Are you interested in getting the new Xbox scarlet?

• 75 results
N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you interested in getting the new Xbox scarlet? (104 votes)

Yes 38%
No 51%
free spin! bonus round! 11%

I think i'm honestly in. I like the treatment the X did for the whole xbox library(through all systems). Game pass is looking great, and a new Halo looks great.

Count me as interested!

• 
Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Yup! Did I miss something or did they not talk about multiple skus launching?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#52 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Not at all. I already have the best Xbox. It's called PC. :)

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

I'm looking to upgrade to a new PC with Ryzen 3k, so no.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

The combination of streaming, new consoles, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate gives me options. My thanks to Microsoft for releasing its games on PC and Sony for hopefully improving the streaming service so I can play the Sony games I'd like to play.

But that does lead to the decision of Scarlett or new PC. Buying a PC from scratch (currently use a decent Laptop) would be expensive but could be the way to go this time. Hopefully PC components will be small enough and powerful enough to build something more powerful but in the same foot space of a console.

Failing that I'll buy Scarlett and stream Sony to my laptop.

4k OLED this year with better surround, console/pc next for me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@tdkmillsy: Yup, I see all these fanboys going wild because Xbox doesn't have any true exclusives anymore. But MS is actually in the best position they have ever been at the moment: they offer choice.

Xbox or PC

Buying seperate games or subscription based

MS store or Steam

What other company is offering such choice that at the moment?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Yes. Right now, I'm like 95% more likely to get Scarlett over PS5, and don't see anything changing to swap those numbers.

I am PC first, and just upgraded to RTX/Ryzen, and don't think anything will be worth upgrading to anytime in next 2 years and let alone 4 years. Cause even this upgrade that was 4 years later was half the upgrade I did prior in same 4 year difference. Scarlett will for sure be stronger than my PC, so talking in 2 years my Xbox will stronger and likely will be so for 2 years or so. Even if $500, I will trade in the X, so likely talking $350, which ain't gonna do shit for my PC.

I like having a main console, and this gen people say PS4 cause exclusives and everything else on PC, but with this Ultimate Pass, it gives me reason to pick Scarlett over PS5, plus super stoked on that Elite Controller 2, and love the game pass. To me, PC/Xbox is an ecosystem, while PS5/Switch is just some other thing I should get as a luxury exclusive box.

Now if Sony wasn't in the gutter between censorship, crossplay, lack of refunds, downgrading PS Now, selling cheap plastic emulator boxes and now copying Nintendo and doing Directs, maybe I'd be in a position to have faith, but I don't. They can make great exclusives, but so can Nintendo.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Halo is a launch title so I'm swaying more towards that saying that I don't usually get a console at launch.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

4x the processing power of the X Yes please

Both next gen consoles look great

And at a fraction of the price of a pc equivalent no doubt

When is the Sony e3 showing all ps new games? This is for the fanboys asking where the new games were last night.

Oh they have none. But just like scarlet we will see their next gen stuff next e3

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#59 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@tdkmillsy said:

The combination of streaming, new consoles, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate gives me options. My thanks to Microsoft for releasing its games on PC and Sony for hopefully improving the streaming service so I can play the Sony games I'd like to play.

But that does lead to the decision of Scarlett or new PC. Buying a PC from scratch (currently use a decent Laptop) would be expensive but could be the way to go this time. Hopefully PC components will be small enough and powerful enough to build something more powerful but in the same foot space of a console.

Failing that I'll buy Scarlett and stream Sony to my laptop.

4k OLED this year with better surround, console/pc next for me.

This may interest you. A4-SFX V4 Mini-ITX or their are cheap plastic cases about.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Scarlet O'Haha...

I hope its actually metallic red in color, to match my metallic red bread machine and coffee maker.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Xbox brand and games never appealed to me so no.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Considering the last time I had a xbox was he 360, uh, no.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

No. if i do buy any of MSs games then itll be on the PC. so the console has little use for me.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I think Mighty X1X MonsterBox will suffice until MS lets the yuuuge Anaconda outta the cage. :P

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#65  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

I'll probably treat it like this gen and wait for a good while before I get an Xbox Scarlet.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#66  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@n64dd said:

What would have interested you?

For me it would have to be a next gen game running on the system with more detail in the world. Or a decent looking Xbox One game like BFV running on the Scarlett at 120 fps. And maybe a better quality controller that is also optimized for (wireless) PC gaming (like by supporting standard bluetooth dongles) would have interested me. I would like them to fix the cheap shoulder buttons and get a better quality d-pad.

Using SSD's is a good step though. And it may be too early to show anything optimized for the Scarlett.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

They really need better games and new IPs, especially a good open-world one. So right now, my interest is still the same as it was with Xbox One, which means it will be a "NO" from me. I was told MS would turn things around this E3 (how many times have I heard that). Their recent showing looks like the same MS stuff I've always seen. Where is this dramatic company turnaround and massive shift that would turn heads?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Nah I already have a PC and all those games will be released there as well. Thanks, MS.

@davillain- said:

Nope. I'll be upgrading my CPU once the 3900X reviews are out and see if this new Ryzen 9 is worthy and once that's done, I'm done upgrading my PC for this gen but I do wish MS a good luck with Xbox Scarlet. Not to mention, all MS games are coming to PC, so what's the point in me buying another Xbox console?

My plan as well.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@n64dd said:

For me it would have to be a next gen game running on the system with more detail in the world. Or a decent looking Xbox One game like BFV running on the Scarlett at 120 fps. And maybe a better quality controller that is also optimized for (wireless) PC gaming (like by supporting standard bluetooth dongles) would have interested me. I would like them to fix the cheap shoulder buttons and get a better quality d-pad.

Using SSD's is a good step though. And it may be too early to show anything optimized for the Scarlett.

BF5 running at 120FPS?... Maybe at the same setting's and resolution as the X1S, but maxed out at 4K not even a 2080 Ti can give you 120FPS.

I don't think some of you are aware just what GPU power you need to run most games at over 30FPS at 4K.

I cannot wait till the GPU specs are revealed at the inevitable sub 10TFLOP counts and the consoles have launched with games running at 30FPS because of ray tracing. Seriously you people are so disconnected from hardware its actually scary.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I'm torn. It also depends on where my wife and I are at financially/job wise in a year. I have basically 3 options:

1. Get Scarlet and the Gold/Gamepass monthly combo. $15 a month isn't much, it's a great deal to play those exclusives like Halo right away, but it adds up to be $180 a year, and it stinks to know that $180 is going towards stuff I won't own.

2. Get Scarlet or PS5 and buy the games I want as they release.

3. Stick with Xbox One, Switch, Retro, and pick up a PS4 super cheap down the road. There are plenty of games on Xbox One that I haven't gotten to play that are all very cheap or will be cheap in 2 years.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#71  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@n64dd said:

BF5 running at 120FPS?... Maybe at the same setting's and resolution as the X1S, but maxed out at 4K not even a 2080 Ti can give you 120FPS.

I don't think some of you are aware just what GPU power you need to run most games at over 30FPS at 4K.

I cannot wait till the GPU specs are revealed at the inevitable sub 10TFLOP counts and the consoles have launched with games running at 30FPS because of ray tracing. Seriously you people are so disconnected from hardware its actually scary.

Oh no not at 4k. I meant at 1080p or 2k if it can output at that resolution, preferably on very high+ settings. I'm a bit of an edge-case: I mainly connect my consoles to PC monitors. I don't care much for 4k resolution.

I think it may be able to pull that off.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@n64dd said:

Oh no not at 4k. I meant at 1080p or 2k if it can output at that resolution, preferably on very high+ settings. I'm a bit of an edge-case: I mainly connect my consoles to PC monitors. I don't care much for 4k resolution.

I think it may be able to pull that off.

Would actually be ideal really... A $499 X4 that supports keyboard and mouse and adaptive sync a 1440P FreeSync 2 panel paired with it could give you a great PC gaming experience for 1/2 price of a PC equivalent.

The only issue is there is not much incentive for developers to chase 120FPS since the market is not there, but I am sure due to the fact that options are now a option on consoles that there just might be a 120FPS 1440p option for shooters.

Who knows, but the power of Navi is going to hold back true 4K/60FPS gaming for most games especially when ray tracing starts to be a thing, but again options are here to stay so 60FPS version will be there I hope and the CPU can keep up so that bottleneck is gone.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#73 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

People should remember Navi is a replacement for Polaris (Mid-Range). 120 FPS is not ever happening unless you are talking about shitty indie games.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

I have a strong PC which will be able to play all of the games presented at their E3. I like MS approach! All I will need to do really is get a PS5 and I will have access to pretty much every single game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#75 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Who can say what the future holds. For now, no. I'm good with my so-so PC and my Switch.

It'll be interesting to see how the games lineup look for the PS5 and Scarlet closer to launch though.