Anyone saying Wii U is going to be below par in power is very ignorant.

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

#1 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

Let's face it, Wii U is all but guaranteed to be more powerful than the 360 and PS3. Nintendo themselves promised last E3 that the Wii U will be powerful. Plus, remember the tech demos at E3? I don't see any consoles games that can get anywhere near that Zelda demo in graphical quality. Plus, many developers such as Crytek have praised the Wii U's capabilities. Plus, the 720 is probably gonna be the next generation Wii. It will probably be pretty weak and aimed at casual gamers, even more so than the Wii was. PS4 might be different, but we really have no evidence of anything. Also, the is no named source that has said that the Wii U is weak. Only so called "anonymous sources" have been referenced when claims are made that the Wii U is weaker than current gen consoles. I think it is pretty safe to say that the Wii U will be a true next gen console. However, we should wait til E3 before making any guarantees.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

It's almost imposible to make the console weaker then the HD twins.Ninty would have to try really hard to do that.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
Linky my man, it isn't wise to trust any company so closely in what they say, what do you expect them to say? do you recall what they said regarding the wii? and how did that end up. Why do you think they haven't showed specs? the console will be about as powerful if not a tad more than what we have now...you can't forget the hardware usage the WiiU controller will need to use, you can't have both powerful hardware and such a controller and not rise costs. Which is against nintendos trend.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
We're at the point where they make PHONES that are pretty much as powerful as the PS3/360. Maybe not quite, but it won't be long If the Wii-U couldn't at least exceed those current consoles by a decent margin, it would be a complete joke. If it's even a QUESTION about if it's more powerful after E3, then Nintendo will have failed miserably. The real question is, will the Wii-U be merely 50% better, or will it be 200% better. Because even if the next gen Ps4/720 go the "streamlined' route, they will still probably be 200% better than existing consoles, and it wouldn't be unusual for them to be 500% more powerful without making a super expensive machine.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Ignorant because of their thoughts on the Wii U...
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

I don't see any consoles games that can get anywhere near that Zelda demo in graphical quality.

Link3301

Not sure where you see that.

zelda-wii-u1.jpg

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
You say 'more powerful than the 360', a seven year old machine, like that's something to brag about.
Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#8 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

Ignorant because of their thoughts on the Wii U... musicalmac

No, ignorant because they deny trustworthy evidence and try to use their "anonymous" sources to try to prove their points so they can go on living in their blissful clouds of ingorance where Xbox and PlayStation win the system wars.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

It's almost imposible to make the console weaker then the HD twins.Ninty would have to try really hard to do that.

super600
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

When Nintendo says its going to be a next gen console it will be a next gen console.

hannify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 hannify
Member since 2003 • 2220 Posts

Nobody knows the specs yet so it isn't 'ignorant' but rather 'uniformed' but I do find it funny how people are so quick to ridicule Nintendo when they were the ones who did the motion controls calling it a 'hype and then as soon as Sony and MS do their own form then ti is considered normal.

DOUBLE STANDARDS

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

It will be "current-gen perfected" (better CPU, more RAM, DX10.1 or DX11 capable GPU, tablet controller). Won't prevent it from selling the best, tho.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

It will be "current-gen perfected" (better CPU, more RAM, DX10.1 or DX11 capable GPU, tablet controller). Won't prevent it from selling the best, tho.

nameless12345

I don't think we can pencil in the Wii U just yet as being a top seller. Most of the "casual" gamers (such as my mom who picked it up for wii fit lol) have no interest in purchasing a Wii U. Nintendo is going to have to choose a nice price point to make people interested or people will just pass it by.

On topic, I agree with you in that it will be a "current-gen perfected" console that relies on the tablet controller as it's gimmick. Depending on how the controller is utilized (not just removing HUD from the tv) Nintendo could be on to something. I'm also interested to see how Nintendo prices the games.

Hadouken_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hadouken_1234
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts
I don't think it will be as powerful as the next xbox or ps3, however i dont think thats what is going to determine the sucess of the console. Being first to the market is what is going to make the wii-u sucessfull, the casual market are disinterested in all three current gen consoles. the wii-pad (along with the other 'new' capability of the wii-u that nintendo has yet to reveal) should go down abuzz in the mass media therefore becoming the new gadget everyone must try, 'cha ching'.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Sheep should remember why they are called sheep and stop doing threads like this.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

Let's face it, Wii U is all but guaranteed to be more powerful than the 360 and PS3. Nintendo themselves promised last E3 that the Wii U will be powerful. Plus, remember the tech demos at E3? I don't see any consoles games that can get anywhere near that Zelda demo in graphical quality. Plus, many developers such as Crytek have praised the Wii U's capabilities. Plus, the 720 is probably gonna be the next generation Wii. It will probably be pretty weak and aimed at casual gamers, even more so than the Wii was. PS4 might be different, but we really have no evidence of anything. Also, the is no named source that has said that the Wii U is weak. Only so called "anonymous sources" have been referenced when claims are made that the Wii U is weaker than current gen consoles. I think it is pretty safe to say that the Wii U will be a true next gen console. However, we should wait til E3 before making any guarantees.

Link3301
I doubt it, but even if it is, so what? It will be better than systems from over half a decade ago? For how long? What good is a system that's only relevant for 1 - 2 years tops?
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

[QUOTE="Link3301"]

I don't see any consoles games that can get anywhere near that Zelda demo in graphical quality.

killzowned24

zelda-wii-u1.jpg

Why am I the only person not impressed with these jaggy lines, and outdated texture models? All I can think when I see this is "pretty good... for Nintendo" Nintendo only survives because people compare Nintendo to Nintendo, and that it's seen as Apples and Oranges to compare wii games to PS3/360 games.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

[QUOTE="Link3301"]

fadersdream

zelda-wii-u1.jpg

Why am I the only person not impressed with these jaggy lines, and outdated texture models? All I can think when I see this is "pretty good... for Nintendo" Nintendo only survives because people compare Nintendo to Nintendo, and that it's seen as Apples and Oranges to compare wii games to PS3/360 games.

I honestly think you should game on a high-end PC instead of a console if you want top quality graphics.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
 lulz
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="fadersdream"] Why am I the only person not impressed with these jaggy lines, and outdated texture models? All I can think when I see this is "pretty good... for Nintendo" Nintendo only survives because people compare Nintendo to Nintendo, and that it's seen as Apples and Oranges to compare wii games to PS3/360 games.

It must suck worrying about graphics so much. There are so few games out there that look better than this.
Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

[QUOTE="Link3301"]

fadersdream

zelda-wii-u1.jpg

You're not. We've seen much better graphics on current consoles and this is supposed to be next gen.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
Hasn't it been devs that have been saying this? :(
Hadouken_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hadouken_1234
[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"]

When Nintendo says its going to be a next gen console it will be a next gen console.

p4s2p0
It will be in the sense its was more powerful than last gen but that doesn't necessarily compare it to the competition. Like wii was considered next gen at one point.

I'd be dissapointed in nintendo if the wii-u merely matched the specs of current gen, their must be some advancement hardware wise but im resigned to the fact that it won't be as powerful as ps4 or 720.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Anyone thinking the Wii:U will be BETTER than PC, 720 and PS4 has lost the plot.

That Zelda demo compared to Gears of War 3, Halo 3, Killzone 3 (all in game), is not really impressive unless you love Zelda.

And my PC makes it look outdated already.
Unreal 4 will show why Nintendo is the WORST in terms of hardware and power.

Hadouken_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hadouken_1234

Anyone thinking the Wii:U will be BETTER than PC, 720 and PS4 has lost the plot.

That Zelda demo compared to Gears of War 3, Halo 3, Killzone 3 (all in game), is not really impressive unless you love Zelda.

g0ddyX
BEST in terms of gameplay????
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

[QUOTE="fadersdream"] Why am I the only person not impressed with these jaggy lines, and outdated texture models? All I can think when I see this is "pretty good... for Nintendo" Nintendo only survives because people compare Nintendo to Nintendo, and that it's seen as Apples and Oranges to compare wii games to PS3/360 games.HarlockJC
It must suck worrying about graphics so much. There are so few games out there that look better than this.

I whole heartedly agree.

Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

super600
This person gets it.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

g0ddyX

Anyone thinking that the PS4, or Xbox 720 would be largely more powerful than Wii U will be in for a big disappointment. Even Epic themselves have admitted that the specs for those consoles are very weak.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts
anyone stating anything as fact regarding the wiius specs is just making assumptions. we have 2 actual facts on the wiiu spec. its CPU is power7 based and its GPU comes from AMD. the safest thing we can say about the wiiu (and even then its on thin ice) is that it has more memory than the PS3 and 360. both the aliens dev and darksiders 2 dev have mentioned it has more memory (and im making an assumption here in saying there talking about ram). things we do not know: 1) the CPU spec (that fact its power 7 based tells us very little). 2) the GPU spec (the R770 based rumor tells us pretty much nothing) 3) the exact amount of ram 4) the overall architecture of the machine (split ram? unified? any ED ram attached to the GPU like the 360?). 5) does it have a hard drive (current data says no but that was 12 months ago)? 6) disc drive spec (was that 25GB remark actually from nintendo themselves?). it is entirely possible for nintendo to make something less powerful than a 360. it would be no trouble for them at all. it is also entirely possible that they will make something that gives high end PCs a run for their money (though this is unlikely) and anywhere in between. until we know the above its impossible to judge how the wiiu will measure up. other things we should not be making assumptions on 1) 1080P as standard 2) 60FPS as standard 3) a combination of 1 and 2 as standard 4) if anyone has a link then correct me but i dont think using more than 1 wiiu controller at the same time has been confirmed. rumors but nothing solid. 5) a wiimote also in the box
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

super600

first Xbox games like Halo 2 and Far Cry look better than most Wii games even though the Wii came out like 4 years later and it has more Ram and stuff.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
It's going to be the most powerful console when it releases later this year,however that title will only last about a year or so until microsoft and sony release there next gen system which no doubt are going to be many times more powerful than the wii u. Graphics aren't everything of course but i mean i would be lying if i said i wouldn't like a nice graphical boost in games as things are looking the same and nothing is really standing out from a technical point of view any more because of the aging hardware of the 360 and ps3
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I guess that would make Monlyneux ingorant then.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

no one man can have all that power

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

We already know that.

AlphaJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AlphaJC
Member since 2010 • 712 Posts
Anyone caring enough to make yet another thread defending the yet to be released WiiU is a nerd.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Wii U is a good bit more powerful.

• First party games (certain games) will blow away 360/PS3.
  • 3rd party multiplats will look about the same.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Link3301

First of all, nothing Nintendo has shown so far - NOTHING - has made me think that the Wii U will be more powerful than current gen. Sorry, but that Zelda tech demo (no actual evidence it was anything more than a video. Remember the video they showed for the GC Zelda which ended up being the cell shaded wind waker instead?) And it didn't look any better than God of War 3, UNcharted 2 or Gears of War or Mass Effect, etc. So I don't know what you are talking about with this "better than current gen" garbage. If it was more powerful than current gen then why are all the "big" games announced by third parties pretty much just ports?

Meanwhile, let's assume you are correct and the Wii U is more powerful than current gen. It means nothing if the Nintendo curse continues and third party devs mostly only povide a token, half-arsed effort. Or if all the games are kiddy garbage as usual. Hell, look at the Wii as the perfect example. Supposed to be more powerful than the GC and yet what did Nintendo do? PUt out games like Wii sports, Wii party, Wii music, etc which look worse than most N64 games even. And considering 90% of the tech demos they showed in the past were more "Mii" games and party-style games that will still cost $50 but look like something from 20 years ago, all the power in the world is pointless.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

in regards tyo those zelda shots.. i am not impressed such things were done in TECH DEMO's FROM 2006 by amd on an HD 2900 XT!!!

in short you need only to have minor amounts of more graphical horsepower in order to do what those zelda shots have shown us. you no believe? here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUMAGzkIBY&feature=related

see unimpressive..

you want to see what current gen apu + low end graphics can do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzkHGch12c&feature=related

its really a comparison between a drawing of a child in preschool and the mona lisa.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GameboyTroy

Nintendo has more money now than they did around the end of last gen. They wanted to try something different this gen by using motion controls. They should be able to make a new console with a good amount of power in it.

With the Wii U they will focus on motion controls, the tablet controller, older gamers, 3rd party support and the Wii U's graphics. Then they'll have a better reputation than they do now. Nintendo has a plan. The Wii U will be great.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
Anyone caring enough to make yet another thread defending the yet to be released WiiU is a nerd.AlphaJC
u game, you're a nerd.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#43 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Link3301
So a next gen console will be more powerful than a current gen console???!!! YOU DONT SAY! and btw sorry to break it up for you but that zelda demo was running on a PS3 lol. It was also pre rendered, nintendo was just trying to show of a demo, it wasn't an actual game.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#44 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Sheep should remember why they are called sheep and stop doing threads like this.

glez13
What, cows and lems haven't done similar things?

I guess that would make Monlyneux ingorant then.

HaloPimp978
He's ignorant of other reasons.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GameboyTroy

Nintendo has more money now than they did around the end of last gen. They wanted to try something different this gen by using motion controls. They should be able to make a new console with a good amount of power in it.

With the Wii U they will focus on motion controls, the tablet controller, older gamers, 3rd party support and the Wii U's graphics. Then they'll have a better reputation than they do now. Nintendo has a plan. The Wii U will be great.

GameboyTroy
Did anyone read my post? I'm trying to summarize what Nintendo has been doing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Ignorant for being ignorant.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="Link3301"]

killzowned24

zelda-wii-u1.jpg

That looks good but in all honesty thats exactly what a Zelda game would look like if it was on the PS3 or 360. Thats nothing current consoles couldnt handle.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="g0ddyX"]

Shinobi120

Anyone thinking that the PS4, or Xbox 720 would be largely more powerful than Wii U will be in for a big disappointment. Even Epic themselves have admitted that the specs for those consoles are very weak.

Post me a link to that because they have never said that.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobi120"]

[QUOTE="g0ddyX"]

AM-Gamer

Post me a link to that because they have never said that.

Think. Why would they say that the PS4 & Xbox 720 needs more power for Unreal Engine 4, but not Wii U? It's pretty obvious.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

LOL, sheep thinking WiiU will take advantage of tha powar!!!

GC says hi.....and most 3rd party devs said bye bye and went the PS2 and XBOX route :lol:

Sorry, I just honestly don't see 3rd parties licking Nintendo's ass because of teh Powar!!

All I see next gen is MS and Sony battling each other for the core gamers. WiiU simply stands by itself for the other crowd. What type of crowd? Who the phukc knows?