Are Microsoft not saying their sales numbers because they’re ashamed?

• 58 results
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Stating the obvious and all that but I'm assuming its because they aren't winning the sales race.

Just a guess

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

If the sales are nothing to brag about then they won't share them. Microsoft isn't sharing sales numbers because they can't brag about them for marketing purposes. Sony was in a similar spot early in the PS3's life cycle; they only shared shipping numbers and not sales numbers.

GamiMaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 GamiMaze
Member since 2018 • 50 Posts

No but it doesn't look good when your competitors are giving you a double fisting every month in hardware sales

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Part of it definitely has to be because both Sony, and Nintendo are putting up record numbers, but I think the biggest reason is because Microsoft's shifted their focus from hardware to software, and services. You'll see this in things like Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, and promoting/creating games like Minecraft, Forza Horizon, PUBG, Sea of Thieves etc. that can consistently drive revenue.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I guess ashamed could be the right word but I dislike using words like this to describe corporate practices. This is ultimately a marketing decision to put Xbox out to the public the best possible way. Words like "ashamed" are too personal and something you'd only find on the school yard between fanboys. The company itself isn't ashamed. They're a rich conglomerate that don't feel emotions. They just make decisions to maximize profits. Some employees might feel ashamed, but this does not represent everyone working there.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@shawty_beatz said:

Damn, is it really that bad? That's embarrassing.

Well as this post just stated. Since no on knows how many Xbox have been sold he is just pulling that number right out of his ass. The PS4 is killing the Xbox but no one knows how badly. But like all cows all they are good at is creating false narratives to move their agenda. Unfortunate for you... You believe everything you read on the Internet. :P

I don't believe everything I read on the internet, hence my question "is it really that bad?".

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Is this the part where i mention my years old prediction that Microsoft will auction off the Xbox brand in pieces? I still think that if this happens, Sony will get out of their way to acquire Halo.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#58 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@davillain-: At least when Sony had bad sales on PS3 they released tons of exclusives which brought in the sales.