Battlefield 3 Reuses Props From Bad Company 2

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"]

It shows DICE's lack of effort to create new props for one of their biggest releases in history. "Not enough resources? Just reuse things from old games. We got people to defend us. Til no end."

StrongDeadlift

Are you seriously implying 6 feeble and insignificant architectures that look similiar to the ones in BC2 = Lazy developers? Dam bro....

No, he is implying that this EXACT same topic was a huge discussion YESTERDAY (aka ONE day ago) reguarding Modern Warfare 3 doing the same thing, and now 24 hours later the robotically programmed battlefield fans are turning a blind eye to their own game doing the exact same thing ;)

Thanks for ignroing my responses, the CoD fans are much MUCH worse than the battlefield fans, I don't even understand why you would even come close to thinking that.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"] look at MW3's metacritic user score, and then look at its reception on these boards. ....:lol: WiiMan21

You mean the metacritic user score that all the 12 year old Battlefield fanboys were robotically programmed to fill out 1.0 reviews DAY ONE when the game came out? ;)

God Battlefield fanboys are the saddest body of individuals I have ever encountered in the gaming community. Biggest hippocrites ever.

Battlefield fanboys are dismissing this, yet this EXACT same topic was a HUGE discussion yesterday about MW3 doing the same thing, and they were laughing about it. Now, just one day later, when BF3 does it, they dont care :lol:

BF3 fanboys also said that MW2 and Blackops only got good metacritic reviews because they bribed reviewers, yet when it came out that EA was doing the same, they said "hey, we cant blame them" :roll:

Also, ironically, they say that CoD is nothing but COD kiddies, yet they display WAY more childish behavior than any COD player ive encountered.

Are you joking? I know a ton of people, myself included that was just completely let down by MW3. Sure I expected BF3 to be better from the get go being I played all of the BF games and all of the CoD games, but MW3 has literally not excuse to be as copy and pasted as much as it was.

The point of my post was not to argue which game does it more, or make excuses, as I could care less for either game. Both games are garbage imo. The point of my post was to expose the hypocracy and inconsistency of feeble minded programmed robots.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
Thanks for ignroing my responses, the CoD fans are much MUCH worse than the battlefield fans, I don't even understand why you would even come close to thinking that.WiiMan21
I was typing my response before you posted this. But im glad you said this because here is a post I made yesterday in the MW3 thread about a Battlefield fanboy PMing me on here: Keep in mind I did not reply to this message, this quote was me posting in the MW3 thread. [QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]Just logged on for the first time in 6 hours to see this message in my inbox :lol: (im 100% serious. and no I didnt make an alt account and send this to myself)
**** YOU **** BF3 SCORED THE SAME AS YOUR **** MW3 YOU WERE SAYING BF3 WAS GOING TO SCORE 7.5 NOOBcoldsteel321
Really bro? Did you honestly take the time out of your life to PM me this? Internet is serious business :? just lol. also Lol'd at his"Your MW3" assuming I even care about either game. All this does is prove that whatever is in Battlefield 3, Wholly crap it has done a number on Battlefield fanboys minds :lol: inb4 people accuse me of making this all up and trolling, implying that I actually care enough to go through all the effort over 2 videogames Ive never cared about reguardless :lol: I just came home to this.

For the unaware, the reason this guy PMed me on here is likely because I had "BF3 = Beta Fail 3" in my sig which I put as a joke, and committed ZERO thought into doing so (I even forgot it was up there). And because I made a thread saying BF3 was going to flop (which it did). What this person failed to realize though is that I had "MW3 = Money Wasted 3rd Time" as my signature for a long time (even LONGER than the BF3 trolling sig), and not ONCE have I ever recieved hate mail from a COD player. Yet this guy meditated on my words for weeks hoping to "own" me with the score of a game I do not care about. Honestly, I didnt even need to post this to prove my point. I could simply link you to the comment section of ANY CoD youtube video filled with rabbid BF fans trolling comments and call it a day.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 WiiMan21

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

You mean the metacritic user score that all the 12 year old Battlefield fanboys were robotically programmed to fill out 1.0 reviews DAY ONE when the game came out? ;)

God Battlefield fanboys are the saddest body of individuals I have ever encountered in the gaming community. Biggest hippocrites ever.

Battlefield fanboys are dismissing this, yet this EXACT same topic was a HUGE discussion yesterday about MW3 doing the same thing, and they were laughing about it. Now, just one day later, when BF3 does it, they dont care :lol:

BF3 fanboys also said that MW2 and Blackops only got good metacritic reviews because they bribed reviewers, yet when it came out that EA was doing the same, they said "hey, we cant blame them" :roll:

Also, ironically, they say that CoD is nothing but COD kiddies, yet they display WAY more childish behavior than any COD player ive encountered.

StrongDeadlift

Are you joking? I know a ton of people, myself included that was just completely let down by MW3. Sure I expected BF3 to be better from the get go being I played all of the BF games and all of the CoD games, but MW3 has literally not excuse to be as copy and pasted as much as it was.

The point of my post was not to argue which game does it more, or make excuses, as I could care less for either game. Both games are garbage imo. The point of my post was to expose the hypocracy and inconsistency of feeble minded programmed robots.

Difference being that there will be people there to defend a game, whether it has a major fan base or not. When it comes to battlefield however it's different, they don't get a game every year like CoD. Fan boys generally are not hypocrites, but rather just silly being that it's dumb to argue about reviews (which is one persons opinion, not your own), or sales (Which doesn't always indicate a good game, see CoD or some Wii titles). If you don't mean to argue I apologize, your posts do seem to bash BF3 a bit, amongst fans of the game, and if you're not attempting to argue don't go about talking games in such a way.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 WiiMan21
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"] I was typing my response before you posted this. But im glad you said this because here is a post I made yesterday in the MW3 thread about a Battlefield fanboy PMing me on here: [QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]Just logged on for the first time in 6 hours to see this message in my inbox :lol: (im 100% serious. and no I didnt make an alt account and send this to myself)
**** YOU **** BF3 SCORED THE SAME AS YOUR **** MW3 YOU WERE SAYING BF3 WAS GOING TO SCORE 7.5 NOOBcoldsteel321
Really bro? Did you honestly take the time out of your life to PM me this? Internet is serious business :? just lol. also Lol'd at his"Your MW3" assuming I even care about either game. All this does is prove that whatever is in Battlefield 3, Wholly crap it has done a number on Battlefield fanboys minds :lol: inb4 people accuse me of making this all up and trolling, implying that I actually care enough to go through all the effort over 2 videogames Ive never cared about reguardless :lol: I just came home to this.

For the unaware, the reason this guy PMed me on here is likely because I had "BF3 = Beta Fail 3" in my sig which I put as a joke, and committed ZERO thought into doing so (I even forgot it was up there). And because I made a thread saying BF3 was going to flop (which it did). What this person failed to realize though is that I had "MW3 = Money Wasted 3rd Time" as my signature for a long time (even LONGER than the BF3 trolling sig), and not ONCE have I ever recieved hate mail from a COD player. Yet this guy meditated on my words for weeks hoping to "own" me with the score of a game I do not care about. Honestly, I didnt even need to post this to prove my point. I could simply link you to the comment section of ANY CoD youtube video filled with rabbid BF fans trolling comments and call it a day.

The stupidity of one user doesn't reflect an entire fan base. If this was the case, the CoD fanboys are much, much worse.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"] look at MW3's metacritic user score, and then look at its reception on these boards. ....:lol: StrongDeadlift

and CoD trolls raged all over the BF3 metacritic page too....fanboys are fanboys no matter what side, both are equally idiots
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#57 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Who cares as long as most get blown up.:P

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I guess Majoras Mask is a completely FAIL game then...and no it isnt ;).

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Why is that a big deal? Devs do this often.

When I first played Gears of War, one of the first things I noticed was that so many objects were reused in Unreal Tournament III. Epic is a lazy dev! :o

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="USBxDVD"]

Not saying Im surprised. Its expected from DICE. Even with this evidence, many of you will defend BF3 till no end. What are your opinions on this?

USBxDVD

So what...?

See what I mean people? Defend til no end.

it kinda doesnt matter. that happens in a TON of games. its the geometry of a building that they re-textured. so what. that doesnt make it a bad game and its not noticable until people do comparisons like this. calm down, mate.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

and what is MW3? ctrl A ctrl C ctrl V

at least the transition from BC 2 and Battlefield three was more reserved when they decided to copy and paste.

Dead-Memories

Uninformed people like you make me sick. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get an FPS shooter running at 60FPS with no screen tearing or framerate problems? Battlefield struggles to hold up a 30FPS framerate and is no where near as addictive or as high quality as COD4 let alone MW3. It also has screen tearing everywhere, EVERYWHERE. COD will continue to trounce Battlefield in sales while EA does it's best to snatch the left over scraps. Anyone that talks bad about COD is so freaking stupid, from a technical perspective at least. Go play screen tear Battletear 3 that chugs along.

Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Firebird-5
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
there's nothing wrong with it. why make completely new models when you've got them already - complete with destruction data? I'd rather them concentrate on adding new buildings and destructibles (and they have, plenty of them - BC2 didn't have destructible office buildings) as well as keeping the old ones for extra content (is there anything wrong with them...?). It also allows them more time to work on stuff like the flight model, extra vehicles, weapons, etc. so what's the problem?
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Firebird-5

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

at least the transition from BC 2 and Battlefield three was more reserved when they decided to copy and paste.

Headpopper333

Uninformed people like you make me sick. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get an FPS shooter running at 60FPS with no screen tearing or framerate problems? Battlefield struggles to hold up a 30FPS framerate and is no where near as addictive or as high quality as COD4 let alone MW3. It also has screen tearing everywhere, EVERYWHERE. COD will continue to trounce Battlefield in sales while EA does it's best to snatch the left over scraps. Anyone that talks bad about COD is so freaking stupid, from a technical perspective at least. Go play screen tear Battletear 3 that chugs along.

well you sure don't know much. just enable vsync to get rid of screentearing lol. it's easy to make CoD 60fps because it's been done before like 5 times. BF3 was a completely new engine. Also blops was a horrible mess in that regard
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WiiMan21

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

Headpopper333

It's not hard to do when you're using an engine from 2007, Battlefield 3 runs very well on a new engine that kicks out a lot more than even some of the new top of the line engines. When it comes to the game, most of what you said it your opinion. I find CoD's fast paced gameplay to be very repetitive, why? because I've been playing the same thing for almost 4 years. Sales does not indicate the quality of a game, and the game honestly does not screen tear as much as you claim. You sir, are in fact as uninformed, if not more uninformed than the user you quoted.

Edit: see user above for more info, and if you're playing BF3 on consoles it's completely different than BF3 on PC.

If you play CoD on PC, you won't get as much as a change as you would with BF on the PC.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

You're absolutely right. They did a terrible thing and are terrible human beings. Their game is now garbage. Forget the gameplay, they used identical buildings. Wtf man. That's just going too far. DICE is doomed confirmed. :roll:

Big **** deal mate? I don't see the problem here.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
its cool... its only bad when cod does it for some reason. Bf has a hate shield.
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Firebird-5
[QUOTE="campzor"]its cool... its only bad when cod does it for some reason. Bf has a hate shield.

probably because the props in cod don't do anything except stand there - there's no reason why you can't model a more thematically appropriate piece. Bf3's are destructible. I mean, why is this a problem? They created tons of new buildings - more than BC2 ever had.
jjccjj92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jjccjj92
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

I bet most of you who have no problem with this were crapping all over Call of Duty when MW3 reused a building from MW1. Double standards much? It's only bad when CoD does it, amirite?

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

i think this debate is stupid. who cares about reused models for basic buildings. it doesnt matter. i recall in CoD: WaW, there was a map that had the same building as the nazi zombies building. i noticed it, and i didnt care. if you care about recycled building designs while completely disregarding the massive gameplay updates BF3 had, then you really need to get your priorities straight.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="anshul89"]

It's still miles better than Call of Duty.

WiiMan21
How is it better?

Read through the thread, basically Modern Warfare 3 is Modern Warfare 2 copy and pasted.

Basically a sequel to a game should reinvent the entire game with each sequel? Imagine that. Ya know, when I was playing mw3 last night I was camping like crazy with my one man army toobs and waiting for people to run by me so I could commando pro them to get my nuke. Wait, no I wasn't. I always wondered, what is COD supposed to do different than the previous game? Should Infinity Ward be required to reinvent the game EVERY single time they release a DIRECT sequel to their previous game? They changed the maps, changed the perks, changed the weapons(still didn't put the g3 back :(), changed the killstreak system, added a couple of game modes, and did a new(but continued) story line. What is a sequel supposed to do? Ok so I pay full price for it, I can understand that argument... I imagine that movie theaters don't charge me less to see a sequel to a movie. I haven't played BF3, other than the Buggy Beta.. but what has BF3 changed over BF:BC2? I know, new game engine with pretty graphics and now you can go prone.. but what else?
lorddaggeroff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#71 lorddaggeroff
Member since 2008 • 2433 Posts

Thats' valid point if dice reuse same propes them buying a expensivepc soley for that reasons irrelevant since we have played rehash on new engine.

Looks back; Medal honour new engine same stuff with same content, while this was relevent at time becuase no body was talking about grpahic whor!@# so yeah.

So now cats out of bag nothings really changed.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 campzor
[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="dotWithShoes"] How is it better?

Read through the thread, basically Modern Warfare 3 is Modern Warfare 2 copy and pasted.

Basically a sequel to a game should reinvent the entire game with each sequel? Imagine that. Ya know, when I was playing mw3 last night I was camping like crazy with my one man army toobs and waiting for people to run by me so I could commando pro them to get my nuke. Wait, no I wasn't. I always wondered, what is COD supposed to do different than the previous game? Should Infinity Ward be required to reinvent the game EVERY single time they release a DIRECT sequel to their previous game? They changed the maps, changed the perks, changed the weapons(still didn't put the g3 back :(), changed the killstreak system, added a couple of game modes, and did a new(but continued) story line. What is a sequel supposed to do? Ok so I pay full price for it, I can understand that argument... I imagine that movie theaters don't charge me less to see a sequel to a movie. I haven't played BF3, other than the Buggy Beta.. but what has BF3 changed over BF:BC2? I know, new game engine with pretty graphics and now you can go prone.. but what else?

well if dice do it , then so should IW... oh wait... dice doesnt do it...
SrpskiVojnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SrpskiVojnik
Member since 2011 • 166 Posts

Not saying Im surprised. Its expected from DICE. Even with this evidence, many of you will defend BF3 till no end. What are your opinions on this?

USBxDVD

That BF3 and BF1942 bunker comparison is just LOL.

bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"]

[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"] Translated: "I have no comeback so I will just say this instead".el3m2tigre

It shows DICE's lack of effort to create new props for one of their biggest releases in history. "Not enough resources? Just reuse things from old games. We got people to defend us. Til no end."

Are you seriously implying 6 feeble and insignificant architectures that look similiar to the ones in BC2 = Lazy developers? Dam bro....

Its called a troll for a reason. Nobody would actually make this argument against a game. Every single game sequel does this, it saves time, money and resources.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"]

bri360

Its called a troll for a reason. Nobody would actually make this argument against a game. Every single game sequel does this, it saves time, money and resources.

except when CoD does it.. it's bad.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="bri360"]

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

dotWithShoes

except when CoD does it.. it's bad.

Andy why is that?
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

BF3 recreated good models in a brand new engine?

The humanity!

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

Well, I must say i'm a little suprise... as a BF series fan, but then again... other games do the same thing... I guess Dev are geting lazy and cuting corners... Oh well...

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

Why shouldnt they? A barrel, a wall, a milk carton still all look the same no matter what engine theyre running. Most developers have a certain style when it comes to modeling so its going to be similar anyway. Look at Valve and the similarities between all their Source games.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

USBxDVD

MW.... . ...... .. . .. ..... ......... ... ...blows?

Johnx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Johnx360
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

Headpopper333

Screentearing? I dont suffer from any screen tearing also im running the game at about 70FPS (Just FYI that 10FPS higher then MW3s maxfps. And yea also i got 90 FOV what have MW3 got? 60?) And iagree on CoD4 being a high quality game (so was BF2) but MW3 is just copy-paste.

And btw doesnt MW3 have P2P servers? Yea shure that worked great in MW2!

(Also FYI i have played BF/CoD since the first games and yea it gone downhill since CoD4 which was amazing the games after that was pretty much "meh" and MW3 is just silly hopefully they can fix the CoD series in the future have been waiting for a new amazing CoD but since WaW i have been dissapointed everytime.)

-Jashan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 -Jashan-
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts
[QUOTE="Lief_Ericson"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="Dead-Memories"] look at MW3's metacritic user score, and then look at its reception on these boards. ....:lol:

I rather look at the 9+ million people who went out and purchased it yesterday. You really think most of the people on metacritic even played the game?

Seriously all the meta user scores are butt hurt fanboys who gave it a 0, cant be taken seriously at all and I dont even like MW

The fans who give it a 10 for no reason other than being cod fans balance out the ones who give it a 0 for no reason.
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

Headpopper333

Nope, not hard at all. COD looks like crap, 60 FPS is expected.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Welcome to game development? I refuse to believe that this isn't an extremely common thing. If you need a building that looks a particular way and you have on file, what is the point of spending time, money on a new one?
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#85 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

And your point TC, is?

Lots og games do that. Games aren't going to build an entirely new engine with all new proprs and features with every single iteration. Battlefield 3 came out less then 2 years after Bad Company 2, using an improved version of their engine. It doesn't keep the game from getting great scores, and its not like they used those same 5 damn buildings they had in Bad Company 2.

Besides, MW3, Uncharted 3, and lots of other games did that, I don't see you ragging on them. Double standards much?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

And your point TC, is?

Lots og games do that. Games aren't going to build an entirely new engine with all new proprs and features with every single iteration. Battlefield 3 came out less then 2 years after Bad Company 2, using an improved version of their engine. It doesn't keep the game from getting great scores, and its not like they used those same 5 damn buildings they had in Bad Company 2.

Besides, MW3, Uncharted 3, and lots of other games did that, I don't see you ragging on them. Double standards much?

SPYDER0416
That's because it's probably a CoD fanboy who hates BF.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

what is the point of spending time, money on a new one? Ravensmash

You don't live in a US city, do you.:D

Rovelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#88 Rovelius
Member since 2006 • 3252 Posts

Dark Souls used a whole bunch of sound and visual stuff from Demon's Souls. Does it suck? Nope...

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
Yeah BF3 is now unplayable, there are some similar buildings. In fact I saw a house that looked the same design as mine the other day. I think I'm going to bulldoze my house, I can't live in it knowing it was a reused architecture.
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

And not a single **** was given that day.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6263/nasf.jpg

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#91 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

anshul89
MW3 = BF3 on here :)
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#92 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

ocstew

Nope, not hard at all. COD looks like crap, 60 FPS is expected.

COD4 for one looks fantastic. Sure it's not graphics king but crap?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I heard they copied the mouse controls from BF2 along with the keys WSAD for movement......

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
If you have art assets of the necessary level of quality, why spend time remaking them when you can spend it developing new content instead?
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#95 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

[QUOTE="anshul89"]

FPSfan1985

That depends completely on who you ask. Comminutity wide I would bet my next pay check on the fact most would disagree with you.

CoD is the Paris Hilton of gaming now days. She's popular because...she's popular.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
Oh sure, some buildings .... on large maps you dont expect this? its something so minor.... considering everything else is different even the mechanics of the game... can you say that about CoD? (and yes, dont try to troll us by pretending this isnt about CoD.)  Is all that has to be said.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 campzor
its common practice for programmers to re-use code... nothing new here people.. lets go back to hating cod though for when it does it
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#98 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i don't get it. same building structure. it's not like the real world isn't full of similar-looking buildings. and some of those (most of those) make for great positioning elements. but then again, when you said this: [QUOTE="USBxDVD"]

many of you will defend BF3 till no end

USBxDVD

you pretty much said "i don't care about your opinion, it's wrong and thus invalid by default unless you agree with me", so there really isn't much room for discussion here.

The normal response would be "Yeah, DICE should have made new props.", "I guess they were too lazy or didnt have enough resources to make new props that were just as good as the ones they reused.", "Yeah it sucks they reused props, but its not that bad."

Instead we have responses like "So what...?", "MW3 did too!", "I dont care." If you arent smart enough to realize it, those are the responses of a fanboy. Rejecting all forms of criticism and redirecting it at something else.

why would they need to create new props? the building works, so do you want them to build some twisted medieval tower, because they already used a construction site for bc2?
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]Oh sure, some buildings .... on large maps you dont expect this? its something so minor.... considering everything else is different even the mechanics of the game... can you say that about CoD? (and yes, dont try to troll us by pretending this isnt about CoD.)  Is all that has to be said.

lol wait really?
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#100 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

Headpopper333

Its not hard to get a game running at 60fps when the res is below 720p lol. and yeah you can also blame that to the fact that console hardware is 5 years old. oh and bf3 has no screen tearing for me, because I play in PC