• 110 results
Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Are you done with blizzard games? (85 votes)

Yes, not supporting their frat culture 40%
No, i care about games not agendas 38%
Other, explain 22%

I’m done with blizzard games now. I was onboard for diable 2 resurrection but I will not support their work culture.

• 
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

No.

Martyr me.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1042 Posts

I was never really into their games to begin with. Only one I gave any time to was Overwatch and I haven't played that in a while.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Never was into their games. Interested in diablo 2 remake.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

Never started.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

When's the last time a Blizzard game was on Playstation? I think the last I played was WoW back in 2004.

As far as the work place allegations... do what you feel is right. Not sure if this needed to be a separate topic from the main one though. Just seems like virtue signaling.

Original thread:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-33564680/

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

I’ve been done with them since Diablo 3. Nothing they’ve come out with in the intervening time convinced me to come back; in fact after hearing about what they’ve done to Warcraft 3 Retooled it’s clear this is a company that doesn’t deserve fan support.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Oh yeah. It's disgusting and I hope the main offenders get held accountable for it (they won't, they will quit with minimal dishonor and count their money).

I was done with Blizzard when they supported the Chinese government in oppressing their citizens. Fucking awful company with awful people stacked at the top. Cowards, too.

Regardless, there are better ARPGs like Diablo that aren't Diablo. The only game I might be sad to miss out on is WoW when my friends decide they want to play again - even then it's not really that fun except for the fact that I'm hanging with my friends. I skipped last expac and they all got bored of it within a month. Glad I didn't get back into it.

Starcraft and Warcraft were always bad RTS games. It's true, come at me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I wish I could say yes as I definitely think that what went on was abhorrent and those responsible should be held accountable. However I’m weak and in all likelihood will get Diablo II Remake and Diablo IV when they come out.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@rmpumper said:

Never started.

Same, they have been doing service games since before that term existed.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15916 Posts

Done with Blizzard long time ago after their Diablo 3 PC release fiasco. Haven't bought anything from blizzard since even ignored Starcraft 2 expansions. Also Starcraft 2, I still not over this. We used to get 3 campaigns in Starcraft and Warcraft 3 but only 1 in base SC2?? Blizzard thinks I am gonna spend money on expansions to continue the story after they did that lmao. I'm no Nintendo fan we don't just buy those shit fuxk off.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

I don't care about them.

They work for evil to begin with.

As long as a game is good and give me "feel good" brain feeling, i'm happy.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#12 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

The last time I played a Blizzard game was when I beat StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void back in 2017. I've been thankfully free of Diablo II's addictive clutches for over a decade, and physically can't even play these games any more anyway. I have no interest in multiplayer games.

I therefore have no vested interest in the company or their games, and have no comment on the allegations or the lawsuit. Just hope the situation can be calmly resolved to the satisfaction of all parties involved, though in this day and age, I'm not counting on it.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I didn't pay much attention to the allegations against them, but I hardly played their games either way. I played a lot of Diablo 3 when it launched, but I haven't played it in years, and wouldn't care if I didn't play part 4 when it releases. I have no idea if I would support them in the future. I would have to listen to what is being said to better judge that.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Telekill said:

When's the last time a Blizzard game was on Playstation? I think the last I played was WoW back in 2004.

Overwatch.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

In the 1990s, I bought Warcraft and Warcraft II after playing their demos and enjoyed them. However, I was not interested in Blizzard's other games since then, including World of Warcraft.

Because of its support of a communnist dictatorship and "fratboy" work culture, I can longer support the company.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@fedor: Hmm... Didn't know honestly. That's how much I care about FPS games. 🤷🏻‍♂️

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

Nope.

In fact I've been playing a lot of WoW of late, and I am looking forward to Diablo 4 and the Diablo 2 reboot.

It's important to remember that ABK (Activision-Blizzard-King) is a giant company that employs thousands of people, most of which are decent people just trying to make a paycheck. If the whole system was corrupt and the company was, I don't know, exploiting resources in the third world using child labor? Sure. Boycott the shit out of it.

But these people make games. And generally some damn fun ones. So let's all just let this play out, see how it goes, and take the stick-of-indignation out of our collective butts. There's already the state of California lawsuit plus I imagine a bunch of other stuff coming down the pipeline, their going to get their's.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Will never support this company again.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

If they make a game I want I'll buy it. If I stopped supporting company's who employ bad/evil people I'd have to boycott everything.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@vfighter said:

If they make a game I want I'll buy it. If I stopped supporting company's who employ bad/evil people I'd have to boycott everything.

Unfortunately true. Not just with games but most stuff in life.

This pampered life we lead didn't come without a cost.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

No - of course I don't support the actions of skeeveballs, but it's not clear to me how boycotting their games is going to punish specifically the d-bags (who are getting pursued through proper channels, no need to shred my cc). Rather, it would "punish" (but real talk: most people don't care and will keep gobbling their stuff up, so my one-man boycott would be a drop in the bucket anyway) everyone at the company. Which is not necessary or warranted.

I am likely to stop turning my head for Blizzard games soon because the old Blizzard I loved is dying a long a painful death on the games development front. That's what'll drive me away. But Diablo 4 looks like a promising attempt at return to form. So - yeah. I'm around until they stop making games that interest me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

I have to be into Blizzard games first to be done with them. 😎

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1394 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: You re a blizzard employee?

Avatar image for deactivated-61654c912328d
deactivated-61654c912328d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-61654c912328d
Member since 2021 • 66 Posts

Warcraft III Reforged really was the final nail in the coffin for me personally. I'm not really interested in any games they have out now or that they're working on. Last great game I enjoyed from Blizzard was Overwatch. They've been downhill ever since...

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@palasta: no?

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#26 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Yep. I havent touched anything on my Battle.net account for a couple years now. Uninstalled last week. Done with that trash company.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Waiting on those reviews for diablo 2 remake (user reviews only) after warcraft 3 reforged I don't trust anyone but users right now.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Gonna get D2 remake.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I still dabble in starcraft 2 and diablo 3 every now and then, might do so later, but I'm sure as hell not giving them anymore money or subbing to WoW ever again. Even if we sidestep their recent controversy the company has been complete trash for nearly a decade, just a shitshow riding on it's former glory to hawk up cashgrab games and lazy, broken content, not to mention PR disasters over and over and over. Blizzard is completely dead at this point and it's high time we all accepted that.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: I will give them a chance to right the ship. But, their games have been buggy messes as of late, so I am not rushing out to get any of them anyway (plus, unless I absolutely have to, I don't game on my PC).

If the ladies end up owning Blizzard, I'll buy stuff from them just to make a point.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Nahh, avid hearthstone player and will probably also get d2 remake. Not sure why I should care enough about the actions of a few random douchebags to boycott their games?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By palasta

I dont know much about the work culture at Blizzard. I dont really care. There are many products i buy by companies with work cultures i am less familiar with.

Looking at those loose accusations with no hard proof - over many years of frat boy activity there should be sth tangible if it was as severe as they say. From a distance it looks more like randomly "social justicing". Especially when i see the equal pay point pop up. It animates me to buy their next true diablo game rather than boycott.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

@palasta said:

I dont know much about the work culture at Blizzard. I dont really care. There are many products i buy by companies with work cultures i am less familiar with.

Looking at those loose accusations with no hard proof - over many years of frat boy activity there should be sth tangible if it was as severe as they say. From a distance it looks more like randomly "social justicing". Especially when i see the equal pay point pop up. It animates me to buy their next true diablo game rather than boycott.

Dude the female person in the same position was making 600k compared to 1.3 million of her male equivalent how is that a good thing?

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

They don't make anything that interests me anymore. Diablo was great back in the Diablo 2 days nowadays there are too many Diablo clones its become an incredibly stale genre and some (POE) do it better. Id perhaps be interested in Warcraft 4 if its not a mobile or console game but that's about it.

lilhurk1985187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lilhurk1985187
Member since 2014 • 571 Posts

Nope. Make good games and i will buy it.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 palasta

@zerothehero: Same position? Ive the same job description as my colleague but i get far less money. Guess its racism.

You dont know what my job is, you dont know my qualifications, you dont know how many years of expertise me or my workmate have.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

I've never been a big Blizzard fan, but between this and the HK controversy, i'd happily not buy their products.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#38 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: I'm not buying (at least not new) or playing Activision games until further notice. I uninstalled Crash Bandicoot off my Switch.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Quited there games for a while now few years i think.

They need to innovate and start serving some new stuff again. Its stagnated to hell and back at this point.

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

I was never a big fan of Blizzard games. Objectively I guess, yes their games are good, but I never really got into any of them outside Warcraft 3 and, to a lesser extent, Starcraft. And even then I just felt the games were good but nothing amazing. Was never a fan of WoW (too grindy), Overwatch (there are better FPSs out there) nor Diablo (not a fan of that genre tbh). Outside of a few games they really have not done much imo anyway over the decades they have been in business

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

The last game I purchased was Overwatch and I still play it from time to time, but I was never a fan of the company, same with Valve. I enjoy Diablo 3 but not on launch day. That said, it's obviously the old staff is long gone before the scandal-hit them and so with that, I have no faith in Diablo 4 and I'm pretty much done with them. That Blizzard CEO was an asshole and handling that China situation really shows what Blizzard has become.

So yeah, I'm done with Blizz cause everyone from the past team is gone.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Not a huge fan of their work but I don’t care about anything outside of a game being good for me to buy it.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 682 Posts

I was done with them since they banned the guy that supported hong kong. Stopped playing and watching starcraft and have not looked back. Now I am in to age of empires and total war. that was the only game they made that was interesting to me anyway, so it was not so hard.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I was never interested about the company or their games anyways, and yeah now they just look like assholes but I am equally uninterested in their games as I was before.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3223 Posts

I never cared for any of their games so I can't say that I'm done with them when I never supported them before.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: **** blizzard, nothing to do with their so called frat culture, more to do with greedy mofo Activision buying them out and turning them into a turd of a company. It's a shell of the greatness it used to be. Warcraft remastered was a joke, they did minimal work and screwed all the loyal fans. Tons of people dissatisfied with the wow franchise too and jumping ship to final fantasy.

The original blizzard team has long ago left, now it's just a shell with the same IP. It's sad some other young company didn't pick up where the old school blizzard left off.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Nope. Diablo 2 and Overwatch 2 are day 1 buys.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

This is clearly an issue with the AAA industry, not just Blizzard.

I've been done with Blizzard for a while anyway. They haven't made anything worthwhile after Diablo 3.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts
@davillain- said:

The last game I purchased was Overwatch and I still play it from time to time, but I was never a fan of the company, same with Valve. I enjoy Diablo 3 but not on launch day. That said, it's obviously the old staff is long gone before the scandal-hit them and so with that, I have no faith in Diablo 4 and I'm pretty much done with them. That Blizzard CEO was an asshole and handling that China situation really shows what Blizzard has become.

So yeah, I'm done with Blizz cause everyone from the past team is gone.

Why no faith in Diablo 4?