BLACK OPS officially the biggest game in U.S. HISTORY

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
Its a multiplat, ofcourse you'll get more sales.
chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 chrion133
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

The best selling movie was Transformers right and it was a total joke of a movie that hollywood should be ashamed of. Makes me sad theres only 1 really good game on the list.

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SHR3DD3D
Member since 2011 • 889 Posts

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

Haters, please stop hating.

The best-selling game in U.S. history. Deal with it.

useLOGIC

lol? way to prove your ethnocentrism. sorry every non-american who MAY BE reading this thread.

It being the best-selling ever in the U.S. says a lot, considering the fact that the United States, is, by far, the biggest gaming market in the world. :)

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SHR3DD3D

[QUOTE="useLOGIC"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

Seriously TC!

dvalo9

lol? way to prove your ethnocentrism. sorry every non-american who MAY BE reading this thread.

it's popular in europe too but is overshaddowed by fifa as the must have console game :)

CoD destroys FIFA in sales in the UK beyond recognition.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I never said the game was bad. I like Black Ops for what it is. But there are many better shooters out there. As for Mario Kart Wii and NSMB, there are better games in each franchise. charizard1605
True on both counts. Mario Kart DS was the best entry in the franchise, and NSMB is the weakest entry in the sidescrolling Mario series. However, they're all fun games, and I don't begrudge them their successes.

SMH, Charizard, NSMB weaker than Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Land? NSMB is at least top 5 if not 3(I haven't played the wii one yet)

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

I wounder long it will take before it dies. Im going to be super pissed ifitpushes the dates back for other great titles coming outin November.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#57 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I never said the game was bad. I like Black Ops for what it is. But there are many better shooters out there. As for Mario Kart Wii and NSMB, there are better games in each franchise. Luxen90

True on both counts. Mario Kart DS was the best entry in the franchise, and NSMB is the weakest entry in the sidescrolling Mario series. However, they're all fun games, and I don't begrudge them their successes.

SMH, Charizard, NSMB weaker than Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Land? NSMB is at least top 5 if not 3(I haven't played the wii one yet)

Hmmm? I liked SMB2, but I must admit, I'd forgotten about Super Mario Land. Now that that's been brought up, I amend my stance to 'weakest in series barring the Super Mario Land games. :P

The DS New Super Mario was awesome and fun- but it was short, easy, and while incredibly inventive, simply not as satisfying as some of the other entries in the series were. So, counting the three NES games, the two SNES games, and the DS and Wii games... well, the NES and SNES games would automatically make the top 5, and the Wii one is better than the DS one in every regard. Not counting SML then, NSMB DS is the weakest one. Doesn't make it a bad game though, and this is all, of course, based entirely on my opinion :)

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Luxen90

Hmmm? I liked SMB2, but I must admit, I'd forgotten about Super Mario Land. Now that that's been brought up, I amend my stance to 'weakest in series barring the Super Mario Land games. :P

The DS New Super Mario was awesome and fun- but it was short, easy, and while incredibly inventive, simply not as satisfying as some of the other entries in the series were. So, counting the three NES games, the two SNES games, and the DS and Wii games... well, the NES and SNES games would automatically make the top 5, and the Wii one is better than the DS one in every regard. Not counting SML then, NSMB DS is the weakest one. Doesn't make it a bad game though, and this is all, of course, based entirely on my opinion :)

charizard1605

I'm forgetting a lot of mario games like Yoshi island, but yeah SMB2 doesn't deserve the mario name. That must be easily the worst mario game and I'm not talking about SMB2(The Lost Levels), I'm referring to the one where you pick up turnips and toss it at people. I thought that game was incredibly easy, NSMB was easy as well....I Promise I had over 80 lifes by the time I beat the game.

This is based entirely on facts, so do not disagree.:x

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

And this time next year, Modern Warfare 3 will be on that list, knocking off Call of Duty: World at War. For a second, I thought there would be 5 Call of Duty games in the top 10 by 2012! :o

Eh, it's only delaying the inevitable, since that'll be the case by 2013. :P

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Luxen90

And this time next year, Modern Warfare 3 will be on that list, knocking off Call of Duty: World at War. For a second, I thought there would be 5 Call of Duty games in the top 10 by 2012! :o

Episode_Eve
......I can see that actually happening.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts
I thought it was a very good game. Not perfect but much better than most games out there.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#62 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Hmmm? I liked SMB2, but I must admit, I'd forgotten about Super Mario Land. Now that that's been brought up, I amend my stance to 'weakest in series barring the Super Mario Land games. :P

Luxen90

I'm forgetting a lot of mario games like Yoshi island, but yeah SMB2 doesn't deserve the mario name. That must be easily the worst mario game and I'm not talking about SMB2(The Lost Levels), I'm referring to the one where you pick up turnips and toss it at people. I thought that game was incredibly easy, NSMB was easy as well....I Promise I had over 80 lifes by the time I beat the game.

This is based entirely on facts, so do not disagree.:x

Well yeah, it was easy. I still liked it though. :cry:

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

lol look at the list. hahaha

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#64 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

So much Duty on that list.:|

EddieTheHead84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 EddieTheHead84
Member since 2011 • 2131 Posts

This makes Americans look bad.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

EddieTheHead84

how so? i don't see any other countries getting their top 10 plastered all over the net. i would love to see japan's top 10, i'm sure it's not too much better filled with pokemon games. where's europe's top 10?

EddieTheHead84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 EddieTheHead84
[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="EddieTheHead84"]

how so? i don't see any other countries getting their top 10 plastered all over the net. i would love to see japan's top 10, i'm sure it's not too much better filled with pokemon games. where's europe's top 10?

Calm down kiddo it was a joke. People in the UK love Crap Ops as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#68 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
How saddening.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lazerface216

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="EddieTheHead84"]

EddieTheHead84

did i come off as angry in my post? that was not my intent and how the hell was i supposed to know you were joking? throw a smiley in there next time...

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

That list is dominated by casual titles.

AmayaPapaya

Quake2islegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Quake2islegend
Member since 2011 • 117 Posts
im calling bs no way call of duty outsold quake.
EddieTheHead84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 EddieTheHead84

[QUOTE="EddieTheHead84"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

did i come off as angry in my post? that was not my intent and how the hell was i supposed to know you were joking? throw a smiley in there next time...

The ":P" is way overused.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Doesn't make it good. It still plays itself.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lazerface216

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="EddieTheHead84"] Calm down kiddo it was a joke. People in the UK love Crap Ops as well.EddieTheHead84

haha i agree. maybe a ";)" would have been sufficient?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#75 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Take THAT, Wii Play with Remote!
EddieTheHead84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 EddieTheHead84

[QUOTE="EddieTheHead84"]

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

haha i agree. maybe a ";)" would have been sufficient?

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

I thought it was one of the weaker COD's but I dont hate the game.

Hey, at least it isnt Carnival Games with that title!

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] True on both counts. Mario Kart DS was the best entry in the franchise, and NSMB is the weakest entry in the sidescrolling Mario series. However, they're all fun games, and I don't begrudge them their successes.charizard1605

W.T.F

SML the weakest in Mario platforming series? Thats just........preposterous, never thought i'd hear it. In fact this is the first time ive ever seen someone rank SML series on the lower end of the scale. To see 2 people, in one thread, on the same page.....set me back a little. It goes

SML 2
SML 1
SML3
SMW 1

etc.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Episode_Eve
My God, that's depressing.
Darksiders666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 Darksiders666
Member since 2011 • 272 Posts

Just because Black Ops is the best selling doesn't make it the best game.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

DarkLink77

I still have my chips on that Activision will make the series implode on itself by the end of next year.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#82 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I LOL at all the "its teh shame" posts. It's a shame people can like differently than some here? Grow up. I am downloading the BLOPS demo now, as I dont care for COD mp, and wont pay $60 for it, so I always wait on buying it. Will see what I think of the SP demo soon.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

Jynxzor

I still have my chips on that Activision will make the series implode on itself by the end of next year.

I still have my chips too. I doubt they learned their lesson from milking GH and TH to the extreme.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I LOL at all the "its teh shame" posts. It's a shame people can like differently than some here? Grow up. I am downloading the BLOPS demo now, as I dont care for COD mp, and wont pay $60 for it, so I always wait on buying it. Will see what I think of the SP demo soon.cainetao11

I agree that people should like whatever they want, but when you have a company that releases a game that sells like crazy and it hasmajor issues plauging it which decrease it's quality then you have to really question if the game deserves insanely high sales.Some of the games like Wii Play and some of the COD games don't deserve to be on that list in my opinion.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Luxen90

W.T.F

SML the weakest in Mario platforming series? Thats just........preposterous, never thought i'd hear it. In fact this is the first time ive ever seen someone rank SML series on the lower end of the scale. To see 2 people, in one thread, on the same page.....set me back a little. It goes

SML 2
SML 1
SML3
SMW 1

etc.

shutdown_202

Just to make sure, we are talking about Super Mario Land on the gameboy, you know that right? Because you putting SML above all the other mario games is the most preposterous thing. SML is like the long lost family member no one gives a **** about, so his name is never mentioned.

But seriously, you might be the only person in the world who put SML above the other side scrolling marios:shock:.

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts
This a sad day for gaming..
SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SHR3DD3D

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

Luxen90

......I can see that actually happening.

As long as Modern Warfare 3 scores AAA (which it will), I don't see anything bad about that. High-quality games deserve to be on such lists.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts
america really likes call of duty.dvalo9
Its the American Mario.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#89 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

[QUOTE="cainetao11"]I LOL at all the "its teh shame" posts. It's a shame people can like differently than some here? Grow up. I am downloading the BLOPS demo now, as I dont care for COD mp, and wont pay $60 for it, so I always wait on buying it. Will see what I think of the SP demo soon.super600

I agree that people should like whatever they want, but when you have a company that releases a game that sells like crazy and it hasmajor issues plauging it which decrease it's quality then you have to really question if the game deserves insanely high sales.Some of the games like Wii Play and some of the COD games don't deserve to be on that list in my opinion.

Yet it's obvious that people are entertained by these games, so why should they not deserve their sales? Are you expecting a life changing event from gaming? They entertain people. Now to enthusiasts like us, these games have flaws and of course since we are not corporate businesses, it's easy for us to sit an judge Activision's practices, but it reminds me of film buffs who hate the fact that Titanic was this huge money maker when as they say there are better films. I agree there certainly are better films, and better games than COD, FOR ME. I dont presume to tell anyone else what is entertaining to THEM. It is a shame that people believe inanimate objects like games deserve anything but to be bought and enjoyed.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Which one? :Pcharizard1605
San Andreas.

I would beg to differ, as I also believe that New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart are equally fun and long lasing (hence the reason that they STILL SELL). Also, Black Ops is fun. Good enough to be the top selling game of the US? Not at all, no. But it's still a lot of fun. But we disagree on that :P

NSMB has no replay value and it's easily the easiest of all the Mario games.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
:( sad. It was a good game, but got old after a month of playing recycled COD MW2, which was recycled COD4, and W@W is somewhere in there.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#92 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

That's pretty depressing.:( Black Ops is one of the most overated games I've ever played in my life. Man I thought inFamous got better reviews than it deserved; to me, Black Ops is a 6.0, 7.0 at best maybe.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Demonjoe93

This is pretty great news. There is now conclusive evidence that sales =/= quality.

Pug-Nasty

THIS!

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Demonjoe93

[QUOTE="dvalo9"]america really likes call of duty.Mozelleple112
Its the American Mario.

Except Mario actually has to actually make changes with each new generation instead of doing the same crap Call of Duty does.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="dvalo9"]america really likes call of duty.Demonjoe93

Its the American Mario.

Except Mario actually has to actually make changes with each new generation instead of doing the same crap Call of Duty does.

No it doesn't. Have you ever played NSMB? It's a carbon copy of Mario 3, but with wall jumping ripped right from the Megaman series.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Demonjoe93

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"] Its the American Mario.Messiahbolical-

No it doesn't. Have you ever played NSMB? It's a carbon copy of Mario 3, but with wall jumping ripped right from the Megaman series.

Okay yeah NSMB was just a redo but that was the first of it's kind on consoles for a long time and it was nice to see Super Mario Brothers return. I was mostly referring to games like Super Mario Galaxy which often introduce new gameplay mechanics in the series.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

And there is really only one game on that list worth playing. What a crying shame.

DarkLink77
Which one? :P

San Andreas.

Exactly.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

Demonjoe93

Okay yeah NSMB was just a redo but that was the first of it's kind on consoles for a long time and it was nice to see Super Mario Brothers return. I was mostly referring to games like Super Mario Galaxy which often introduce new gameplay mechanics in the series.

Galaxy's gameplay isn't much different from Mario 64 or Sunshine at the core. They just added gimmicks each generation like the FLUDD thing and the different planets with the gravity changes and what not. I'm not going to say Call Of Duty games improve as much as Mario games in between installments or anything like that, but they do improve the same way Mario does. They just improve in different ways. Instead of adding new elements, gimmicks, and stuff like that in Mario games... Call Of Duty's improvements are mostly for the online mode, improving infrastructure and adding lots of weapons and changing stuff around to affect the overall online experience. You have to admit, COD and Mario are 2 completely different types of games and they're not really comparable. Do you really think the hardcore COD fanboys would like it too much if Activision did something to VASTLY change the gameplay of COD? The same way Mario fanboys wouldn't like it if Nintendo changed Mario or Zelda's gameplay...
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

That list is dominated by casual titles.

IPWNDU2

Is that really a bad thing though? Casual gamers FAR outnumber the so called "core" gamers hence the huge success of the Wii and Kinect
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#100 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Good games sell well. The best games sell the best.