Battlefield 1 Beta Stats. Where are the PC gamers???

• 105 results
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@Weird_Jerk said:

It only took me a few games of playing to realize that I don't like it. Tanks and recon class are quite overpowered for the map that is offered. With all the bugs and crashes, it's a wonder anyone can play much more than I have without getting too peeved to actually give a more thorough opinion. And anyone who's played a DICE beta knows that aside from networking fixes, not much in the way of balancing is changed.

Also the game crashes a LOT if you:

• tweak the resolution scaling much higher than 42%, with a notification telling you that you must have a GPU with at least 2GB VRAM (duh, I do)
  • have only 8GB of ram (windows 10 nudges your game shut to tell you that your pc is low on resources)
  • change other display settings (low to ultra, vice versa, etc.)
  • try to bayonet charge, go prone, melee, and jump often. Basically anything that involves animation seems to tax the game into crashing. It's a pretty game when it's set still though.

I know it's a beta (and a loaded open beta at that), but Jiminy Crickets - it's awful. I suppose it's at least better than the BF3 beta, which suffered from constant rubberbanding for days straight, making it downright unplayable. I never even touched BF4, save for a few games on my friend's PS4. It was 'aight.

Depends on your PC. I haven't crashed once, I'm running at 50% resolution scaling, ultra settings, 1080p with a Titan X and 4770k.

But, funnily enough, I'm also using the previous drivers. Never did upgrade to the newest drivers.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

I played the beta on PC, and it left me slightly more optimistic about this game than previous trailers had. That being said, if the beta is anything to go by, this is far from being the best Battlefield out there.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-issues-crimson-driver-for-battlefield-1-beta-fixes-wonky-display-issue/

Have you updated your AMD GPU driver?

I'm using an Nvidia card.

My friend can't run BF1 because it requires these new AMD Crimson drivers which do not support the older AMD cards.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I'm still waiting for the next Bad Company.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Kell_the_Gamer
Member since 2012 • 885 Posts

@Pedro said:

PC Gamers don't play games. They come on forums to bitch about consoles. :D

I think it's because 99% of PC gamers only care about games if they're on Steam.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@R10nu said:
@ronvalencia said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-issues-crimson-driver-for-battlefield-1-beta-fixes-wonky-display-issue/

Have you updated your AMD GPU driver?

I'm using an Nvidia card.

My friend can't run BF1 because it requires these new AMD Crimson drivers which do not support the older AMD cards.

Loading Video...