Biggest flop in system wars history?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soiguessialive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 soiguessialive
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

[QUOTE="mlbslugger86"]if you remember well enoughDaikatanawas the biggest flop in system wars history, that game had a big amount of hype...but was glitchy and buggy and all around no funPanzer_Zwei
How can Daikatana be the biggest flop in System Wars history if System Wars didn't even existed yet when it flopped? :|

I agree

It still is the biggest flop in history

FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts
TP, daikatana, KZ, and Brute Force.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#403 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

[QUOTE="mlbslugger86"]if you remember well enoughDaikatanawas the biggest flop in system wars history, that game had a big amount of hype...but was glitchy and buggy and all around no funPanzer_Zwei
How can Daikatana be the biggest flop in System Wars history if System Wars didn't even existed yet when it flopped? :|

im not saying system wars, and if im not mistaken system wars started when the ps1 went against the n64, im saying of all time, outside of gamespot.

hurmatps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#404 hurmatps3
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
Why is evreyone picking on lair?
hurmatps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 hurmatps3

You forgot Shenmue and the biggest of them all... KILLZONETargetDog

Killzone was not the biggest flop

hurmatps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 hurmatps3
I would add manhunt to the list.
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#407 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
Why is evreyone picking on lair?hurmatps3
Because it was hyped AAA - AA by alot of cow's and a gears killer and it flopped REALLY hard with a 4.5.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#408 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
Lair. Not only did it fail to meet the hype, it scored abominably LOW. I mean a 4.5? This is a two fold flop.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="mlbslugger86"]if you remember well enoughDaikatanawas the biggest flop in system wars history, that game had a big amount of hype...but was glitchy and buggy and all around no funsoiguessialive

I agree

It still is the biggest flop in history

No, it isn't. What are we even defining as a flop? Nobody thought Daikatana would be good when it got close to release. NOBODY. How does a game flop when nobody thinks it's going to be any good? It doesn't. I don't think people know what they're talking about. They just heard of this Daikatana game that was a complete disaster, so they figure it must've been a flop and that's why it was such a mess.

But the truth is that the quality of the final product at release didn't have all that much to do with that whole controversy. Like someone said, people saw the writing on the wall long before. Daikatana was running on the Quake 2 engine at the time of its release when games were already running on the Quake 3 engine a year before that. The only hype for it came from John Romero.

BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 BatmanBegins24
Member since 2005 • 7520 Posts

Zelda TP was the biggest in my opinion.Lair flopped by the biggest amount but Zelda TP was being hyped as one of the greatest games of all time.When it flopped,it was epic.There were even death threats!

And i'm actually one of the few people that agree with gamespot's Zelda review.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
Lair, hyped aaa, got a 4.5....
mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts
erm...since when is 8.8/8.9 a flop....
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

that list stinks ... don't put "history" of it's no more than 1 year old

zelda TP is the biggest flop game THAT I PLAYED ... but lair looks like a god damn flop, really intense, i won't play that one

BudgetMessiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 BudgetMessiah
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts

It's obviously Daikatana, as the biggest flop in gaming history, though I'm not sure if SW existed back then.

The poll is biased because most SW posters were too busy watching Sesame Street to remember what a Daikatana was.

Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#415 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts
Before Lair, it was Daikatana. But now, Lair has scored even lower than Daikatana, so it wins.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#416 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

Zelda TP was the biggest in my opinion.Lair flopped by the biggest amount but Zelda TP was being hyped as one of the greatest games of all time.When it flopped,it was epic.There were even death threats!

And i'm actually one of the few people that agree with gamespot's Zelda review.

BatmanBegins24

One problem. Lair was a horrible game. Twilight Princess was an amazing game that was given a bad review by a single site.

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#417 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
In that list , Lair . But KZ is the biggest flop of all time , KZ2 might beat it .
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="LegendofNerd"]Lair. Without a doubt.Carmilla31
MGS3 went from a AAA franchise, last game was a 9.6, to a AA. Blue Dragon was made from the creator of Final Fantasy and thought as a 'Square killer.' Metroid 3 went from a AAA franchise to AA like MGS3. Zelda was a AAA-AAAA franchise and bombed at a AA. I actually think Lair is the least flop of all of those considering Factor 5 never made a sure fire hit in the past.

Not really. majora's mask got 8.3 and foursword adventures got 8.0. TP isn't the lowest scoring zelda game on GS.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Lair. Not only did it fail to meet the hype, it scored abominably LOW. I mean a 4.5? This is a two fold flop.AdobeArtist
yeah...I mean games like TP and MGS3 flopped...but they were still great games. Lair flopped and was a bad game at the same time.

Although if you're talking about the biggest flop in terms of the reaction the SW got...nothing can be the chaos that occurred the night of the TP review

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]Lair. Not only did it fail to meet the hype, it scored abominably LOW. I mean a 4.5? This is a two fold flop.Shinobishyguy

yeah...I mean games like TP and MGS3 flopped...but they were still great games. Lair flopped and was a bad game at the same time.

Although if you're talking about the biggest flop in terms of the reaction the SW got...nothing can be the chaos that occurred the night of the TP review

Granted there was alot of pandemonium surrounding the Zelda review, crowd reaction is generally subjective, as it's usually the select fanatics who are the most vocal and get the most attention. Whereas scores leave no ambiguity and so are the only practical standard we go by for definition of a flop. It's actually a rule here in SW.