August 2014 NPD

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I love sales as I get royalty checks. Thanks for the update, checking the mail now. :)

If you're a MSFT shareholder, you at least get a quarterly dividend payment.

Me? I don't own MSFT outside of mutual funds.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12066 Posts

The One continues to sell fine and is about to get some really great games to close out the year.

Sunset OD

Forza Horizon

Both will help people see that The One has the superior software lineup for the holiday season.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I guess I'm doing it wrong since I bought both Madden and Diablo on XB1 and not PS4 like everybody else...

These results are to be expected. The PS4 might win every month during it's lifetime here in the U.S. Microsoft and Nintendo might want to take notes for next time.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

It's over. Microsoft and the bone are done for. Getting outsold by the Godstation 4 with Madden? lol

Godny domination will continue for the rest of the gen and Microshit will never make another xbox after this.

Praise Jesus Drake

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I think it's safe to say the Vita is well and truly dead and buried now.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I guess I'm doing it wrong since I bought both Madden and Diablo on XB1 and not PS4 like everybody else...

These results are to be expected. The PS4 might win every month during it's lifetime here in the U.S. Microsoft and Nintendo might want to take notes for next time.

or microsoft should have taken notes on themselves about how to launch consoles. i cant believe they went the ps3 route this launch lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Error 2014: The DudebroBox could not Dudebro. Please select a PS4 and try again.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Shewgenja

@jsmoke03 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

or microsoft should have taken notes on themselves about how to launch consoles. i cant believe they went the ps3 route this launch lol

Honestly, I think they did worse than the PS3. I mean, they literally had everyone's attention for the XBox One unveiling and said "Welcome to our next-gen console, how about watching some TV?" Even Sony, for all their blunders and utterly insane rhetoric weren't THAT ballsy.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's scary all those bundle tricks MS are pulling and still can't even slightly top PS4 in sales.

PlayStation is the 8th wonder of the world!!

Even Sony themselves wonder....can't compete with that.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

The One continues to sell fine and is about to get some really great games to close out the year.

Sunset OD

Forza Horizon

Both will help people see that The One has the superior software lineup for the holiday season.

But yet the pauperstation as you so call it doesn't need games to sell.

Imagine what the holiday will be like?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's scary all those bundle tricks MS are pulling and still can't even slightly top PS4 in sales.

PlayStation is the 8th wonder of the world!!

Even Sony themselves wonder....can't compete with that.

Exactly. You have to remember, the execs atSony are only human. They can't grasp that of which is PlayStation. I'm just saying though. Every gen, PlayStation performs a miracle. PS1 stole the crown from Nintendo as the No.1 go to console. PS2 sold more than anything. PS3 recovered quite nicely from one of the worst launches ever... And PS4 is selling like nothing else without any killer apps (lol).

It's crazy but hats off to them....Sony was clear with their vision of the PS4 from day one. MS screwed up big time even though they already had a blueprint with the 360. I still like the X1 better but who knows if it will ever catch up and I don't care if it does just as long as it keeps selling enough to be relevant.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Remember when lemmings used to crow about software sales as a consolation earlier in the year?

They can't even do that anymore.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shewgenja

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Remember when lemmings used to crow about software sales as a consolation earlier in the year?

Remember when NPD threads would be 8 pages long in an hour because there was an actual competition? Yeah, System Wars can't do that anymore either lol

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12066 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Sunset OD

Forza Horizon

Lots of things have sold well to start due to hype. Look at Destiny as the most recent example. All flash and no substance in the long run.

The hype machine for the PauperStation will run out eventually. It happened to the Wii and it will happen to Sony's machine as well.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GrenadeLauncher

@Shewgenja said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Remember when NPD threads would be 8 pages long in an hour because there was an actual competition? Yeah, System Wars can't do that anymore either lol

The March thread was the stuff of legend. Soooooooooo good.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Shewgenja

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The March thread was the stuff of legend. Soooooooooo good.

One could say there were meltdowns of..

Titanic proportions.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By bforrester420

@tdkmillsy said:

@tacoma1972 said:

@Evo_nine:

Only 30,000. They dropped the price and put in a free game and still could not win. Pathetic.

They are going to loose even more in September against the PS4 Destiny bundle. Pathetic.

Whats Pathetic is the sales wars that goes on in these forums.

You guys didn't think it was pathetic last generation...

You can always hit up Games Discussion...

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Remember when Sony said they didn't comment on NPD numbers :P

MS screwed the pooch this gen

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 bforrester420

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Sunset OD

Forza Horizon

Lots of things have sold well to start due to hype. Look at Destiny as the most recent example. All flash and no substance in the long run.

The hype machine for the PauperStation will run out eventually. It happened to the Wii and it will happen to Sony's machine as well.

LMAO...comparing the gimmicky, shovelware system that was the Wii with a Playstation console is clown shoes. You should serve a week's suspension for drawing such a horrible comparison.

Boo this man...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Shewgenja

@blue_hazy_basic said:

So true! It all changes when you're the one in the driver's seat. MS really dun' goofed, though. Is there any word on the validity of the 160k number that lems are claiming?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Sunset OD

Forza Horizon

But yet titanfall the most hyped game this year up until destiny couldnt beat PS4.....

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

LOL, will Wii U even catch Gamecube?

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#77  Edited By Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Honestly, I think they did worse than the PS3. I mean, they literally had everyone's attention for the XBox One unveiling and said "Welcome to our next-gen console, how about watching some TV?" Even Sony, for all their blunders and utterly insane rhetoric weren't THAT ballsy.

I dunno man, slapping a $600 price tag and telling anyone who thought it was expensive to get a second job was pretty ballsy.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Sunset OD

Forza Horizon

But yet titanfall the most hyped game this year up until destiny couldnt beat PS4.....

And didn't the Wii sell more or close to 100 million consoles? Pretty good for "all hype."

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Shewgenja

@Lionheart08 said:

I dunno man, slapping a $600 price tag and telling anyone who thought it was expensive to get a second job was pretty ballsy.

There was a $500 version as well. It also happened to play used games.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#80  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

lol wow, MS have said that only the last week's sales doubled (due to the madden bundle). They are truly pathetic with their PR bullshit.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/759303-microsoft-clarifies-xbox-one-august-npd-sales-doubled-last-week-month

"hey guyz sales doubled, we rock. No wait only the last week doubled, lulz got ya"

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Animal-Mother

@Chutebox said:

@Animal-Mother said:

And didn't the Wii sell more or close to 100 million consoles? Pretty good for "all hype."

Not bad for "all hype"

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#82 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Wonder how it's going to look after X1 has been released in europe and japan

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Sure thing, little guy. People will suddenly decide that they don't want the more powerful console with the largest selection of games and instead they'll all buy the Xbox One.

Better luck next generation. Hopefully Microsoft will get their act together and stop trying to force unwanted garbage like Kinect and "TV TV TV" on whatever is left of their fanbase by then. Hopefully.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Is there any statistic or source that include digital sales? I bet PC and Xbox One game sales are higher if thats included.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#85 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

lol at Greenburg's lame ass excuse to why they dont release summer NPD data. They wait for the holidays? Summer is "pregame"??? Dude is pathetic.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@blue_hazy_basic said:

To their credit, at least Sony still combine console sales in their quarterly reports. :D