Call Of Duty 7 Being Developed By Treyarch For November 2010 Release

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

CVG can confirm that Activision has pencilled in a November release for the seventh Call Of Duty - which will be set in the late 1960s, during the Vietnam War.

Following this week's rumours, a senior UK trade source today told us that the Treyarch-developed title is scheduled to arrive a full 12 months after last year's Modern Warfare 2.

They added that the game would be set during the Vietnam conflict - and takes particular influence from movies Apocalypse Now and Platoon.

"It's going to be November again - just as with World At War and Modern Warfare 2," they told CVG.

"Activision believes that it can own Christmas 2010, just as it has in the last two years.

"Development is on course - and Treyarch have been told the game must be ready to hit shelves before the gifting season."

Activision declined to comment when contacted by CVG.

Source

What do you guys think about this?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
As long as people continues to buy this endless CoD games then they will not stop doing this. Sigh, its annoying seeing each year ActivBlizz publishes a new CoD that is the same as the old one and people continue to buy it.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

I posted this the other day :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27152161

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

can you choose between being an asian and an american? that would be cool..

G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
cool for people who like call of duty, i wont be buying it though.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
There has been CoD pretty much every Fall since 2003 2003: CoD in October 2004: CoD UO in Sept 2005: CoD2 in Oct (PC), Nov (360) 2006: CoD3 in Nov 2007: CoD4 MW in Nov 2008: CoD W@W in Nov 2009: CoD MW2 in Nov i mean, i thought people got the pattern by now.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

They need to just do more stuff like Nazi zombies ect. Think of more crazy fun multiplayer modes. cause I dont think anyone after the first month that game came out anyone played the actual multiplayer and singleplayer in that game lol. Seriously let IW make the more serious part of the series, Treyarch you have found your calling, just make it a silly fun game that doesn't take its self seriously like MW does

psycheese657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psycheese657
Member since 2009 • 217 Posts

No offense but Im pretty sure everyone knows this by now lol. And treyarch has been swtiching off with infinity ward after IW made CoD2.

As everyone knows by now, the IW game serves as the "innovative" one, and the Treyarch game makes us want the IW game to come sooner :lol:

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Ugh, this game will be a complete disrespect to both American troops and Vietnamese troops.

I having a feeling this game will:

1) Trivialize the war and the horrors the troops witnessed

2) Give us the "AMERICA! **** YEAH, WE CAN DO NO WRONG" version of the war

3) Make the Vietnamese to be the worst people ever

:|

I also have a feeling the online is going to be pay to play, like Activision rumored not to long ago.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#10 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
Ah, I'm going to steer clear of this Call of Duty.
MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

As long as people continues to buy this endless CoD games then they will not stop doing this. Sigh, its annoying seeing each year ActivBlizz publishes a new CoD that is the same as the old one and people continue to buy it.Miroku32

Lol wut?

Every cod game plays diferently except for cod4 and mw2, mw2 is just basacally an upgrade.

But every cod game defanatly differs in terms of gameplay.

And i mean wth? people but cod because its a very fun and addicting game so just leave them alone, every cod game has had amazing quality every game and will always continue to be popualar unless it starts to acctually get 'bad'

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

how about some World War I.

WW2 is washed out, and Vietnam got some games in 2002-2005, WWI has none except PC mods.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Another mediocre Treyarch game, well aren't we lucky...

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Pencilled in a November release? HA, as if they have a choice.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

vietnam ftw. time to watch platoon.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#16 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]As long as people continues to buy this endless CoD games then they will not stop doing this. Sigh, its annoying seeing each year ActivBlizz publishes a new CoD that is the same as the old one and people continue to buy it.MobilechicaneX

Lol wut?

Every cod game plays diferently except for cod4 and mw2, mw2 is just basacally an upgrade.

But every cod game defanatly differs in terms of gameplay.

And i mean wth? people but cod because its a very fun and addicting game so just leave them alone, every cod game has had amazing quality every game and will always continue to be popualar unless it starts to acctually get 'bad'

Well, sorry for disregarding but aren't all the same? A first person shooter set in the second world war or a futuristic war? I think they are all the same. By the way, I don't mean offense or anything but do you have all the six Call of Duty games in your collection?
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
No surprises here. They'll keep making if people keep buying.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

WW2 is washed out, and Vietnam got some games in 2002-2005, WWI has none except PC mods.

good luck trying to play a game with a war that only thing you can possibly do is running across no man's land and cut off by machine guns. oh you can use the machine guns yourself for the whole game, and there is a special mission on finding your gas mask when the germans spread mustard gas!
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
As long as people continues to buy this endless CoD games then they will not stop doing this. Sigh, its annoying seeing each year ActivBlizz publishes a new CoD that is the same as the old one and people continue to buy it.Miroku32
I hate to say it, but I've only been playing COD since COD4... but from the three I've played (the last three), they've all been quality games. I hate to see Activision makes so much freaking money, because they are so freaking greedy and the king of milkage... but as long as I enjoy the COD franchise, I'll keep buying the games.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

funsohng

good luck trying to play a game with a war that only thing you can possibly do is running across no man's land and cut off by machine guns. oh you can use the machine guns yourself for the whole game, and there is a special mission on finding your gas mask when the germans spread mustard gas!

Battle of Argonne Forest, would make for an amazing mission.

And trench warfare COULD work if they went Star Wars: Battlefront with it.

Other features: urinate on cloth to avoid mustard gas, or urinate on machine gun when overheated. Spam left trigger.;)

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

As much as I love CoD and wish the best for Treyarch, Activision's arrogance is too much. I'm really hoping IW breaks off and the CoD series goes the way of Tony Hawk.

teh_shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 teh_shogun
Member since 2009 • 714 Posts

i'm looking forward to this game. WaW had a ton of features i wish were in MW2. like a survival mode, co-op campaign, and more. this game is gonna be sweet...

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 carljohnson3456

As much as I love CoD and wish the best for Treyarch, Activision's arrogance is too much. I'm really hoping IW breaks off and the CoD series goes the way of Tony Hawk.

SPYDER0416
If Infinity Ward broke away from Activision, I would follow their new franchise. I'd give a new CoD game a glance here and there, but Infinity Ward really know how to make a good game. I really wish they'd break way from Activision. Heck, I'd rather see them at EA.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 carljohnson3456

i'm looking forward to this game. WaW had a ton of features i wish were in MW2. like a survival mode, co-op campaign, and more. this game is gonna be sweet...

teh_shogun
I did enjoy a bit of Nazi-Zombie action.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

I'd like to use this thread to show my love for CoD:zombies on iphone. It's glorious.

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
Why are people pretending like COD isn't a quality game? Sure, a game every year seems like a lot relative to the regular release of games by the same title, but most games outside of MMOs don't last a full year, and if they do, they aren't as active anymore. Very few FPS's manage to keep interest for long term (think CS, TF2). My main gripe with MW2 is that the campaign was too short - not that the campaign isn't good, heck, the entire campaign was actually excited. Basically, as long as the COD series remain top-notch quality and have better length campaigns, I see no issue with a new game each year.
MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

Im really curious to see how the online component of the game works, we've been used to having at least 4 factions in each game but i can't see it happening here and i mean what will the online stages look like? I hope they dont all look the same.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="stygiansanity"] My main gripe with MW2 is that the campaign was too short - not that the campaign isn't good, heck, the entire campaign was actually excited. Basically, as long as the COD series remain top-notch quality and have better length campaigns, I see no issue with a new game each year.

I couldnt agree more. I was having so much fun with the campaign... then it's over. I beat it on Hardened then Veteran, and they even lowered the difficulty of this game. I breezed through MW2 on Veteran, when I would used to get so frustrated I would end up not beating the game.
teh_shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 teh_shogun

Im really curious to see how the online component of the game works, we've been used to having at least 4 factions in each game but i can't see it happening here and i mean what will the online stages look like? I hope they dont all look the same.

MobilechicaneX

i'm guessing rice fields, rat tunnels for flanking, war torn viet cities/villages

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

In other news, Fall will be arriving around September and New Years Day will be on January 1st. :P

psycheese657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 psycheese657

HavocV3

YES! I would love a WW1 game!

teh_shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 teh_shogun

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

psycheese657

WW1 was a mess. basically the game would be two sides on opposite ends, coming at each other with single shot rifles, and getting mowed down by gattling guns.

psycheese657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 psycheese657

[QUOTE="psycheese657"]

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

teh_shogun

WW1 was a mess. basically the game would be two sides on opposite ends, coming at each other with single shot rifles, and getting mowed down by gattling guns.

And ur saying that wouldnt be fun? lol Just change Single shot rifles to M16s and gattling with the RPD and u have MW 1 and 2 lol

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

I just brought Modern Warfare 2 and I was telling myself this wouldn't happen lol.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Not surprised, COD is the madden of shooters.
Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
COD is the Madden of FPS.
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

I just brought Modern Warfare 2 and I was telling myself this wouldn't happen lol.

Megaman5364
If you enjoyed Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, I'm sure Modern Warfare 2 will provide you with hours of entertainment anyway. :)
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

As much as I enjoy Call of Duty, it is the Madden of Shooters

I don't really consider it as "Hardcore" as some do, i think its fairly accesible to a non-seasoned gamer, and for some of those things i like

but it isn't my favorite shooter IP, but the popularity often has me playing with friends

I'm looking forward to SP:C online, hopefully that kicks ***

didn't Activision hire a third team to make COD games? And the rumors are IW isn't making another COD but something different

I'd love to see if IW can do anything good beyond FPS, but i doubt it

Making Activision can gives us a new COD every six months!

I bet EA is wondering how they can get Madden to sell as well as the 10 million every COD does each year (more like 15 million)

Seriously, more shooter fans than Football fans? Heck, Madden is on more platforms

PabloEscobar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 PabloEscobar20
Member since 2009 • 837 Posts

I will probably get it cheap just to beat the veteran mode. Treyarch make some awesome hard modes lol. Loved their grenade showers in WaW.

thirdykal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thirdykal
Member since 2009 • 302 Posts

I'm personally glad theres a new CoD every year. Consistent AAA FPS title each year. If all other games flop at least there's still CoD. Each title has a significant level of polish because they all get 2 years with two teams that share tech with each other. Every year the game is set in a new location (at least recently), but there do need to be larger differences between the games (bigger emphasis on commie zombies or whatever, like they did with spec ops). Also the campaigns need to be longer with more character development and character interaction. In a single player experience there need to be more cinematic cutscenes as well as gameplay setpieces.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#41 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Awesome :D (seriously, enough of the WWII games already!). Honestly, it's about time they ventured onto another war scenario (Vietnam sounds good...it was one of the most brutal and emotional wars) let's hope Treyarch doesn't screw this one up. I'm always looking foward to the next COD, provided that they don't start getting stale (and they haven't disappointed, suprisingly).
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
When will you people learn to stop buying these crappy games?
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#43 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I think the only really good Vietnam war game would be one that isn't primarily a shooter.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

Activision need more money I guess. It will be yet another rehash that will sell millions of copies, it's really sad.....

AdjacentLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AdjacentLives
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts

Some of us actually enjoy buying and playing these games. You make it sound as though we have no idea what we are doing.

It's like my take on World of Warcraft. I believe it to be a huge colossal waste of time and money, yet some people believe otherwise. Open your mind a little.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Doesn't sound too bad. Treyarch can't do multiplayer all that well (looking at you CoD3) but they do a good job in the single player department.
Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Juken7
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

They'll kill CoD as they did THPS if they keep this up.

linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
Meh. I'll probably still end up buying this (as I like my shallow shooters,) but I can't say I'll be as hyped as I was for MW and WaW. It's also a conflict that really needs to be treated with special care, as it was one of the most pointless and brutal conflicts of the 20th century.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

funsohng

the western and italian fronts represented trench warfare. the other fronts were more mobile.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
I'm probably gonna pick it up even though i have CODMW2. Its a nice change of environment and guns.