BF3 will not feature an in-game server browser for the PC version.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

Yes, the rumors from the beta are true. You will have to launch the game via Battlelog from the web browser of your choice. While the console gamers get an in-gamer server browser, us PC folks won't. I switch servers quite often, and using an web browser to access the server list is the final straw. Who thought of this? If so, they are idiots.

I am seriously considering cancelling my pre-order and getting MW3 instead for my multiplayer FPS fix this holiday season.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

So they don't have matchmaking, which the PC people don't want. Now you get the ability to join what ever server you want and just because you have to do it through a browser you're going to complain.

_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _VenomX
Member since 2009 • 1614 Posts
So they don't have matchmaking, which the PC people always wantRandoggy
WHAT?
CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts

I have dual monitor so its ok with me :P

M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts

what the ****. that is just stupid, they are doing so many good things, but this, this is just ####ing stupid.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Randoggy
[QUOTE="Randoggy"]So they don't have matchmaking, which the PC people always want_VenomX
WHAT?

I know I know, I totally screwed up what I was typing, sorry :P I did edit.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Capitalist

Sure, we are getting a server browser. A gimped one, at that.

MW3 and RO2 FTW!

cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax55
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

From what I heard, supposedly you can alt-tab out of the game and choose directly while the game is still active, though I agree its a terrible feature.

Personally, Im set on Red Orchestra 2 over BF3 anyway. Im tired of all this Bullsh*t from these big publishers.

_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _VenomX
Member since 2009 • 1614 Posts
[QUOTE="_VenomX"][QUOTE="Randoggy"]So they don't have matchmaking, which the PC people always wantRandoggy
WHAT?

I really thought you meant we want matchmaking XD. Anyways.. It's fine with me aslong I don't have to open origin then open battlelog too.. If I could run the game through Battlelog it's fine. I have a feeling it's about hacking protection and/or piracy.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Should be fine. It makes no difference really, and from what I saw in the a video about it when you pick a server it just automatically loads up the map loading screen, so you dont have to go through the logging in bs.
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

Yes, the rumors from the beta are true. You will have to launch the game via Battlelog from the web browser of your choice. While the console gamers get an in-gamer server browser, us PC folks won't. I switch servers quite often, and using an web browser to access the server list is the final straw. Who thought of this? If so, they are idiots.

I am seriously considering cancelling my pre-order and getting MW3 instead for my multiplayer FPS fix this holiday season.

The_Capitalist

whats so stupid about this? you NEVER have to wait for server refresh, you jump RIGHT into the server.

minizime game window, pick a new server, takes like 2 seconds, while depending on your computer, could take much longer

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Randoggy
[QUOTE="_VenomX"][QUOTE="Randoggy"][QUOTE="_VenomX"] WHAT?

I really thought you meant we want matchmaking XD. Anyways.. It's fine with me aslong I don't have to open origin then open battlelog too.. If I could run the game through Battlelog it's fine. I have a feeling it's about hacking protection and/or piracy.

Lol I've been here long enough to know that match making is the devils work :P
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Do you have to use the battlelog to access the single player and co-op missions? I'm assuming that you have to always be online while playing BF3...

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

So stupid. This game has been nothing but a roller coaster of feelings for me. I was super hyped, then I was close to not buying it, then I got re-hyped, now with this info I am planning to push this one off my list all together. Browser not in game, **** stupid.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I don't care. I liked the Battlelog in the Alpha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

I have dual monitor so its ok with me :P

CoolSkAGuy

I completely forgot about that lol. Going to be dual monitoring like a baws.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="Randoggy"][QUOTE="_VenomX"] WHAT?_VenomX

I actually like matchmaking, so far though only halo does it right with the start of each game finding a match and thats it, its your match people can't just come and go, but I still prefer CoD's matchmaking over server browsers any day.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Iantheone
[QUOTE="_VenomX"][QUOTE="Randoggy"] I know I know, I totally screwed up what I was typing, sorry :P I did edit.savagetwinkie

I actually like matchmaking, so far though only halo does it right with the start of each game finding a match and thats it, its your match people can't just come and go, but I still prefer CoD's matchmaking over server browsers any day.

My experience with MW2 has completely destroyed any good my mind had for matchmaking. Wait 10 minutes to find a host, then get disconnected and wait another 10 minutes. Be in a party with more than one friend and all be put into different games/one cant connect for some reason etc. Cod4, search servers, join. Done in about 10 seconds of searching.
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamer-adam1

So stupid. This game has been nothing but a roller coaster of feelings for me. I was super hyped, then I was close to not buying it, then I got re-hyped, now with this info I am planning to push this one off my list all together. Browser not in game, **** stupid.

millerlight89

stupid how, by making it easiler to game online?

cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cobrax55
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

gamer-adam1

It doesnt make it easier to game online, it just adds an extra hassle.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

psn8214

Hell yeah. I like this a lot better, since I get to boot right into the game. I don't get why people are complaining really.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

It doesnt make it easier to game online, it just adds an extra hassle.

cobrax55

What extra hassle?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

gamer-adam1

Easier how?
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="_VenomX"] I really thought you meant we want matchmaking XD. Anyways.. It's fine with me aslong I don't have to open origin then open battlelog too.. If I could run the game through Battlelog it's fine. I have a feeling it's about hacking protection and/or piracy.Iantheone

My experience with MW2 has completely destroyed any good my mind had for matchmaking. Wait 10 minutes to find a host, then get disconnected and wait another 10 minutes. Be in a party with more than one friend and all be put into different games/one cant connect for some reason etc. Cod4, search servers, join. Done in about 10 seconds of searching.

Wow your lieing, its like 10 to 15 seconds to find a match, and the p2p system makes all the game modes scalable so you have plenty of matches for w/e game modes your looking for, the only thing thats nice about a server browser is connecting to custom servers, in which case they could forget the archaic server browser entirely and create better match making, and have a mini server browser for connecting to specific and modded games.

edit: I definitly don't think they should rank server browser games, you could enter one and be completely team stacked and your team will mainly consist of rage quitters while your stats drop like a rock.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Capitalist

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

ChubbyGuy40

Hell yeah. I like this a lot better, since I get to boot right into the game. I don't get why people are complaining really.

It's an unorthodox design decision and I personally don't like such unorthodoxy. They are making it like it's a free to play game you launch from your web browser. It cheapens the brand.

If that's the case, why don't they just build a web browser into the game itself? Much less hassle of having it load all of the time.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

The console version has something the PC version doesn't?

MADNESS!!!!

DirkTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DirkTheBlue
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I was trying to figure out if I wanted to get this on PC or PS3. After this post, I decided I want it for PS3. Thanks. :)
Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Randoggy
This thread is too funny. You guys damn near get what you want and you still complain.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

They are making it like it's a free to play game you launch from your web browser. It cheapens the brand.

The_Capitalist

Did you play the Alpha? This is not at all what it is like, or what it feels like. I prefer this to, say, Black Ops' server browser. It's incredibly easy to navigate and use, and it makes a multitude of stats and other functions available to you. I like it a lot, actually. It takes no time at all to launch into the game too.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Iantheone

Wow your lieing, its like 10 to 15 seconds to find a match, and the p2p system makes all the game modes scalable so you have plenty of matches for w/e game modes your looking for, the only thing thats nice about a server browser is connecting to custom servers, in which case they could forget the archaic server browser entirely and create better match making, and have a mini server browser for connecting to specific and modded games.savagetwinkie
Yes, im lying. =/ Seriously, I dont live in the states, I live in NZ. There are very few (if any) servers here for any game. I have to connect to aussie servers. In MW2, it took me upwards of 10 minutes to find a game. Just having it sitting there searching. Even when in a game its normally much slower than im used to so its laggy as hell, then the host wont leave because he can get more kills like this so I end up leaving and waiting another 10 minutes. I cant even find a game any more since I have no map packs. The game is completely unplayable for me now, just cant do it. If you doubt me I can link you to my Steam profile where it has the game and the 200+ hours I spent in it.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Capitalist

This thread is too funny. You guys damn near get what you want and you still complain.Randoggy

I didn't complain until now. I was pretty satisfied with how BF3 was going. And then they announced this bullcrap.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 millerlight89
This thread is too funny. You guys damn near get what you want and you still complain.Randoggy
Am I not aloud to complain about something :? Are you content with everything thrown at you ?
Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Golden_Boy187
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

LOL one more reason to pick up MW3

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamer-adam1

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

millerlight89

Easier how?

come home, open your browser, click server and BOOM in the game, than minize the window, click on another server, you only load the game if you want single player, but even while you are playing SP, you can easily jump right into a server

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

gamer-adam1

Easier how?

come home, open your browser, click server and BOOM in the game, than minize the window, click on another server, you only load the game if you want single player, but even while you are playing SP, you can easily jump right into a server

Or I could just get to a server in game....like every other normal server browser. I don't have to minimize and do all that crap. So easier it is not and you would be wrong.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Iantheone
[QUOTE="millerlight89"] Or I could just get to a server in game....like every other normal server browser. I don't have to minimize and do all that crap. So easier it is not and you would be wrong.

I much prefer it this way to the way it is in BC2 where when ever you want to change a game you have to log in again on the main menu or if you disconnect from a server. Wastes a lot of time. From the looks of what they are trying to do they are getting rid of this whole logging in and out thing.
Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Randoggy
[QUOTE="Randoggy"]This thread is too funny. You guys damn near get what you want and you still complain.millerlight89
Am I not aloud to complain about something :? Are you content with everything thrown at you ?

I never said you weren't allowed to complain, complain all you want. I just find it funny that you guys want to be able to select what server you want to play, they gave you that ability and yet you still complain.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

Sure, we are getting a server browser. A gimped one, at that.

MW2.001 and RO2 FTW!

The_Capitalist

fixed.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 millerlight89
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Randoggy"]This thread is too funny. You guys damn near get what you want and you still complain.Randoggy

I never said you weren't allowed to complain, complain all you want. I just find it funny that you guys want to be able to select what server you want to play, they gave you that ability and yet you still complain.

You don't seem to understand the concept of what's going on. That's ok though. I want to select a server IN GAME, not minimize it to find one. It's really quite simple to understand if you would stop trying to get a rise out of others, and concentrate on the problem at hand. Alas, you probably will continue what you are doing so full steam ahead bro.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]Wow your lieing, its like 10 to 15 seconds to find a match, and the p2p system makes all the game modes scalable so you have plenty of matches for w/e game modes your looking for, the only thing thats nice about a server browser is connecting to custom servers, in which case they could forget the archaic server browser entirely and create better match making, and have a mini server browser for connecting to specific and modded games.Iantheone

Yes, im lying. =/ Seriously, I dont live in the states, I live in NZ. There are very few (if any) servers here for any game. I have to connect to aussie servers. In MW2, it took me upwards of 10 minutes to find a game. Just having it sitting there searching. Even when in a game its normally much slower than im used to so its laggy as hell, then the host wont leave because he can get more kills like this so I end up leaving and waiting another 10 minutes. I cant even find a game any more since I have no map packs. The game is completely unplayable for me now, just cant do it. If you doubt me I can link you to my Steam profile where it has the game and the 200+ hours I spent in it.

well map packs are a diffeent story... i don't have map packs for blops and i can find 4/5 servers that are empty or full. If they used a p2p system correctly and new how to locallize things more, it should work better for you, the problem is matchmaking hasn't grown to that maturity yet.
Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Randoggy
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Randoggy"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Am I not aloud to complain about something :? Are you content with everything thrown at you ?

You don't seem to understand the concept of what's going on. That's ok though. I want to select a server IN GAME, not minimize it to find one. It's really quite simple to understand if you would stop trying to get a rise out of others, and concentrate on the problem at hand. Alas, you probably will continue what you are doing so full steam ahead bro.

How long does it take to alt tab?
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Capitalist

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] Or I could just get to a server in game....like every other normal server browser. I don't have to minimize and do all that crap. So easier it is not and you would be wrong. Iantheone
I much prefer it this way to the way it is in BC2 where when ever you want to change a game you have to log in again on the main menu or if you disconnect from a server. Wastes a lot of time. From the looks of what they are trying to do they are getting rid of this whole logging in and out thing.

Really? Whenever a server would boot me for ping reasons, I would still be signed in with my EA account. I'll just refresh the server browser, and less than a minute later, I am playing again.

Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Golden_Boy187
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Randoggy"] I never said you weren't allowed to complain, complain all you want. I just find it funny that you guys want to be able to select what server you want to play, they gave you that ability and yet you still complain.Randoggy

long enough for me to skip on BF3

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Iantheone

[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Or I could just get to a server in game....like every other normal server browser. I don't have to minimize and do all that crap. So easier it is not and you would be wrong. The_Capitalist

Really? Whenever a server would boot me for ping reasons, I would still be signed in with my EA account. I'll just refresh the server browser, and less than a minute later, I am playing again.

Huh, for me it updates (Which is pretty much logging in) each time I go to the main menu from in game, regardless as to how I got there.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

So they don't have matchmaking, which the PC people don't want. Now you get the ability to join what ever server you want and just because you have to do it through a browser you're going to complain.

Randoggy

Its a waste of RAM and resources. It matters a lot in resource heavy games. I do 70-80FPS in BC2 and when I have my browser open I do around 30-40FPS.

I'm begining to get the feeling that this game is being rushed out. Hell, even MoH had an in-game browser. Or nobody would have used Battlelog if the game did have an in-game browser so they're going to force you to. Also this adds on to the list of reasons why BF3 isn't on Steam.(It will never be on Steam so forget about it) All this battlelog **** could have been added "in-game".

**** this game I won't be buying it.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Randoggy

[QUOTE="Randoggy"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] You don't seem to understand the concept of what's going on. That's ok though. I want to select a server IN GAME, not minimize it to find one. It's really quite simple to understand if you would stop trying to get a rise out of others, and concentrate on the problem at hand. Alas, you probably will continue what you are doing so full steam ahead bro. Golden_Boy187

long enough for me to skip on BF3

facepalm.jpg Give me a break dude lol.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

WHAT?

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Iantheone

[QUOTE="Randoggy"]

Jebus213

Its a waste of RAM and resources. It matters a lot in resource heavy games. I do 70-80FPS in BC2 and when I have my browser open I do around 30-40FPS.

I'm begining to get the feeling that this game is being rushed out. Hell, even MoH had an in-game browser. Or nobody would have used Battlelog if the game did have an in-game browser so they're going to force you to. Also this adds on to the list of reasons why BF3 isn't on Steam.

**** this game I won't be buying it.

Lol having a browser open wont ruin your FPS that much. I was playing BC2 last night at 50+ FPS while running multiple tabs, windows media player, terreria and a server for terreria.
USBxDVD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 USBxDVD
Member since 2011 • 520 Posts

Randoggy
Are you crazy? We lose a feature that almost all PC games have and we shouldnt complain? What is wrong with you?