Battlefield 1, should I get it for PC or PS4 Pro?

• 84 results
chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

Planning on buying a PS4 Pro. I have my pc hooked up to a 1080p Dell Ultra Sharp monitor and an I7 4790K CPU, Nvidia 970 GPU, but debating on getting it for PS4PRo because it will be in 4k, or upscaled to 4k. Which would you guys get? I do have a Samsung KS8000 4k TV.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

PC will be chock full of cheaters, like always.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

PC.

PS4Pro is 4K, but like, we can say it is, but it isn't. As in, straight up lying.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@chriscoolguy: Get whichever controls you want to use; keyboard and mouse vs controller. Or the platform you have the most friends on. If you don't care about either of those, PC is the way to go, usually.

@Zen_Light said:

PC will be chock full of cheaters, like always.

I rarely ever see any cheaters in Battlefield games... In fact, I have played Battlefield 4 a few times this week and saw none.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: Yeah, I don't think I ever came across cheaters in Battlefield 4.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Upscaling is teh awesome now, haven't you heard?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Get the version your mates will be playing.

If you want the best performing version then PC without a doubt.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

depends, do you like to play with accurate input device or do you prefer artificial difficulty using an inferior one(tho this is still available on pc if you want to enable hard mode)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

PC version will be a ghost town after a couple of months, I'm calling it.

Get the PS4Pro version if you want to be playing it months from now. The biggest BF community is on Sony's consoles for whatever reason, and if BF1 ends up like Battlefront like I think it will, the PC community is going to dwindle after a few months.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

Planning on buying a PS4 Pro. I have my pc hooked up to a 1080p Dell Ultra Sharp monitor and an I7 4790K CPU, Nvidia 970 GPU, but debating on getting it for PS4PRo because it will be in 4k, or upscaled to 4k. Which would you guys get? I do have a Samsung KS8000 4k TV.

Stick with PS4 Pro if you prefer using a controller. If you don't mind keyboard and mouse stick with PC. Why you buying the PS4 pro for first party games? PC can upscale to 4K

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DragonfireXZ95

@Sweetbackhair said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Yeah, I don't think I ever came across cheaters in Battlefield 4.

I've seen a few. People that go 130 and 10 while outside of a vehicle. I asked one guy if he had a youtube or a twitch, and he said no. Anyone who is that good would be showcasing how good they are, I don't care who you are.

But, it's been pretty rare as far as that goes. Only ever seen it a handful of times in my 300+ hours of playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Get it on the Wii U.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@quadknight said:

Get the PS4Pro version if you want to be playing it months from now. The biggest BF community is on Sony's consoles for whatever reason, and if BF1 ends up like Battlefront like I think it will, the PC community is going to dwindle after a few months.

Battlefield will be a ghost town on the PC lol. You must be on drugs, Battlefield will always have a big community on the PC.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@quadknight said:

No. Simply put, no.

Battlefront is a shit game that relies on pew pew lasers without any team efforts, and with horribly balanced modes like walker assault. Battlefield 1 plays more like the team oriented game that Battlefield gamers love, with medics, support and engineers. Barring any horrible maps aren't prevalent, once they nerf tanks, it'll be incredibly popular on PC, just like Battlefield 4 still is.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuadKnight

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@quadknight said:

Battlefield will be a ghost town on the PC lol. You must be on drugs, Battlefield will always have a big community on the PC.

Difference is Battlefield1 isn't a very good BF game, it's actually pretty shit and shallow.

I predict it will get a lot of hype like Battlefront at launch and then everyone will go back to BF4 after a few months. Same shit happened with Hardline too, just because it's a BF game doesn't mean its immune to being a ghost town on PC...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@quadknight said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@quadknight said:

Difference is Battlefield1 isn't a very good BF game, it's actually pretty shit and shallow.

I predict it will get a lot of hype like Battlefront at launch and then everyone will go back to BF4 after a few months. Same shit happened with Hardline too, just because it's a BF game doesn't mean its immune to being a ghost town on PC...

And how do you know it's not a very good Battlefield game, have you played it? You can't compare Battlefront to Battlefield cause Battlefield has and always will be a PC game first in most people's eyes cause of the history of all the great Battlefield games. People still play Battlefield 4 on the PC to this day and with this game being in a different time than the other big shooters coming out this holiday, it will have a big launch on all consoles I predict ESPECIALLY on the PC. I know a lot of PC players that play on consoles that's itching to jump into this game on the PC and yes Hardline was garbage, but that wasn't a Dice game and no one looks as that game being a Battlefield game.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuadKnight

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@quadknight said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@quadknight said:

And how do you know it's not a very good Battlefield game, have you played it? You can't compare Battlefront to Battlefield cause Battlefield has and always will be a PC game first in most people's eyes cause of the history of all the great Battlefield games. People still play Battlefield 4 on the PC to this day and with this game being in a different time than the other big shooters coming out this holiday, it will have a big launch on all consoles I predict ESPECIALLY on the PC. I know a lot of PC players that play on consoles that's itching to jump into this game on the PC and yes Hardline was garbage, but that wasn't a Dice game and no one looks as that game being a Battlefield game.

I played the beta extensively and I'm a long time BF veteran and competitive player (No. 3 ranked BF4 tank pilot in Texas).

There are a lot of worrisome things I noticed in the beta that have me thinking it will end up like Battlefront. It's not as well balanced as BF4 for one, and team work isn't as solid as in previous BF games. I could be wrong but me and a lot of BF veterans (especially the ones in the official BF forums) were not too pleased with the beta. Again, I'm not saying the game won't be successful, it will for sure. I just don't think it will have the legs or staying power of Battlefield 4 based on my time in the beta unless DICE makes a lot of changes between now and release.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

are you better with a controller or mouse?

for a competetive game like this. that is the biggest factor.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Get it on the Wii U.

yea or the playstation vita on the go.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

go where your friends are but If you want the best performance,then come to PC

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

I'm just wondering which will have better graphics?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

I'm just wondering which will have better graphics?

Not sure if trolling. If not, stick with pc.

krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts

If you're not playing FPS' on PC then you're doing it wrong. Also PC multiplayer communities outlive console ones

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

I knew you'd have a 970 even before reading the thread title properly. I'd say wait to see how the Pro version ends up being. Pro should be around slightly less powerful than a 480, maybe around the same power level as a 470. If you had an original PS4 I would've definitely recommended the PC version.

http://gamegpu.com/images/stories/Test_GPU/Action/BF1/bf1_1920_11.png

I don't know how to embed images on mobile. Never mind.

The beta seems to scale excellently across all GPUs, but the 970 still packs a punch, these are max settings of course and the 970 seems to easily run the game above 60fps for the majority of the time. But this is 1080p and I'm sure the PS4 Pro will be running it at a higher resolution than 1080p but with some settings turned off. It'll be interesting to see how that version turns out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@quadknight said:

yea... typically BF3/BF4 use to be more popular on PC, but now lags behind the PS4 by about 10k users at peak (PS4 only has 40k... so lets be honest, these franchises are at their all time low.) ... HOWEVER Star Wars battlefront ... 20k PS4 players, 2.5k pc .... but thats because Star Wars battlefront is a terribly s*it game that has no PC features worth a damn on it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

I have the same CPU and GPU as you and can honestly say that if you want the best graphics/performance: go with PC.

Unless you have a lot of friends to play with on PS4, in which case get the PS4 Pro edition.

Also sony has said that online game will not get better resolution and framerates on PS4 pro as to not give an unfair advantage.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Its a FPS... mouse all the way.

The PS4pro will probably give you a better experience than your PC but at the end of the day for FPS games controllers just don't cut it for me but if you don't mind them then PS4 pro.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nygamespotter

@R4gn4r0k said:

I have the same CPU and GPU as you and can honestly say that if you want the best graphics/performance: go with PC.

Unless you have a lot of friends to play with on PS4, in which case get the PS4 Pro edition.

Also sony has said that online game will not get better resolution and framerates on PS4 pro as to not give an unfair advantage.

I don't think they said that about the resolution. Only the frame rate will remain unchanged for online games because it puts some players at an advantage, or something like that.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

If you like to play infantry with a controller, your only option would be consoles; since DICE has yet to allow aim assist for controllers in their games as of yet.

Usually the PC is where it's at for Battlefield though.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I rent it

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GarGx1

@nygamespotter said:

I knew you'd have a 970 even before reading the thread title properly. I'd say wait to see how the Pro version ends up being. Pro should be around slightly less powerful than a 480, maybe around the same power level as a 470. If you had an original PS4 I would've definitely recommended the PC version.

http://gamegpu.com/images/stories/Test_GPU/Action/BF1/bf1_1920_11.png

I don't know how to embed images on mobile. Never mind.

The beta seems to scale excellently across all GPUs, but the 970 still packs a punch, these are max settings of course and the 970 seems to easily run the game above 60fps for the majority of the time. But this is 1080p and I'm sure the PS4 Pro will be running it at a higher resolution than 1080p but with some settings turned off. It'll be interesting to see how that version turns out.

I have an i7 4770k and a Zotac Amp Extreme 980Ti. Ran the game at 1440p and was getting 94 - 108 fps, that table looks a tad inaccurate to me.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nygamespotter

@GarGx1: For the majority of the game? At what settings?

GameGPU is a very reliable source for benchmarks.

Here are the 1440p benchmarks:

Not saying I doubt you, it's certainly possible that one area of the map is less demanding than others, or maybe there were less players in your playthrough.

This is the section they used to benchmark the game:

Loading Video...

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@nygamespotter: that does sound very low, even for reference clocks, mine is running at 1525mhz oc and I saw fps drop below 80 few times on extreme conditions with multiple explosions going on at once, ultra settings

Loading Video...

That seems to support the claim as well, the card in video is also running on reference clocks

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nygamespotter

@nygamespotter: There is a very slight difference between minimum FPS. Maybe they improved the performance?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Native 1080p with all (or most) settings cranked up to Ultra (or even Ultra/High mix), with high consistent frame rate is by far superior to upscaled 4K, and we can't even be sure what graphics settings will be used for the console to attempt such resolution, along with questionable frames. Don't be fooled by the 4K marketing of the new consoles.

How is this even a question?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GarGx1

@nygamespotter: My settings were Ultra, minus DoF and Motion Blur.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61482 Posts

PC for better performance. Unless you reaaaaaally want that up scaled 4k lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I'm getting it for XB1, getting it 8 days early and 10% off.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

Get it for neither, the game blows and is just a re-skinned Battlefront (Battleflop). Nothing more than empty promises, lies, and a cash grab.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DragonfireXZ95

@WitIsWisdom said:

Get it for neither, the game blows and is just a re-skinned Battlefront (Battleflop). Nothing more than empty promises, lies, and a cash grab.

I don't remember medics, support and being able to fit more than 1 person in a vehicle in Battlefront. Not sure how that's even close to the same.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WitIsWisdom

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

I don't remember medics, support and being able to fit more than 1 person in a vehicle in Battlefront. Not sure how that's even close to the same.

Well, then you are EXACTLY who they are targeting, so congrats to them and to you. Sure, there are a few differences. The point is.. they took the exact same gameplay, mechanics, and just about everything else and tried to market is as a new groundbreaking BF game. It isn't. They put minimal time and effort into the game (and will make HUGE profits... after all that's what it's all about these days), and people that can't see that are blind (did I mention one of the worst MP maps of ALL TIME? No way that wasn't just procedurally generated...and if it wasn't... lol wow). The game will be dead just like Battlefront was within 3-4 months. I said the same thing about Battlefront when it released by the way, and everyone that liked it said I was crazy... lol. Looking back, I was right, and the joke was on them. If you like the game. Good, great, awesome. How many hours do you have on BF Hardline, BF4, BF3, BF BC2, BF BC1, BF1942, and so forth. Just out of curiosity.

See... the game is just a reskin with a couple BF things kept in tact, but the heart and soul of BF is gone. It is marketed to the most casual type of gamer and will lose steam fast when they move on and the long time fans finally admit it's shit. If you can't tell a difference then you aren't a long time fan of the franchise, or haven't put the time in to tell a difference. It plays NOTHING like any other BF game and plays almost IDENTICALLY to Battlefront (the new shitty one... not one of the other two that were great games, by the way.)

The game was made for the "flavor of the moment" crowd who will put 30 or less hours into it and then move on to the next thing. They truly screwed over their longtime fans and those who would generally have put over a couple hundred to a couple thousand hours on it. I have been in either the Alpha or beta for each of the last 5-6 BF games and each and every one of them I pre-ordered the gold edition with season pass, or whatever else was offered. BF1 was the first game in the franchise I cancelled my pre-order for. It will be dead very quickly. Mark my words.. hell, take a screenshot and a few months after release prove me wrong and make me eat crow. I'll be waiting. :)

Please give me your preferred platform (most time spent playing on) for Battlefield 4 so that I can look it up and confirm my suspicion. I would appreciate that.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DragonfireXZ95

@WitIsWisdom said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Well, then you are EXACTLY who they are targeting, so congrats to them and to you. Sure, there are a few differences. The point is.. they took the exact same gameplay, mechanics, and just about everything else and tried to market is as a new groundbreaking BF game. It isn't. They put minimal time and effort into the game (and will make HUGE profits... after all that's what it's all about these days), and people that can't see that are blind (did I mention one of the worst MP maps of ALL TIME? No way that wasn't just procedurally generated...and if it wasn't... lol wow). The game will be dead just like Battlefront was within 3-4 months. I said the same thing about Battlefront when it released by the way, and everyone that liked it said I was crazy... lol. Looking back, I was right, and the joke was on them. If you like the game. Good, great, awesome. How many hours do you have on BF Hardline, BF4, BF3, BF BC2, BF BC1, BF1942, and so forth. Just out of curiosity.

See... the game is just a reskin with a couple BF things kept in tact, but the heart and soul of BF is gone. It is marketed to the most casual type of gamer and will lose steam fast when they move on and the long time fans finally admit it's shit. If you can't tell a difference then you aren't a long time fan of the franchise, or haven't put the time in to tell a difference. It plays NOTHING like any other BF game and plays almost IDENTICALLY to Battlefront (the new shitty one... not one of the other two that were great games, by the way.)

The game was made for the "flavor of the moment" crowd who will put 30 or less hours into it and then move on to the next thing. They truly screwed over their longtime fans and those who would generally have put over a couple hundred to a couple thousand hours on it. I have been in either the Alpha or beta for each of the last 5-6 BF games and each and every one of them I pre-ordered the gold edition with season pass, or whatever else was offered. BF1 was the first game in the franchise I cancelled my pre-order for. It will be dead very quickly. Mark my words.. hell, take a screenshot and a few months after release prove me wrong and make me eat crow. I'll be waiting. :)

Please give me your preferred platform (most time spent playing on) for Battlefield 4 so that I can look it up and confirm my suspicion. I would appreciate that.

There is exactly no explanation here about how the game is the same as Battlefront. :|

I have 2 accounts on PC. Froggystylexz95 and Froggystylexz952.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WitIsWisdom

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

There is exactly no explanation here about how the game is the same as Battlefront. :|

I had a long post typed out in response and my shitty internet dropped out.... I'm not reposting it all, but in a nutshell this is what I said.

You surprised me with your time spent on BF4. Have you played other BF games?

I gave several examples of why the game is dumbed down and not BF. However, my main point was that perhaps the reason you can't feel a huge difference is because you are on a PC. The console versions are dumbed down to stupid levels. Aim assist is basically auto aim (I like to play with NO aim assist at all, but this game takes it to STUPID levels), Pistols beat ANYTHING within 20 feet (even worst "aim assist" than other guns), movement is sluggish (even at max settings) and feels robotic like you are moving from your shoulders and not the hips, horses take insane amount of damage like vehicles and keep running after the rider is killed, vehicles in general are extremely OP, Automatics are a joke (why even have them in the game), sniping has a huge advantage in muzzle velocity, "elite classes" feel like SOCOMIV bomb tech or Titans. I put a LOT of other points as well. Anyways though, if you have a PS4 then add me WitIsWisdom, and I can give you enough things to fill a book. I prefer playing shooters on console because I feel that there is a much larger discrepancy between the great, the good, the average, and the poor players. I like a good battle of the sticks.

Problem is 99% of my argument is console based since I can't speak from experience of the PC.. experience. Just imagine if they capped the look speed (even on a mouse) to half of that of previous games (like battlefront), made turning, jumping, and acceleration much lower (like Battlefront), etc. Perhaps it's ONLY the console versions.. I don't know.

However, what I do know is that it is a HUGE difference and it's crap. It's like they stripped all the skill from the game and replaced it with things that are much easier to handle. No learning curves, skill discrep, etc. It is basically nothing but sniping and tanks since the ticket bleed is gone making the planes COMPLETELY irrelevant unless one can somehow manage to actually destroy an OP tank. I am a boots on the ground kind of player though. Now, gone are the invisible boundary 10 second warning lines (now there are invisible walls... yay... grrrr), you can't jump over short walls, you can't get on top of certain structures or stationary objects even though you should be able to, etc.

I could type an entire book for you. Like I said before though, if you have a PS4 send me a friencds request and I would gladly run down a BUNCH of other things as well. Maybe they aren't as noticeable on the PC. However, once again, like I said before. Just remember that you heard it here first. The game will be dead within a few months, just like Battlefront. Maybe it doesn't play like Battlefront as much on PC, but on console... it's basically a copy and paste.

I like playing my shooters on console, with the sticks because I personally think it's a better judge of skill, but when you remove any and all skill from the game? yeah....

Give it a shot on consoles and you will see what I mean. It is horrible and set up so that "everyone gets a trophy." I just don't prefer shooters on PC since I would rather play them with a controller (weird breed I guess). On that note, I DO play on every console and platform available. I just prefer certain genres more than others on different ones. I have never been a fan of shooters on PC. I have loved my inverted sticks since the Goldeneye days.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@WitIsWisdom said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

I had a long post typed out in response and my shitty internet dropped out.... I'm not reposting it all, but in a nutshell this is what I said.

You surprised me with your time spent on BF4. Have you played other BF games?

I gave several examples of why the game is dumbed down and not BF. However, my main point was that perhaps the reason you can't feel a huge difference is because you are on a PC. The console versions are dumbed down to stupid levels. Aim assist is basically auto aim (I like to play with NO aim assist at all, but this game takes it to STUPID levels), Pistols beat ANYTHING within 20 feet (even worst "aim assist" than other guns), movement is sluggish (even at max settings) and feels robotic like you are moving from your shoulders and not the hips, horses take insane amount of damage like vehicles and keep running after the rider is killed, vehicles in general are extremely OP, Automatics are a joke (why even have them in the game), sniping has a huge advantage in muzzle velocity, "elite classes" feel like SOCOMIV bomb tech or Titans. I put a LOT of other points as well. Anyways though, if you have a PS4 then add me WitIsWisdom, and I can give you enough things to fill a book. I prefer playing shooters on console because I feel that there is a much larger discrepancy between the great, the good, the average, and the poor players. I like a good battle of the sticks.

Problem is 99% of my argument is console based since I can't speak from experience of the PC.. experience. Just imagine if they capped the look speed (even on a mouse) to half of that of previous games (like battlefront), made turning, jumping, and acceleration much lower (like Battlefront), etc. Perhaps it's ONLY the console versions.. I don't know.

However, what I do know is that it is a HUGE difference and it's crap. It's like they stripped all the skill from the game and replaced it with things that are much easier to handle. No learning curves, skill discrep, etc. It is basically nothing but sniping and tanks since the ticket bleed is gone making the planes COMPLETELY irrelevant unless one can somehow manage to actually destroy an OP tank. I am a boots on the ground kind of player though. Now, gone are the invisible boundary 10 second warning lines (now there are invisible walls... yay... grrrr), you can't jump over short walls, you can't get on top of certain structures or stationary objects even though you should be able to, etc.

I could type an entire book for you. Like I said before though, if you have a PS4 send me a friencds request and I would gladly run down a BUNCH of other things as well. Maybe they aren't as noticeable on the PC. However, once again, like I said before. Just remember that you heard it here first. The game will be dead within a few months, just like Battlefront. Maybe it doesn't play like Battlefront as much on PC, but on console... it's basically a copy and paste.

I like playing my shooters on console, with the sticks because I personally think it's a better judge of skill, but when you remove any and all skill from the game? yeah....

Give it a shot on consoles and you will see what I mean. It is horrible and set up so that "everyone gets a trophy." I just don't prefer shooters on PC since I would rather play them with a controller (weird breed I guess). On that note, I DO play on every console and platform available. I just prefer certain genres more than others on different ones. I have never been a fan of shooters on PC. I have loved my inverted sticks since the Goldeneye days.

Okay, I could perhaps see what you mean, but I haven't experienced it on consoles, so I can't be sure of that. I will agree with you that tanks were OP, but DICE said they were already nerfing those. Also, DMRs need a bit of a buff, but they aren't that bad. In fact, I've gone on kill streaks with them.

I just love the team aspect that the game still gives. I do hope they give the repair tool to the assault class, though, because without that, it takes away from the team aspect. They have it on the plane pilots, so hopefully they stick it on the assault class.

I do agree with you on some stuff, but on PC, it mostly had that same Battlefield feel, except when you got bombarded with tanks and your team had no clue how to take them out. Luckily, I learned to master the AT rocket and mines, so I was able to get a few quadruple+ kills on the big tank and take out some of those annoying light tanks.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#46  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: It is pretty hard to take you seriously when you play on console. Of course it is shit on console. All FPS are shit on console. I have been playing since BF 1942, and BF1 is very much a BF game. It doesn't remind me of Battlefront other than the obvious presentation similarities. Sure, some things have been dumbed down, but it still features the class based team play, vehicles, and the rock, paper, scissors gameplay that is the core of the franchise.

Honestly, the consoles have dumbed down the series a lot over the years. BF2 had the most depth of all the BF games. It has been downhill since then. I will admit that the gunplay has improved over the years though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Get it on the Game Gear.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@BassMan said:

@WitIsWisdom: It is pretty hard to take you seriously when you play on console. Of course it is shit on console. All FPS are shit on console. I have been playing since BF 1942, and BF1 is very much a BF game. It doesn't remind me of Battlefront other than the obvious presentation similarities. Sure, some things have been dumbed down, but it still features the class based team play, vehicles, and the rock, paper, scissors gameplay that is the core of the franchise.

Honestly, the consoles have dumbed down the series a lot over the years. BF2 had the most depth of all the BF games. It has been downhill since then. I will admit that the gunplay has improved over the years though.

I have also played since 1942 and I have played several shooters on PC. I simply prefer shooters on consoles for the competition, and I find it hard to take PC shooter fans seriously, so I guess we are on opposite sides of the spectrum on that one. Using a controller and mastering it is much harder than using a mouse in my opinion. Not all shooters (especially TPS) are shit on consoles, but nearly all I have played on PC are. Once again... that's just opinion though. People who like shooters on PC, well that's great, but I prefer a little more competition and feel a lot of PC players cheat and camp way too much. I like to play with no aim assist on all shooters on consoles by the way (as long as the server isn't lagging horribly, in which case I usually just find a new server).

I'm not saying either of us is necessarily wrong with our way of thinking. It's just two different perspectives and preferences. I for one enjoy the intense close quarter firefights on the sticks... I just can't get that feeling with a mouse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Get it on the Neo Geo!