Baldur's Gate 3 wins the 2023 Steam Awards for Game of the Year. Starfield wins Most Innovative Gameplay Award.

• 62 results
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6317 Posts

Steam awards 🤦‍♂️

On a side note Hermits believe the Steam community trolled Starfield?

C'mon now use common sense, that type of collusion would require a lot of management, too much for Hermits that's for sure.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

@last_lap: Very true, most hermits would refuse to vote for Starfield as an innovative game if they hated it. Even if they saw an online forum thread saying “let’s vote Starfield as being the most innovative game on Steam just for the sake of trolling” they would totally ignore it or do the exact opposite. Plus how many people would actually participate in the trolling? Maybe around 50-100? That wouldn’t be enough to alter Steam award results since there would be hundreds of thousands of people making votes. Less than 1% of the voters would be trolls.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: don't forget the hook in halo infinite. It made traversal of the map and took it to new heights. Something rarely seen before in an fps game of halos caliber.

Also starfield is innovation at its peak. Imagine making 1000 worlds, many of them with their own story line, and exploring these systems. The gameplay is just one factor, and you'd have to be a fool if you think Bethesda and mods aren't working on improvements as we speak.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11623 Posts

Deserved for BG3, there's nothing innovative about Starfield.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44616 Posts

I like that the love was spread around but seriously TLOU getting an award a decade after it released for soundtrack no less like WTF.

There's hardworking talented people working on game music for contemporary games having their one moment to shine being taken for them to brown nose for Sony like good little industry insiders. Jesper Kyd was even denied a nomination for this farce.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8307 Posts
@davillain said:
@navyguy21 said:

@Pedro: Maybe it wasn't the most well-thought out troll? Lol.

When I was voting, I immediately voted for Starfield while laughing at the prospect of it being nominated, let alone winning.

That's what let me to googling and finding what people thought (selfishly for the comments lol)

I don't honestly think that it had an impact, I think people genuinely think the game was fun and unique in ways, even if it's not a "amazing" game.

Is that really a troll thing? Because I can't think of anything innovative to be honest. No Man's Sky already did most of what Starfield has when it came out back in August 2016. Starfield has more focus on the story, but haven't seen anything innovative so far. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of gamers who really liked it, and with a focused effort in a category with less stiff competition, it seems completely reasonable that they could pull it off.

Honestly people giving No man's sky way to much credit.. rose colored glasses.. I played no man's sky in 2016 and it was horrible, like absolute trash.

Like I get that game has came along way over the years to redeem itself, but at launch that game was awful. Not good, not just OK, not mid, it was absolutely trash.

I get both starfield and no man's sky take place in space.. I get people wish starfield landed on planets like nomans sky does by tricking the loading screen to be while your entering the planet instead of pausing with cut scene.. but that's really as far as it goes with no man's sky.. like that's really the only thing it does better than starfield, how you land on the planets. Unless your just really into resource gathering.. starfield better than nomansky in almost every way. And I just think starfield is mids. Not trying to talk it up.. just really don't want to talk up no man's sky, hate that ******* game

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

@sargentd: No worries, I totally get what you are saying. I'm just so used to playing other space games like No Man's Sky, Stat Citizen, and even Elite: Dangerous that has came out long ago before Starfield took off to do it's own thing. NMS really took years to get where it's at now, I'm impress Hello Games stick with it till the end, I'm gonna give them a chance with Light No Fire and see how they'll do on launch day.

Starfield isn't the worst game from Bethesda, not by a long shot. If they add any radical cool stuff, I'll reinstall the game and see how things have progress.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8307 Posts

@davillain: it's been years since I've tried playing nomanssky. last time I played it, the game had 0 combat. There was no combat at all in the game, weapons or guns did not exist in nomansky and also very few NPCs, like almost none besides a few aliens on a ship you could go talk too. The game was so bare bones, where the only thing to do was collect resources, build stuff for base/ship

I'm sure the game is better now (I've heard it is) does the game have combat now? Or a story? When I played it I don't think there was anyone at all to talk to in the game and you didn't fight anyone or anything.

Starfield was mids at launch, but it wasn't bad. It's fairly polished and has a good mix of content. It was a much better launch experience for me conpared to nomansky. Nomansky launch made me want to kick someone's ass lol...

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Another win for BG3.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Make no mistake, TLOU is the consensus greatest video game of all time and I happen to enjoy it a lot, if you didn't know.

But never too fond if its soundtrack.

its decent, but nothing special IMO.

I don't think PC ports should be eligable for awards but if there was one award that TLOU should get 3 times its the outstanding story rich narrative. Just give it to ND for TLOU in 2013 (PS3), 2014 (PS4), , 2022 (PS5) and 2023 (PC). It deserves all four lmao, but not the OST.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

GOAT Starfield strikes again. :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

I don't think PC ports should be eligable for awards

I agree, every PC game is a winner simply for existing on the PC platform. These awards are essentialy meaningless.

I liked when Valve sent over the award and asked for a short video response. Now it's just have your digital award, shut up, bye.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 759 Posts

Trolling Todd