Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#51 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13083 Posts

@mazuiface said:

@x_hedon: It's ok dude. You can still play Call of Duty games. I like them too.

Elden Ring outsold Call of Duty Vanguard and will outsell Modern Warfare 2 as well. You didn't need to embarrass yourself, kvally.

Looking forward to your next account suicide.

It’s ok dude. I play Destiny and COD. That’s the advantage of being a manticore. We get to enjoy all the games from all the systems.

No reason to be upset that COD is and will be the best selling franchise of 2022. 14 years in a row now as the best selling.

Wouldn‘t one need to have an original account suicide to have a next? You are striking out quite a bit. Maybe take a keyboard break?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#52 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12350 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet:

Its very likely faster and, less risky to buy someone as successful as Bungie than having to spend years trying to figure out the finer details and technologies they need to execute they're live services plans and possibly failing. Having Bungie doesn't mean every game will be a huge success but, it will make a huge difference.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

Nice, pretty cool Halo will finally be on PlayStation. Never thought this day would come. End tweet.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:

Nice, pretty cool Halo will finally be on PlayStation. Never thought this day would come. End tweet.

Will they bring the franchise back to relevance after Halo Infinite?

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 951 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@vatususreturns said:
@x_hedon said:
@goldenelementxl said:

There are more people playing Destiny 2 on Xbox than any of the Xbox ecosystem exclusives.

What we do know is, there are more people playing Xbox Game Studios' Minecraft on Xbox than are playing Destiny 2 on Xbox. If we look at how Gamespot has scored Destiny showing Bungie taking dumps:

Destiny 1: 6

Destiny 2: 8

Warmind: 6

Curse of Osiris: 5

The Dark Below: 6

Rise of Iron: 6

We also know that more people are playing Call of Duty than all of PS games combined, which is going to be an Xbox Game Studios game.

LOL selective much? Out of your way to conveniently leave out:

The Taken King: 8

Destiny 2: That got a 9, not an 8 btw

Destiny 2 - GameSpot

Forsaken: 8

Shadowkeep: 8

Beyond Light: 8

The Witch Queen (wich is the most recent expansion and Bungie at the top of their game): 9

Destiny 2 is one of the most played games in the world, love it or hate it. Forum dwellers like yourself are a very small minority. Destiny is a very successful franchise, more so than Halo is right now and thats a fact

You were just selective lol! And you are wrong. COD blows away Destiny, which is what we were talking about, not Halo 🤡

And Destiny 2 got an 8 not a 9.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-reviews/destiny-2-review/1900-6416758/

Selective again, I see. Thats the PC review wich came way later. The original review at release was a 9.

Also, no we were not talking about CoD. Lems were making fun of sony fans for thinking they aquired Halo when Halo has been pretty much irrelevant in the vast gaming market by now when compared to Destiny. Destiny has had a bad rep ever since its release on forums but again, forum dwellers like yourself fail to realise the bubble they live in means jack sh*t in the bigger spectrum.

Look, I played MCC, all main line Halos until 4. I prefer Destiny as a franchise. Better lore, worlds and gameplay

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Will they bring the franchise back to relevance after Halo Infinite?

They might. I hear it's going to take all $3 billion USD to do so though.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 412 Posts

Well that's good for Sony and Bungie, I guess. Bungie has made some good games over the years, but I have to wonder how much of Halo was Bungie and how much of Halo was Microsoft's influence on that game. I do wonder what Halo would have been like if it were that Macintosh game it started out as - maybe it would have made an awesome RTS as well.

Destiny has its fans and probably will continue to if there is a Destiny 3. But until they work on some new IP it's hard to say just how much of a value Sony has gotten out of the partnership.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 KvallyX

@vatususreturns said:
@x_hedon said:
@vatususreturns said:
@x_hedon said:
@goldenelementxl said:

There are more people playing Destiny 2 on Xbox than any of the Xbox ecosystem exclusives.

What we do know is, there are more people playing Xbox Game Studios' Minecraft on Xbox than are playing Destiny 2 on Xbox. If we look at how Gamespot has scored Destiny showing Bungie taking dumps:

Destiny 1: 6

Destiny 2: 8

Warmind: 6

Curse of Osiris: 5

The Dark Below: 6

Rise of Iron: 6

We also know that more people are playing Call of Duty than all of PS games combined, which is going to be an Xbox Game Studios game.

LOL selective much? Out of your way to conveniently leave out:

The Taken King: 8

Destiny 2: That got a 9, not an 8 btw

Destiny 2 - GameSpot

Forsaken: 8

Shadowkeep: 8

Beyond Light: 8

The Witch Queen (wich is the most recent expansion and Bungie at the top of their game): 9

Destiny 2 is one of the most played games in the world, love it or hate it. Forum dwellers like yourself are a very small minority. Destiny is a very successful franchise, more so than Halo is right now and thats a fact

You were just selective lol! And you are wrong. COD blows away Destiny, which is what we were talking about, not Halo 🤡

And Destiny 2 got an 8 not a 9.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-reviews/destiny-2-review/1900-6416758/

Selective again, I see. Thats the PC review wich came way later. The original review at release was a 9.

Also, no we were not talking about CoD. Lems were making fun of sony fans for thinking they aquired Halo when Halo has been pretty much irrelevant in the vast gaming market by now when compared to Destiny. Destiny has had a bad rep ever since its release on forums but again, forum dwellers like yourself fail to realise the bubble they live in means jack sh*t in the bigger spectrum.

Look, I played MCC, all main line Halos until 4. I prefer Destiny as a franchise. Better lore, worlds and gameplay

Selective again I see. Now PC doesn’t count? It got an 8.

Yes we were talking about COD. Maybe YOU were not. But that has nothing to do with the conversation we were having.

No need for a meltdown. It’s just games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44214 Posts

My goodness it seems like only few years ago Bungie sucked?

:P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

How does it feel to know that Halo’s best developer is on Team Sony 😎

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44214 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Infinite >>>> All. Plus, Bungie hasn't been good since Halos. ;o

They're mooaar like this bungee these dayzzz...

lolol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 KvallyX

@SolidGame_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:

How does it feel to know that Halo’s best developer is on Team Sony 😎

I feel bad for the cows. Getting Bungie, only to have Bungie make games for Xbox. And Bungie, the worst Halo developer giving Xbox gamers the worst Halo game ever going to team PayStation :(

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39601 Posts

343i is the left overs from Bungie. Sony has the real deal while MS has the left overs, and we all saw of what those left over devs are capable off of. MCC broken for half a decade😆Halo 4😆Halo 5😆😆Infinite😆😆😆Its only getting worse with each new entry. Its as if this developer doesn't learn from their mistakes or something.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KvallyX

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

They said from the beginning the Acti deal was a much bigger deal and would take about a year to finalize. Sony buying Bungie is a much smaller deal.

I'm gonna laugh if the Bungie output is still better than Acti's though

You're not going to laugh, you're just a Sony fanboy. Before this deal went through Bungie games were $70. Now that it's gone through, Bungie games are now $70. Wow, what a win for cows!

The Activision/Blizzard deal and Zenimax deals were different. Before the deal all their games $70. After the deal, they all will be included in Game Pass day one. That's something to look forward to for gamers.

The only reason you cheer the Bungie deal is because in your fanboy mind it delivers ownage to Microsoft.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8887 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I give it 5 years before they break away again.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8887 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

This, “which deal is bigger” stuff is stupid. Who cares?

Folks are also downplaying the relevance Destiny 2 still has in gaming. There are more people playing Destiny 2 on Xbox than any of the Xbox ecosystem exclusives.

Agreed - it is a big deal.

If Bungie ever makes a "Destiny 3", I doubt it will be on Xbox. Given the player base on XBox for Destiny 2 - that is a big blow to XBox. I can't see future Destiny 2 DLC coming to the Xbox on the same date as PS, either.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11241 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

You're not going to laugh, you're just a Sony fanboy. Before this deal went through Bungie games were $70. Now that it's gone through, Bungie games are now $70. Wow, what a win for cows!

The Activision/Blizzard deal and Zenimax deals were different. Before the deal all their games $70. After the deal, they all will be included in Game Pass day one. That's something to look forward to for gamers.

The only reason you cheer the Bungie deal is because in your fanboy mind it delivers ownage to Microsoft.

I'm not cheering this deal, that's what your corporate boot-licking ass does. And those games will still be $70 for those that don't want to fall into the Game Pass trap.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 KvallyX

@dabear said:
@goldenelementxl said:

This, “which deal is bigger” stuff is stupid. Who cares?

Folks are also downplaying the relevance Destiny 2 still has in gaming. There are more people playing Destiny 2 on Xbox than any of the Xbox ecosystem exclusives.

If Bungie ever makes a "Destiny 3", I doubt it will be on Xbox. Given the player base on XBox for Destiny 2 - that is a big blow to XBox. I can't see future Destiny 2 DLC coming to the Xbox on the same date as PS, either.

Bungie has confirmed that they will not change anything regarding delivery to all platforms. Which is great for gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@dabear said:

Bungie has confirmed that they will not change anything regarding delivery to all platforms. Which is great for gamers.

Agreed. Bungie likes money. PlayStation does too. Putting their games on fewer platforms means making less money. These companies are in the business of making money, not platform loyalty or silly System Wars. Destiny still performs quite well on Xbox. (Better than Halo Infinite) So there’s clearly a player base there. Keeping them engaged and spending money is the best move for Bungie and PlayStation.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hardwenzen  Online

Wait, so Destiny 2, a game from half a decade ago is doing better on Xbox than their flagship live service fps? This can't be real, can it???🙄I don't believe it. I really don't.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KvallyX

I see Halo Infinite is still ahead of Destiny 2.

https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-chart

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16587 Posts

Hell finally frozen over lol

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Xbox had bungie when it was a 21yr old stunner.

Sony are getting it when it's 54,old,wrinkly and it's tits are saggy🤣

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

@x_hedon: Damn! Took me a minute to scroll down and find those two games. 🤭

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16587 Posts

@x_hedon said:

I see Halo Infinite is still ahead of Destiny 2.

https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-chart

goldenelemental is trash with lists, he can't even filter properly

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 KvallyX

@Chutebox said:

Yeah, 343 is sucking ass with new content release. FAIL.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
@lavamelon said:

This is a silly acquisition because Bungie will still retain their independence. Like, why would you buy a studio if you cannot take control of it? How does Sony benefit from this acquisition if Bungie can still have independence?

Sony doesn't actually care about Bungie. Sony's purchase of Bungie was about asset-denial of them to Microsoft. "live service expertise" is only a tertiary benefit. The real threat that Sony was afraid of was the enormous amount of renewed Xbox/Halo momentum if Microsoft got them. Just there was with Bethesda. That's what Sony was willing to spend $3.7 billion dollars to neutralize.

All of Sony's messaging about this deal seems to be about what Sony is getting out of Bungie. Does anyone see how silly this is? It would be like Microsoft buying NaughtyDog, and using them as an outsourcing studio to help make Hellblade 2.

What is being left out of the equation, is how are the interests of actual Bungie fans furthered by this deal? If you were a lifelong bungie fan (which means likely a lifelong Halo fan, someone like ChrisRayGun/ HiddenXperia/ LateNightGaming/ TheActMan/ UltimateHalo) did you wake up on January 18th to this news, and start screaming? Were you in the throws of ecstacy? Was this the superbowl, or christmas to you? Were you like "yay!!" when you found out that Sony bought Bungie? Probably not. In fact, you probably werent happy at all that your favorite developer/franchise of all time would not be reunited, all because Sony needs help making goddamned Killzone and Resistance not be shitty. You likely would have had many or all of those reactions if Microsoft had bought them.

the only party that seems to benefit from this deal is Sony (who gets to brain-drain Bungie), Playstation fanboys (who get twitter ammo), and well....bungie and its developers, some current and former of whom are legacy shareholders get to become very very rich. (and some, including Marty O'Donnell, and Marcus Lehto, deserve to, so thats a plus)

That's the funniest thing about all this, is seeing PlayStation fanboys suddenly posess an ownership of Bungie, and becoming specially interested in capping for them. None of these clowns ever (seriously) played Destiny, or even the Bungie Halo games like that. If Microsoft bought them, they'd be downplaying/shitting on them, just like they used to in the 360 days. They don't give a flying rats ass about Bungie. They just want fodder for twitter list wars, and their console warrior fantasies.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@Chutebox said:

The top Halo Infinite devs defect to make a new studio for NetEase. 343 can't catch a break these days.

https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-devs-defect-found-jar-of-sparks-new-studio-netease/

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

It would be nice if Bungie attempted a new IP instead of just continuously milking Destiny.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 KvallyX

@GameboyTroy said:
@x_hedon said:
@Chutebox said:

The top Halo Infinite devs defect to make a new studio for NetEase. 343 can't catch a break these days.

https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-devs-defect-found-jar-of-sparks-new-studio-netease/

Oh yuck! Net ease, the loot box, mobile, Chinese censorship group? RIP to those employees. Lol 😂

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xplode_games said:

I'm not cheering this deal, that's what your corporate boot-licking ass does. And those games will still be $70 for those that don't want to fall into the Game Pass trap.

Just stop fanboying for Sony so damn hard and take the L.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Xplode_games said:

You've had two AAA games to play since 2020 on series consoles. It's not me taking an L. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#84 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70147 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xplode_games said:

You've had two AAA games to play since 2020 on series consoles. It's not me taking an L. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

So, you can't count?😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xplode_games said:

2 AAA games on Xbox > 0 AAA games on PlayStation.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Another blow to MS and the Xbox brand.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@Heil68: how?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Heil68

@thedork_knight said:

Loosing OG Halo/Destiny dev to Sony. This is SW's Afterall. :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#89 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70147 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@thedork_knight said:

But Bungie is maintaining its multiplatform status. So, where is the loss?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BenjaminBanklin

@x_hedon said:

You're cheerleading flipbook games right now. You've completely lost the battle 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@x_hedon said:

You're cheerleading flipbook games right now. You've completely lost the battle 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m cheerleading an autoplatforming pussy game too. My marbles are all gone.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Heil68

@Pedro said:
@Heil68 said:
@thedork_knight said:

But Bungie is maintaining its multiplatform status. So, where is the loss?

In SW's it means EVERYTHING :D

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

lol who cares, im not playing their shooters on a controller (lol) on the platform with the highest input lag (lol) and lowest fps (lol).

PC version of whatever they have planned. Thanks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hardwenzen  Online

@zaryia said:

lol who cares, im not playing their shooters on a controller (lol) on the platform with the highest input lag (lol) and lowest fps (lol).

PC version of whatever they have planned. Thanks.

You don't play on controller because it takes too much skill, and we all know that hermits don't have any.