Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@profvannostrand: Doesn't make either one of them open-world. Assassin's Creed, GTA, Kingdoms of Amalur, The Witcher 3. These are open-world games. Mario gives some degree of freedom but isn't open world especially when you consider the fact most the world is locked from the player until they progress past a certain point.

Avatar image for profvannostrand
ProfVannostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 ProfVannostrand
Member since 2017 • 53 Posts

@Juub1990:

These other games, don't?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Juub1990

@profvannostrand: Have 80% of their world locked? Nope.

ProfVannostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 ProfVannostrand

@Juub1990:

You can open it up far before you complete the game, just like the games you listed.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Juub1990

@profvannostrand: Then that makes games like Ocarina of Time and Chrono Trigger open-world.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@charizard1605: You are so full of rubbish right now Chaz.

Zelda wasn't close to even being the first game of this type. Its a copy of hydlide. Apart from not being the first adventure it's not even original for what it was!

Dial it back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#157 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@OhSnapitz: So, I was wrong in ignorance, admitted. You were wrong in spite of knowing full well apparently that Nintendo has made open world games before. What does that make you again?

Btw, never once claimed Nintendo 'invented' everything (or even much of anything, really. Popularized shit, maybe. Invented? Not too often)

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Nothing will beat GTA V which is the best open world game ever made, maybe only GTA VI have a chance

San Andreas and Vice City are better than these games. GTA IV was shit.

Only bad with GTA IV was the mobilephone...other than that it was great. I have not played San Andreas and Vice City, i cant go back to play them cuz they look like shit with todays standard.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 DocSanchez

@charizard1605: "They literally invented open world games, but sure, keep going."

"It's called the original Legend of Zelda on NES. Look it up some time"

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@kinky-unikorn said:

Does someone have a video that shows more than what I've seen? I've seen a beautiful open world game and I know this game will be a hit, but from the videos I've seen, I only see grass...lots of grass...

In this thread I posted a 15 min video that may interest you.

Here's the Link.

I don't want to embed the video again.

ProfVannostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 ProfVannostrand

@Juub1990:

Ocarina of Time is one of the templates. Chrono Trigger is an RPG, no? I believe Rockstar(forget the prior name) even recognizes those games(64 and Ocarina) as major influences for GTA.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Juub1990
@profvannostrand said:

@Juub1990:

Ocarina of Time is one of the templates. Chrono Trigger is an RPG, no? I believe Rockstar(forget the prior name) even recognizes those games(64 and Ocarina) as major influences for GTA.

An RPG can still be open-world. Just like The Witcher 3.

Your definition of open-world is very broad.

ProfVannostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ProfVannostrand

@Juub1990:

Right but it has sort of reached that point where the term can be applied to numerous generes. I bring up 64 and Sunshine because the structure can easily be compared to what the term is connected to these days in a popular sense. Mario Sunshine has "quests" just like Witcher does. People saying Nintendo doesn't know the genre; Mario Sunshine --good game from 2002--has better character to world interaction/movement than Witcher 3. If you took the paint off Witcher 3 it would open up people's eyes that the play of the game is rather sluggish and barbaric.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Not really caring about the open world with the graphics and the audio I saw ps3 level if that. I find it funny that open world has been a thing for over a decade but now nintendo finally does one and it the best with no proof smdh.

I would strongly suggest that nintendo work on the online gaming and 3rd party support 1st. Anybody that thinks a wii u game is going to give you the best open world experience is smoking some brand new shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

@m_machine024 said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

Does someone have a video that shows more than what I've seen? I've seen a beautiful open world game and I know this game will be a hit, but from the videos I've seen, I only see grass...lots of grass...

In this thread I posted a 15 min video that may interest you.

Here's the Link.

I don't want to embed the video again.

Thanks man! I'll check it out!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@DocSanchez: 'so I was in ignorance, admitted'

You missed that one, conveniently enough.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DocSanchez

@charizard1605: that was, as you fully know, referring to something else. and IN THE SAME POST you went on to say "Btw, never once claimed Nintendo 'invented' everything (or even much of anything, really. Popularized shit, maybe. Invented? Not too often)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@DocSanchez: context helps. It's pretty obvious that the aside is referring to incidences aside the one incidence of ignorance I am referring to.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DocSanchez

@charizard1605: it doesn't when you nix that sentence with the very next sentence.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@charizard1605: It's ok Nintendo Char.. I forgive you. I can see how its difficult to remain indifferent with Nintendo undies.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DocSanchez

Interesting this thread on zelda is allowed to stay open (and about 50 others) but a Horizon one on a very similar theme was locked for "trolling" because it " wasnt even out yet."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@DocSanchez:

Are you interested in Breath of the Wild?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

It's a WiiU game. In terms of open world design, I doubt it will hit the level of Oblivion (2006). Definitely not Skyrim. The game itself looks awesome but lets not pretend Nintendo aren't a decade behind modern game design.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

in what way? didnt nintty already try damage control because they know most of the world will just be empty grass and they already made excuses about it months back lol

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#175 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Juub1990:

Pfffffffft, Nintendo WISHES they could make a wonderful and vast open world game like Elder Scrolls Skyrim. Just play it, create an elf that looks just like Link, name him Link and you'll already have a better Zelda game than Nintendo ever made in their lifetime.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@locopatho said:

It's a WiiU game. In terms of open world design, I doubt it will hit the level of Oblivion (2006). Definitely not Skyrim. The game itself looks awesome but lets not pretend Nintendo aren't a decade behind modern game design.

So basically you've been living under a rock and haven't checked out any gameplay footage of this game?
In which Elder Scrolls game do you have the open world freedom as demonstrated in Breath of the Wild?

Answer: none.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#177  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

And subsequently expose pretenders like GTA V and Skyrim that hide shitty gameplay and boring quests behind a huge world with boring activities and in the case of Skyrim, boring NPC's. It'll be a true Zelda with no gimmicks and game design at the forefront of its priorities. No shit like Wii Motion Plus to make you forget you're playing a subpar game like Skyward Sword. Once you've played it, you'll wonder WTF you were playing and older open-world games will look like a bad joke. It'll be what open-world games were aspiring to be for the past 10 years.

You can all quote me on that.

Can you explain further when you calling out DESIGN ?

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Sgt_Crow

@killered3: Except Zelda games are actually polished and not bug-ridden crapfests, lol.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#179 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Not a chance. This is like the first Nitendo's open world game and you're expecting it to revolutionize open world games? That's wishful thinking. Especially true with the current Nintendo.

This.

Its either going to have tons of boring shit or the open world will just be a massive time waster getting to temples. Thats basically how open world games work.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Juub1990

@killered3: No doubt Skyrim is vast and wonderful but it stops there. Game plays like shit.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#181 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Well, yet again- no other open world yet has had an open world this large and this seamless, interactive, and this degree of permanence.

Hopefully the final reviews do a better job of selling you on the game than my write up did, I guess.

I feel like you're ignoring gta5. If its bigger than gta5 and doesn't have a helicopter or cars I probably am going to wait for reviews. Bigger != better.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

At this point what new standard can it set in open world games? MGSV tried that stuff and people continued making Rockstar/Ubisoft games.

@locopatho said:

Nintendo were designing better games than Skyrim in the 80's. They aren't scrubs, they had never made a 3D game before Mario 64.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

Phffffft... BotW seems like child's play with crayons comparatively...

Mighty Scorpio with StormCloud bringing the Crackdown on the comp baby. :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 locopatho

@Sgt_Crow said:

So basically you've been living under a rock and haven't checked out any gameplay footage of this game?

In which Elder Scrolls game do you have the open world freedom as demonstrated in Breath of the Wild?

Answer: none.

Be specific. What freedom? Gimme examples, chief!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 locopatho

@bobrossperm said:

Nintendo were designing better games than Skyrim in the 80's. They aren't scrubs, they had never made a 3D game before Mario 64.

It's not the 80s, when they ruled the world. It's not the 90s, when they made the near flawless transition to 3D. And it's not the early 00s, when they made glorious, cutting edge AAA blockbuster games with impressive worlds (Windwaker, Metroid Prime)

It's 2017. I have huge hopes for this game and can't wait to play it but people hyping it up as the best open world game ever, when Nintendo haven't even competed in that style for over a decade, is very silly. The last two console Zeldas were scared retreats back into N64 design: small, sterile, linear, empty. This is the first time they're trying to open it up again in forever.

I think the game will be awesome, but I absolutely do not expect it to come close to the best open worlds.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Sgt_Crow

@locopatho: Walking, running, climbing, swimming, floating, boarding and riding towards and on/against anything you can see in the world, whenever you want.
That is called freedom.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 locopatho

@Sgt_Crow: That's just character movement, so what? You just described Super Mario World, lol.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@locopatho said:

I think the game will be awesome, but I absolutely do not expect it to come close to the best open worlds.

Maybe not the most alive open world in the GTA V sense, but in terms of approach to combat and how you play the game, it could be different every time. Where as a mission in GTA V largely plays out the same way all the time.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

To me, this new Zelda game incorporates elements of both Crysis (interactivity) and Far Cry 4 (freedom of movement) which is a good thing. However, the fantasy setting of Zelda is less constrained, unlike the other two games which have to adhere to a semblance of real-world behavior.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Sgt_Crow

@locopatho: It's more than you can do in the Elder Scrolls, lol.
What is total freedom according to you, if not the restrictions in moving your character around the world?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

wasn't possible on the Xbone so they had to delay the game until a more powerful console is out lol. next time, don't even announce a game your console is too weak to handle rofl.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 SecretPolice

@silversix_ said:
@SecretPolice said:

wasn't possible on the Xbone so they had to delay the game until a more powerful console is out lol. next time, don't even announce a game your console is too weak to handle rofl.

Well, nothing in this Universe but Mighty Scorpio with SrormCloud fully engaged could handle such AwesomeSauce. Ye ole, this gon b outta this world. :P

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 silversix_

@SecretPolice: if that's the case, why was Crackdown 3 announced years ago for a console that cannot handle it? I'll tell you why... to fill up the yearly lineup EVERY year since the announcement of the game. A "fake" game is all Crackdown 3 really is.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By SecretPolice

@silversix_ said:

@SecretPolice: if that's the case, why was Crackdown 3 announced years ago for a console that cannot handle it? I'll tell you why... to fill up the yearly lineup EVERY year since the announcement of the game. A "fake" game is all Crackdown 3 really is.

Nope, it's because it was planned and being made for the always online X1 with StormCloud always there. Once the backlash came ( Stupid people ) and MS had to Switch gears, Crackdown 3 was going to have issues because it was so dependent on Cloud Powah. :P

Regardless, now with Mighty Scorpio, me thinks CD3 will be more than we coulda ever hoped for. :D

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 silversix_

@SecretPolice said:
@silversix_ said:

Nope, it's because it was planned and being made for the always online X1 with StormCloud always there. Once the backlash came ( Stupid people ) and MS had to Switch gears, Crackdown 3 was going to have issues because it was so dependent on Cloud Powah. :P

Regardless, now with Mighty Scorpio, me thinks CD3 will be more than we coulda ever hoped for. :D

Another 6/10?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By locopatho

@Sgt_Crow said:

It's more than you can do in the Elder Scrolls, lol.

What is total freedom according to you, if not the restrictions in moving your character around the world?

No it isn't. Basic character movement has little if anything to do with what makes an open world well made, high quality and enjoyable.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By SecretPolice

@silversix_ said:
@SecretPolice said:
@silversix_ said:

Another 6/10?

Form Anti-Xbox-Spot, yep, most likely if not even lower. :(

Meanwhile from most reputable reviewers, 97/100 practically guaranteed. :P

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 silversix_

@SecretPolice: Yeah, i forgot GS was purchased by Sony :(

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By SecretPolice

@silversix_:

May as well be,. I mean, they are owned by the very anti American CBS aka Communist Broadcasting System. lolol :P

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

How many switch threads are there and none get locked even when they are click bait and false news better call the mods oh shit a mod created many like this no bias at all lolz