Are there any remake games that you personally don't like?

• 56 results
blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Resident Evil 2. Highly polished remake with archaic game mechanics presumably to give it that old school feel in which case what was the friggin point of a remake?

I know I'm the only person in the world who hated it. I'm okay with that.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#52 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@jg4xchamp:

"they sort of miss the vibe n feel of the original look."

- A lot of people who over-criticize Crash N' Sane Trilogy's graphics often forget that the ps1 had a hard time managing intricate color pallettes. That made almost every game look darker than it was supposed to. The original concept art for Crash Bandicoot was already bright and cheerful looking. The darker tones were just the fault of the hardware at the time.

When I think of Halo CE Anniversary's graphics, I remember the last level in Halo 3 where Masterchief returns to Installation 04. That was the closest we saw of what a Halo CE remaster from Bungie would look like. I found that something felt very different about it. The color was brighter, the lighting was brighter and they replaced the generic textures with more complicated designs. It was basically Halo CE Anniversary only with a few slightly different choices in textures. I do think that 343i over designed the newer Halo games like Halo 4 and 5 but Halo CE Anniversary was fine the way it was and it for the most part, stayed true to the original game.

Avatar image for thatstevedawson
ThatSteveDawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 ThatSteveDawson
Member since 2020 • 16 Posts

@Shmiity said:

The Resident Evil 3 remake is disappointing because it failed the same way the original one did. It feels like an underdeveloped, short side story, and at best a Resident Evil 2.5. This game needed expanding- not cut content and mediocre boss encounter set pieces.

This

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

I didn't like the Skyrim Special Edition remake.

Broke mostly all my mods so I had to just play the original Skyrim instead. No idea if any of the scripting mods were ever modified to work with it, don't really care either cause i'm done with the game.

I heard the Warcraft 3 remake was pretty bad also, but I haven't actually played it.

Most of the scripting mods were ported over in Nexusmods. You just had to go re-download the SE version of them.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@onesiphorus said:
@Willy105 said:

Mario 64 DS missed the point of the original.

Wind Waker HD ruined the art style of the original.

Halo 1 Anniversary's new art style makes it look worse than the original.

Can you show examples where the art style for both Wind Waker HD and Halo 1 Anniversary remakes look worse than the originals?

Halo 1 Ann suffers from something similar the new crash remaster suffers from. Where while the newer models are all spruced up n technically better, they sort of miss the vibe n feel of the original look. Darker more grimmer areas become overly bright, shiny and have a completely different atmosphere from the original counter part.

343 Guilty Spark is the obvious example, but this extends to the entire game. There is an elegance to the simplicity of Halo 1's look and even PS1 crash's look as the devs went through all the stops to make a look that worked for the hardware they had to work with.

But Halo 1 Anniversary is often over designed, in fact its been a common criticism among the community of 343's art style, it's why plenty are happy to see Chief looking more classic Halo in the infinite trailers.

Im mostly talking about mp with ce, so I'm less concerned with the graphics and atmosphere of anniversary or mcc, but I do prefer the minimalistic look to what it's become.

More concerning is how bad anniversary and mcc (shorty pc port to initially blame) are mechanically to the original. It's been years and they still don't have it right. They should've yanked that from 343 years ago, put out an og xbox mini with just ce on it, produced some more og dukes and S controllers, and then sat back until they drowned in money.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Final Fantasy VI. I don't like the art at all.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Majora's Mask 3D is close for me. I don't dislike it, but it's this in video game form:

Loading Video...