Anyone who owns both consoles is incapable of being a fanboy

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

The definition of fanboy is as follows: A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.

Given that those who own both PS4 and XONE cannot satisfy the definition of loyal they therefore cannot be fanboys.

Furthermore those who acknowledge the flaws of their system of choice also cannot be defined as a fanboy.

Discuss

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Owning both doesn't mean NOT having a huge boner over one

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Many fanboys own them all.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I would also say preferring one over the other doesn't make you a fanboy either. I own both but I like the xbox better. What makes you a fanboy is being totally biased and having no objectivity.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: Well objectivity would be subjective among fanboys now wouldn't it? Either everyone's a fanboy or no one is a fanboy. Take a pick.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

@chikenfriedrice: Well objectivity would be subjective among fanboys now wouldn't it? Either everyone's a fanboy or no one is a fanboy. Take a pick.

I don't rationalize it.....you can spot a fanboy. It's not that deep.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

I own them all! However, like most people I favor one over the other. I mean it's fun. Geesh! THIS IS SYSTEM WARS!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

I own all 3 current-gen consoles and PC. While it's true that I game more so on consoles then I do on my PC, I personally don't bash one another console but I do prefer gaming on Xbox One more so cause I like the community and the controller feels so good on my hands, I got nothing against PS4 or Wii U, I like there games what they offer. Like chickenfriedrice stated, being a fanboy is being totally biased jackass and a hipper crept.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I like to think that I'm totally unbiased when it comes to the consoles. Days like yesterday however, make me realize that I do have a soft spot for Nintendo. That Cloud in Smash announcement got a bigger reaction out of me than any recent e3 has. Only Nintendo.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I would also say preferring one over the other doesn't make you a fanboy either. I own both but I like the xbox better. What makes you a fanboy is being totally biased and having no objectivity.

this^ the fanboys are the ones who think 1 is perfect and the other is a piece of crap. Not everyone is like that, i assume a lot of posters here aren't as much of an ass outside this forum then they are here.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

lol what nonsense....

Some of the biggest fanboy go out SPECIFICALLY to buy the console they hate so they can claim to be unbiased JUST to bash it under the "I bought the console so I must be unbiased" banner.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@kinectthedots: People buy consoles they hate just to seem unbiased on a message board? That is now the dumbest thing I've read in System Wars.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

The definition of fanboy is as follows: A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.

Given that those who own both PS4 and XONE cannot satisfy the definition of loyal they therefore cannot be fanboys.

Furthermore those who acknowledge the flaws of their system of choice also cannot be defined as a fanboy.

Discuss

You can still be a fanboy. There are several poster here who fit that bill.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Bullshit. People can own all the consoles and still be blind fanboys. There are loads around here who post pictures of their consoles and collections as if it validates their opinion

LOL

I own a PS4 as well as my XOne. i think that says it all...

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kinectthedots

@GoldenElementXL said:

@kinectthedots: People buy consoles they hate just to seem unbiased on a message board? That is now the dumbest thing I've read in System Wars.

That is the nature of a fanboy, it's probably what you did hating everything playstation while fanboying all things xbox then claiming ur unbiased because you own a PS4.

It SOUNDS dumb because it is, but then again it's dumb to lie about what system you like and pretend every game on one specific system is bad because "x" reason while praising the same type of games on other systems you are a fanboy of (reference: 180 comments from lems talking about Rise of the Tomb Raider vs Uncharted)

Yes, fanboys do stupid illogical shit that's what makes them fanboys and not simply fans. You hatred of sony fans and most things PS related is well established almost as if you don't even own a PS4 so while "dumb" it's not outside the limits of what a fanboy will do.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kinectthedots

@Zero_epyon said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

Discuss

You can still be a fanboy. There are several poster here who fit that bill.

Exactly, the people who deny this are probably the very offenders who are gulty

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Bullshit.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#20 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I always own more than one and enjoy them. But I also always tend to gravitate more towards one than the other due to features and games. I think this is normal for anyone.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Personally i define fanboys by what they hate.

And i mean hate, i'm talking about people who spend a good chunk of their free time looking for articles etc. to put down a piece of plastic, who get excited when there's bad news about said system. Not the kind've hate that fanboys like to accuse gamers of when they don't share their obsession with the the fanboy's system of choice or if the gamer doesn't like a piece of software on that system.

So no, owning all doesn't make you exempt from being a fanboy. The blind hatred of a piece of plastic or a group of people for owning said piece of plastic is what makes you a fanboy.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Wrong.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

LOL...QFT

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Nope

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

not true, someoen can own and Xbox One and say "dur, nothing on here to play, I just got Rare Replay but there's only Halo Gears of Forza ROFL!!!!!", and it happens

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

People in here don't know the difference between having a "preference" and being a "fanboy" You're a fanboy if you come in here just spitting BS and just love to argue and moan. You're a fanboy if you actually HATE a console for whatever dumb reason and it's always a dumb reason and resort to name calling and insulting someone for owning a console that you HATE for no good reason.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@kinectthedots said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

That is the nature of a fanboy, it's probably what you did hating everything playstation while fanboying all things xbox then claiming ur unbiased because you own a PS4.

It SOUNDS dumb because it is, but then again it's dumb to lie about what system you like and pretend every game on one specific system is bad because "x" reason while praising the same type of games on other systems you are a fanboy of (reference: 180 comments from lems talking about Rise of the Tomb Raider vs Uncharted)

Yes, fanboys do stupid illogical shit that's what makes them fanboys and not simply fans. You hatred of sony fans and most things PS related is well established almost as if you don't even own a PS4 so while "dumb" it's not outside the limits of what a fanboy will do.

So are you one of those morons that purchases a system they hate just so they can seem unbiased? Hahahaha sorry but that's just the dumbest thing I've heard. I don't know a single person that would do such a stupid thing. It's not like throwing away $400 on a console to for the sole purpose of appearing neutral is an easy thing for people to do.

Your stupidity seems to know no bounds hahaha

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

I own a PS4, a 360 and a Wii, doesn't mean I'm not massively biased in favour of my PC. Everyone carries biases, the ones you have to watch out are the ones who claim to be unbiased and use it as a shield to slate other platforms or to bitterly defend their piece of plastic to the hilt. I think everyone can see a few of those on the board.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Fanboyism is a person's perspective on something. Being a fanboy means that you are biased towards a product of some sort. You can own others and even enjoy others, but you still prefer the one product over the other. This leads to glossing over complaints you may have, ignoring logical flaws, defending the product against criticism, and generally having a slight obsession with the product in the face of potentially superior alternatives.

A non-fanboy is somebody who does not have that level of attachment to a product. They don't ignore valid criticism nor do they gloss over any downsides and complaints they may have about it. They re also able to drop the product for a superior product without any emotional attatchment.

Fanboyism is developed in a few ways. For people without a lot of money, fanboyism can evolve from simply not being able to afford alternatives and having to live with what you got. Non-fanboys can simply accept the fact that they can't afford the alternative but fanboys develop that emotional attachment as a coping mechanism.

Fanboyism also comes from human's desire to be accepted. People who like a certain product tend to seek out those with similar interests and opinions about the product. This gives a sense of community and satisfies that longing to be accepted. This leads to the emotional attatchment of the product as now you have an element of peer pressure you must conform too if you want to stay accepted in that community.

Fanboyism is irrational by its very nature. Being a fanboy isn't a bad thing, it's just not logical from a consumer point of view. That said, you can still be a fanboy of many things. I'm a Halo fanboy and the shortcomings of the series don't bother me as much. This makes it easier for Microsoft to sell me stuff because I'll make concessions for Halo that I wouldn't make for other series.

So yeah, you can own multiple game consoles and still be a fanboy. I'm a PC fanboy despite owning both a PS4 and Xbox One. I'm more apt to defend the PC and promote it over the other consoles despite owning them.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

A lot of fanboys even get paid to review games...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@kinectthedots said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

How do I hate everything PlayStation? When do I fanboy all things Xbox? I have continually said the PS4 is a better console than the Xbox One. Why would I buy Destiny, COD Blops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront on PS4 over Xbox One? To appear to be neutral? No, because the PS4 runs those games better and the shooter community on consoles is more populated and consistent vs PC.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

There are absolutely corporate slaves who purchase both. Better point is that owning all the systems doesn't invalidate you from saying something stupid, this forum is blessed with a special brand of idiot. Though to be fair, being a fanboy also doesn't invalidate said person's point, contrary to popular opinion, yes every now and then just because soemone is a fanboy, doesn't necessarily sharing a grade A truth. Broken clock rule and everything.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@GoldenElementXL: You're trying to apply logic and reasoning to a kinectthedots post... you're doing it wrong.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

100% false OP, sorry.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

That's why I'm considered a pillar of truth since I do own all consoles.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jg4xchamp
@GoldenElementXL said:

Why would I buy Destiny, COD Blops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront on

You like bad video games : ]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@jg4xchamp said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Haha. No, I like all video games. I am a competitive person and have been all my life. So naturally, sports titles and shooters appeal to me.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp

@GoldenElementXL said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

I like all video games.

Which by definition would include bad video games.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I have PS4 and X1 ( actually I have more Sony and Nintendo systems than MS systems ) to me both have pros and cons .... I tend to play more MS exclusives and in multi plats they are even.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I own a PS4 and Wii U and have no intention of spending money on Xbox One because that's redundant. Like last Gen, Sony's and Micrisoft's consoles have an insane amount of overlap.

I currently favour the Wii U over the other consoles this gen so far. It's got the content I want.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Still trying to back away from the whole Rise of the Tomb Raider thing?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

So, impartiality is bought rather than attained?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

lol what nonsense....

Some of the biggest fanboy go out SPECIFICALLY to buy the console they hate so they can claim to be unbiased JUST to bash it under the "I bought the console so I must be unbiased" banner.

Too much truth to this statement.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

It's worse than his Dirt Rally comment about the navigator in the car lol...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

lol

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Lmao, I've seen this argued indefinitely but it's always incredibly untrue.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

lol what nonsense....

Yup, it's always the loud 'manitlems' on this board(usually very proud of the status too) who are the most rabid fanboys of all. The more consoles you own the bigger fanboy you get I think and they are the least honest too.

The bold sums up a lot of laughable system wars posts from frequent commenters too.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#48 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I am a fan of games and I want to play them the best way possible. So, I always push for PC. I still own the consoles because I don't want to miss out on exclusives. The consoles are shit though and are not recommended as a primary platform.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@freedomfreak said:

Bullshit.

What they said. Anyone who's been on this forum for an extended period of time knows better. Owning them all =/= not having an overriding preference.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jg4xchamp

I like the victim card people play in these threads, the way some of them act like they've been angels the whole time, no the other side is stupid lol.

Bitch are you serious?