At this rate, Destiny plays more like a Halo game than Halo 5.

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rektmuhface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rektmuhface
Member since 2015 • 455 Posts

Based on the latest gameplay video of the campaign to Halo 5, I can conclude that 343 is a trash developer. The Halo games are no longer known for the tight, well-polished gameplay mechanics and brilliant enemy set-pieces. It's all just a random mess. The gameplay in Halo 5 seems really one-dimensional...it doesn't look satisfying, refined, addictive...a staple and a standard that was set by Bungie before they left.

343 also apparently suck at weapon designs because all of the guns in Halo 5 are either ugly or bland. Look at the weapons in Destiny...just look at how complex and beautiful the exotic weapons are. I look at those guns and I see a story in each one of them. The only thing 343 is better at is presentation and story...which is something Bungie has always been pretty terrible at.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Weapon design is really one of the few brilliant things presented by Destiny, along with exceptional character animations. There is sadly some truth to your statement.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cool blog

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Stop saying that, lems don't appreciate it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Destiny is the same mission over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, with the same im gonna open this door, fight this wave of dudes. Mechanically? sure, slight adjustments aside, it's basically Halo.

But Halo at least mixes it up from time to time, repetitive level design still, but at least had the vehicle combat to fall back on. Plus Halo at least has something resembling pacing as it is effectively as long as that game needs to be since it only has about 5 or 6 hours of ideas. Destiny had like 2 hours of ideas, and then stretched it out. The strikes are shit, because all the boss fights in that are dog shit. They are take the spongiest memeber of a faction, make him bigger, and somehow spongier. And then proceed to waste the players life as he/she runs around in a circle just shooting for a shit load of time.

MP wise? As bad as Halo 4 was, it was still more about actually being good at the game vs all the different buffs and attributes you have in Destiny, much less the supers and how they mess with the balance. Because even the whole "we nerf damage in MP, so all the weapons don't have an advantage"...yeah except the fucking perks still work, and in a mp space the perks will make a major shift.

Those same exotic weapons you also don't get for being good or competent, but are really are a reward for your servitude to that game. I'd rather take a poorly paced half baked action game over skinner box gameplay, any fucking day of the week. The former is at least fun on a basic level, the latter? Is shit slaves tell other people has depth, but is actually interactive labor.

And 343 isn't better at story, they are equally trash at that.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6  Edited By drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

@rektmuhface said:

Based on the latest gameplay video of the campaign to Halo 5, I can conclude that 343 is a trash developer. The Halo games are no longer known for the tight, well-polished gameplay mechanics and brilliant enemy set-pieces. It's all just a random mess. The gameplay in Halo 5 seems really one-dimensional...it doesn't look satisfying, refined, addictive...a staple and a standard that was set by Bungie before they left.

343 also apparently suck at weapon designs because all of the guns in Halo 5 are either ugly or bland. Look at the weapons in Destiny...just look at how complex and beautiful the exotic weapons are. I look at those guns and I see a story in each one of them. The only thing 343 is better at is presentation and story...which is something Bungie has always been pretty terrible at.

Got this far. Didn't see the point in continuing.

Not that I care for Halo 5 or Destiny, but your assumption holds no weight.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Sounds like you know what you are talking about. You saved me 60$.....no Halo 5 for me.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@rektmuhface: Can you give us some specifics? Most of your post is pretty vague.

rektmuhface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rektmuhface

@wolverine4262: Well my observation is pretty vague since all I can go by is the gameplay video. There is some element to it that I dislike....everything about it seems like there's no depth....like it's paper thin or transparent. It's a certain type of feeling.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Hold up, you already played Halo 5? So can you tell me how did the confrontation between Master Chief vs Locke handle well in Halo 5? Also was the MP really fun? Tell me Now!!!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@rektmuhface: You can conclude ------> NOTHING ! trailers are not actual gameplay. Destiny trailers looked awesome and the game is boring as hell, I know because I have it.

rektmuhface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rektmuhface

@davillain-: it was pretty dumb. They were both fist fighting eachother whilst wearing impenetrable armor.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sounds like you know what you are talking about. You saved me 60$.....no Halo 5 for me.

Sooo you gonna play The Taken King instead of Halo 5?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@rektmuhface: Well from what Ive seen its pretty classic Halo with some new abilities and double the framerate.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator

@rektmuhface said:

@davillain-: it was pretty dumb. They were both fist fighting eachother whilst wearing impenetrable armor.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@silversix_ said:

lol didn't you just spend $40 on patches?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@davillain- said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Sooo you gonna play The Taken King instead of Halo 5?

Hell nah...was being very very sarcastic

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silversix_

@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:

motherfawker it was $35 and you've already asked that question two or three times.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:

Lol

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mems_1224

@silversix_: and I'm going to ask it every time you want to talk Shit about 343. Because as bad as they are, they don't sucker idiots to pay for game patches

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 silversix_

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_: and I'm going to ask it every time you want to talk Shit about 343. Because as bad as they are, they don't sucker idiots to pay for game patches

bu bu bu but Activision told me its a good deal. I listen to Activision and they told me there's a lot of content.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Destiny is the same mission over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, with the same im gonna open this door, fight this wave of dudes. Mechanically? sure, slight adjustments aside, it's basically Halo.

But Halo at least mixes it up from time to time, repetitive level design still, but at least had the vehicle combat to fall back on. Plus Halo at least has something resembling pacing as it is effectively as long as that game needs to be since it only has about 5 or 6 hours of ideas. Destiny had like 2 hours of ideas, and then stretched it out. The strikes are shit, because all the boss fights in that are dog shit. They are take the spongiest memeber of a faction, make him bigger, and somehow spongier. And then proceed to waste the players life as he/she runs around in a circle just shooting for a shit load of time.

MP wise? As bad as Halo 4 was, it was still more about actually being good at the game vs all the different buffs and attributes you have in Destiny, much less the supers and how they mess with the balance. Because even the whole "we nerf damage in MP, so all the weapons don't have an advantage"...yeah except the fucking perks still work, and in a mp space the perks will make a major shift.

Those same exotic weapons you also don't get for being good or competent, but are really are a reward for your servitude to that game. I'd rather take a poorly paced half baked action game over skinner box gameplay, any fucking day of the week. The former is at least fun on a basic level, the latter? Is shit slaves tell other people has depth, but is actually interactive labor.

over exaggerated much, what's funny is even RE4 does the same thing (oh look more las plagas), a game you highly praise.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silversix_

The differences between Bungie and 343i

Bungie never lost talent, they're simply forced to do dirty shit Activision tells em to.

343i never had any talent.

Really is that simple.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

im running out of pony /spiderman pics

"insert fav one" here

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mems_1224

@silversix_: Its now my life's mission to make sure you don't forget how much you hate yourself

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NyaDC

@silversix_ said:

The differences between Bungie and 343i

Bungie never lost talent, they're simply forced to do dirty shit Activision tells em to.

Really is that simple.

Yes, because Halo 4 was not a good game nor one of the best looking on the 360...

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mems_1224

@silversix_: "The differences between Bungie and 343i

Really is that simple."

Lol wut? Joseph Staten left before that game was supposed to ship and it's the main reason that games story was butchered. They just dumped the guy that defined their sound for over a decade.

Also, they aren't doing shit activision tells them to do. The deal they made they chose, they could have gone with any publisher and they hand picked the worst one. Bungie isn't the gamer friendly developer they used to be. They are a hollow shell of the great developer they used to be.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL

Anyone else notice how its always cows who create alt after alt? I wonder which sad sad cow you are.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NyaDC

@RR360DD said:

LOL

Anyone else notice how its always cows who create alt after alt? I wonder which sad sad cow you are.

It's @XboxStache clearly, the way he says and structures things gave it away pretty easily.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By silversix_

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_: Its now my life's mission to make sure you don't forget how much you hate yourself

stop stop stop stop i don't want to jump of off a bridge

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Halo, Destiny, doesn't matter what name its going by at the moment. Two of the most throw away franchise in gaming. Why anyone would put themselves through such crap is beyond me. But hey! have fun slaying more aliens.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@rektmuhface: Maybe hold off on that till you actually play the game

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

So let's base everything off of a 3 minute clip and how guns look.

Seems like you were against Halo from jump street.

Try masturbating more. I do.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@rektmuhface said:

Really? You're able to do that from a segmented 4-minute video that shows a few portions of a single level spliced together to avoid spoilers? That's an impressive skill. You should translate that skill into being a day trader on Wall Street.

Halo has never been known for "brilliant enemy set-pieces". It's not Metal Gear Solid. Halo's campaign is adored by its large fan base for its amazing sandbox game design with stellar enemy AI, vehicles, and fun weapons set in a vibrant alien world. That was Halo CE, the game that started it all. What you attempt to belittle as a "random mess" is exactly what made the game so much fun and differentiated it from other shooters of the time. Bungie threw you into a "giant mess" with scorpion tanks shooting at you, ghosts trying to run you over, a banshee strafing your marines, Elites embarrassing you because they seemed to be able to play the game better than you did, and a suicide grunt charging you with two plasma grenades.

Go and ask any long-time Halo fan what their favorite level from CE was. I'll bet you $100 they say The Silent Cartographer...a completely open level set on an island you can drive anywhere on and completely devoid of anything resembling a "set piece".

As for the criticism of the combat now being "one-dimensional"...I'm not sure how to even take that seriously. You had four tactical options in "traditional" Halo. They were shoot, grenade, melee punch, or jump. In Halo 5 you have shoot, grenade, melee punch, jump...in addition to slide, thruster pack, sprint, stabilizer, clamber, ground-and-pound, or charge. The number of tactical options available to the player is orders of magnitude larger than in earlier games. That is not "one dimensional"...it's literally the opposite.

Which Halo game had a weapon inventory that even remotely resembled Destiny, a loot based RPG/shooter hybrid? Rhetorical question...none of them did. Halo's most beloved weapon is the Battle Rifle, an all black metal assault rifle with a small LED ammo counter that looks like it could have been manufactured today. Of course Destiny has over-the-top weapon design since loot compulsion is the primary motivator to keep people wanting to play, and pay for, the game. Blizzard mastered this with Diablo and it has paid off in spades.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion...but I have no idea how you could seriously come to the conclusions you attempt to impart in your post.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#36 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'm fairly certain that I'll enjoy any time with Halo 5 more than the time I had with Destiny.

October 27th could hurry itself up.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator

@nyadc said:
@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:

Lol

Don't know why your laughing at him. Look we all know Destiny is a lousy flaw game, we all know it but the fans are still playing it. While I honestly can't speak for silversix case, but I'm getting ready to buy The Taken King. I read the reviews, ask questions, and it peaks my interest.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jg4xchamp

@Ballroompirate said:

over exaggerated much, what's funny is even RE4 does the same thing (oh look more las plagas), a game you highly praise.

Resident Evil 4 also mixes it up more, the initial village sequence doesn't play out like say the castle sequences like having to fight the claw guy in the cage, or the part where you have to snipe while Ashley is taking care of the two levers, or the cabin sequence, or the shit with the two chainsaw sisters, or the part where you need to open up the path in the waterfall, or the sewers when you on to take on the bugs, or the gondola stretch, or the initial time you meet the Merchant and have to snipe your way out of that valley, or the dragon statues, or the tunnel thing with the right hand, or the krauser fight, or the part where the chopper is your cover, or that crane segment, or the regenerator segment.

The core gameplay loop of RE4 is built around dudes coming at you, but the game made more of an effort to give you a variety of spins on that type of action. Nevermind that there is more to the gameplay of RE4 than Destiny. Destiny in contrast outside of 2 missions one being where you get that sword and another being that brief stretch you get to use that brute chopper thing, is a whole lot of go from point A to point B, and at point B dinklebot says he needs to open a door or decipher something, and then waves of dudes come at you. With no real mix up in there.

That's the big difference between Resident Evil 4, or hell even a not so special game like The Evil Within last year vs a game like Destiny. The former 2 actually have a sense of variety, right down to having enemies or sequences the game brings up once, and then never returns to. Destiny is just flat out more repetitive.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@rektmuhface said:

as someone who put about 50 hours in destiny, and about 60 hours in the halo 5 beta, i can say you are completely wrong in your assumption. IDK how the SP will be, but the MP is leaps and bounds above destiny (even limited to the 2 modes and 3 maps from the beta) and the gunplay/gameplay is leaps and bounds what destiny is.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#41 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
@jg4xchamp said:

lol wtf

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Except RE4 has an incredible amount of variety in it's level design and enemy encounters.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ballroompirate

@jg4xchamp said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Resident Evil 4 also mixes it up more, the initial village sequence doesn't play out like say the castle sequences like having to fight the claw guy in the cage, or the part where you have to snipe while Ashley is taking care of the two levers, or the cabin sequence, or the shit with the two chainsaw sisters, or the part where you need to open up the path in the waterfall, or the sewers when you on to take on the bugs, or the gondola stretch, or the initial time you meet the Merchant and have to snipe your way out of that valley, or the dragon statues, or the tunnel thing with the right hand, or the krauser fight, or the part where the chopper is your cover, or that crane segment, or the regenerator segment.

The core gameplay loop of RE4 is built around dudes coming at you, but the game made more of an effort to give you a variety of spins on that type of action. Nevermind that there is more to the gameplay of RE4 than Destiny. Destiny in contrast outside of 2 missions one being where you get that sword and another being that brief stretch you get to use that brute chopper thing, is a whole lot of go from point A to point B, and at point B dinklebot says he needs to open a door or decipher something, and then waves of dudes come at you. With no real mix up in there.

That's the big difference between Resident Evil 4, or hell even a not so special game like The Evil Within last year vs a game like Destiny. The former 2 actually have a sense of variety, right down to having enemies or sequences the game brings up once, and then never returns to. Destiny is just flat out more repetitive.

So you just played a few hours of Destiny, so that just proved you're just talking out of your ass as usual.

You pretty much ignored all the strikes, boss fights, quests/bounties, platforming, raids, public events/patrols, farming for rep and that's only the pve side of Destiny, you still have hours of multiplayer/pvp. But hey RE4 has soooo much diversity between boss fights, like babysitting Ashley with dumb ass puzzles *rolls eyes*

Next time before nit picking on a game you might want to try and get to the lvl cap and explore/do everything instead of getting to the Moon/1 hour into the game thinking "welp this must be all that the game has to offer".

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ballroompirate

@moistcarrot said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Except RE4 has an incredible amount of variety in it's level design and enemy encounters.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Ballroompirate said:

So you just played a few hours of Destiny, so that just proved you're just talking out of your ass as usual.

You pretty much ignored all the strikes, boss fights, quests/bounties, platforming, raids, public events/patrols, farming for rep and that's only the pve side of Destiny, you still have hours of multiplayer/pvp. But hey RE4 has soooo much diversity between boss fights, like babysitting Ashley with dumb ass puzzles *rolls eyes*

Next time before nit picking on a game you might want to try and get to the lvl cap and explore/do everything instead of getting to the Moon/1 hour into the game thinking "welp this must be all that the game has to offer".

I beat the game sunshine, which an easy check on Bungie.net or my PSN tag covers.

Second of all, I did mention the strikes in previous postst and why said bosses suck di.

Quests and bounties when I played the game were kill 150 of, do 10 matches of, do a strike or some shit, of which I find boring because the boss fights are boring. They aren't adding anything to the game, because all they are is an enemy type you've already fought plenty at this point, but now are bigger and spongier. Which is more tedious than enjoyable.

Farmiong for rep is shit I do not enjoy, because I don't like grinding, period. You're doing brainless bitch work at that point because the game couldn't find something interesting for you to do Not to mention already stated didn't care for the PvP either.

Public events were dudes get dropped in an open space and you shoot them. Not exactly some major shift from the rest of the action, and more so not shit I wanted to participate given how infrequent they were to show up when you're just moving mission to mission. The only payoff for them is what, there is a bounty you can do?

Next time pick up a book, learn how to actually read, and don't assume just because someone doesn't like a bad game that you like, that they must not have played it. Unlike the frauds on this forum, I tend to finish the games I talk about. And unlike you, I seem to actually grasp what variety is in a game also.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@ladyblue: Just because your text is pink doesn't make what you say true. Your welcome to dislike Halo, but if you cannot at least acknowledge the franchise's success and influence then your in no liberty to call yourself a gamer.

For instance I hate Call of Duty to the core. But I understand it's popularity and influence on the industry. I don't start spewing lies and misinformation just because I don't like it.

So show some respect.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn about gamer cred. Oh & I do acknowledge its influence, its the very reason the industry is in this mess to begin with. Unimaginative game, now from a developer with no aspirations.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ballroompirate

@jg4xchamp said:
@Ballroompirate said:

I beat the game sunshine, which an easy check on Bungie.net or my PSN tag covers.

Second of all, I did mention the strikes in previous postst and why said bosses suck di.

Quests and bounties when I played the game were kill 150 of, do 10 matches of, do a strike or some shit, of which I find boring because the boss fights are boring. They aren't adding anything to the game, because all they are is an enemy type you've already fought plenty at this point, but now are bigger and spongier. Which is more tedious than enjoyable.

Farmiong for rep is shit I do not enjoy, because I don't like grinding, period. You're doing brainless bitch work at that point because the game couldn't find something interesting for you to do Not to mention already stated didn't care for the PvP either.

Public events were dudes get dropped in an open space and you shoot them. Not exactly some major shift from the rest of the action, and more so not shit I wanted to participate given how infrequent they were to show up when you're just moving mission to mission. The only payoff for them is what, there is a bounty you can do?

Next time pick up a book, learn how to actually read, and don't assume just because someone doesn't like a bad game that you like, that they must not have played it. Unlike the frauds on this forum, I tend to finish the games I talk about. And unlike you, I seem to actually grasp what variety is in a game either.

So I was right, a useless/QQ rant by you cause you don't enjoy grinding and boss fights that last more than a minute.

I don't like racing games or sports games, do you see me ranting in those threads or wasting money on those games? hell no

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Halo without Bungie....is not Halo.

The End.

Credits:

Screenplay by Huggles

Based on the OP by rekmuhface

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mems_1224

@Ballroompirate said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Next time pick up a book, learn how to actually read, and don't assume just because someone doesn't like a bad game that you like, that they must not have played it. Unlike the frauds on this forum, I tend to finish the games I talk about. And unlike you, I seem to actually grasp what variety is in a game either.

So I was right, a useless/QQ rant by you cause you don't enjoy grinding and boss fights that last more than a minute.

I don't like racing games or sports games, do you see me ranting in those threads or wasting money on those games? hell no

no, he doesn't enjoy shit boss fights where the only mechanic is "hide behind this thing for 20 minutes and unload on this big version of a regular enemy with more health". There is nothing interesting about the boss fights in Destiny.

any game where they have to extend game play time by forcing you to go to these empty, boring NPC hubs that could have just been a menu tab is a bullshit game

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Ballroompirate said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Grinding is inherently shit.

The bosses in Destiny are garbage. What's actually good about them? Most bosses last longer than a minute sunshine, the ones in Destiny I find poor for more than just how long they talk. Visually speaking they are less interesting because they literally are with the exception from the thing that looks like The Parasite Queen, the other bosses are simply an elite member of a faction or their spongiest member, made bigger. With a cute little name given to them, and barely anything else. Other games with actual good boss fights actual create creatures that aren't like the enemies in the rest of the game, or they are actual characters (Metal Gear for instance at least gives them a personality of some sort).

Gameplay wise, yeah in a FPS all they offer is that they are big and spongy. Which amounts to no real strategy or interesting balancing act of dodge, wait, attack. In a FPS, you're just unloading bullets and that gets dull for an extended period of time at one target. The worst boss fights in the Prime series amount to nothing more than that, the best ones ask you to use more of Samus's tool set or have an environmental aspect to it you have to account for.

You're just in your usual routine of perpetual ass frustration, because someone didn't like the bad game you like, and you don't have much of a defense against someone having a valid disagreement against the game. So it must be their fault.