BF: Hardline angryjoe review "It's a Cocky Doody reskin"

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Another excellent review from him. He pointed out lots of things no other reviewer did.

inb4lolwhocareaboutthisdude... well, if you don't, don't post in this thread.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

he's not even funny. who cares what he thinks?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@mems_1224: You do.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_

@mems_1224 said:

you watch reviews to laugh or learn what the **** is up with the game?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

He would have given BF4 a 4/10 on launch, but has more to complain about in Hardline and ends up giving it 5/10?

Is something wrong here?

And I find it surprising that none of the other reviewers out there mentioned the problems he encountered.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

so you ignore the facts he brings up because you don't find him funny?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator

Damn that shit was funny as hell silversix. Well done Angry Joe.

Like i said in another thread, paying $120 for the ultimate edition Origin didn't fit in my favors. I'll stick to BF3.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#8 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41560 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

He would have given BF4 a 4/10 on launch, but has more to complain about in Hardline and ends up giving it 5/10?

Is something wrong here?

And I find it surprising that none of the other reviewers out there mentioned the problems he encountered.

I recall him saying that Hardline was more stable at launch

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mems_1224

@lawlessx said:

@mems_1224 said:

so you ignore the facts he brings up because you don't find him funny?

oh, i didn't even watch the review so i dont even know if he liked it or not. im not giving him an extra view. for the record, i dont like hardline.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mems_1224

@silversix_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

i dont watch reviews because i know what i will and wont like. he tries too hard and some dude yelling into a camera isn't funny, its annoying. thats why almost all youtubers suck.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Can't wait to watch it when I have the time.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By silversix_

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

i dont watch reviews because i know what i will and wont like. he tries too hard and some dude yelling into a camera isn't funny, its annoying. thats why almost all youtubers suck.

you're the one trying too hard to dislike him and ignore all the valid points he mentioned.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I personally think he is one of the better reviewers.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox

@mems_1224 said:

Obviously you do enough to not only post in the thread, but to be the first person to post.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By foxhound_fox
@nintendoboy16 said:

I recall him saying that Hardline was more stable at launch

True, but that was still a really angry review.

And a lot of apathy towards the action set-pieces. It's almost funny how stuff that should be "wow'ing" people like him are just having him say "What the **** did I just watch?"

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Hmmm. Angry Joe. pass.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mems_1224

@silversix_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

you're the one trying too hard to dislike him and ignore all the valid points he mentioned.

I dont even know what points he mentioned. can't sit through his videos for more than a minute. "LOUD NOISES! LOUD NOISES! DUMB COSTUME!"-Every Angry Joe review ever.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

It'll be really interesting to see what he thinks of Bloodborne, if he reviews it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

i dont think he tries to hard. i think he's just that passionate about video games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator

It also appears that EA has never watch Cops episodes in there fucking life and this is coming from a guy who's been watching the show for decades.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 foxhound_fox

@mems_1224 said:

I dont even know what points he mentioned. can't sit through his videos for more than a minute. "LOUD NOISES! LOUD NOISES! DUMB COSTUME!"-Every Angry Joe review ever.

The fact that he dresses up in costume, does green screening and puts so much effort into the review makes me want to watch his reviews MORE than if he were to just sit in his bedroom and ramble on for 30 minutes about he hated/loved a game.

And if you actually watch his reviews, he actually brings up a lot of serious criticisms and has the video evidence to back it all up. He's one of the few truly honest reviews out there, and has no problem expressing his bias.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mems_1224

@foxhound_fox said:

@mems_1224 said:

The fact that he dresses up in costume, does green screening and puts so much effort into the review makes me want to watch his reviews MORE than if he were to just sit in his bedroom and ramble on for 30 minutes about he hated/loved a game.

And if you actually watch his reviews, he actually brings up a lot of serious criticisms and has the video evidence to back it all up. He's one of the few truly honest reviews out there, and has no problem expressing his bias.

sure, and if he presented his points in a way that wasn't pandering to all these dumb internet kids i'd probably be more interested. but since he's a youtuber and he needs hits he's going to just yell for an hour and dress up in dumb costumes for no reason and add some shitty special effects because thats what 15 year olds want to watch. no thanks.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 foxhound_fox

@mems_1224 said:

sure, and if he presented his points in a way that wasn't pandering to all these dumb internet kids i'd probably be more interested. but since he's a youtuber and he needs hits he's going to just yell for an hour and dress up in dumb costumes for no reason and add some shitty special effects because thats what 15 year olds want to watch. no thanks.

As a 28 year-old who enjoys his reviews more than mere bedroom rambling, you are definitely in the minority.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mems_1224

@foxhound_fox said:

@mems_1224 said:

As a 28 year-old who enjoys his reviews more than mere bedroom rambling, you are definitely in the minority.

great, you're 28 and have the sense of humor of a tween. congrats? i dont care if im in the minority or not. thats irrelevant.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

when did Angry Joe become so big? He has nearly 2 million subs now!

The only think that annoys the **** out of me it's his fanbase though, because it's more of a fandom of sheep. Whatever he says they take it to heart even if it is a mistake.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 foxhound_fox

@mems_1224 said:

great, you're 28 and have the sense of humor of a tween. congrats? i dont care if im in the minority or not. thats irrelevant.

First it's 15 year-olds, now it's pre-pubescents? The fact you can't nail down a demographic means you are just pulling these criticisms from your ass.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

Do we really need a thread anytime Angry Joe uploads a video? i know, i know bla bla bla is the only honest reviewer and sure he is funny and is pretty unbiassed as far as games go...however why do we need a new thread every time he reviews a new game? might as well create a new thread when ProJared makes a new review too.

Honestly, people who wants to watch AngryJoe is already suscribed to his channel on Youtube.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Is something wrong here?

Have you seen game critics play games? It's like they only focus on whether or not something works, not necessarily if something is balanced, and the amount of times they completely forget how something has been done to death in other games is hilarious. Besides I think the 4/10 on launch for BF4 seems earned, given that it was straight broken. Hardline is a mess, but not straight broken, just average or whatever.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@mems_1224 said:

Its all subject to opinion. I get that. I just don't see it. For me, he just comes across as an asshole. Granted, I think that's his schtick. I just cant' take him for more than a 5 minutes. I'll give him points for production values. For a youtuber, pretty slick. But man, almost 30 minutes per video. Little too much. Just my two cents. And I'm not criticizing you. If you like it, more power to you.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator

@Gue1 said:

when did Angry Joe become so big? He has nearly 2 million subs now!

The only think that annoys the **** out of me it's his fanbase though, because it's more of a fandom of sheep. Funny that everyone hates PDP but even though he's the biggest video game youtuber his fandom is nowhere near as bad or delusional.

Well he did purchase the Alienware Area 51 when he was thanking all his supporters who watch the show for years and he even mention that he reach over 2 millions subscribers and I'm one of his subs cause he points out what wrong with a game and AJ is my last stop when I'm ready to buy a game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jg4xchamp

@madsnakehhh said:

Do we really need a thread anytime Angry Joe uploads a video? i know, i know bla bla bla is the only honest reviewer and sure he is funny and is pretty unbiassed as far as games go...however why do we need a new thread every time he reviews a new game? might as well create a new thread when ProJared makes a new review too.

Honestly, people who wants to watch AngryJoe is already suscribed to his channel on Youtube.

They probably should, why does it even matter?

This forum has plenty of throw away bullshit threads on resolutions and typical games discussion, why not just post stuff like this or matthewmatosis. Forum has been a glorified games discussion forum with shit posting anyway.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mems_1224

@clone01 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@mems_1224 said:

Its all subject to opinion. I get that. I just don't see it. For me, he just comes across as an asshole. Granted, I think that's his schtick. I just cant' take him for more than a 5 minutes. I'll give him points for production values. For a youtuber, pretty slick. But man, almost 30 minutes per video. Little too much. Just my two cents. And I'm not criticizing you. If you like it, more power to you.

word, i dont get the appeal of most youtubers. total biscuit is alright i guess but he's kind of a pc snob. haven't found anyone else thats actually worth watching

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:

@clone01 said:

word, i dont get the appeal of most youtubers. total biscuit is alright i guess but he's kind of a pc snob. haven't found anyone else thats actually worth watching

On balance it's because the better ones do more detailed reviews and can go more in depth about the nuances of the game including plot stuff, which gaming reviews don't because they are so worried about spoiler. They come off less like a product review, and more reflective like a film review or something. Angry Joe is more in the product side, but in his case again it's the detail he's willing to go into explaining his pleasure or displeasure with the game. Plus consistency is a big thing with him, he's extremely no bullshit about what he expects to be worth 60 dollars.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Skipped in a minute, saw him complaining about single-player, skipped ten more mins in, still complaining about the SP, skipped to 23 minutes in and yet some more he's still complaining about the SP. Is he stupid? Everybody knows the single-player in these games are tacked on. The earlier iterations of this game didn't even have a single-player component, but were sold as full price games. Complaining that the SP component of these games are bad is like complaining about the singleplayer in the Left 4 Dead games. Or complaining about the multiplayer in a Mass Effect title. It just makes AJ sound like a moron - playing a multiplayer-based franchise yet having zero idea what the audience of these games are.

If he spent 5 minutes complaining about the SP in his review he'd be branded as clueless, but to spend 20+ minutes (if not the whole review, I didn't watch) harping on a game mode that people already know is tacked on does a good job on demonstrating the AJ is completely out of touch with gaming. The only people more clueless than AJ in the gaming scene are people who take his opinions seriously beyond being an entertainer. We're talking about the guy who complains about every big-business decision ever made, yet he wasted his fan's donation money on a ridiculously overpriced Alienware rig as an advertising stunt- so he's really no less a tool than the big-businesses that he whines about so often.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224
@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

@clone01 said:

On balance it's because the better ones do more detailed reviews and can go more in depth about the nuances of the game including plot stuff, which gaming reviews don't because they are so worried about spoiler. They come off less like a product review, and more reflective like a film review or something. Angry Joe is more in the product side, but in his case again it's the detail he's willing to go into explaining his pleasure or displeasure with the game. Plus consistency is a big thing with him, he's extremely no bullshit about what he expects to be worth 60 dollars.

I get that part but why to people enjoy getting yelled at?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

I get that part but why to people enjoy getting yelled at?

Comedy, I don't know. His humor is hit or miss with me, which is why I watch more Errant Signal, MrBTongue, SuperBunnyhop, and MatthewMatosis. I watch his stuff because in between his act he's genuinely thorough.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By silversix_

@KHAndAnime said:

Skipped in a minute, saw him complaining about single-player, skipped ten more mins in, still complaining about the SP, skipped to 23 minutes in and yet some more he's still complaining about the SP. Is he stupid? Everybody knows the single-player in these games are tacked on. The earlier iterations of this game didn't even have a single-player component, but were sold as full price games. Complaining that the SP component of these games are bad is like complaining about the singleplayer in the Left 4 Dead games. Or complaining about the multiplayer in a Mass Effect title. It just makes AJ sound like a moron - playing a multiplayer-based franchise yet having zero idea what the audience of these games are.

If he spent 5 minutes complaining about the SP in his review he'd be branded as clueless, but to spend 20+ minutes (if not the whole review, I didn't watch) harping on a game mode that people already know is tacked on does a good job on demonstrating the AJ is completely out of touch with gaming. The only people more clueless than AJ in the gaming scene are people who take his opinions seriously beyond being an entertainer. We're talking about the guy who complains about every big-business decision ever made, yet he wasted his fan's donation money on a ridiculously overpriced Alienware rig as an advertising stunt- so he's really no less a tool than the big-businesses that he whines about so often.

Its $60 package, you review the whole thing and not just multiplayer because "bf always was about multiplayer". His alienware is a laughable garbage, though lol

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

This game didn't even start life as a battlefield game, nor was it developed by dice.

Pretty much the only interesting looking thing about this from the very start was the campaign.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

If you would have seen the whole thing you would have known that it's because "It's a Cocky Doody reskin". He spends so much time in single player because it's surprising that with so many mechanics in it basically everything is thrown away in multiplayer. He just needed a little time to show how broken most of the new modes are and how basically returning modes are worse because they are limited by the cops and robber theme and lack of content. In the end he says that it's because of some episodes in the single player that he gave it a 5/10 otherwise it would be lower.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KHAndAnime

@silversix_ said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Its $60 package, you review the whole thing and not just multiplayer because "bf always was about multiplayer". His alienware is a laughable garbage, though lol

Battlefield 1942 was full priced, got 8.8 and labeled as Great by Gamespot. So was Battlefield 2 and got a 9.2. In fact, these games did very well on Metacritic and Gamerankings. Do you know why? The reviewers weren't into demonstrating how mentally handicapped they are by criticizing the game's for their lackluster single-player. The bulk of the work obviously went into the game's MP - to focus on criticizing the SP is an exercise in stupidity.

@topgunmv said:

This game didn't even start life as a battlefield game, nor was it developed by dice.

Pretty much the only interesting looking thing about this from the very start was the campaign.

Lolwhat? This game is a Battlefield game. It's in the title. Ever heard of that franchise? Yea - they all have bad single-player campaigns. Nothing new here.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

It'll be really interesting to see what he thinks of Bloodborne, if he reviews it.

That would be awesome but he most likely won't. He completely skipped out on the Souls Games. Demon's souls and dark souls he never got a chance to play. He then promised that he won't miss out on Dark Souls 2. He then did a 20 minute let's play video with other joe, but you could tell the game wasn't really his cup of tea.

Angryjoe is awesome, but I don't think he has the patience for the souls games.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

Who the hell is Angry Joe? Nevermind.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

That....thats just awful.

Guess I'm back to not getting this game.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KHAndAnime

@glez13 said:

If you would have seen the whole thing you would have known that it's because "It's a Cocky Doody reskin". He spends so much time in single player because it's surprising that with so many mechanics in it basically everything is thrown away in multiplayer. He just needed a little time to show how broken most of the new modes are and how basically returning modes are worse because they are limited by the cops and robber theme and lack of content. In the end he says that it's because of some episodes in the single player that he gave it a 5/10 otherwise it would be lower.

That's interesting because I found that the cops and robber theme breathes a lot of life into the multiplayer component. It's a lot of fun. AJ seems to just have the absolute wrong picture about the game. It's supposed to have a focus on infantry - it's not supposed to the identical to the usual Battlefield experience. His review isn't even the ballpark, I'm not sure why I'd wasted 40 mins watching something just to dig for any relevant criticisms he might have when so much of it is irrelevant.

EDIT: Scanned through it and AJ definitely had absolutely no worthwhile criticism. Hotwire is broken because you got too many points doing it? Ridiculous. So what if it earns progression faster than other modes? That'll be quickly patched out and tweaked. That's not a criticism demonstrating that the game mode is broken. Not realizing that these games are typically requiring lots of patching and tweaks on launch even launches AJ further out into space. At least Hardline is playable. BF4 within a couple weeks of its launch was a lot less playable than Hardline.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Battlefield 1942 was full priced, got 8.8 and labeled as Great by Gamespot. So was Battlefield 2 and got a 9.2. In fact, these games did very well on Metacritic and Gamerankings. Do you know why? The reviewers weren't into demonstrating how mentally handicapped they are by criticizing the game's for their lackluster single-player. The bulk of the work obviously went into the game's MP - to focus on criticizing the SP is an exercise in stupidity.

@topgunmv said:

Lolwhat? This game is a Battlefield game. It's in the title. Ever heard of that franchise? Yea - they all have bad single-player campaigns. Nothing new here.

Is this a foreign concept that you've never heard of? Other examples include Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Fear 3.

Publishers sometimes attach a brand name to a project mid development.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

His reviews are obviously some of the best. He spends a lot of time playing the games and you hear him talk about the strengths and weaknesses while he's playing so you can get a feeling for what it would be like.

Plus he's one of the few independent reviewers that will give an honest opinion good or bad. I don't give a crap about funny Joe is always spot on

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Playing it for review. It's pretty lame, i gotta say.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 silversix_

@KHAndAnime: yes, and in Hardline that effort wasn't put anywhere. This is the first battlefield title with shitty multi and campaign. If they keep giving us a campaign and its shitty every single god damn time, why can't reviewers mention it not getting better? How can a franchise exist for over a decade and fail in all its singleplayer campaigns (but BC1 to certain extent)? Who the f*** is writhing these? Ask yourself this simple question, why they suck soooooooooooooo much (very hard to find worst and more generic than what BF offers) and for this long? Some devs listen and make the sequel better. Others remove the campaign and sell it as multiplayer only cuz "x game is all about the multiplayer anyways". DICE doesn't give a f*** and still offers us a POS of a campaign and charge full price for their games. Nothing changed from a generation to another.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

As he is not a fan of the previous souls game I guess Bloodborne might not get a review. The only dark souls video I found on his channel was a 20 mins impression on it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41560 Posts

@topgunmv said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@topgunmv said:

Is this a foreign concept that you've never heard of? Other examples include Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Fear 3.

Publishers sometimes attach a brand name to a project mid development.

Nintendo has history of this too. See: Metroid Prime, Star Fox Adventures, Kirby's Epic Yarn, SMB2/USA etc