Are you excited for E3 even though Sony won't be there?

• 105 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24154 posts) -

Sony was one of the more entertaining companies to watch at E3 although last year's was kinda lame. But still, it was worth watching compared to what else usually goes on. Now that Sony won't be there this year, will you still be watching E3, SW? Nintendo will do their normal Direct spiel and Microsoft will most likely try to steal the show now that they're alone. I guess I'll still watch. How about you?

#2 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (18841 posts) -

Lol, biased much?

#3 Edited by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

Of course!

#4 Edited by Archangel3371 (27892 posts) -

Yep, I’m definitely still excited for E3 this year.

#5 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: "Microsoft will most likely try to steal the show now that they're alone"

Maybe you should try to steal some brain cells.

#6 Posted by Mandzilla (4082 posts) -

Entertaining? All I can remember from Sony's E3 show last year was a flute solo.

#7 Posted by adsparky (1375 posts) -

I'm always excited for E3, but I have been disappointed for several years in a row.

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (21415 posts) -

Devolver Digital makes E3 for me.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#9 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24154 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: "Microsoft will most likely try to steal the show now that they're alone"

Not like you would be the source for some - OH SNAP!!

#10 Posted by ProtossRushX (5328 posts) -

not really sony is the reason i watch e3 i will be following sony closely on their announcements

#11 Posted by SeaHorseWoman (4 posts) -

Not really. Without Sony, the biggest gaming company in the world, there's no real competition to measure the other press conferences. What a shame.

#12 Posted by avenger85 (225 posts) -

I’m excited, I’m hoping we get some information on the next Xbox.

Plus I want to see gameplay for battletoads and halo infinite. A new splinter cell and/or Ninja Gaiden would be nice too.

At least I’m sure there is no way E3 will be more disappointing than the last blizzcon... at least I hope so.

#13 Posted by p3anut (6294 posts) -

Nintendo should have a good E3, with Sword & Shield, Bayo 3, astro chain, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion to name a few. Plus new game reveals, I'm also expecting to see Monolith Soft's new game for Switch to be shown as well.

#14 Posted by AJStyles (812 posts) -

Sony will still win E3 despite not being there.

No one but niche fanboys likes Nintendo’s E3’s and Microsoft consistently fails at everything they do.

Somehow Microsoft will botch the Xbox 2 reveal so bad that the internet will declare Sony the winner.

#15 Posted by warmblur (2333 posts) -

Yes

#16 Posted by Speeny (1619 posts) -

Yeah. I'm mainly going to watch for Nintendo. Hopefully something Animal Crossing will be shown. Which I guarantee it will be.

#17 Posted by DaVillain- (36429 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

Not like you would be the source for some - OH SNAP!!

Sony or not, let's just watch E3 as we gamers always do and discuss during the events.

PC Game Show is what I'm looking forward to in the matter of speaking.

#18 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@mandzilla: Wait!!! Are you telling me Alyson Hannigan gave a live demonstration last year at Sony's E3 conference?

#19 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Cows couldn't handle my brain cells, just like you can't handle the truth :)

#20 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18841 posts) -
@mandzilla said:

Entertaining? All I can remember from Sony's E3 show last year was a flute solo.

Lol...

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#21 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3113 posts) -

I’m more excited. There won’t be as many 5 minute, pre-rendered “in engine” movie trailers to suffer through.

#22 Posted by SOedipus (11445 posts) -

No, but I haven't been excited for E3 for years.

#23 Edited by madrocketeer (6588 posts) -

It's going to be a little less meaty E3 this year for sure, but I'll still be watching. It's become a personal tradition at this stage. I'll continue it as long as E3 continues to exist.

#24 Posted by watercrack445 (1540 posts) -

Mirosoft will still do horribly next E3, probably will announce more acquisitions LMAO

#25 Posted by Ant_17 (12410 posts) -

Phil ready said he ain't done buying out studios. BonE3 will be 3rd party games and flexing their bank account with studios.

#26 Posted by sakaiXx (5468 posts) -

No. But I will watch xbox presentation for 3rd party multiplat announcements. Hope for a good multiplat this year for ps4

#27 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30972 posts) -

Sure, to be honest I didn't really miss Nintendo there either.

#28 Posted by Sushiglutton (7203 posts) -

Sony used to have their conference at an unwatchable time for Europeans. And you kind of have to watch these things live. Anyway I'm excited for MS conference and in particular what they will say about next gen.

#29 Posted by Sevenizz (3815 posts) -

Sony shows are always boring anyway and I just skip it and yawn through the bullet points online.

It’ll be like always for me. Watch the Xbox show and skip everything else.

#30 Posted by djoffer (1310 posts) -

After their gigantic flute flop last year, you can’t really blame Sony for throwing in the towel..

But yeah I’ll watch it, looking forward to the pc show as always and hopefully some more info on cyperpunk 2077!

#31 Posted by UItravioIence (1190 posts) -

Nah. I'll probably skip e3 this year. I only watched Sony's conference anyway. I do hope Microsoft announces a VR headset so I get to laugh at all the lems who start suddenly hyping it.

#32 Posted by pmanden (630 posts) -

Excited indeed. There are always some interesting announcements on E3. It will also be interesting to see if Microsoft will reveal anything about their next console, though I doubt it.

#36 Posted by freedomfreak (51181 posts) -

Their presentations are awful, so I'm actually more excited this year. Get rid of EA, Bethesda and Square Enix, too.

#37 Posted by Sevenizz (3815 posts) -

@uitravioience: Poor thing. The past few E3s must’ve been very uneventful for you as Sony shows are usually borefests.

#38 Posted by Random_Matt (4116 posts) -

Unless Fable 4 is announced, then it will be shit.

#39 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Sony will still win E3 despite not being there.

No one but niche fanboys likes Nintendo’s E3’s and Microsoft consistently fails at everything they do.

Somehow Microsoft will botch the Xbox 2 reveal so bad that the internet will declare Sony the winner.

Get your son some help Mrs Styles as he desperately needs it :(

#40 Posted by TheEroica (18410 posts) -

I love the energy around E3... Always exciting to see what new things companies are up to. Sad that Sony didn't have the bullets to share this time around.

#41 Posted by UItravioIence (1190 posts) -

@Sevenizz: I'm ok. Thanks

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#42 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1439 posts) -

I would love to see Halo Infinite and Need For Speed 2019 so hopefully E3 2019 will be good!

#43 Posted by Fedor (4877 posts) -

E3 is dead.

#44 Posted by shellcase86 (4391 posts) -

No, my excitement has definitely dropped. Sony was the company to get me to watch E3. I ended up watching conferences as a result, but Sony was the driver for that traffic from me.

#45 Posted by tormentos (29007 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

With what multiplatform games that you can get on PC or PS4?

I am sure anything NItendo will probably be switch exclusive i don't think MS will has much,the only thing they will probably do is talk about future plans and sell a true 16K machine so that lemmings believe that shit once again.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#46 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (45151 posts) -

I'll be interested to see what Bethesda has in store for us.

#47 Edited by jeezers (2812 posts) -

theres always something cool announced at E3 so ill check it out, im not really looking forward to anything from sony right now. Sony is in a drought until next gen it looks like. That's probably why they opt out.

#48 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2362 posts) -

Not particularly interested in E3 this year. Tired of announcements that are nowhere near completion and new trailers for sh*t we've already seen. Any new Cyberpunk 2077 news would be nice, I guess

#49 Posted by BoxRekt (1211 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

I’m more excited. There won’t be as many 5 minute, pre-rendered “in engine” movie trailers to suffer through.

That's, actually dumb coming from an xbox fan.

You do realize that MS has had more cgi movie trailers this gen than Sony right? Oh you didn't? You just randomly say dumb shit because you think it sounds good.

In all likely hood you actually WILL see PRE-RENDERED "in engien" movie trailers because it's MS. MS has strung gulible lemmings along ALL GENERATION with pre-rendered CGI trailers. SMH, just when you think xbox fanboys can't get any more delusional.

While Sony already showed lengthy TLOU2, Ghosts of Tsushima and Death Standing GAMEPLAY footage,

Why don't you tell us about that your real Halo Infinalte "gameplay" footage that's been shown?

#50 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

Not really honestly.