jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Don't buy this game kids. Don't listen to Bioware fanboys, it's not just facial animations and bugs. The game is f*cking broken on every level. Save your nerves and don't touch until it's like fully patched and 5 dollars on the bargain bin.

First of all, surprisingly, I don't have any problems with facial or body animations, performance or glitches. I am 31 hours in, and the game is very good looking. Playing it on PC, fully maxed at 1440p, 60 fps on GTX 1080. Didn't encounter any gameplay bugs or in-game glitches what so ever that would stop my progression. Facial animations may be sometimes stiff, but those occasions are very rare. The game IS stunning, at least on PC. The shooting mechanics work smoothly and are the best part of the game.

Well, here my good impressions end.

Difficulty.

As any self respected gamer, I am playing it on hard, because you know, normal is for noobs and your grandmother. The thing is the difficulty in this game is f*cking infuriating and broken. It's not fair like in Dark Souls. It's just extremely unbalanced and unpredictable. First of all, further in the game, the spike in difficulty is just too high. Regular enemies three shot you, and bosses one shot you. I am no kidding. No upgrades to my suit make any difference: first shot takes your shield, second shot takes most of your health, third shot kills you. Plain and simple. And this is just one enemy, but you usually fight against 8, and most of them have sniper precision.

The fanboys will object -just git good, play it safe. NO. The ME was a game about abilities, and I refuse to play it as an Arma simulator. The close combat classes in this game ARE unplayable. It's not a difficulty problem here, it's a broken game design. Do you remember that cool jet pack, well, it's f*cking useless on harder difficulties - you jump in the air, you got three shot from multiple directions, next you limp body falls to the ground, It's not FUN.

Oh and your enemies are bullet sponges. If it takes only shot to take out your shield, it takes a full clip of your shotgun to take the shield of a common grunt. Apparently, your enemies have better gear lol. And the enemies know that, so most of the time they will rush you like bulls knowing you don't have enough fire power to kill them with the 1st clip. Most of your deaths will be with enemies closing in, and you dying reloading. Does it sound FUN ?

Apparently, your weapons damage fall over distance, but not the enemies'. There was an enemy camp on a plain surface. I just couldn't approach it because a fucking sentinel with a mini gun was shooting at me from a mile away. I would suppose that automatic weapons should not be so effective at long ranges, right. Nop. It was like that sentinel had a mini gun sniper rifle - one shot took my shield, another shot took my health, and I had to dodge into a cover seeking safety. My team mates died running to that outpost. They always die too fast except for Crogan. The crogan is the only usefull friendly AI. So do you get the picture, one single enemy with a minigun holds back my entire squad from a mile ago, and I can't do enough damage with my sniper rifle because that motherfucker shield regenerate too fast.

So if you want to play on hard, don't waste your points on close combat powers, go full sniper with invisibility cloak in order to revive your team members, so you can save your time from rage quits.

Saving Points.

If you play on a hard difficulty, as I already explained, you will die a lot. Now comes the best part. The game respawns you a mile away from where you died, and usually some 10 minutes earlier in your progress. So all the loot you got or mission objectives you completed in the last 10-15 minutes of gameplay are also gone.

Another cool part, there is no usual hot keys for quick saving on PC. All saving is manual and you need to open the main menu for that. Oh the UI is sluggish as f*ck too.

Quick Saves break the game.

Apparently the game has a nice game breaking bug that prevents you to load the last quick save. When you load the last quick save, you get an infinite loading screen. I can confirm it's true and this is why i quit the game. Thank you Bioware ; )

New Races

OH MY GOSH. The new races are SOOOO LAAAAME. I can't believe it, Bioware. You are so lazy f*cks.

Out of all vastness of the universe... having epic sci-fi movies such Alien, Predator, Star Wars....after having Babylon Five and Star Trek...they come up with a new race...CAT PEOPLE...

ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME

I just wonder, what the game writers were thinking..."I need to come up with a new alien race!!!" Watches around and sees a cat. Got it. Cat people. And in order to make them alien enough, let's make them blue...like in Avatar.

Oh and the best part, the new antagonist race are just fucking redesigned collectors. Bioware, you must be ashamed !!!

Collectors from ME 1-3

Kett - the "New" Alien race in ME: A

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Wasn't getting the game anyway.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Mess Effect strikes again ☹

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

Games not perfect, nor is it without warranted criticism... Its just not the twice baked shit some are making it out to be.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@jhonMalcovich

I've been playing it all week and apart from the facial animations, it's been a blast.

Why are there only two ratings when it comes to consumers these days? A game is either an unrivalled masterpiece or the worst disaster in history. There doesn't seem to be anything in between...

Personally, I would have bought it just to disprove the ridiculous hate-filled rambling of the over privileged OP.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I don't know if you know this but there's actually a page on your profile where you can post your blogs and reviews.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Garbage day.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I had more bugs in this game than a dozen of games combined. Its the worst running game i have played on the PS4 since the PS4 launched. And i'm still having a ton of fun. **** the world!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I typically play games on the default difficulty because that is the mode that the developers tend to design their game around. If I really enjoyed the game, then I will go hard. In the case of ME, it sounds like the Hard difficulty was a complete after thought.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@TheEroica: twice baked shit confirmed.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#11 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Folks already have it, and I won't play it until they've beaten it. Meantime, I just bought TR Definitive, but my time is with other games like DBX, SR4, and Conker.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not getting this game now.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jhonMalcovich
@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@jhonMalcovich

I've been playing it all week and apart from the facial animations, it's been a blast.

Why are there only two ratings when it comes to consumers these days? A game is either an unrivalled masterpiece or the worst disaster in history. There doesn't seem to be anything in between...

Personally, I would have bought it just to disprove the ridiculous hate-filled rambling of the over privileged OP.

Overprivileged? You know this game was not given to me for free. I paid 80 bucks for it and it has a nasty saving bug, sluggish ui, lacks necessary hot keys and has broken difficulty balance.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:
@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@jhonMalcovich

Overprivileged? You know this game was not given to me for free. I paid 80 bucks for it and it has a nasty saving bug, sluggish ui, lacks necessary hot keys and has broken difficulty balance.

I bought this, it's awesome.

It's very disgusting Bioware, regardless of how terrible, awful, terrible the game is, gets the coverage while a new cool, hip game that brings back a dead style of gaming is a blip.

The world ain't right.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I could tell by the trial the game is hot garbage.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jhonMalcovich

Updated the OP with more rant lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#17 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I heard how phoned in so much of the dialogue was. Played it on my friend's Xbone. Not good. the soul of ME is gone.

randomHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 randomHALT
Member since 2006 • 141 Posts
@jhonMalcovich said:

Updated the OP with more rant lol

Yay just what we wanted....

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I've been playing it since launch and I'm even playing it right now as I post this and I've not come across any major game breaking issues. The criticism this game is getting is way overblown by the internet.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#20 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

20 hours in and I'm really enjoying it. I guess it sucks that people came in with AAAA expectations.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

So is the difficulty as broken as the OP said it is?

I see people dismissing his post without actually commenting the key point he brought up.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

Difficulty was already broken in ME2. You just literally sit in one spot and reload and wait for your stupid fire ability to burn down armor then ammo before staying in one spot again to get your ability to shoot the bullet sponge enemy.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Your success of failure in combat comes down to your personal choices.

If you play it like the previous games, you will get your ass handed to you.

You cant just pick a class or just the skills you like and expect to own the game like you could previously.

Different powers have a different effect on certain enemies, shields and armor.

What works on one might not work on another.

I had to change up my gameplay tactics after getting to Eos because i didnt have any powers to take down shields. I was only using biotics at the time.

Then you can choose profiles that amplify your chosen powers, and use augments to amplify those.

Its really in-depth but you have to take the time to research and develop those things.

It makes the game a breeze, even on hard.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Wow, you must really suck at this game if its too difficult for you on hard. I am playing as a vanguard on the hardcore difficulty. Next playthrough, I will be playing on insanity, because currently I am doing too well on this difficulty. You just don't how to build your character and how to play the game. The game encourages you to be aggressive, if you hide behind cover all the time then its your own fault that you die. Also, if I am a fanboy then you are a hater. And no enemies aren't bullet sponges. I can easily take take several enemies in matter of seconds with my melee attacks, abilities and ranged weapon attacks.

You can build really powerful builds in this game and craft really powerful weapons.

Shitting on a game because you suck is very embarrassing. Its like people complaining about dark souls being to hard. I hope they add some really difficult dlcs in the future. Mass effect Andromeda was a step into the right direction. No more repetitive cover session like previous game. Its all about being aggressive and an mobile. If you don't move you die, simple as that. I am tired of people shitting on Andromeda for ridiculous reason. Finally EA published something good after such a long time.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Its writing is awful agenda boosting shit.

"Hello scientist..."

"IM TRANSGENDERED!"

"Alright...but to get back to the story..."

"CALL ME HERVINA."

And the morons have butchered the asari they didnt create so apparently they are concerned with male and female pronouns. Its tumblr shit all through the game.

Add to the bugs, combat, uninspiring locations, lack of new races. Its a mess.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thepclovingguy

@DocSanchez said:

Its writing is awful agenda boosting shit.

"Hello scientist..."

"IM TRANSGENDERED!"

"Alright...but to get back to the story..."

"CALL ME HERVINA."

And the morons have butchered the asari they didnt create so apparently they are concerned with male and female pronouns. Its tumblr shit all through the game.

Add to the bugs, combat, uninspiring locations, lack of new races. Its a mess.

Ohh, another hater with nothing worthwhile to say.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Vaasman: no one reads other people's blogs or reviews, best way to get people's thoughts on his take on the game is post it on the forum.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
@thehig1 said:

@Vaasman: no one reads other people's blogs or reviews

And if the thread is any indication, that is for the best.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DocSanchez

@thepclovingguy: I have a significant amount to say. They took a beloved game series and made it significantly less than it was. Do I hate it? No. Am I frustrated? Yes. That's my emotions on it. I will feel how I want to feel on it and say what I want to say.

It is clear: This is coming from a bisexual who would absolutely date one: The issue with the transgendered is the ham fisted, agenda driven way she's been written in. It's symptomatic of all the other crap writing in it. The snark. The inappropriate dialogue. "My face is tired" being the most famous but the game is littered with it. It feels like it was written by six formers who want to write their fan fiction.

But they couldn't even manage to write any characters I cared about. I struggle to remember their names at times. Wrex, Garrus, Liara they aint.

They took out the fantastic locations and replaced them with barren worlds. Why? If there is life on Andromeda why couldn't there be cities and multiple races? There is one jungle planet but two desert worlds. WTF? Why is the cover system unusable often? Why does there seem to be more bugs than any AAA title I've seen in years? Why is the nomad slow and clunky? Why do the female krogan look like men now? They had a distinct style before, now you can't tell.

Honestly, you asked for it. You said I had nothing to say, I have MORE to say than this. You call me a "hater"? **** you, pal.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

The character models and facial animation is garbage. Yes on your nerd rig too. Your PC doesn't create new animation.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thepclovingguy

@DocSanchez said:

@thepclovingguy: I have a significant amount to say. They took a beloved game series and made it significantly less than it was. Do I hate it? No. Am I frustrated? Yes. That's my emotions on it. I will feel how I want to feel on it and say what I want to say.

It is clear: This is coming from a bisexual who would absolutely date one: The issue with the transgendered is the ham fisted, agenda driven way she's been written in. It's symptomatic of all the other crap writing in it. The snark. The inappropriate dialogue. "My face is tired" being the most famous but the game is littered with it. It feels like it was written by six formers who want to write their fan fiction.

But they couldn't even manage to write any characters I cared about. I struggle to remember their names at times. Wrex, Garrus, Liara they aint.

They took out the fantastic locations and replaced them with barren worlds. Why? If there is life on Andromeda why couldn't there be cities and multiple races? There is one jungle planet but two desert worlds. WTF? Why is the cover system unusable often? Why does there seem to be more bugs than any AAA title I've seen in years? Why is the nomad slow and clunky? Why do the female krogan look like men now? They had a distinct style before, now you can't tell.

Honestly, you asked for it. You said I had nothing to say, I have MORE to say than this. You call me a "hater"? **** you, pal.

I understand if you don't like the writing, I also don't like the facial animations just like you, but that doesn't make the entire game a mess. You are clearly over exaggerating, just like the rest of the people who joined the hate train, because they cant live with the facial animation and sjw writing. For example the combat is this is unquestionable better than in previous game, but some people still refuse to acknowlegde this because of they blind hatred, anti sjws are no better than sjws at the end of the day. The combat allow more aggressive play styles rather than being constantly glued behind objects. I can finally enjoy the combat in the mass effect series.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thepclovingguy

@Pray_to_me said:

The character models and facial animation is garbage. Yes on your nerd rig too. Your PC doesn't create new animation.

Worst troll attempt ever.....

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@thepclovingguy:

Don't cry

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

I'm just too busy and enjoying the Hell out of Mass Effect: Andromeda as it is on my PC. I look pass the Human animation model fiasco and the gameplay shooting, powers of tech/biotics are all fluid then they were in ME3 but my main grip with this game is the lack of no more Paragon/Renegade options which was a mistake to take out but so far, without giving any spoilers, I'm now just entering the Kett stronghold on the ice planet.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Vaasman: these forums are very inactive, I welcome any threads that arnt pure spam

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DocSanchez

@thepclovingguy: I enjoyed the combat in the series before this. It was popular then. Now, you are constantly looking for cover behind stuff that isn't there. It's the only way to recharge your shields, but you will stand next to an object and nothing will happen because it sometimes doesn't work.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Has played for 31 hours, obviously enjoys playing it, yet recommends to no one.

Gamers!

btw, git gud

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DocSanchez

@mjorh: If you put down that amount of money on a game, you're going to play it.

And the joke is, if he hadn't bothered, you'd merely say "you haven't played it much so you can't have an opinion." Fanboys eh.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mjorh

@DocSanchez said:

@mjorh: If you put down that amount of money on a game, you're going to play it.

And the joke is, if he hadn't bothered, you'd merely say "you haven't played it much so you can't have an opinion." Fanboys eh.

Flawed logic, why would I continue wasting my time on sth that I don't enjoy?

And he clearly enjoys the game but dies a lot, which shows he doesn't actually know how to play, it's an in-depth combat system hence a call for strategy, you can't just go gun-blazing in this game.

He's right about Auto-save and new alien races, but again, him being bad at combat makes the auto-save problem a serious one.

The core gameplay is the combat, and you can tell that it's not good for you by the first ten hours, just like how ppl don't play TW3 because of this

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

I've nearly finished it (up to last mission I think) and whilst it certainly isn't as good as the first games, it still had some cool moments. Definitely too much open-world stuff though... got a little boring after a while.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thepclovingguy

@Pray_to_me said:

@thepclovingguy:

Don't cry

So outdated, cant you come up with something new?

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thepclovingguy

@DocSanchez said:

@thepclovingguy: I enjoyed the combat in the series before this. It was popular then. Now, you are constantly looking for cover behind stuff that isn't there. It's the only way to recharge your shields, but you will stand next to an object and nothing will happen because it sometimes doesn't work.

Then you don't know how to play the game, there are dozens of different methods how to recharge your shields, use your abilities and play aggressively, abilities like charge and energy drain can give you your shield back if you use them properly, also evading is very important. Just because you suck doesn't mean its bad. This isn't some boring cover shooting shit like the previous mass effects. You have to be mobile and not hide behind cover all the time.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mjorh

@thepclovingguy said:
@DocSanchez said:

Then you don't know how to play the game, there are dozens of different methods how to recharge your shield. Just because you suck doesn't mean its bad. This isn't some boring cover shooting shit like the previous mass effects. You have to be mobile and not hide behind cover all the time.

Indeed, he really doesn't know how to play, he plays it like a cover-shooter.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

See, thats my point.

That IS NOT the only way to recharge shields.

There are powers, consumables, special augments, remnant armors, etc.

There is a ton of ways to recharge shields, even ways to shorten the delay before they start to recharge.

Not knowing about these things is not the game's fault

You are trying to play it like the trilogy when it is a different kind of game.

This protagonist isnt a highly trained soldier like Shephard.

They are explorers.

Take time to explore the game's mechanics and rpg elements before you complain.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thepclovingguy

@mjorh said:
@DocSanchez said:

Flawed logic, why would I continue wasting my time on sth that I don't enjoy?

And he clearly enjoys the game but dies a lot, which shows he doesn't actually know how to play, it's an in-depth combat system hence a call for strategy, you can't just go gun-blazing in this game.

He's right about Auto-save and new alien races, but again, him being bad at combat makes the auto-save problem a serious one.

The core gameplay is the combat, and you can tell that it's not good for you by the first ten hours, just like how ppl don't play TW3 because of this

That's the problem, people think this is another cover shooter and that's why they fail. You have to use your abilities, you have to build your character properly and you have to play the aggressively. This isn't just a point and shoot game.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thepclovingguy

Its so hilarious when people claim that vanguard is so underpowered in this game. In reality its quite the opposite, playing as vanguard means that you can easily cheat death on insanity if you use the right skills and tactics.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

So most of your crying comes from hard being too hard for you. Well, then play on normal, grandma.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448665784c
deactivated-58e448665784c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-58e448665784c
Member since 2017 • 68 Posts

Would help if these games were good from the start.

All they did was cement how bad the series is by making Andromeda a joke, it's a meme based game with typical new age game development riddled with bugs.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

They were going to fix the respawn issue. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, currently playing on a sniper cloak build.

When I have way more points I'll do a full respec and do vanguard. It's definitely doable. From what I've read shotguns are very powerful.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thepclovingguy

@LustForSoul said:

They were going to fix the respawn issue. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, currently playing on a sniper cloak build.

When I have way more points I'll do a full respec and do vanguard. It's definitely doable. From what I've read shotguns are very powerful.

Go for the dhan shotgun if you want a real damage dealer or go for this costum build one if you want to put more effort into survival.

Loading Video...