Are My Fellow PS4 Launchers Worried About Hardware Failure?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

The bad news keep rolling in, GPU issue here

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vCRxSh5zFcw

I just saw that one. It must be terrible.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52  Edited By Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Can you imagine if the RROD stuff had happened when social media was a big deal? Holy crap.

I agree with like the 3rd or 4th post. Social media is gonna blow any negatives completely out of proportions (just like everything else) and it'll also happen in when the X1 releases.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

@PernicioEnigma: I have had that happen. When windows does updates and it says not to turn off the PC, well, my laptop was plugged in (or so I thought) and I left it overnight to finish installing the updates and it must have gone flat as windows would not boot the following morning, I had to go to the recovery console and sort it out through that so it did not totally brick the entire system because there are ways of resolving those issues on a PC.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@Scipio8: I think this is the issue IGN were talking about. Machine appears to be booted but no image on screen until they push down on one side of their console. Could be a mani fault or shipping. Either way sony has you covered.

Unlike MS who ban you console if you turn it on before the 22nd... At least with sony you have a decent chance of getting a working system

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#55 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

never get a console at launch . N.E.V.E.R

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@kingcrimson24 said:

never get a console at launch . N.E.V.E.R

People feel like they are forced to with Sony because they have loved Sony ever since the 90's

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Out of millions of sold systems, in this day and age, all it takes is 1-10 faulty systems to set the internet ablaze.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@RedentSC said:

@Scipio8: I think this is the issue IGN were talking about. Machine appears to be booted but no image on screen until they push down on one side of their console. Could be a mani fault or shipping. Either way sony has you covered.

Unlike MS who ban you console if you turn it on before the 22nd... At least with sony you have a decent chance of getting a working system

Not sure how Sony got it covered? The Taco Bell winner was told to get screwed till Friday. IGN out of their kindness gave him their working unit. Besides, the XBO was banned because it was still 2 weeks till launch. At least on the 22nd that guy will have a working XBO + get to go for the launch event.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

I was, hence I didn't pre order.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

a little, but it's hard to tell how big of an issue it is. Don't know how many people already have ps4s. There's been about 4 people who had problems, but 1 of them, I don't know what to make of it. The guy fixed the problem, did the same stupid thing that caused the problem in the first place, fixed ps4 again and then did another stupid thing (i think he shut if off when he wasn't supposed to) and then spent a few hours being a general idiot about it on twitch.

and then there's a possibility of problems any time within the first year. my first 360 crapped out on me 1 1/2 years in. the next 2 i got after that only last 1 year each. i didnt wait around for it to happen again and traded in my current working unit as soon as the redesign came out.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

This guy was streaming live and did an update but it bricked after the update. Now he's on with tech to try and fix it. Hilarious!!

http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones

You really think it's hilarious to have a console mess up? You are utter shit at being human.

Btw, where was your indignation when people made fun of the RROD or other similar faulty hardware, i'm sure you were having a blast with the rest of your bovine brotherhood with RROD right?.

Hypocrite.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

the other people who have problems is trying to download thing what aren't active till friday. it isn't even out yet so we'll see what happens

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#63 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Not at all