Biggest flop in system wars history?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

Many, many great games are still flops here at system wars. Say what you will.

But Lair didn't cause any death threats to any editors. That alone justifies the award of biggest flop ever.

Panzer_Zwei

Perhaps you missed the post-Resistance frenzy? Not many cows took kindly to that 8.6.

Zelda: TP was still worse than Resistance. Casey even went a made a enough with Zelda: TP sticky because of the madness.

You act as if fanboys actually matter. They don't. The only thing that should be looked at to see if a game is a flop IS THE GAME ITSELF.

Zelda missed its goal by a hair's breadth. Lair missed it by a chasm the size of the Grand Canyon. There is no contest that Lair is the biggest flop.

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts
[QUOTE="JB730"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

8.8. It's a touchy issue among some to this day.

:lol:

TekkenMaster606

4.5. :lol:

its tough to deal with, i know....but instead of living in denial, try and deal with the fact that lair is by far the biggest flop in system wars history

Except I don't give two **** about that game. It flopped. Just like The Getaway, just like Red Steel. The sheepies are just looking for the quickest way to find another game to replace the absolute backlash and outcry that happened after Zelda's score.

http://www.gannon-banned.com

Scroll to the bottom and you'll know what I mean.

most flops are off by 0.1-1 points at most

lair, on the other hand, was off by 3.5 points

name another game missed its hype by THAT much

so yeah......i'm going to go with the vast majority here.....lair is by far the biggest flop in system wars history

let it burn.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#253 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

Failing to get that AAA score, by any amount, means a whole lot more than missing AA by any margin.

SkyCastleDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 SkyCastleDan
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts

Lair.

Plain.....and......simple.

I can't believe I hyped that game. So glad Warhawk and Heavenly Sword turned out to be awesome. What a disgrace Lair is. Nintendo, take Factor 5's pathetic excuse for developing back would ya?

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 mjarantilla

Failing to get that AAA score, by any amount, means a whole lot more than missing AA by any margin.TekkenMaster606

Then Lair is STILL the biggest flop, because it WAS hyped AAA.

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - sheep's reaction to it was hilarious and went on for much longer than most games

GTA: LCS - the DS killer

Killzone - the Halo killer

Red Steel - the revolution in FPS making dual analog obselete

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#257 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

Failing to get that AAA score, by any amount, means a whole lot more than missing AA by any margin.

TekkenMaster606
A great game not being excellent is worse than a terrible game not being great. Wait, what?
delta_leader_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 delta_leader_4
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts

[QUOTE="delta_leader_4"]Lol I guess most people here arent old enough to remember the Daikatana flop. And you guys think youre hardcore.Hoffgod
Daikatana came out in April 2000. GS SW started in August 2001. So it doesn't count as part of SW history. Still, that is one of the biggest flops of all time. Not quite as big as ET, but still, massive.

Yea well I guess youve got a point there.. I had no idea when SW was started. But out of the 5 in poll in the history of games Daikatana is the biggest flop on there no question.

Its funny how according to the poll Lair is the biggest flop.. most who voted probably have no idea what even went down with Daikatana. Lair and TP never had anywhere close to as much as hype as Daikatana.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

I'd probably say Lair because it was hyped AA and got 4.5!

But the hype surrounding the game was absolutely nothing compared to TP so I dunno, it depends.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 mjarantilla

[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="delta_leader_4"]Lol I guess most people here arent old enough to remember the Daikatana flop. And you guys think youre hardcore.delta_leader_4

Daikatana came out in April 2000. GS SW started in August 2001. So it doesn't count as part of SW history. Still, that is one of the biggest flops of all time. Not quite as big as ET, but still, massive.

Yea well I guess youve got a point there.. I had no idea when SW was started. But out of the 5 in poll in the history of games Daikatana is the biggest flop on there no question.

Its funny how according to the poll Lair is the biggest flop.. most who voted probably have no idea what even went down with Daikatana. Lair and TP never had anywhere close to as much as hype as Daikatana.

That's true. The only reason I DIDN'T vote Daikatana was because it was before SW.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

But Lair didn't cause any death threats to any editors. That alone justifies the award of biggest flop ever.

mjarantilla

Perhaps you missed the post-Resistance frenzy? Not many cows took kindly to that 8.6.

Zelda: TP was still worse than Resistance. Casey even went a made a enough with Zelda: TP sticky because of the madness.

You act as if fanboys actually matter. They don't. The only thing that should be looked at to see if a game is a flop IS THE GAME ITSELF.

Zelda missed its goal by a hair's breadth. Lair missed it by a chasm the size of the Grand Canyon. There is no contest that Lair is the biggest flop.

Fanboys hyped it AAA-AAAA didn't they? don't they matter then? isn't SW law no hype no flop?

I think you're failing to grasp that this is about SW history, not whatever other sites that rated it higher. It was a flop here at SW, and it was a flop because of fanboys. You think fanboys don't matter in SW?

Also Zelda: TP was beaten by Dead Rising as Action/Adventure game of the year. Sheep also whinned highly about that.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

OK enough with this. ET was the biggest flop in gaming history. Critically, commercially, etc. etc. Everything else pales in comparison. /thread

coreygames

too bad the title says "System Wars History" :|

Yeah well...who cares what the thread is about...because...I'm right. :|

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 mjarantilla

I'd probably say Lair because it was hyped AA and got 4.5!

But the hype surrounding the game was absolutely nothing compared to TP so I dunno, it depends.

the-very-best

Many people found that TP met their expectations. The ONLY place where TP flopped was in score.

But Lair flopped across the board. NO ONE'S expectations were met, not even those of the worst of haters. That, to me, qualifies Lair as the bigger flop of the two games.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#264 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Twilight Princess doesn't even come close to Lair. Twilight Princess was hyped AAA, and the general consensus, with one or two exceptions, was that it was AAA, even though the Gamespot score certainly created waves. Lair, however, was hyped to be AAA, and the hype began to fall to AA shortly before the game was released. However, with a final score of 4.5, with what was supposed to be an epic game? Lair is by far the biggest flop of the decade.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Hoffgod
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

Panzer_Zwei

Fanboys hyped it AAA-AAAA didn't they? don't they matter then? isn't SW law no hype no flop?

I think you're failing to grasp that this is about SW history, not whatever other sites that rated it higher. It was a flop here at SW, and it was a flop because of fanboys. You think fanboys don't matter in SW?

Also Zelda: TP was beaten by Dead Rising as Action/Adventure game of the year. Sheep also whinned highly about that.

I think he meant that as in the fanboy reaction to the score, advocating a view that the level of flop, or flopitude, should be determined by comparing the hype to the merits of the game, not factoring in reaction.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#266 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

OK enough with this. ET was the biggest flop in gaming history. Critically, commercially, etc. etc. Everything else pales in comparison. /thread

JiveT

That would be the attitude that system wars runs off of. If you have a hand grenade, whether a pineapple or a pipebomb wanna be, you can run around and do w/e you want if the FBI (Casey) isn't right on you.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Many people found that TP met their expectations. The ONLY place where TP flopped was in score.

But Lair flopped across the board. NO ONE'S expectations were met, not even those of the worst of haters. That, to me, qualifies Lair as the bigger flop of the two games.

mjarantilla

Maybe you're right.

I dunno though, I know everyone thinks Lair's been hyped like crazy...but by who exactly? There's like 10 cows in SW in total (I know I'm underexaggerating but you get my point) and many people hyped it because of its graphics, but I saw numerous "I'm not interested in the idea" posts since the game was first shown.

How many people actually wanted to buy the game? From what I've seen, not many. That's why I'm not sure what to call the bigger flop. But I probably would still say Lair cause of the massive difference between AA and 4.5/10.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

Panzer_Zwei

There were fanboys who hyped Lair AAA to AAAA, too. Should we use THEM as the yardstick? Those are the same kind of people who hyped Zelda AAAA.

But ultimately, the only place Zelda flopped was in its score, and in that it only missed its score by 0.2 (technically 0.1 because the GCN score was 8.9). It doesn't matter that irrational fanboys decided that 0.2 points was the worst injustice in the world.

Lair flopped ACROSS the board. There were SO MANY EXPECTATIONS for that game:

- AAA, even AAAA by some fanboys

- Killer app

- Gears of War killer

- THE PS3 game of 2007

- GOTY candidate

So on and so forth.

It met NONE of them. It went from being the top of the PS3's library to being at the bottom. It worse than flopped: it belly-flopped onto solid cement.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Hoffgod
[QUOTE="delta_leader_4"]

[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="delta_leader_4"]Lol I guess most people here arent old enough to remember the Daikatana flop. And you guys think youre hardcore.mjarantilla

That's true. The only reason I DIDN'T vote Daikatana was because it was before SW.

Agreed. John Romero made nobody his ***** except for the poor saps at Eidos he got $30 million out of.
Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts

Daiktana was looking crap for a longtime beore release, games were on quake 3 engine for a year before Daiktana was out on Quake 2.

Wasn't that hyped on Lair but i haven't seen a high profile game like it score a 4.9 , especially when its IGN who love giving out 9's for stupid reasons.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"]

the-very-best

Maybe you're right.

I dunno though, I know everyone thinks Lair's been hyped like crazy...but by who exactly? There's like 10 cows in SW in total (I know I'm underexaggerating but you get my point) and many people hyped it because of its graphics, but I saw numerous "I'm not interested in the idea" posts since the game was first shown.

How many people actually wanted to buy the game? From what I've seen, not many. That's why I'm not sure what to call the bigger flop. But I probably would still say Lair cause of the massive difference between AA and 4.5/10.

Lair has most definitely been hyped like crazy. Out of all of the PS3's new franchises (i.e. not FFXIII or MGS4), it was #2 behind RFOM, maybe #3 behind Heavenly Sword. Between Sony's Gamer's Day and E3, there wasn't a week that went by that didn't have a new Lair video or picture, and each thread always had a ton of excitement.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

There were fanboys who hyped Lair AAA to AAAA, too. Should we use THEM as the yardstick? Those are the same kind of people who hyped Zelda AAAA.

But ultimately, the only place Zelda flopped was in its score, and in that it only missed its score by 0.2 (technically 0.1 because the GCN score was 8.9). It doesn't matter that irrational fanboys decided that 0.2 points was the worst injustice in the world.

Lair flopped ACROSS the board. There were SO MANY EXPECTATIONS for that game:

- AAA, even AAAA by some fanboys

- Killer app

- Gears of War killer

- THE PS3 game of 2007

- GOTY candidate

So on and so forth.

It met NONE of them. It went from being the top of the PS3's library to being at the bottom. It worse than flopped: it belly-flopped onto solid cement.

mjarantilla

I don't doubt they were, but if we're honest, for Zelda: TP it was indeed the mayority that was hyping it AAA-AAAA, not just the odd fanboy or two. In all reality, with Zelda TP, less than a AAA was unthinkable, even a day before the review came out.

And from what I can tell, Lair hyped died pretty much, before it released, somewhat similar thing happened with N3 which was very praised until the Japanese review and demo came out.

I get what you're saying, but Zelda: TP was still a flop in "SW" nonethless.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 JiveT
[QUOTE="JiveT"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

coreygames

That would be the attitude that system wars runs off of. If you have a hand grenade, whether a pineapple or a pipebomb wanna be, you can run around and do w/e you want if the FBI (Casey) isn't right on you.

How old is System Wars pray tell?! This shouldn't be an opinion question anyway. Its a simple mathematical question with this equation:

1. Official hype

2. Actual review score

3. Subtract actual score from official score

4. The game with the largest disparity is the biggest flop

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

Daiktana was looking crap for a longtime beore release, games were on quake 3 engine for a year before Daiktana was out on Quake 2.ChinoJamesKeene

I know. People here seem to have this strange idea that most people thought Daikatana would actually be good. It was shovelware! The controversy and infamy around Daikatana didn't even have as much to do with the poor quality of the game itself as it did with John Romero and the subsequent downfall of Ion Storm.

kilik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 kilik
Member since 2002 • 145 Posts
Definetly Lair. MP3 and Zelda got at least 8's and 9's. When a hotly anticipated game gets 4's it's a HUGE flop.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 coreygames

How old is System Wars pray tell?! This shouldn't be an opinion question anyway. Its a simple mathematical question with this equation:

1. Official hype

2. Actual review score

JiveT
That's what I say, but cows don't want to have the biggest flop on their hands (Lair), so the excuses are flooding in. Now they want to consider account suicides, closed threads, owned bets, etc. in discovering the flop king instead of this simple subtration formula.
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts

Why are you guys still arguing?

tell me when did we see a huge number of account suicides, fanboys leaving system wars, sheep sending death threats to Jeff(trully insane), personal attacks against jeff, a thread that was stickied for days and had thousands of replies, a month of whining, other forums going crazy over another sites score, many ytmnd/photoshops/gifs of the controversy, hyped as GOTY/AAAA?next OoT and tons of other crazy stuff.

Only TP's flop did this... Only The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess did this. And Half of you are saying Lair is the bigger flop? Are you guys *bleep* joking?

What happened today when Lair flopped? a thread with 600 replies that has people accepting ownage. And you call it the biggest flop in SW history. Even though in terms of meeting expectations, it had the same results with Red Steel. Seriously do you guys need more straws or something?

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 coreygames

tell me when did we see a huge number of account suicides, fanboys leaving system wars, sheep sending death threats to Jeff(trully insane), personal attacks against jeff, a thread that was stickied for days and had thousands of replies, a month of whining, other forums going crazy over another sites score, many ytmnd/photoshops/gifs of the controversy, hyped as GOTY/AAAA?next OoT and tons of other crazy stuff.

Only TP's flop did this... Only The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess did this. And Half of you are saying Lair is the bigger flop? Are you guys *bleep* joking?

What happened today when Lair flopped? a thread with 600 replies that has people accepting ownage. And you call it the biggest flop in SW history. Even though in terms of meeting expectations, it had the same results with Red Steel. Seriously do you guys need more straws or something?

Tamarind_Face
So what you are saying is, the game doesn't matter.
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts
To me it is Lair. First hyped to the moon (AAA) and then brought down to AA from most. It didn't even get A. At least games like TP and MP3 were close to their respected hype which was AAA. Its not like they just fell off the map.
BigGimp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 BigGimp77
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts

You have to go Lair.

Yea Zelda 'flopped' on Gamespot. But it got a 95% on Gamerankings which is awesome. However Lair is going to flop everywhere.

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#281 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
Right now Lair. I just lmao when I saw the review.
Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#282 Halo2_Norad
Member since 2002 • 3802 Posts
Lair. Hyped AA but come out with a 4.5. Biggest flop ever.
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Tamarind_Face
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

coreygames

what? thread title... please read.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 JiveT
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

Tamarind_Face

Yeah the thread title isn't what game review gave Jeff the most death threats. :|

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 coreygames
[QUOTE="coreygames"] [QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

Tamarind_Face

Biggest flop in system wars history? The game that flopped the most. That would be the game that was furthest from its expected score. You said the one with the biggest negative reaction from fans. So my question is, does the game even matter then? The game could scorea 2.5 when expecting a 10, but it wouldn't matter if nobody said anything compared to a game that misses by .2 and has a lot of ruckus?
pandorax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 pandorax1
Member since 2006 • 373 Posts
The difference between Lair and Twilight Princess is that even though TP flopped, it is still a good game, whereas Lair is horrid, and definitely deserves to be SW's biggest flop.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

Tamarind_Face

Why are we basing flops on fan reaction instead of the quality of the game in proportion to the hype it received, like it naturally should be? Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Sheep hype Twilight Princess AAA, it falls .2 short. The sheep lose whatever bets they made, and they go from owning to being owned like I mentioned before, only because of .2. And not only that, but Gamespot's score happens to be one of the lowest out of all of them. The sheep are upset at the AA, but upset even more that it was so close to AAA, and even more upset that GS scored it relatively low in comparison to the majority of other reviews.

But why take that out on the game itself, because it was overhyped by .2, and call it the biggest SW flop ever? Especially when you have a perfectly viable mega-flop in Lair, and one that makes significantly more sense. GOTY AAA to 4.5/10. That's all you need. Biggest flop ever. I mean just look at that. Funniest thing about this is the cows tried to call Bioshock a flop even though it got 9/10. I guess they just have a really loose definition for the word.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#288 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

Tamarind_Face

The Twilight Princess review was a lot more controversial, because everyone but Gamespot was praising the game, and there were a lot of AAAAs being given. On the other hand, Lair was truly a flop, because everyone was hyping it, and it turned out to be a horrible game. Twilight Princess was hyped to be an amazing game, and it delivered. All the waves for TP were simply caused by the fact that one site gave it a controversail review, with a none-the-less excellent score. Lair is simply a bad game.

As for Red Steel, I've heard nothing but good things about the game. People acknowledge that it definately has problems, but they say that it is very fun. And again, it had a similair situation to Twilight Princess, though it was still acknowledged widely to be a fairly poor game.

BigGimp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 BigGimp77
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts
ToZ: TP may be the most memorable flop, and the most historical. But not the BIGGEST in terms of differences/significance in the hype-to-score ratio.
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 JB730

rincess review was a lot more controversial, because everyone but Gamespot was praising the game, and there were a lot of AAAAs being given. On the other hand, Lair was truly a flop, because everyone was hyping it, and it turned out to be a horrible game. Twilight Princess was hyped to be an amazing game, and it delivered. All the waves for TP were simply caused by the fact that one site gave it a controversail review, with a none-the-less excellent score. Lair is simply a bad game.

Tylendal

exactly

a lot of fans were pleased with zelda TP, and beleive it to be the best zelda ever

lair, on the other hand, is downright unplayable

it seems like the majority here realise that lair missed its mark by the largest margin, and therefore is the biggest flop in SW history.....and i agree with them

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Tamarind_Face
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

coreygames

Biggest flop in system wars history? The game that flopped the most. That would be the game that was furthest from its expected score. You said the one with the biggest negative reaction from fans. So my question is, does the game even matter then? The game could scorea 2.5 when expecting a 10, but it wouldn't matter if nobody said anything compared to a game that misses by .2 and has a lot of ruckus?

oh please your logic of score discrepancy isnt being used in this thread, if it was then Red steel shouldve been included or other games. Its clear that the basis of this thread when judging the the biggest flop is in its impact. And when it comes to impact, TP is a landslide win.

Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#292 Halo2_Norad
Member since 2002 • 3802 Posts
I can't believe that Lair has become a bigger flop than Killzone. You know you F'd up when that happens. GeOW killer my arse.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#293 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Lair. Hyped AA scored D.
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 JB730

oh please your logic of score discrepancy isnt being used in this thread, if it was then Red steel shouldve been included or other games. Its clear that the basis of this thread when judging the the biggest flop is in its impact. And when it comes to impact, TP is a landslide win.

Tamarind_Face

no, its really not clear that the basis of this thread is about judging flops on impact......if it was, then MGS 3 should have been listed there instead of Blue Dragon.

see? i can use that sort of logic right back at you.

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 coreygames
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

Tamarind_Face

If everything were as clear cut as you think it is, there would be a lot more logic here. Judging by its absence, I would say you are wrong.
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Tamarind_Face
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

Tylendal

The Twilight Princess review was a lot more controversial, because everyone but Gamespot was praising the game, and there were a lot of AAAAs being given. On the other hand, Lair was truly a flop, because everyone was hyping it, and it turned out to be a horrible game. Twilight Princess was hyped to be an amazing game, and it delivered. All the waves for TP were simply caused by the fact that one site gave it a controversail review, with a none-the-less excellent score. Lair is simply a bad game.

As for Red Steel, I've heard nothing but good things about the game. People acknowledge that it definately has problems, but they say that it is very fun. And again, it had a similair situation to Twilight Princess, though it was still acknowledged widely to be a fairly poor game.

thanks for your biased opinion but Red steel is on par with Lair in terms of discrepancy. Oh yes just like Red Steel there are people who also love lair but it doesnt change the fact that both flopped. And only a few fanboys hyped this trash just because it had great graphics. If I were to choose which is the biggest flop between Red Steel or Lair, I would choose Red Steel mainly because it was hyped AAA while Lair wasnt.

How can you call twilight princess review controversial when gamespot is well known of scoring a game below the average gamecritic score. You should know that.

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 coreygames

How can you call twilight princess review controversial when gamespot is well known of scoring a game below the average gamecritic score. You should know that.

Tamarind_Face
Wario Ware, Tony Hawk... more...
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 JB730
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

Tamarind_Face

thanks for your biased opinion but Red steel is on par with Lair in terms of discrepancy. Oh yes just like Red Steel there are people who also love lair but it doesnt change the fact that both flopped. And only a few fanboys hyped this trash just because it had great graphics. If I were to choose which is the biggest flop between Red Steel or Lair, I would choose Red Steel mainly because it was hyped AAA while Lair wasnt.

red steel hyped AAA?

i don't believe it.

care to back that up with a link to red steel's official hype thread? i recall it being hyped AA at MOST.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="JiveT"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

JiveT

1. Official hype

2. Actual review score

But Zelda TP only missed its mark by .2 and still left a bugger impact then Lair...
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 coreygames
[QUOTE="Carmilla31"] But Zelda TP only missed its mark by .2 and still left a bugger impact then Lair...

Yeah, it sure was a bugger of an impact... but still not as bad as Lair. Let it drop... and flop.