As a Cow/Lemming, if GS does NOT give SMG AAA....

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TurninTricks
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

I'll be convinced that they are biased and only for the 360. Halo 3 did not deserve a 9.5, and Bioshock didn't either. Ratchet and Clank definitely deserved triple A status but no, I can understand AA but something tells me if they weren't on the .5 increment they would have given R & C a 7.9 just to spite PS3 owners.

It'll be interesting to see what these bastards are gonna do now that they are aware that GS users are starting to harbour animosity towards them for many reasons. They are way too strict when it comes to modding, they're glitchy, their reviews don't justify their scores.

We'll see what happens.

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
Teh Conspiracy?
Strongman98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Strongman98
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts
but htey gave SMG a 10 soooo wasted thread
Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts

but htey gave SMG a 10 soooo wasted threadStrongman98
Review is up?

I've known GS is biased since they changed from videogames.com, actually...

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

I'll be convinced that they are biased and only for the 360. Halo 3 did not deserve a 9.5, and Bioshock didn't either. Ratchet and Clank definitely deserved triple A status but no, I can understand AA but something tells me if they weren't on the .5 increment they would have given R & C a 7.9 just to spite PS3 owners.

It'll be interesting to see what these bastards are gonna do now that they are aware that GS users are starting to harbour animosity towards them for many reasons. They are way too strict when it comes to modding, they're glitchy, their reviews don't justify their scores.

We'll see what happens.

TurninTricks

rofl no....but yeh SMG should be AAA

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Different reviewers = different taste. Jeff gave Halo 3 a 9.5 because he liked and gave out his reasons, even though I disagree about the story and the A.I. (It great but they used some equipment that were completely useless). However, the R&CF review was complete bull but so were SotC, Zelda: TP, and MP3. If anything, some of the reviewers in GSare too nitpicky and sometimes too easy.

So if anyone's biased, it's the reviewer, not the whole gamesite/magazine.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts

We'll see what happens.

TurninTricks

1. Thats why BioShockgot a 9 :|

2. Jeff, Aaron or any other reviewer does not come to System Wars. Infact, they despise it. Jeff made a post mocking you fanboys and your ignorance. I'm almost sure Casey and the other mods don't PM them and say "hey the ps3 fanboys hyped game x to get AA, you should give it a 7.5 just to get them mad"

TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TurninTricks
[QUOTE="TurninTricks"]

We'll see what happens.

xDonRobx

2. Jeff, Aaron or any other reviewer does not come to System Wars. Infact, they despise it. Jeff made a post mocking you fanboys and your ignorance. I'm almost sure Casey and the other mods don't PM them and say "hey the ps3 fanboys hyped game x to get AA, you should give it a 7.5 just to get them mad"

Sorry I meant Bioshock didnt deserve triple a, that game sucked

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
I think this is a big part of the problem right now. The hype train for Galaxy has completely jumped its tracks and now pretty much everyone (regardless of whether they've played it yet or not) expects, nay! demands a AAA.
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
i think SMG deserve a 9 nothing less nothing more !
Pripyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pripyat
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts
1UP gave VF5 x360 a 10 and SMG a 9.5, so anything can happen.
bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

We'll see what happens.

TurninTricks

If it was just Gamespot that gave Halo 3 and Bioshock AAA, than you might have a point. But since gamerankings seems to support both those reviews nicely, than I'm going to have to say that you don't know what you are talking about. If you are trying to convince people that Gamespot, as well as over 100 other reviews are wrong, thanyou just come off as pathetic.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
SMG will be my personal 10, which is all I care about these days.
TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TurninTricks
Halo 3 deserves a 9.0 Bioshock deserves double a
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
No your just blinded by the fact that nothing wii or ps3 is AAA worthy.
bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bezaire2005

Halo 3 deserves a 9.0 Bioshock deserves double aTurninTricks

gamerankings disagrees.

dk_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dk_2007
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts

2. Jeff, Aaron or any other reviewer does not come to System Wars.Infact, they despise it. Jeff made a post mocking you fanboys and your ignorance. I'm almost sure Casey and the other mods don't PM them and say "hey the ps3 fanboys hyped game x to get AA, you should give it a 7.5 just to get them mad"

xDonRobx

if they dont come here then I wonder that how do they know so much about fanboys and SW?

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Uh...

I personally wouldn't care. I have no interest in MArio Galaxy, and not having played it I can't really judge what score it deserves.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

I think this is a big part of the problem right now. The hype train for Galaxy has completely jumped its tracks and now pretty much everyone (regardless of whether they've played it yet or not) expects, nay! demands a AAA.D0013ER

Have you seen any videos of SMG's later levels? I was hella underwhelmed by MP3, SPM, and TP, but SMG just looks amazing in a way that no other game this gen aside from Halo 3 has looked.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy will score AAA....I know the GS critics aren't fanboys or are going to be pretentious by giving it below 9.0, I know it. If they can give Halo 3 (which hasn't changed much) a 9.5, they can give SMG a AAA.
bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bezaire2005

Super Mario Galaxy will score AAA....are no the GS critics aren't fanboys or are going to be pretentious by giving it below 9.0, I know it. If they can give Halo 3 (which hasn't changed much) a 9.5, they can give SMG a AAA. majadamus

hasn't changed much?

Forge

4 player coop online

equipment: generators, degenerators, bubble shield, portable gravity lift, trip mine etc.

vehicles: mongoose, elephant, chopper etc.

weapons: onehand shotgun, gravity hammer, lazer etc.

ability to record, save, and playback footage and share it all over the Internet with website support unmatched anywhere.

better graphics

better physics

...what other console sequal shooterfrom last generation to this generation has changed more?

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

We'll see what happens.

TurninTricks
lol, fakeboy, Bioshock did not get a 9.5 and whether or not you feel either game did or did not deserve their scores is opinion. Also, to annoint SMG AAAA and demand GS give it a Prime 10 score or they are bias is so fanboyish.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
mario ftw
TiberiusKane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TiberiusKane
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
Bioshock sucked? Gamespot is biased if they don't give a game you probably haven't played AAA? This thread is wrong on so many levels.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#25 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts
You would think people would feel rather stupid for demanding a AAA score for a game they have not played yet....
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

We'll see what happens.

TurninTricks

I think someone is just angry because a game they thought would be amazing got a bad score on GS.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Well, if SMG gets a bad score here, I will...

...Shut up and not make a big deal about it. :D

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="majadamus"]Super Mario Galaxy will score AAA....are no the GS critics aren't fanboys or are going to be pretentious by giving it below 9.0, I know it. If they can give Halo 3 (which hasn't changed much) a 9.5, they can give SMG a AAA. bezaire2005

hasn't changed much?

Forge

4 player coop online

equipment: generators, degenerators, bubble shield, portable gravity lift, trip mine etc.

ability to record, save, and playback footage and share it all over the Internet with website support unmatched anywhere.

better graphics

better physics

...what other console sequal shooterfrom last generation to this generation has changed more?

Nuh uh. Halo 3's graphics were so comparable to Halo 2's, it's not even funny. They're basically just retouched.

Halo 3 isn't a revolution. If you want a revolution, go look at Crysis.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

He doesn't like the 360 scores, and he doesn't like the Wii: http://www.gamespot.com/users/TurninTricks/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25196885#post_comment

Now, what does that make him? :)

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
I agree as a cow/hermit. Bioshock didnt deserve a 9.5 just for having such a crappy ending and super easy boss(they called ratchet easy?!?! Its boss was actually a bit difficult!) Halo ehhh i wont even state my opnion. But SMG deserves AAA. Hell its making me WANT a wii.
-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Tretiak
Member since 2007 • 2416 Posts

I agree as a cow/hermit. Bioshock didnt deserve a 9.5 just for having such a crappy ending and super easy boss(they called ratchet easy?!?! Its boss was actually a bit difficult!) Halo ehhh i wont even state my opnion. But SMG deserves AAA. Hell its making me WANT a wii.Sully28

Talk about bias. You criticize BioShock for having a disappointing ending, yet you praise SMG AAA without even playing the full game? Ugh.

tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
[QUOTE="xDonRobx"][QUOTE="TurninTricks"]

We'll see what happens.

TurninTricks

And there goes your credibility.

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts

TurninTricks
so you're saying that R&C deserves AAA but BioShock doesn't? lol :lol:
niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts
"teh game has too much variety and not enough space marines" gamespot review
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
Smg shouldent be AAA.But ill agree on this.Halo 3 dident diserve a 9.5 .A 9.0 at best, maybe a 8.5.But Bioshock diserved what it got.
7fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 7fold
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts

The average Bioshock review was a 96% among 75 game review sites according to metacritic. So if anything GS didnt rate it high enough.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts
[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

2. Jeff, Aaron or any other reviewer does not come to System Wars.Infact, they despise it. Jeff made a post mocking you fanboys and your ignorance. I'm almost sure Casey and the other mods don't PM them and say "hey the ps3 fanboys hyped game x to get AA, you should give it a 7.5 just to get them mad"

dk_2007

if they dont come here then I wonder that how do they know so much about fanboys and SW?

They don't refer to fanboys by animal terms. Also, its really not that hard to know how a fanboy talks/acts.

Have you even stepped into the real word and out of System Wars? There are fanboys everywhere, not just on here.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"]

[QUOTE="majadamus"]Super Mario Galaxy will score AAA....are no the GS critics aren't fanboys or are going to be pretentious by giving it below 9.0, I know it. If they can give Halo 3 (which hasn't changed much) a 9.5, they can give SMG a AAA. princeofshapeir

hasn't changed much?

Forge

4 player coop online

better graphics

better physics

Nuh uh. Halo 3's graphics were so comparable to Halo 2's, it's not even funny. They're basically just retouched.

Halo 3 isn't a revolution. If you want a revolution, go look at Crysis.

Go look at Gamespots comparison...if you are denying a solid difference than you are blind. Otherwise, I listed lots of other points that support what I said. Graphics aren't everything, and if you don't approve of them than the strong reviews, strong sales, and strong xboxlive numbers goes to show how great this game really is.

Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Guitartod
Member since 2007 • 830 Posts

We'll see what happens.

TurninTricks

I think Mario Galaxy has a good chance at AAAA!!!!and this is coming from a lemming

codemaster44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 codemaster44
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

Halo 3 deserved a 9.5 for sure as for ratchet and clank (played it at a buddy of mines house)it was a fun game but not my cup of tea so i would have given it a low score.

Exeed_Orbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Exeed_Orbit
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
MGS 4 doesn't HAVE to be AAA, MGS 3 wasn't, so it's possible that 4 won't be AAA either
jcant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jcant
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
You've never even played SMG, how do you know what it deserves? They are supposed to just give out AAA's so its equal now? Ever think that the 360 just has better games?
bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bezaire2005

I think that if I was 10 years old again, I'd definitley think supermario deserved a AAA. Maybe Gamespot should have a "kids" section on their site with ratings geared towards the younger crowd that like playing games like warioware or cooking mama. And than when the little kids get older they can move towards the kinds of games that are above kid's maturity.

BigJerm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BigJerm1
Member since 2004 • 938 Posts

You've never even played SMG, how do you know what it deserves? They are supposed to just give out AAA's so its equal now? Ever think that the 360 just has better games?jcant

Shhhh, don't tell anyone. It's a closely guarded secret around here that GS owes it to *insert console name* owners to award AAA scores to hyped games. Forget about the fact that, as you pointed out, none of us have even played the game. Just give it a 9 or higher because we WANT it to score that high for some fanboy fantasy war. I wish more people would read your post and realize how idiotic they sound.

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

[QUOTE="Sully28"]I agree as a cow/hermit. Bioshock didnt deserve a 9.5 just for having such a crappy ending and super easy boss(they called ratchet easy?!?! Its boss was actually a bit difficult!) Halo ehhh i wont even state my opnion. But SMG deserves AAA. Hell its making me WANT a wii.-Tretiak

Talk about bias. You criticize BioShock for having a disappointing ending, yet you praise SMG AAA without even playing the full game? Ugh.

I feel the same way as him. Does that make me biased? Not saying bioshock was bad, I think 9.0 is a fair score for it. But 8.5 would have been acceptable. Anyway, Whilst I don't know what SMG deserves, as I haven't played it, The little bit I have seen of it has me *almost* wanting a wii. I just wish I didn't have to use that ridiculous controller to play it -_-

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it deserves AAA, be that 9.0 or 9.5. However, that said, after R&CF's score, I wouldn't be surprised if GS went and gave SMG anything between 1.0 and 9.5. They seem to be completely random with the score. Some reviewers are too lenient with high scores, and some are too retentive and give too harsh/low scores. Then some reviewers actually do their jobs. (this used to be the majority, but since LoZ:TP got a low score, and the new review system came into effect, it seems the reviewers have gotten lazy. Also *Certain* reviewer/s just don't have the talent I feel a true video game journalist should have.

BuddaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BuddaX
Member since 2004 • 2583 Posts

I think that if I was 10 years old again, I'd definitley think supermario deserved a AAA. Maybe Gamespot should have a "kids" section on their site with ratings geared towards the younger crowd that like playing games like warioware or cooking mama. And than when the little kids get older they can move towards the kinds of games that are above kid's maturity.

bezaire2005

1. You haven't played through SMG, so you don't know what it deserves.

2. I think your into video games for the wrong reason. Video games are meant to be fun whether that's killing Nazi's or Zombies or collecting stars.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

dk_2007

Fanboys do exist outside of System Wars.

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
Gamespot aren't biased at all
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
[QUOTE="dk_2007"][QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

TyrantDragon55

Fanboys do exist outside of System Wars.

But system wars breeds its fanboys with special vitamins and nutrients, to make them extra blind, and extra dense. :P