Bethesda announces official release dates for PSVR Editions of Skyrim and Doom (yesyesyesyes)

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ryu_silveira: Congrats you rustled the jimmies of PSVR's biggest defenders in reduck and hairyquacknight lmfao.

Thanks i enjoyed the laugh :)

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Cows getting milked again with skyrim lmao

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I just got my Vive yesterday night ^_^

I made my dad set up the boxes and I got to try it for a while. The tracking is still reallllly bad (I think it's because one wall is a dark mirror.) but when it worked, for say 5 seconds in a row, it was really cool. I threw a twig at a robot doggy but I couldn't pet it or it would lose tracking haha! It looked like my controller was shooting away from me, and sometimes just disappeared and stuff.

So I'll definitely have to do something about the tracking, but I'm going all in on VR cause it rules. I'm now replacing my gpu (the 780 ti) cause it's crapping out on me after trying VR (artifacting). It was like the Vive broke its mind.

Anyway I also got to try the PSVR a few weeks ago and I have to say, all this technology is clearly the first iteration. Most of it is inconvenient, and takes a bit of tinkering and money to make it work well... But it's also really cool once you get it to work so I hope more people will at least go to a store somewhere to try it out and be a little forgiving for some of the obvious imperfections. It's fucking awesome when it works.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@pinkanimal said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ryu_silveira said:
@i_p_daily said:

@reduc_ab_: Ah so lems being happy with playing old games is bad, and yet you're hyping Skyrim lol.

LOL! Man System Wars has been on fire lately with the jokes...lmfao. I'm waiting for Skyrim to hit mobile next!

VR mobile lol.

It's funny because cows are paying for what is the same game with an extra mode attached, and a mode where one has to hold onto what is commonly referred to here as dildos, talk about getting screwe...I mean milked :P

At least cows are not paying $500 for a console which main attraction is that it plays last and last last gen games. Even their new games like Crackdown 3 look last gen.

Skyrim is last gen game..

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

I'm not a VR fan but its good t osee actual games releasing for various VR devices...the problem is that none of these games were originally designed for VR and the majority of people would alreday have played a lot of these games, so who is going to shell out big bucks for a headset and then a game they already bought?

This is a bit like movies that are converted into 3D...it's a gimmick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@soul_starter said:

I'm not a VR fan but its good t osee actual games releasing for various VR devices...the problem is that none of these games were originally designed for VR and the majority of people would alreday have played a lot of these games, so who is going to shell out big bucks for a headset and then a game they already bought?

This is a bit like movies that are converted into 3D...it's a gimmick.

3D movies are nothing, nothing like true VR. It doesn't even come close. Updating a game for VR support makes it an entirely new experience. It is literally night and day. For example, looking at a ten-inch long dragon fly over you on a TV screen is cool, right? Now take that dragon and make it life-size, and actually stand underneath it inside of the game world. That dragon is going to feel 60+ feet long instead of ten inches, I promise. And it is going to be terrifying. Actually try VR before you knock it, dude. When it's done right, and is not some shovelware crap, it is simply amazing to experience.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@reduc_ab_: First I was not merely comparing the tech between vr and 2d I'm comparing what happens when you convert something from one medium to another. When games not initially designed for a certain medium are converted to another, it may stil lwork but it's not THE experience because it is not authentic enough.

As for trying VR, I have. It's rubbish for movies and ok for games if you have the space, the time and the money. Now, as we get more aaa games for the medium, things may improve.