Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@heretrix said:

@2mrw said:

MS has been on a discount wagon for months now, it's really embarrassing.

Yeah, they should charge as much as possible all the time..

who wants to buy a console when it's on sale?

Oh yeah, most people.

Its funny because before launch when we were finding out X1 wasn't as powerful as PS4, people here said it should be cheaper. So, now it is....................and its embarrassing?

only embarrassing if even after the discount, they still lose sales wars. at this point sales arent even worth talking about... ms might end up winning sales, but are they ever going to be out of the black as a gaming division. Every chart from 7th gen ive seen is that they havent even offset their losses yet and this isnt helping. Sony may be winning and profiting from ps4 sales, but sony is nowhere near out the clear with their financial woes....

and its only been one year.....talk to me after the end of this year when more games come out

I don't know why anybody even thought MS was going to win the sales war. They had a good gen in sales mainly in US, UK and a few others. World wide Sony has always been preferred. I never thought they were going to win the sales race.

I think you mean "but are they ever going to be out of the RED". Being in the black is a good thing in business. And why ask me? I don't work there.

Talk to you at the end of the year? Dude I didn't start talking to you now.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@AzatiS said:

It is embarassing indeed.

Reverse of policies , pathetic claims of "powaah" with Dx12 / CPU boosts / Patches / Kinect Removal ... Price cuts , more price cuts and more price cuts thru coupons/bundles etc ... All these in a year ... And still cant make it ! Well good for Lems.. They buying their favorite "craps" cheaper ..Thanks to Sony that is !! haha

Do you always get embarrassed for companies? I get embarrassed when something happens to me, but I never was very empathetic.

So it would have been better to continue with the original policies? Let me guess, they shouldn't have done them to begin with. Because Sony sure didn't make mistakes leading up to the PS3 launch.

And price cuts first year? Not like Sony and the PS3 know much about that.

Yes the PS4 is the answer to the absolute grounding in reality Sony needed after the PS3......................thanks to Nintendo and Microsoft.

I was never a fanboy or a member/employee of any company like this to feel embarrassed myself.

As for PS3 ... I was one of the most harsh critics when it first came out so please .... Those things you saying wont work vs me .. Try harder next time.

But you want to talk facts ? Ok lets play your game.

Which console provided exclusives even few months before next gen = PS3

Where was Wii when PS3 provided massive exclusives ? = dead loooong ago

What X360s sales ended up being vs the crappy , overpriced PS3 = the very same

Thanks to Nintendo and MS ... sure... lol ... keep dreaming !

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61515 Posts

Are we still complaining about MS discounts? Is this a thing still?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

gotta bitch about something. can't bitch about kinect, can't bitch about the price, cant bitch about it not having exclusives, can't bitch about the OS. Cows need something to hang on to

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AzatiS

@heretrix said:

@AzatiS said:

@heretrix said:

@2mrw said:

Oh yeah, most people.

Its on Sale for a year straight almost ... and it is its first year in the market ... and still losing hard ... So it is embarrassing if you asking me.

It's no more embarrassing than the PS4 lineup at this point. Both consoles are still leaving a lot to be desired at the moment.

When i go to metacritic i see PS4 having more AAA/AA games in total

PS4 = 62

X1 = 36

Ill go with the stronger hardware , with more options AND the most interesting ( diversity/quality) exclusives/time exclusives / console exclusives ( GT , God of War , Last Guardian , PT , Street Fighter 5 ,Bloodborne , Uncharted 4 , Until Dawn , Infamous , Persona 5 etc )

Sorry , if you wanna play the exclusives only argument go with Wii U instead though on the other hand ... what is Wii Us future ? What about Wii U in 2016 ? 2017? 2018 ? hmmm... Another overpriced dust collector ?

Ps4 winning easily in both hardware/software and exclusives departments this generation . Just wait a bit for the big guns ... We are only 1 year in ... Tell me what has Wii U left or X1 to show off ? 1 game each or 2 ? ehmmmm... yes! That much... :)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lundy86_4  Online

@mems_1224 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

gotta bitch about something. can't bitch about kinect, can't bitch about the price, cant bitch about it not having exclusives, can't bitch about the OS. Cows need something to hang on to

Man... I must be the odd duck, cos I love discounts. Damn.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Man... I must be the odd duck, cos I love discounts. Damn.

me too, thats why i have like 400 steam games lol

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Nothing like turning water into wine.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@kingtito said:

@finalstar2007 said:

PLZ buy the XboxLAST! no games and no sales its tiring buy it!

Better to buy a console at full price that also has no games.......hahaha cows. It's no wonder you're the jokes of SWs

Typical lem post... you do realize PS4 has more games on it right now and more coming this year than XboxLastPlace right?

good luck next gen assuming MS staying in the industry that long lol

Five exclusive games, four of which flopped and a bunch of multi-platform games available on other consoles/PC... Not exactly making a strong argument for this system, if anything you're hurting it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: Or pizza into a ham sammich.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@lundy86_4: "Man... I must be the odd duck, cos I love discounts. Damn."

From what I gather that's not the point being presented. "could be wrong"

Consumers win when a company is desperately trying gain marketshare.

Some are just relishing in knowing MS themselves understand their behind the eight ball.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 cainetao11

@AzatiS said:

@cainetao11 said:

@AzatiS said:

Reverse of policies , pathetic claims of "powaah" with Dx12 / CPU boosts / Patches / Kinect Removal ... Price cuts , more price cuts and more price cuts thru coupons/bundles etc ... All these in a year ... And still cant make it ! Well good for Lems.. They buying their favorite "craps" cheaper ..Thanks to Sony that is !! haha

Do you always get embarrassed for companies? I get embarrassed when something happens to me, but I never was very empathetic.

So it would have been better to continue with the original policies? Let me guess, they shouldn't have done them to begin with. Because Sony sure didn't make mistakes leading up to the PS3 launch.

Yes the PS4 is the answer to the absolute grounding in reality Sony needed after the PS3......................thanks to Nintendo and Microsoft.

I was never a fanboy or a member/employee of any company like this to feel embarrassed myself.

As for PS3 ... I was one of the most harsh critics when it first came out so please .... Those things you saying wont work vs me .. Try harder next time.

No need to dream, its reality. Sony didn't go with non sense tech that is a pain to develop for this time around. They went with a much better pricing strategy. They made multiplayer behind a paywall because its money left on the table evidently. Anybody with half a brain knows the competition taking massive market share from a company that owned 90% of the market 2 gens in a row forced a different approach then before.

As for your facts game? I play games, multiplat or exclusive so big deal.

Where was the Wii? Dominating the sales race.

Who said the PS3 was crappy? I own and enjoy mine and did most of last gen.

And lastly, "try harder next time"? I don't believe this is a competition. There is no prize I need to try to win. Its a written conversation.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22805 Posts

Only in video games do the consumers criticize the idea of paying less... Sad.

Xone is still not at a place I need it to be to purchase. Though if I owned one, I'd be equally satisfied as I am with the ps4. I'll grab it down the line if it builds a stable of excellent games.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mr_Huggles_dog

@FoxbatAlpha: Why in the holy hell would you ever.....EVER....turn a pizza into a ham sandwich.

W......T.....F?????????????????????????????????????

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lundy86_4  Online

@Zethrickk382 said:

Some are just relishing in knowing MS themselves understand their behind the eight ball.

I'm talking more of this board in general.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I'll surely get one when i get to the point where I want to completely waste $350.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 cainetao11

@TheEroica said:

Xone is still not at a place I need it to be to purchase. Though if I owned one, I'd be equally satisfied as I am with the ps4. I'll grab it down the line if it builds a stable of excellent games.

I can totally understand this. I didn't rush to get a PS4. It just didn't interest me. I got the X1 first, and made use of the features and enjoyed the games.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@TheEroica: @lundy86_4: I am not really complaining, in a way I am advertising the Xbone discount, I didn't really criticize the console, but rather the policy of MS and the change of its stance. I am also point out that the repeated and prolonged discounts this early this generation is an indication of poor sales.

I do not buy anything outside sales tbh.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Yeah i will pick up an xbone when it drops to the right price and finally gets some good games.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50608 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Zethrickk382 said:

Started playing FFXIV again, I need some helpful hints!

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Zethrickk382 said:

Same, trying to remember where all my keybinds etc. are was a nightmare and i remember i had a system to my inventory... which i've now forgotten and it's just a huge mess.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Chutebox  Online

@Snugenz said:

@Chutebox said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Zethrickk382 said:

Same, trying to remember where all my keybinds etc. are was a nightmare and i remember i had a system to my inventory... which i've now forgotten and it's just a huge mess.

Get on in Lundy, we're waiting. I expect our guide soon, thanks.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lundy86_4  Online

@Snugenz said:

@Chutebox said:

I feel like i'm the worst person to ask for advice lol. I'm playing on the PS4, and I feel like I would cry playing this on a keyboard/mouse... It'd probably be way easier though.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Chutebox  Online
@lundy86_4 said:

@Snugenz said:

@Chutebox said:

I feel like i'm the worst person to ask for advice lol. I'm playing on the PS4, and I feel like I would cry playing this on a keyboard/mouse... It'd probably be way easier though.

I'm actually using a controller on PC. Didn't care for keyboard with this game.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NyaDC

The console had a rough start, we get it, they had a weird vision with everything focused on TV, we get it, they wanted to make an online console before the consumer market was ready for it, we get it, their message and CEO response to the community was off putting, we get it, we get it, we get it...

We all get it, it's in the past, it's no longer relevant, that is all done with, let it go...

The Xbox One was priced exactly where is should have been and the mandatory inclusion of Kinect in the system was to ensure developer support. Rather than support this clearly needed move people continually bashed Microsoft for the $100 cost premium the device added to the system. This community killed the Kinect, they forced Microsoft's hand to do something they not only shouldn't have done but didn't want to, all over a measly $100... This community bitching and moaning single handedly killed off a device which would have benefited the platform greatly over time. If everyone has a Kinect there is great cause and reason to develop for it or include features with it in games, when you don't know who does and does not have it, or the community is fragmented, there is absolutely no incentive as a developer to develop for it.

If the Xbox One was marketed correctly out of the gate it would have sold much better, I would say in the upwards of half of the PlayStation 4 community is made up of 'scorned' Xbox 360 users, if those people didn't feel burned by Microsoft what console do you think they would have purchased? Obviously they would have wanted the Xbox One, they're Xbox users, it's their platform. This console is selling the way it is because of bad PR, not because anything is actually wrong with it, or that it was priced bad, or that it's not a very capable console, it clearly is not bad, it was priced fine and it's clearly more than capable enough, it's all PR and word of mouth spread across the internet like a cancer.

This whole 1080p thing has slated this console worse than anything to be honest, all of the misleading marketing and importance around it has saturated the Xbox One image with even further negativity, people think it's a weak system in comparison to the PlayStation 4 when the reality is it's really not. Every person I know who actually owns an Xbox One is very happy with it, their complaints are minimal. Is this because they're fanboys? No, many of them are PlayStation 4 owners as well including myself, we just see the console for what it actually is as we own it instead of listening this horribly misinformed view and stigma surrounding it that the internet has created.

I paid the original cost for the system of $499.99, it was worth the money I spent on it then, every penny. I'm not cheap, I'm an adult, I have a job, I saw the value in what they wanted to accomplish then and even now. You can't let a bunch of 16 year olds with inconsistent finances who can't afford something they want dictate your system, that's the reason Kinect is sparsely supported now, cheap entitled people. Microsoft is ambitiously pursuing making this the best console of the generation, and so far they are accomplishing that goal in how they are constantly developing, updating, adding to and bettering their system as a platform and the great games they are bringing to it.

If they can eradicate this scarred view some people have of this console it will be nothing but success from that point out. Anyone attempting to bash this console clearly doesn't own one and probably has never even used one for an extended period of time. They can't see the value in it, what it has to offer, what it can do, the usefulness of its features and functionality. Microsoft is offering this console at a discount not because they're in financial peril or desperate, they're doing it so these people blinded by brand loyalty, ignorance, hate and the misinformed will actually see what this console is about, they wouldn't look at it otherwise because they're so far up their own asses or what other people have to say that they can't seem to think or look for themselves, they let the internet and others decide for them.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

even if it's 150$ the Xbone is still not worth getting

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@Snugenz said:

@Chutebox said:

I have the PS3/PS4 version aswell but i just can't play it with a pad. Then again i play a good few other MMO's so keyboard and my usual keybinds are second nature to me now.

But yeah, forgetting where you put everything and rotations for the different jobs is a headache, nevermind crafting and all the materials that go with them.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 2mrw

@nyadc: Dude, that's a lot of txt for me to read .... anyway, I did read the last paragraph, and my points still stands, their promotions still indicate their sales are poor and all numbers confirm this.

If you are enjoying your X1, good for you, and I hope MS could sell more, we do not want it to be a one way competition.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By NyaDC

@blamix99 said:

even if it's 150$ the Xbone is still not worth getting

This right here is the horribly stupid stigma that needs to be killed off, if you actually think that you should be considered certifiably retarded.

@2mrw said:

@nyadc: Dude, that's a lot of txt for me to read .... anyway, I did read the last paragraph, and my points still stands, their promotions still indicate their sales are poor and all numbers confirm this.

If you are enjoying your X1, good for you, and I hope MS could sell more, we do not want it to be a one way competition.

Sales are poor and all numbers confirm this? What planet do you live on? By now it's easily sold over 13 million units, that makes it the second fastest selling console in history behind the PlayStation 4 and only the PlayStation 4. People in this community seem to equate "it's not selling as well as the PlayStation 4" with "it's selling poorly", the former is true and reality, the latter is not. The console cost $100 more when it launched, suffered from a horrible PR sting and confusion, online stringent policies, community backlash that still continues and now it's only sitting 7 million units behind its competition and you think its selling poorly? It's amazing that's it's doing as good as it is considering, imagine if none of that happened where it would be sitting at right now...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@Chutebox said:

It works pretty damn well. I'm grinding my Ninja for Poetics in order to get my i130 gear, and chilling back with the controller whilst watching some TV is critical.

Edit: I just read my own text as "Blah blah blah" lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chutebox  Online
@lundy86_4 said:

@Chutebox said:

It works pretty damn well. I'm grinding my Ninja for Poetics in order to get my i130 gear, and chilling back with the controller whilst watching some TV is critical.

Edit: I just read my own text as "Blah blah blah" lol.

I understood it only because I played so much FFXI

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@heretrix said:

@AzatiS said:

@heretrix said:

@2mrw said:

Oh yeah, most people.

Its on Sale for a year straight almost ... and it is its first year in the market ... and still losing hard ... So it is embarrassing if you asking me.

It's no more embarrassing than the PS4 lineup at this point. Both consoles are still leaving a lot to be desired at the moment.

PS4 = 62

X1 = 36

Ill go with the stronger hardware , with more options AND the most interesting ( diversity/quality) exclusives/time exclusives / console exclusives ( GT , God of War , Last Guardian , PT , Street Fighter 5 ,Bloodborne , Uncharted 4 , Until Dawn , Infamous , Persona 5 etc )

Sorry , if you wanna play the exclusives only argument go with Wii U instead though on the other hand ... what is Wii Us future ? What about Wii U in 2016 ? 2017? 2018 ? hmmm... Another overpriced dust collector ?

Ps4 winning easily in both hardware/software and exclusives departments this generation . Just wait a bit for the big guns ... We are only 1 year in ... Tell me what has Wii U left or X1 to show off ? 1 game each or 2 ? ehmmmm... yes! That much... :)

I really don't care. The Ps4's library right now is underwhelming at best.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lundy86_4  Online

@Chutebox said:

I understood it only because I played so much FFXI

I miss that game... I got into it late, which made levelling extremely tedious.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

The Xbone is a dud; like the Zune or Windows Vista. Microsoft needs to do the right thing and put that PoS out to pasture instead of trying to pawn them off to their ignorant and ghetto fanbase.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 2mrw

@nyadc: Poorer than it should then, you can tell, MS isn't satisfied at all.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#86 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@TheEroica said:

It's not so much that people are against the idea of paying less. But fanboys are quick to use a company's financial situation as ammo for their argument. When fanboys don't have anything good about their console to boast about (ie. graphics or games), then they resort to dissing the fact that one company is losing more money than another....due to whatever reason. Sony immediately comes to mind. So similarly, when an Xbox is discounted, Microsoft loses money per sale of Xbox, and is in turn, used as a point of contention. Not only that, Microsoft is not the kind of company that will discount their console from the generosity of their heart. Their discounting it because it's nowhere near being able to overtake the PS4 - which again is a favorable point of debate for Sony fanboys.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Not a big difference between the two now, PS4 might not have dropped below its original price point of 400$, but they did not need to ditch one of its big components(Kinect). Let's face it Killzone SF is complete garbage at this point so it's a PS4 and 2 games pretty much, but these 2 games are high profile PS4 games, and one could argue that TLOU remastered is the PS4's ace card at this point.....so I wouldn't say MS is more desperate.

Both companies are offering great discounts and this is great for the consumers. If I was a PS4 owner now, the last thing I would be doing is bashing the Xbox One, I would be more worried about Bloodborne meeting the hype, because if it does not , well I think a lot of PS4 owners would be disappointed.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By AzatiS

@cainetao11 said:

@AzatiS said:

@cainetao11 said:

@AzatiS said:

No need to dream, its reality. Sony didn't go with non sense tech that is a pain to develop for this time around. They went with a much better pricing strategy. They made multiplayer behind a paywall because its money left on the table evidently. Anybody with half a brain knows the competition taking massive market share from a company that owned 90% of the market 2 gens in a row forced a different approach then before.

As for your facts game? I play games, multiplat or exclusive so big deal.

Where was the Wii? Dominating the sales race.

Who said the PS3 was crappy? I own and enjoy mine and did most of last gen.

And lastly, "try harder next time"? I don't believe this is a competition. There is no prize I need to try to win. Its a written conversation.

Oh you playing the "words" game here. Ok here i go , try to prove me wrong .

Did Sony hyped PS3 like the messiah of gaming ? Superior graphics like no other console achieved ever before and that will open new horizons in gameplay with the CELL and its drive ( BD ) etc etc .. Do you remember all those things Sony said prior of its release ? Well , nothing happened.

In fact PS3 was seriously overpriced in major "mini" markets all over the world. In my territory it costed 650 euros for along time (up to a year for sure ) with 1 pad and no game. For what exactly ? It failed in every single way to pay 650 euros ( more than 850$ at the time ) for it. I never saw graphics better than competition ( x360 ) not the gameplay revolution ... in fact was the opposite.

So what really happened ? Do you remember ? No ? Ok , let me tell you ! PS3 sales lagging like hell worldwide .. and that led otherwise major PS exclusives to go multiplatform. That was the first big slap. Then developers leading console for their multiplatforms was ...X360 in most occassions because of costs ( bad PS3 architecture ) ... Another slap in the face . All these things were happening while PS3 was in panic mode , trying to cut the price by remodel the original model ... Still console was overpriced.

Lack of big blockbuster games to push sales didnt help either while SONY had MULTIBILLION losses everysingle year up to date.

THAT problematic product , called PS3 .. ended up being on par with X360 on sales and ended up having the most AAA/AA games overall out of all 3 consoles and that very same problematic product prodived amazing exclusives to its owners even few months before next gen.

Wii was in a serious life support .. Dominating sales ? I thought you like games no sales ! Wii was in a serious life support till Zelda gets a release and after that was in a second life support , waiting for its death. Thousands of posts of dissapointing sheep calling console "DUST COLLECTOR". Go search.

So my point.

If MS with X360 couldnt win vs a super problematic product from a multibillion losses company , SONY , then what the hell Sony to copy X360 for ? Are you out of your mind bro ? X360 did literally BAD ! As bad as PS3 did if you dont agree with my logic ! So what exactly to copy ? What exactly to copy from Nintendo ? Full support for 2-3 years , then go life support and become a dust collector ? Are you crazy here ? See the facts as they are and dont talk craps.

Sony is the behemoth of console gaming , you like it or not. They proved it under the WORST circumstances any company can ever imagine ... And they made the impossible. To be once again , despite all these problems , the behemoth of console gaming with amazing exclusives and 3rd party support. Yes , the yearly multibillion losses company named Sony. So please ... Sony copied MS and Nintendo , are you crazy ?! I mean lol ... lol bigtime !! Im glad theyll never do that .

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AzatiS

@heretrix said:

@AzatiS said:

@heretrix said:

@AzatiS said:

@heretrix said:

@2mrw said:

Oh yeah, most people.

PS4 = 62

X1 = 36

I really don't care. The Ps4's library right now is underwhelming at best.

It is underwhelming but hell no way embarrassing .. 62 to 36 is a big library difference. But i agree with you , its not something great like Wii U current line up.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#90  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Not a big difference between the two now, PS4 might not have dropped below its original price point of 400$, but they did not need to ditch one of its big components(Kinect). Let's face it Killzone SF is complete garbage at this point so it's a PS4 and 2 games pretty much, but these 2 games are high profile PS4 games, and one could argue that TLOU remastered is the PS4's ace card at this point.....so I wouldn't say MS is more desperate.

Both companies are offering great discounts and this is great for the consumers. If I was a PS4 owner now, the last thing I would be doing is bashing the Xbox One, I would be more worried about Bloodborne meeting the hype, because if it does not , well I think a lot of PS4 owners would be disappointed.

Desperation is motivated by commercial assessment, not how many great games you have. Yes, both the PS4 and X1 do not have ace in the holes just yet. But from a business and commercial standpoint, the PS4 is leading the X1 by a large margin. If you are selling a terrible product, but you have a majority market share of say...40%, you wouldn't be desperate either. And on the other hand, you could have great exclusives with all the reasons one could think of to buy your console, but for whatever reason, your market share is say....a mere 10%, you have reason to be a lil' desperate.

This is not a new concept. There is a reason why companies spend more money on marketing and advertising than actual quality control.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Mr_Huggles_dog

@mems_1224: If it makes you feel any better....you guys bitch a lot about the PS4.

See...we're all winners in our own right.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#92 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@nyadc: give me 1 good reason why i should get an Xbone then.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

If they had more exclusive software that caught my interest, then a $350 Xbone might catch my interest. As of now, MCC is still broken and everything else is on PC.

Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive are on PC? When did that happen? Stop embarrassing yourself.

@silversix_ said:

Such is life.

No one wants the system, tho

Yes, Over 11 million XB1 sold means no one wants the system. LOL!! You're just as embarrassing as the other guy. It'll sell millions more after the E3.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@blackace: keep telling you that. soon McDonalds will be offering a free xbone with a purchase of a family meal. That's how desperate MS is. Desperation continuation.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Reverse of policies , pathetic claims of "powaah" with Dx12 / CPU boosts / Patches / Kinect Removal ... Price cuts , more price cuts and more price cuts thru coupons/bundles etc ... All these in a year

It is indeed very revealing how folk in the world see the bone, all of the above in the space of a year and the PS4 is still dominating sales completely.

It will come to the point where ms will be paying people to take the bone pretty soon, and even then zealous ms/bone fans will still claim 'we won' its all very sad.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By cainetao11

@AzatiS: "Wii was in a serious life support .. Dominating sales ? I thought you like games no sales !"---So I cant point out the fact, remember you like the facts, that the console ran away with the sales race?

"If MS with X360 couldnt win vs a super problematic product from a multibillion losses company , SONY , then what the hell Sony to copy X360 for ? Are you out of your mind bro ?" First show me where I said they copied the 360? I think you are confused. I said the competition taking market share from a company that dominated this market, forced Sony to make some changes. And they have been great changes, with the exception of pay for Multiplayer.

"Sony is the behemoth of console gaming , you like it or not. They proved it under the WORST circumstances any company can ever imagine ... And they made the impossible. To be once again , despite all these problems , the behemoth of console gaming with amazing exclusives and 3rd party support. Yes , the yearly multibillion losses company named Sony. So please ... Sony copied MS and Nintendo , are you crazy ?! I mean lol ... lol bigtime !! Im glad theyll never do that ."----I have said here numerous times in the past nine years Sony is world wide favorite in this industry, period. I have never claimed anyone unseated them. Reading you claim I am "talking craps" and saying things I didn't really has left me like WTF are you talking about. Again show me where I said Sony COPIED the others. Making changes in your approach to the market doesn't mean copied, fella. But they did so because of stiffer sales competition last gen then they ever had before. You want to be an ostrich and hide your head in the sand go ahead.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

AS every one knows Microsoft is a charitable organization and do not want to make any money, Game companies just want to make games for the system there is no pay out.
LOL this is what Sheens sounded like in the beginning ps3 days when shops had to give away TVS just to sell ps3's, and Sony was sinking themselves by paying every one off to get exclusives, Now Sony just sells real estate, and lays off 10k to get those exclusives.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

It is working in America ... just not anywhere else.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44174 Posts

I know Sweet console pricing with great games is very wrong these dayzz but IMO all should give a resounding... Thank you based MS. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

If they want my money then the answer is games. THAT is what they need to put money into. Discounts with no games is meaningless.