Are you craving for next gen announcements at this point?

• 52 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45102 Posts

I want to see the next gen wars begin already! Hopefully we will start seeing some announcements soon. It's already May so hopefully around E3 time we'll see some bombshells. I'm in the next gen mood, especially with next gen consoles expected to launch this holiday. How about you, SW? Are you thinking about next gen at all?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Craving for next-gen stuff, nope. Whenever it gets here, I'll take notice. When you are a PC gamer, you hardly think of anything next-gen stuff.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Nope, couldn't give a shit.

Going to be OCP type motherfuckers sitting in a board room coming up with even more morally bankrupt ways to ruin your hobby.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Going to be OCP type motherfuckers sitting in a board room coming up with even more morally bankrupt ways to ruin your hobby.

console war is like kids fighting for my piece of plastic is better than your piece of plastic while real gamers stick to PC.

PC wins another gen. console lose behind.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

No. I just want see more good games. This gen was mostly shit. If Nintendo, idSoftware, FromSoftware and indies didn't exist, I'd be pissed.

Xbox? PlayStation? No fucks given.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

console war is like kids fighting for my piece of plastic is better than your piece of plastic while real gamers stick to PC.

And PC gamers don't talk about their hardware or how beautiful their graphics are or post screenshots? lol.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i just want to hear what New features both systems will have, and will the better hardware take advantage of BC games.

as for next gen games i dont give a shit.. im still content with current gen games and my backlog will keep me busy for years to come.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

No. I just want see more good games. This gen was mostly shit. If Nintendo, idSoftware, FromSoftware and indies didn't exist, I'd be pissed.

Add black mesa too. incredible game. a fan made remake that is better than any AAA mainstream game this gen.

still lolnintendo.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Too disappointed with Sony to care. Since the sexbox has no reason to be purchased, i don't know if i'm even buying any consoles.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

Too disappointed with Sony to care. Since the sexbox has no reason to be purchased, i don't know if i'm even buying any consoles.

Then join the PC gaming masterrace.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

2020 has been insane so far. Ori, Black Mesa, DOOM, Half Life, ...

What next gen games?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Add black mesa too. incredible game. a fan made remake that is better than any AAA mainstream game this gen.

still lolnintendo.

Yes, yes, Black Mesa incredible, Nintendo bad, Metro great while CoD the worst. Not sure why you feel the need to spam this to me. I heard you the first 200 times, I promise.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

2020 has been insane so far. Ori, Black Mesa, DOOM, Half Life, ...

What next gen games?

2020 to me is equivalent of 2004. after long and long time we got the year full of masterpeices.

last time it was 2007 i guess.

now waiting for Cyberpunk to make 2020 best gaming year of all time.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Lots-o-Pee Salty Seas, Sheep Skins, and Mad Cows up in here....

lol :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

still lolnintendo.

Yes, yes, Black Mesa incredible, Nintendo bad, Metro great while CoD the worst. Not sure why you feel the need to spam this to me. I heard you the first 200 times, I promise.

i did not said bad. they just make games for little kids.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: You have the mentality of a child so I'm confused why their games aren't more accepted by you?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: You have the mentality of a child so I'm confused why their games aren't more accepted by you?

I respect you.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

Nah. plenty to be getting on with. between my PC, switch, 3DS, wiiu and PS3 i am not short of games to play (though the wiiu and PS3 are basically retired now).

I'm certainly interested to see what the new consoles can do mind.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Then join the PC gaming masterrace.

The fook. I already have one. You thought i was gonna skip next gen and have nothing to game on?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@davillain- said:

Craving for next-gen stuff, nope. Whenever it gets here, I'll take notice. When you are a PC gamer, you hardly think of anything next-gen stuff.

Not for me next gen affects PC games it was not always like that though .But now more than ever the big AAA companies dictate the graphics pretty much at this point if that wasn't true Watch_Dogs, The Division and The Witcher 3 PC versions wouldn't of had graphic downgrades for console parity to me next gen can't come soon enough.It's insane that the Watch Dogs 2012 E3 demo still looks better then the 2016 sequel. Consoles jaguar CPUs really held back this generation. It doesn't matter how great your hardware is when most of these companies will just downgrade the game graphically. Although there's a few exceptions with raytracing added to PC games like BF5, Control ect... that definitely helps but still PC games are held back alot these days and it sucks.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidGame_basic  Online

@warmblur said:
@davillain- said:

Not for me next gen affects PC games it was not always like that though .But now more than ever the big AAA companies dictate the graphics pretty much at this point if that wasn't true Watch_Dogs, The Division and The Witcher 3 PC versions wouldn't of had graphic downgrades for console parity to me next gen can't come soon enough.It's insane that the Watch Dogs 2012 E3 demo still looks better then the 2016 sequel. Consoles jaguar CPUs really held back this generation. It doesn't matter how great your hardware is when most of these companies will just downgrade the game graphically. Although there's a few exceptions with raytracing added to PC games like BF5, Control ect... that definitely helps but still PC games are held back alot these days and it sucks.

It's true. To say that PC isn't affected by console, it's just not true. Look at the major games on PC, are they not on console too? Most developers want to make their games accessible to the widest audience possible.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:

Saying Nintendo games are just for kids is kind of like saying the movie Shrek was just for kids.

Dumb as ****.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Saying Nintendo games are just for kids is kind of like saying the movie Shrek was just for kids.

Dumb as ****.

shrek movies are for kids too. lol pixar movies.

John wick is greatest movie i have ever ever seen. follow my Matrix.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#24 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Not really craving; I just enjoy seeing new games and shiny tech in general. I'll take them as they come.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Dumb as ****.

shrek movies are for kids too. lol pixar movies.

John wick is greatest movie i have ever ever seen. follow my Matrix.

Damn. Being you must be really fucking boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Damn. Being you must be really fucking boring.

but my games are far from boring.

same as movies too.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Absolutely, May 7:th we will have liftoff 😁! Can not wait! so excited to see AC:V in motion. It’s insane how few leaks there have been for the event. Let’s hope it stays that way.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#28 adsparky  Online
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

I'm always craving for new IP, and new generations usually have them.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Not really - but I'm not dead, a new console generation is always interesting. I'm mostly desperately trying to play all the games that are already out that I want to play. I could go years without any new game releases and still have "new" (to me) games to play and enjoy

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Getting plenty of next gen stuff from Xbox so at least MS giving their customers enough to keep them happy,Sony not so much,I’m not a sad act who wanks over a logo or a Xbox clone controller,I want games Sony bitches

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

I'm just waiting on the new PC hardware announcements now. But I'm still interested in the first party games from the console makers at least.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#32 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

I enjoy the announcements and reveals but it's highly unlikely I'll buy either next gen system. Switch and PC is all I need going forward.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

im excited for the ssd. only because of the force slow walking parts. hope sony first party gets rid of this only because there games will be the only ones being made with a ssd in mind.

because everything at first will be cross gen except for ps 5 exclusives.

and fast loading. playing days gone. love the game but the loading in that game is brutal.

plus i think open world games will start to become more multiplayer open worlds.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@gifford38 said:

im excited for the ssd. only because of the force slow walking parts. hope sony first party gets rid of this only because there games will be the only ones being made with a ssd in mind.

and fast loading. playing days gone. love the game but the loading in that game is brutal.

plus i think open world games will start to become more multiplayer open worlds.

FYI, FS2020's ideal spec has SSD.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Nah. Last time I was really excited for a new gen was going into gen 7. Going into this gen was just a mild interest. Going into next gen, nothing.

It's nice knowing that the baseline standard for multiplats will be raised, but that's about it. The way those difference boil over to PC won't be some immediately noticeable leap tho. Gonna be a slow burn over the first few years, maybe with the occasional exception.

And tbh, most of my favorite games in recent years haven't been technical graphics showcases anyways.

Out the gate, devs will be pushing for better graphics and bigger worlds. The former only being a nice bonus, the latter being something I'd rather get away from.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@gifford38 said:

good this shows there is away around the hdd even when developing for hdd in mind thank you for showing me this. I just hope third parties knows what there doing when compressing there hdd to ssd without sacrificing the fast load times of the ssd. will they get rid of the forced slow walking parts maybe by letting you run to that location there walking to instead of walking like my grandma while the hdd loads the next section of the game.

like days gone love the game but omg there is so much force walking parts in that game.

these are the changes im looking for next gen other than 4k/60fps.

see using the ssd gives the developer less bottlenecks and freedom on how there world looks like and how its presented. I don't mean graphics just the layout of the levels. this is why developers are asking for ssd more so than just power. im sure it takes time to figure out how to make there game seamless with no load screens like uncharted games or the open world feel open world. I do like slow cool opening looking doors for the hdd load lol. I can live with that but to walk 1 mile an hour just walk around a building is stupid.

hope that makes sense it;s hard for me to explain something in words when typing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Oh yeah, I’m definitely really looking forward to seeing some next gen games and stuff. I’m still going to very much enjoy whatever is still coming out for this gen as well. Plus there’s still plenty of stuff in my backlog that I’m looking forward to playing also.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#39  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Graphics already look insane, so i'm hoping for bigger and more open ended worlds. Would love to see Star Citizen on consoles!!!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online

@ConanTheStoner: i have a feeling next gen will be great out of the gate. It's much easier to transition games to a new gen than ever before.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Hell yeah I am. I really think next gen is going to be huge for console gamers as a whole. Online should play better with less slow down and pop ins etc., and I'm curious to see what they can do with open world games. More excited than I've been for the last couple gens.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

This gen will probably be my last. I've got a backlog to last a lifetime, and I'm not interested in the direction gaming is headed.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@pinkribbonscars: I kinda feel the same but there are a ton of games still coming out that I'm interested in.

The AA gaming space still exists. And their goal is still to make games that are fun first and foremost. The AAA industry however, their only priority is making absurd amounts of money and boasting to their shareholders.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

May just stick with PC and Nintendo going forward. I've had a lot more luck finding good exclusives on Switch than the PS4. Aside from Shadow of the Colossus and Gravity Rush Remastered, there was nothing that truly impressed me on the PS4, and those were both from prior generations anyway. Sony needs to get back to making simpler Japanese games like those. Their western studios are mediocre.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k

@ezekiel43 said:

May just stick with PC and Nintendo going forward. I've had a lot more luck finding good exclusives on Switch than the PS4. Aside from Shadow of the Colossus and Gravity Rush Remastered, there was nothing that truly impressed me on the PS4, and those were both from prior generations anyway. Sony needs to get back to making simpler Japanese games like those. Their western studios are mediocre.

I don't understand the lack of Japanese studio games on PS4.

Japan studios used to make so many unique games for their handhelds: Patapon, Loco Roco, ... What happened to that kind of inspiring and smaller game?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@davillain-: pretty much. PC gaming has always seemed like one long gen to me. I don’t even pay attention to the release of new consoles until there’s a game that arises my interest so as to need one.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidGame_basic  Online

I kinda want Sony to announce something big already. But having Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima out soon helps.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@gifford38 said:

good this shows there is away around the hdd even when developing for hdd in mind thank you for showing me this. I just hope third parties knows what there doing when compressing there hdd to ssd without sacrificing the fast load times of the ssd. will they get rid of the forced slow walking parts maybe by letting you run to that location there walking to instead of walking like my grandma while the hdd loads the next section of the game.

like days gone love the game but omg there is so much force walking parts in that game.

these are the changes im looking for next gen other than 4k/60fps.

see using the ssd gives the developer less bottlenecks and freedom on how there world looks like and how its presented. I don't mean graphics just the layout of the levels. this is why developers are asking for ssd more so than just power. im sure it takes time to figure out how to make there game seamless with no load screens like uncharted games or the open world feel open world. I do like slow cool opening looking doors for the hdd load lol. I can live with that but to walk 1 mile an hour just walk around a building is stupid.

hope that makes sense it;s hard for me to explain something in words when typing.

FS2020 demonstrates MS's "adaptive texture stream" and procedural world-building technology and it's not limited by walking speeds nor limited by Mass Effect 2 style game design.

Review Tiled Resources from the PC from 2013.

Loading Video...

FS2020 evolved from Tiled Resources example from 2013.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I would like to see a next gen Nintendo system.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

So real gamers save over 50 times in 4hrs and complete Streets of Rage 4 on easy lol.

WOW such "real" gamers LMFAO.