Bethesda, Bungie, Blizzard, and Bioware...the big B's who have completely lost it

• 60 results
lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Remember when these companies were so big that the world would stop when they showed/announced their games? RIP gaming. Now all they do is just let you down game after game.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Anthem looks good so...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They've lost all passion and have stuck with a cash cow formula rather than originality.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lifelessablaze

@Telekill said:

Anthem looks good so...

Then you realize what kind of game it is

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Telekill

@lifelessablaze: A co-op game to enjoy with friends and family?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Don't agree with Blizzard. Overwatch is awesome. Bethesda and Bungie still make bank even though the quality of their games have declined. Bioware is one more flop from ending up in the EA graveyard.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Was never a fan of any of those four companies (though star craft was great) so to me nothing was gain or lost.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Blizzard still makes good games. Overwatch is dope. The other 3 companies are jabronis tho.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lifelessablaze

@da_illest101 said:

Was never a fan of any of those four companies (though star craft was great) so to me nothing was gain or lost.

get a load of this weeb

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Not sure what you mean

Blizzard: WoW's last expansion is arguably one of their best. Diablo 3, despite a rocky start, has evolved into an excellent game and they are still breathing tons of life into it years after it's release. Overwatch is a hit game that can only be called a gaming sensation, a borderline pop-culture icon at this point. Starcraft is top-notch and proves that episodic content can be done right.

Bungie: meh, not really sure what anyone saw here. Halo was all right, I guess.

Bethesda: not sure why you would think they "lost it". They have the rights the Fallout, Quake, Elder Scrolls, Wolfenstein, and other titles; all those titles have given me hundreds of hours over the past few years, and imagine countless more over the next few. The "paid mod content" deal they did with Elder Scrolls was a step backward, but outside of that they're solid

Bioware: Andromeda was fun, but yeah...it sucked. Buuuuuuuuuuuut that's just one nail in the coffin, not all of them. So let's not call it yet. ME 1-3 are works of art, I've forgiven them for DA 2, and I still think DA: Inquisition was a good game (I know, I know...). Anthem looks dope, too! And let's not forget about their past decade or two of awesome games.

So yeah, out of the "B"s I'd say Bungie might be the only one to be concerned about. Honestly the only big dev-pub I am really concerned about is Ubisoft. I hope to god they don't screw up Beyond Good and Evil 2.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Blizzard's been hitting jackpots with everything they've made so dunno what you're talking about. Overwatch is a massive success, Hearthstone and HOTS are pretty popular and very good gaems by most accounts, WoW what else needs to be said? D3...it had a terrible launch but still sold extremely well, D4 is almost certainly being made.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Bungie is the weakest of all four. It has the smallest portfolio and smallest variety.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Overwatch is awesome, so Blizzard is cool in my books.

Bestheda gave us the new Doom and Dishonored so there's that.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Bethesda has only lost it because of the paid mods thing. Bringing up skyrim every six seconds would also be up there, but i doubt that actually takes up much manpower.

Blizzard seems to be doing fine.

Bioware was never great in my opinion. Dragon Age Origins is their best game and that came out years and years ago.

Is bungie doing anything but Destiny? Honestly dont know.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Um they all still have really big successful games? People were really really impressed with the new Wolfenstein. Bioware was a let down with Mass Effect but a lot of people are hyped for Anthem. Destiny is insanely big and Blizzard somehow keeps pumping out super popular games (not a fan of Overwatch but it's huge)

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Don't agree with Blizzard. Overwatch is awesome. Bethesda and Bungie still make bank even though the quality of their games have declined. Bioware is one more flop from ending up in the EA graveyard.

If you are talking money Bioware has Star Wars the Old Republic which probably puts them in second behind Blizzard with their World of Warcraft. Bioware also makes many games

My vote is Bungie. The general view was Destiny was shallow and a letdown and that is the only thing they do now. The other 3 are involved in multiple projects.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I can see argument for Bioware who has lost it, but despite Destiny's luke-warm reception from the gaming community, it's an incredibly successful and now influential game (The Division and Anthem are both directly influenced by Destiny). Destiny 2 will most likely take everything people loved about Destiny and improve on it. That's not a bad thing. The Destiny formula is fun and has potential but was stuck trying to figure itself out as well as had some serious story issues that actively degraded the experience.

Blizzard, on the other hand, just launched the most successful new IP in the FPS market in the past 10 years. They also are coming off of what's probably the best expansion pack to WoW in years. They obviously bungled Diablo 3's launch but not only have fixed it up completely, they expanded on it in a lot of positive ways with the expansion pack and further patches. Diablo 3 is probably the finest isometric, action RPG on the market today because of it. Blizzard is kicking ass and taking names. In by no way have they lost it.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

Remember when these companies were so big that the world would stop when they showed/announced their games? RIP gaming. Now all they do is just let you down game after game.

anthem looks good and ME:A is a good game (at least gameplay wise) even if the campaign doesn't live up to the series. the MP is still awesome and the campaign is still better then a lot of the junk out there.

FO4 was pretty good. as was wolfenstien and doom.

overwatch is awesome and still supported. diablo 3 was good as well

I'll give you bungie though, destiny was a trainwreck

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@drrollinstein: biowares best games came before dragon age was a thing

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

When is Blizzcon this year? :P

There's an argument for Bioware, but the others are still top notch. Sorry you can't like good games anymore.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

They've lost all passion and have stuck with a cash cow formula rather than originality.

As people keep paying and paying and paying ... they dont give a shit what you or i have to say. And theyll keep trashing everything for even more , easy money.

At least some of them bring it big time with new AAA IPs and trying hard to provide some AAA experiences. Some of them though ... getting slapped from Free 2 play or games made by very small studios with few thousands budget games over and over and thats sad. Some example

Warframe >> Destiny

Path of Exile >> Diablo 3

LOL/DOTA 2 >> HotS

MANY GAMES >>> Dragon Age

and the list goes on and on

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I have been playing Bethesda games since Daggerfall and they have yet to disappoint me.

I do agree with Bungie and BioWare, though.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Bethesda geta a bad rep for no reason imo. Blizzard is blizzard nuff said. Bungie was a one trick pony, and it shows. I have always felt Bioware was overrated.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Pretty soon TC is going to be playing with rocks because ..... you know 'life sucks and everything is shit'

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DrRollinstein

@howmakewood said:

Ill concede that point. I honestly had no clue they made so many high end games early on. Had to look it up just now.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Sorry but Bioware and Bethesda are still amazing, you can nit pick all you fraking want it doesn't change the fact they still release awesome games. Blizzard has gone to shit with Legion turning WoW into World of Gate craft and how much of a colossal let down patch 7.2, Overwatch is still the poor mans/derpy mp shooter for plebs that got praised for having less maps and modes than any mp shooter that released (now they have some modes and maps compared to it's first 6 months of release). Then you have Bungie, probably the bottom of the barrel of devs atm, they just hit the ground so fraking hard after leaving MS and how Destiny turned out I have no desire to get into Destiny 1.5 .......I mean Destiny 2.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

Bethesda geta a bad rep for no reason imo. Blizzard is blizzard nuff said. Bungie was a one trick pony, and it shows. I have always felt Bioware was overrated.

kinda hard to call Bungie a one trick pony when Destiny is successful.

Bioware however are pretty much a shell of who they once were. Long gone are the days when i got excited when they announced anything.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@Mercenary848 said:

kinda hard to call Bungie a one trick pony when Destiny is successful.

Bioware however are pretty much a shell of who they once were. Long gone are the days when i got excited when they announced anything.

Please.....they were trying to go for that Halo magic. A one trick pony doesn't mean they only are successful once, it means that they just give us the same thing over and over.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Overwatch?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#30  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@lifelessablaze:

Bethesda is still great. I can't say the same for Bungie and Bioware though.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Bethesda always pushes for better games. Yea the elder scrolls card game is a cash grab, but that doesn't deter from the rest of what they put out.

Blizzard is great in terms of quality. Diablo 3 was a let down. Hearthstone and HOTS are cash grabs. SC is always solid. Overwatch is still one of the best MP fps. And they have Destiny 2 coming out.

Bioware is trash, never thought they were good. Anthem might change my opinion.

Bungie is lumped in with the Destiny 2 release which gives them a pass. Everything else, which I believe is only the plethora of Halo games that haven't been good in comparison to the first.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Bethesda Game Studios is trash. Bethesda the publisher has been doing fine work despite Zenimax being evil incarnate.

Blizzard is a fickle one. Legion is WoD 2.0. A clusterfuck of an expansion where the only highlight was raiding. I stay only because my guild is full of great people that I like normal/heroic raiding and playing other games with, and I can keep my subscription going with tokens. Otherwise I would've left during Emerald Nightrmare. I have a lot to say about this expansion but I don't want to write an essay. I'm done with it after this expansion though. Overwatch is polarizing. My main gripe with it are the design philosophies behind lootboxes. I'll still hop in and play for a day or two every month. Diablo 3 has the best combat for isometric ARPGs but the story mode unfortunately still happened. Really sucks the director left and the expansion was rumored to be scrapped, which is why we got some new areas in patches and the Necromancer pack. Same with SC2 sadly. The trilogy's story is so damn awful. Don't know what the future has in hold for SC, but probably another long hiatus. HotS is ok but I don't play moba games anymore. Don't care for Hearthstone. I'm looking forward to what Rob Pardo's new studio will put out since some core talent has left Blizzard to join it.

Bioware hasn't made a good game since DA:O. Anthem sure did look pretty though. Looks like the main studio finally learned how to use Frostbite.

Bungie is ok. Never was a fan of Halo and Destiny was kinda fun but hated playing with a controller. Getting Destiny 2 cause all my friends are grabbing it for PC.

dz8t2t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dz8t2t
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

What about Bicrosoft?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

Bioware has Anthem and I'm the one who's looking forward to that game the most.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

@drrollinstein said:
@howmakewood said:

Ill concede that point. I honestly had no clue they made so many high end games early on. Had to look it up just now.

Damn, you've missed out.

Baldur's Gate II and Star Wars KOTOR are two of the best games of all time.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I never played WoW, I had some interest but knew how addictive it was and didn't want it eating time I use to play all other kinds of games. Destiny, despite all the rage of it falling short of expectations, it is still a dangerously addicting game (I mean, I seriously have to avoid playing it in fear I won't stop and I won't play anything else) and I bet the sequel even more-so, and Bethesda I don't quite get why everyone is raging on them, I mean I heard reasons, I just think it's bullshit. Oh well, if I cared to defend them at someone else's expense then I'd go "durr durr EA is the worse durrrr", but then again I love EA games too. Jeez, when did did the gaming community just become a cesspool of haters who don't know fun.

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

Bioware I was so luoking forward to ME Andromeda, I still played it but did not grab me as much.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Meh

I'm still a big Bethesda fan. Fallout 4 was a bit of a letdown after Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I'll pre-order the next Elder Scrolls game as soon as they announce it. Despite the flaws in their games, they still give me what I want overall. A massive, immersive sandbox to play around in with a ton of lore that I find interesting.

Now, if they don't learn from their mistakes and the next Elder Scrolls has the same outdated engine, is even further stripped down to appeal to a mass audience, etc...then they can eat a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Other than Bungie I'm not seeing what you're talking about. Maybe you're just becoming a more sour person.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DrRollinstein

@ToScA- said:
@drrollinstein said:
@howmakewood said:

Damn, you've missed out.

Baldur's Gate II and Star Wars KOTOR are two of the best games of all time.

Oh i know they exist. I actually own both KOTOR games and plan to play them soonish, hopefully if the new BC works for xbox. But i just never noticed bioware made them. That definitely raises my opinion of them a good amount.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lifelessablaze

I don't get why people are looking at Overwatch and thinking Blizzard is still on top. Overwatch compared to the games they put out back in the day would have been a damn joke.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Telekill

@nibbin1191: Looks like what Destiny originally said it would be. We're still a year out so we'll see what it becomes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

times change.. so what.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

None of the talent that made those companies great exists anymore.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

Bioware you could argue a legit case for, DA2 trash, ME3 great game mired by a trash ending, DA inquisition trash getting in the way of a good game that is there somewhere underneath all the trash, MEA a polished gun play experience but everything else severely under cooked. The last games I enjoyed without question were DAO and ME2.

Bungie, well Destiny for all it's faults is still a fun experience, everyone who played could sense the potential hence why so many kept playing, we know there were issues behind the scenes with key staff leaving etc. Destiny 2 essentially looks to be what Destiny should have launched as. Now when you consider Bungie's modern offerings have gone like this Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, Destiny, Destiny 2 it's hard to argue they're a failure.

Blizzard, between WOW, Hearthstone, Overwatch and Starcraft it's pretty much impossible to paint them as failures.

Bethesda, Now this is interesting Bethesda Softworks the publisher has a habit of releasing mid tier games or games that have a dedicated fan base but not wide appeal outside of the faithful, they have the rights to some of the biggest IP's in the industry as well though and hence are a real mixed bag. The two biggest IP's in the stable currently are Fallout and the Elder scrolls, both made by Bethesda Game Studios both Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim have seen huge success, the introduction of console mods was also a great innovation and has kept these games relevant far longer than they otherwise would be. With that said Beth Softworks have made some questionable calls, the digital card game was a blatant cash grab following hearthstones explosion, Elder scrolls online is a pale shadow of the single player experience and Skyrim is currently on it's 300th re-release and paid mods are rearing their heads again in what form exactly remains to be seen.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#48 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Blizzard is still great.

No_bo_dy_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By No_bo_dy_83
Member since 2017 • 142 Posts

Blizzard?? Why?

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

The correct answer here is Bungie. Bethesda hangs on by a small thread thanks to Fallout and Elder Scrolls being just slightly competent. Blizzard has a homerun hit with Overwatch and other titles. Bioware just slightly hangs on due to the fact I found MEA just playable and fun. But that story needed some work. I wish they would stop with the MP and stick with building a good single player but that neither here nor there.