Assassins Creed > Mass Effect

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Baurus_1
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

I saw gameplay videos for both on www.gametrailers.com, and in my opinion, without a doubt Assassins Creed looks to be the better game. And the main reason for this is the combat. AC looks like it has awesome combat, with plenty of stealth also. And AC's combat is in real-time, unlike ME's. The turn based (pause-play-pause-play) combat of ME looks like it would get really old, really fast. And I don't believe turn-based combat is needed for RPGs, just look at Oblivion, it's one of the best RPGs ever made and it's not turn-based.

Both games look to have awesome graphics, but the gameplay of AC just looks better, IMO. I think ME is only being hyped more here on System Wars because it's an exclusive, and that's a silly reason to hype a game. BTW, I own a 360.

Opinions?

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

For me, the combat looks like the weakest part of Assassins creed. From just a couple of combat videos you can see the same moves being used repeatedly.

And Mass Effect is real time combat by the way...

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

they are 2 completely different games.

/thread.

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Baurus_1

For me, the combat looks like the weakest part of Assassins creed. From just a couple of combat videos you can see the same moves being used repeatedly. Mass_Effect

I am sure there are lots of combat moves in AC, gameplay videos are not always comprehensive. IMO, AC's combat looks ten times more exciting that ME's combat.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
Assassins Creed = Mass Effect IMO
porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 porzdeadline
Member since 2007 • 482 Posts
i think its ammatter of someones taste i for one dont want assassins creed, and mass effect is my most hyped game next to halo 3 and gta4
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

I saw gameplay videos for both on www.gametrailers.com, and in my opinion, without a doubt Assassins Creed looks to be the better game. And the main reason for this is the combat. AC looks like it has awesome combat, with plenty of stealth also. And AC's combat is in real-time, unlike ME's. The turn based (pause-play-pause-play) combat of ME looks like it would get really old, really fast. And I don't believe turn-based combat is needed for RPGs, just look at Oblivion, it's one of the best RPGs ever made and it's not turn-based.

Both games look to have awesome graphics, but the gameplay of AC just looks better, IMO. I think ME is only being hyped more here on System Wars because it's an exclusive, and that's a silly reason to hype a game. BTW, I own a 360.

Opinions?

Baurus_1

You can play like that or fully real time, thats just an option of how you can play :P It isn't how you HAVE to play ;)

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts
Like Kotor You dont have to pause the action after every turn. Its just if you want to play it at a more tactical level.
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Baurus_1

Mass_Effect

Pause-play-pause-play is not real-time combat.

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Baurus_1
[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

Opinions?

Zenkuso

You can play like that or fully real time, thats just an option of how you can play :P It isn't how you HAVE to play ;)

But it sure looks like it's meant to be played like that, otherwise why have the option? And why bring up a combat options screen during the pausing?

Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Both will be great.
Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts

1. They are two different genres

2.Mass effect has real-time combat

And I think the combat in AC seriously fails. It's just block-counter-block-counter etc. until everyone is dead. Very exciting :roll:

But I do agree that the stealth and exploration in AC looks really cool so I'm still looking forward to it. I'll have to read a few reviews before buying it though.

GXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GXR
Member since 2003 • 1476 Posts

NBA2K8 > MGS4

I saw videoes of both of them on gametrailer.com and Imo NBA looks alot better...

:roll:

Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

Baurus_1

Pause-play-pause-play is not real-time combat.

WTH are you talking about? You don't have to pause it. You can just run around shooting everything with the same weapon if you want. I guess RE4 had turn-based combat as well seeing as you had to change weaponswith an inventory screen :|

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Baurus_1

But I do agree that the stealth and exploration in AC looks really cool so I'm still looking forward to it. I'll have to read a few reviews before buying it though.

Chaos_Daro

The stealth and exploration looks awesome in AC.

If anyone here has played the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion (which are arguably the best quests in the game), AC looks like an entire game of that. Now THAT is AWESOME.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_Daro"]

Baurus_1

The stealth and exploration look awesome in AC.

If anyone here has played the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion (which are arguably the best quests in the game), AC looks like an entire game of that. Now THAT is AWESOME.

The Dark Brotherhood quest chain is as overrated as the rest of oblivion. You really need to play more games if you think oblivion is even close to be the best RPG out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f956b96dc672
deactivated-5f956b96dc672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5f956b96dc672
Member since 2007 • 2218 Posts

Opinions?

Baurus_1
thats like saying "soul caliber 1 is WAY better than Ocarina of Time"....these games are completely different genres
ps3weee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ps3weee
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
Threads on system wars gets more stupid for every day , yesterday it was SSBB >>> HALO 3 and now it's Assain's creed >>> Mass effect. YOU CAN'T compare 2 totaly different games. BTW,I bet you Mass effect will score higher , I will buy both games the first day. One thing that bothers me with assasin's creed and it's the only thing that bothers me with the game really is the combat. while you are fighting one of them enemies the others just stand and look at you , there is a video where an enemy stands right in fron of your back and he is just standing there watching you fight , he don't bother even to try and attack you...
xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

Opinions?

Baurus_1
WTF!! THERE IS NO TURN- BASED COMBAT IN MASS EFFECT!!! YOU NEED TO RESEARCH THE GAME A LITTLE MORE!
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

I am interested in both games. I will pick up ME first day because I enjoy RPG's. ME's combat can be turn based or real time, you can pause the action to give orders to your allies and such. It is an RPG first and just has some shooter elements thrown in.

Assassins Creed looks very promising but I will probably rent because the replay and overall length appear to be limited. I am also concerned because in several of the encounters that I have seen the guards wait and look at you while you dispatch their allies effectively coming at you one at a time, similar to the old ninja movies of the late seventies and early eighties.

As far as a game getting more hype because it is exclusive, well that is the way the game is played...exclusives sell consoles and push forward the "my system is better than yours" hype. I don't like it any more than you do but that is just the way it goes.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I disagree
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts
[QUOTE="Baurus_1"][QUOTE="Chaos_Daro"]

kaealy

The stealth and exploration look awesome in AC.

The Dark Brotherhood quest chain is as overrated as the rest of oblivion. You really need to play more games if you think oblivion is even close to be the best RPG out there.

While I agree with you that their are better RPG's available, the line of action title and RPG are getting blurred. RPG elements are being added to every genre and Oblivion is an action RPG IMO. I love how when a game becomes popular enough to be mainstream it is no longer "the cool thing" and must be brought down and people feel the need to say things like "it's a noob RPG...It's not even an RPG...It's a casual game". \

Oblivion is, IMO; the best RPG experience available on either the 360 or the PS3 right now and was one of the reasons that I purchased a 360 in the first place, I was so ticked off when it got delayed so that Bethesda could have two really good business quarters in a row.

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

Quote me on this assissins creed is not going to get AAA!... with out a doubt one of the most blindly hype new IP games and for what a man that climbs... damn this is pretty much Prince of persia but open ended.

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

Opinions?

Baurus_1
JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JimJackJose
Member since 2002 • 2937 Posts

1) Completely different games really shouldnt be compared head to head

2) Mass Effect's battles are real time with a option to pause and set strategies any time you want

3) Happy I am getting them both

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I will play both titles on the 360, something only the 360 can do. :P

I,ll let you know when finished with them, which is the better game.

I'll go on record as saying; M.E. seems to be the real winner but will see after all is said & done.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

Ahahahahaahah.

No. Mass Effect is far superior.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

Mass Effect is real time, bu tyou can pause to set abilities and such.

And Oblivion is most definitely NOT one of the best RPG's ever.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

In all seriousness, I'm one of those people that is highly interested in Assassins Creed and yet I think the game is getting too much positive hype for my tastes. Between the two there is absolutely no comparison to me, at least atthis point in timeMass Effect comes first to me. From the many angles your decisions can influence the flow of the story, to the refined dialogue system etc.If Bioware comes through, there is a lot of fresh and awsome material that will definitely grab me for hours.

Now Assassins Creed is another story. I can see potencial problems on its battle system,the AI as well; (most of mynegative feelings of it coming from chases, wich don't seem that challenging to begin with) the absolute huge size of the game wich unlike ME might just go to waste... There are a lot of factors that might just bite AC in the arse. Nonetheless it's one of those titles that I'm excited to see how it turns out in the end and one of my most expected titlesthis year.

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
They both are completely different. I hope AC's combat works out for the best.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#31 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Who cares?

The Lemmings get both anyway.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

Quote me on this assissins creed is not going to get AAA!... with out a doubt one of the most blindly hype new IP games and for what a man that climbs... damn this is pretty much Prince of persia but open ended.

sadikovic

1. Assassins Creed is not much hyped....not even close to the hype Bore Effect is getting
2. Assassins Creed >>> Bore Effect

if Bore Effect gets a 9.0 then Assassins Creed is a 10.0 8)

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
4 points, 1- AC > ME, 2- AC =/= POP in gameplay, 3- Oblivion is not the best RPG, only because it scored AAA doesn't mean it is good, Bioshock( or any shooter ) >>>>Oblivion, 4- AC is my GOTY.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Haven't we learned anything from watching gameplay trailers to make conslusions about a games final quality?

Lair, Blue Dragon, I am looking at you guys!

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

4 points, 1- AC > ME, 2- AC =/= POP in gameplay, 3- Oblivion is not the best RPG, only because it scored AAA doesn't mean it is good, Bioshock( or any shooter ) >>>>Oblivion, 4- AC is my GOTY.HAZE-Unit

1. Don't judge games before they are out.

2. See point #1

3. How can you compare a shooter with mild RPG elements to an RPG?

4. See point #1.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
I would make a SW bet that MA outscores AC. Let me know if you wanna bet something based only on score from gamespot TC
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Two totally different kinds of games, but if it boiled down to buying one of the other, i'd go with AC.

The gameplay is much more appealing to me, and the story is feaking epic (yes I spoiled it for myself - has awesome twists).

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Opinions?

Baurus_1

They will both be great games, I just think gameplay wise assassins creed looks alot more funner, while mass effect has better graphics but looks kind of boring.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]4 points, 1- AC > ME, 2- AC =/= POP in gameplay, 3- Oblivion is not the best RPG, only because it scored AAA doesn't mean it is good, Bioshock( or any shooter ) >>>>Oblivion, 4- AC is my GOTY.SpruceCaboose

1. Don't judge games before they are out.

2. See point #1

3. How can you compare a shooter with mild RPG elements to an RPG?

4. See point #1.

1- Everbody has eyes, who has the better taste will see that AC is the next GTA but in medieval. 2- In Prince of Persia the combat system is very different, the climbing was only CGI cutscenes, no free roaming and you don't ride a horse, POP is more like GOD. . 3- It would be a wall of text to explain so I'll keep it simple 3 words, Oblivion is not RPG IMO. 4- See point #1, AC is my GOTY.
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Baurus_1
bump
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

Opinions?

Baurus_1

Assassins Creeds controls seem lame........no jump button.....the game controls my characters actions? Lame.

Read this statement

"What you're doing is being the guy in the setting, being chased. It's not about you will jump, you will climb, this is not what you are doing when you are being chased. The character will do a lot of stuff, from swinging on a beam, to climbing, to jumping, to hiding, four or five different behaviours, and what's really cool is they are all linked together now."

and this article http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives//007855.html

and tell me what you think? I don't think alot of gamers understand how this game controls and are not going to like it.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
This makes me Laugh Assassins Creed wasn't all that great i played it and trust me i keep saying it won't get above AA Mass Effect just seems so much better.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I'm anticipating Assassins Creed more than Mass Effect. The setting, style of gameplay, and story are more interesting to me.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Thanks for your opinion. I'm excited for both equally.
jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts

Opinions?

Baurus_1

no mass effect looks like it's going to be a big goty contender from bioware who have made several goty contenders in the past. the combat isn't turn based, did you watch the videos?... after getting a 9.75 on gi i am very pumped about this game.

wavedash101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wavedash101
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts
Why the hell are people comparing two completely different games?
jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts
[QUOTE="Zenkuso"][QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

Opinions?

Baurus_1

But it sure looks like it's meant to be played like that, otherwise why have the option? And why bring up a combat options screen during the pausing?

they have the option because they know some people like to use strategy. you're making absolutely no sense whatsoever... just go home.

Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Guitartod
Member since 2007 • 830 Posts

Assassins Creed = Mass Effect IMOmurat8

Agreed

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

Opinions?

Baurus_1

The ME hype has nothing to do with it's exclusivity. It's hyped because it's another Bioware RPG and they make great games.