Blur: 1, Mario Kart: 0

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Its funny how people that stink at mario kart are always like "this game isn't fair!'

Good players will win, bad players will lose. If you let a blue shell make you lose, you were not far enough ahead.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

Snowboard Kids > Both. :twisted:

I may check out Blur since I remain a fan of Bizarre but unsure at this time.

Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

[QUOTE="ferrarimanf355"]

Call me when a Mario Kart game is fun, not frustrating.

ferrarimanf355

Huh? Wait, what?

:|

The game punishes anyone who has actual skill.

If the AI wasn't so cheap, and the weapons a little more balanced, then it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Not to mention the blue shell spam in MK Wii.

Superironic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Superironic
Member since 2006 • 12658 Posts

[QUOTE="mattacular"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]If the Blue Shell showed the racer being blasted out of the kart, with blood splattered all over the screen, and the kart smashed to smithereens, sparks flying all around... In HD of course? Yeah, then System Wars would surely LOVE it. The average age here is 14, I guess.35cent

Hell I love Mario Kart as much as the next guy but you can't deny it's as cheap as hell. I always used to win by hanging back in second and you could always guarantee that on the last set of boxes the leader would get a banana and I would get a star. It's fun for a while but it has a lot of flaws.

Amen to that. Mario Kart games have always penalised you for racing well which sucks IMO. Mario Kart 64 was the worst one for this. I loved it when I first played, but over the years, it's cheating has made me dislike it in general.

This is what made Mario Kart fun though, it even the odds a bit instead of having the same person win every time. The rush you would get by being first the entire time and you get hit by the shell just before you past the finish line. You know the second player is coming around the corner, and your heart starts thumping, and your pressing down on the accelerator as hard as you can in hopes that you will pass it on time. Good times...
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Lol at wii fans who take some what offense to this..

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

What's funny is that the "little boys" racing game they created for the ad would probably sell more copies than Blur will...

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

This is like comparing Madden with Tecmo Bowl or NBA2K with NBA Jam.

Then again, any commercail that doesn't bother to even show a single clip of the game has me worried about the game's quality.

goblaa
Comparing Blur to Mario Kart is more like comparing Blitz to NFL Street. They aren't as radically different as you make them out to be. To consider either Blur or MK to be as technical as Madden or NBA2K makes me wonder if you've ever played Blur, Madden, Mario Kart or NBA2K.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#58 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Funny ad, but I'd take Mario Kart any day.

faheem_s_i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#59 faheem_s_i
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrarimanf355"]

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/05/blur-commercial/

Words cannot express how awesome that ad is, just watch it.

Race like a big boy. :lol:

And to the Mario Kart defenders, that game would be more fun if it was actually balanced, with no game-breaking cheats, and no punishment for being skilled.

ActicEdge

I'll call you when your opinion means anything (hint: not seeing a reason to call)

Anyway, commercial was alright. As for the title"

Blur: ???, Mario Kart: 22 million

Mario kart rocks!!! I still play and enjoy the DS version.
roxlimn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 roxlimn
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
According to first hand reports, Blur isn't actually all that good. Level 3 weapons in the game act like Blue Shells - only worse, since EVERYONE can get one, not just the guys in the back. You can defend, of course, but even a full meter won't stop 5 or 6 batteries of Hydra Missiles heading for your rear. As for MKWii, it's actually possible to win consistently. You just have to remember that it is a WEAPON-BASED game. The point of the game is to acquire a weapon and use it at the most opportune time to screw over everyone else ahead of you - preferably at a time when they're going to be helpless to retaliate. Players who complain about Blue Shells are chumps who think the game is about racing lines and drifts and similar such "leet" skills (actually, such things are simple in MK). They don't pay attention to which guy has which weapons and what they have that will counteract the effect. No defensive measures = lose every time. Being first in MKWii means that you have a huge target painted on your back. You do not want that unless it's the last second of the race and it's far too late for anyone to do anything to stop you.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=124312&sid=3f6eb6f9d8784f0e96377e69dd840fde mario kart is the best
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=124312&sid=3f6eb6f9d8784f0e96377e69dd840fde mario kart is the bestKing_Dodongo

Mario kart is the most popular. It's going to be impossible to change that. It's samething with Halo, Call of Duty, Madden. That doesn't necessarily mean they are always the best.

Btw, that Spiderman mod looks sick...

I'm going to get the whole marvel cast and race em

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ferrarimanf355
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

[QUOTE="35cent"]

[QUOTE="mattacular"] Hell I love Mario Kart as much as the next guy but you can't deny it's as cheap as hell. I always used to win by hanging back in second and you could always guarantee that on the last set of boxes the leader would get a banana and I would get a star. It's fun for a while but it has a lot of flaws.Superironic

Amen to that. Mario Kart games have always penalised you for racing well which sucks IMO. Mario Kart 64 was the worst one for this. I loved it when I first played, but over the years, it's cheating has made me dislike it in general.

This is what made Mario Kart fun though, it even the odds a bit instead of having the same person win every time. The rush you would get by being first the entire time and you get hit by the shell just before you past the finish line. You know the second player is coming around the corner, and your heart starts thumping, and your pressing down on the accelerator as hard as you can in hopes that you will pass it on time. Good times...

You did not say that. Any sane person would just throw the controller to the ground in frustration.

Then again, Nintendo consoles haven't been known recently for realistic racing games...

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Am I the only one who was more interested in the original race? Lol.. it actually looked like it could be fun. The flower was so cute hahah

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Do the makers of Blur fear competing with games that it's like?

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrarimanf355"]

And to the Mario Kart defenders, that game would be more fun if it was actually balanced, with no game-breaking cheats, and no punishment for being skilled.

ActicEdge

I'll call you when your opinion means anything (hint: not seeing a reason to call)

I don't agree with 'Blur:1 Mario Kart:0' because I think Mario Kart games are made for all ages, but Blur couldn't sell even half of Mario Kart Wii's current sales in it's whole lifetime, even if it's 10 times better. We've seen that even a 'fair' game with the name Mario(and Sonic) in it can sell millions.
ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ferrarimanf355
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="ferrarimanf355"]

RogueShodown

I don't agree with 'Blur:1 Mario Kart:0' because I think Mario Kart games are made for all ages, but Blur couldn't sell even half of Mario Kart Wii's current sales in it's whole lifetime, even if it's 10 times better. We've seen that even a 'fair' game with the name Mario(and Sonic) in it can sell millions.

Sigh. Here we go again.

Sales =/= Quality.

Mario Kart defenders are funny.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#68 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

[QUOTE="Superironic"][QUOTE="35cent"]

ferrarimanf355

You did not say that. Any sane person would just throw the controller to the ground in frustration.

Then again, Nintendo consoles haven't been known recently for realistic racing games...

Many so-called 'realistic' racing games have rubber band AI.

Mario Kart 64 took it to a whole new level, though. In retrospect, it was probably the worst Mario Kart bar Super Circuit.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#69 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Blur is awesome, but it will take a lot to beat Mario kart.
Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

I honestly think that the add is aimed at kids who want to look like big boys.

A mature gamer plays what is fun for him, nothing else.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#71 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I didn't know people played Mario Kart with skills and the mindset of wiping out all other racers. I thought people liked throwing shells, bombing each other and tossing bananas for "fun". Either that or me and my friends are playing MK wrong.
solidsnake435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 solidsnake435
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

Blue shells in Mario kart super circuit are more fair than the flying ones. They were on the ground, they couldn't go across gapes. They would hit everyone in front of you, therefore be more helpfull.

IppoTenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 IppoTenma
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
That was absolutely hysterical!
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

That was quite amusing, but the whole racing for "big boys" thing is extremely patronising. Plus the game didn't look very good. Seriously, kart racing with real cars? You know I think I'll stick with Wipeout or Burnout.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

ferrarimanf355

Gather 3 friends, you'll thank me later;)

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

lol awesome ad

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

Funny stuff. As much as I love Mario Kart(DS), it can be frustrating, especially single player. Its way more fun with friends though.