Call of Duty Halo's Killer?(Poll)

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darkmoone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Darkmoone1
Member since 2008 • 2845 Posts
Simple: Halo will kill itself, like how WOW will eventually kill itself.
mixmax5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mixmax5
Member since 2006 • 2347 Posts

Not at all.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

*Looks at the poll*

So I guess people think little to no skill, shorter than Halo campaigns and milkage with 11 and most identical games kills a series that adds some new things in each game from being 100% rehashes. Only in SW.:lol:

Messiahbolical-

COD is way more fun than Halo. Halo is boring as hell these days. Halo needs to take notes from COD's class and leveling system.

The last thing we need this gen is shooter copying the gameplay of another shooter :|

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Well like you guys already know, MW2 just came out and it sold more than any other videogame in history ( as for the first week)

MP is one of the most addictives of all times, it looks awesome, and most of all its FUN!

Halo OSDT came out, not a big a deal as it was (halo3), Same with Halo wars, so it got me thinking

Is COD the halo killer? do people even care about halo anymore?

Will Halo reach take the crown back?

I think not.

Solid_Tango

No

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#55 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

ODST and Halo Wars weren't as big a deal as Halo 3 because they weren't really main installments. More like spin offs. Still I guess in terms of sales Call of Duty has beaten' Halo. It did back with COD4. Although you do have to take into consideration that Call of Duty is on WAY more platforms. For the record there hasn't been a Call of Duty game to sell more on the 360 alone than Halo 3 yet.

As for Halo Reach out selling the current Call of Duties, no way. It's limited to just the 360. About half or more of the 360's install base would have to buy Halo: Reach in order for it to outsell Call of Duty 4. Halo is at a distinct disadvantage being limited to a single platform.

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

*Looks at the poll*

So I guess people think little to no skill, shorter than Halo campaigns and milkage with 11 and most identical games kills a series that adds some new things in each game from being 100% rehashes. Only in SW.:lol:

Messiahbolical-

COD is way more fun than Halo. Halo is boring as hell these days. Halo needs to take notes from COD's class and leveling system.

whats your gamertag?

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
[QUOTE="vashkey"]

ODST and Halo Wars weren't as big a deal as Halo 3 because they weren't really main installments. More like spin offs. Still I guess in terms of sales Call of Duty has beaten' Halo. It did back with COD4. Although you do have to take into consideration that Call of Duty is on WAY more platforms. For the record there hasn't been a Call of Duty game to sell more on the 360 alone than Halo 3 yet.

As for Halo Reach out selling the current Call of Duties, no way. It's limited to just the 360. About half or more of the 360's install base would have to buy Halo: Reach in order for it to outsell Call of Duty 4. Halo is at a distinct disadvantage being limited to a single platform.

Halo 3 outsold CoD4 on 360. It's not fair to compare a popular multiplat to a popular sequel.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

*Looks at the poll*

whats your gamertag?

"I played it at a friend's house". You and I both know that's exactly how it will turn out.
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]

COD is way more fun than Halo. Halo is boring as hell these days. Halo needs to take notes from COD's class and leveling system.Messiahbolical-

whats your gamertag?

"I played it at a friend's house". You and I both know that's exactly how it will turn out.

Come on now. He gave ODST a well reasoned score in his profile. Surely he owns all the Halo games and played them all considerably to have a good analysis of them.:P
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

We're just talking about consoles here right? Good. Then imo Yes, for the 360 at least :D