SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

It seems like the series has been on a break since Battlefield V, which I totally welcome. I wasn't a big fan of Battlefield V. They got kind of weird with it. Like they tried to make it Call of Duty-ish and made some questionable design choices that don't seem to fit with the franchise. I liked Battlefield 1 a lot more. That seemed to be a return to roots. We currently know that EA plans to bring the next instalment for holiday 2021. Hopefully it will a very good one. And optimized for PS5 😁

What do you think, SW? Are you excited for another Battlefield game? What are your hopes for the next one?

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Never was a big fan, last one i've played was bf 2142 !!! So I don't think that i'm missing it much!!!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I miss BF pre BF1. Ever since they swapped the menus to look exactly like they're in Battlefront and made the game look extremely similar to battlefront, i lost interest in the franchise and if it stays as is, i will never buy another BF game. I don't have any hopes from the next BF game because to me DICE is in the same situation Bioware is.

They need to go arcady like in BF:BC2 or a much more realistic approach than BF5. Has to defferentiate from Warzone or the series is not going anywhere.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Bf is my absolute number one franchise. I wasn't disappointed with bf5, and looking at it now it's a great game....but yeah, it has lost a bit of that magic for me. Some of the big maps were great, and animations and gunplay were spot on. For me, tanks were crippled because as soon as you left the road, gunsights were useless. You had to come to a complete standstill in order to have any chance of getting a shot on target, and even then the model of tank dictated who won the face off, not the skill of the gunner.

Would absolutely love to see a bf3 or BF4 remake, but if not a follow up to bad company would be sweet. Bf 5 got it right in the end, hoping that bf6 gets it right day one.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I really enjoyed the PS2 game and the Bad Company games. That's about it for me on the genre.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Can’t say that I really miss it myself. I played them here and there but I’ve always preferred the Call of Duty games instead.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8209 Posts

I played up until BF1. But BF2 on PC were the glory days imo

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Its never on break. we still getting generic battlefield games year after year.

you dont even know what is on break means, Deus Ex is on break, Half life been on break since decades (not counting VR spinoff), Max payne been on break.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

I still play BF1 from time to time, its such a great game. I hope the next one returns to the genre-pushing experiences the early 2000 series did. Its not enough to be 64 players max and tiny maps anymore.

@ghosts4ever said:

you dont even know what is on break means, Deus Ex is on break, Half life been on break since decades (not counting VR spinoff), Max payne been on break.

Battlefield has never been yearly. Closest it has been to yearly was when EA threatened to release Hardline (a spin-off) the year after BF4, and they delayed it anyway.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@Willy105 said:

I still play BF1 from time to time, its such a great game. I hope the next one returns to the genre-pushing experiences the early 2000 series did. Its not enough to be 64 players max and tiny maps anymore.

@ghosts4ever said:

Battlefield has never been yearly. Closest it has been to yearly was when EA threatened to release Hardline (a spin-off) the year after BF4, and they delayed it anyway.

For sure. When BF was 64 players, cod was like what? 4v4? Now COD is 150 players and BF has never moved from its 64 players. Talk about not moving with time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Dearly since BC2. Everything after has been meh.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@sealionact: ps5 is best equipped to do a very large scale true to life battlefield game due to hard drive/loading tech.

Xbox would make the experience.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@Willy105 said:

@ghosts4ever said:

For sure. When BF was 64 players, cod was like what? 4v4? Now COD is 150 players and BF has never moved from its 64 players. Talk about not moving with time.

Yeah COD now has large scale multiplayer and vehicles, the only thing BF has over COD now is destructible environments.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I used to play Battlefield 1942 all the time, I loved it. The sniping and dog fights were so good. I never played another Battlefield game until the Bad Company games, which were both great and I put a ton of hours into them online. Everything since then has been good, but I think it's very obvious that Call of Duty really transformed and adapted with the times for the better, and Battlefield in comparison looks stuck in the past.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@NoodleFighter said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Willy105 said:

@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah COD now has large scale multiplayer and vehicles, the only thing BF has over COD now is destructible environments.

And even that destructible enviroment is worse than it was in 2011. BF needs to be refreshed big time.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

na that franchise was trash right?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sealionact

@sheevpalpamemes: No room on that tiny hard drive for more games by the time it comes out, and Sony still couldn't be bothered to certify an SSD or allow saving games to an external drive. Plus it costs to use cloud saves.

Useless I tell ya.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@sargentd said:

I played up until BF1. But BF2 on PC were the glory days imo

It sure was it sucks though the series will never go back to that gameplay style Dice rather have it play more like COD. Battlefield 2 was almost perfect because it wasn't arcadey and it wasn't a sim it was somewhere in the middle the sweet spot. Also BF2 has the best maps of series that's not even debatable it's just facts.

Sweet Nostalgia... gameplay still the best in the series easily.

Loading Video...

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

I miss the Bad Company series.

It was like playing a modern war sitcom and was genuinely funny and well written the whole way through.

For some reason they shifted to stale, well worn war story tropes and focused on milking the multiplayer.

They should at least remake the first 2 on the new engine

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@sealionact: sounds like jealousy

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I miss Bad Company. Was never a fan of the others.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sealionact

@sheevpalpamemes: I'm amazed the nurse let you out of bed again, and equally that you can spell jealousy.

Meanwhile, try and stay on topic for once.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I haven't been big on series since Bad Company games, BF3 might have been last on I enjoyed much. I really only car for either offensive/defensive rush modes, not a fan of the conquest like setup.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Bad Company 2 was and is one of my favorite battle field games. Battle Field 3 was also pretty good story line wise, and I beat it like twice. I have battle field 4 but its on my backlog. I really don't get the hype over COD. I mean COD is great, but why people don't like battlefield as much is a mystery. I'm guessing alot of it just has to do with marketing.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

I only truly played BF2, so I stopped caring a long time ago.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Bad Company 2 was and is one of my favorite battle field games. Battle Field 3 was also pretty good story line wise, and I beat it like twice. I have battle field 4 but its on my backlog. I really don't get the hype over COD. I mean COD is great, but why people don't like battlefield as much is a mystery. I'm guessing alot of it just has to do with marketing.

Battlefield has done a bad job of improving itself over the years. Back in its glory days, it was known as the high player count 64 player FPS multiplayer with vehicles and huge maps. Battle Royale is all the craze now, and you'd think that Battlefield already had the perfect recipe for a BR. Somehow, Call of Duty, which started as like a 6 on 6 multiplayer with tiny maps, has outdone Battlefield when it comes to BR? Battlefield just has really bad management and direction.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

VR maybe.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#28 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I miss certain aspects of the franchise, but I still play it regularly. I have 1345 hours played of BFV in Origin.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Battlefield V was supposed to be a live service, but they gave up on that.

It was also supposed to be a WWII game, but they gave up on that too.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I've always enjoyed the BF series and thought of them as pretty damn good games, but of late the franchise has just not been that entertaining.

Part of that is me, as I don't really play multiplayer like I used to, but the other part is that it just feels a bit stale to me.

Unless they come out with a BF2142 sequel (gimme that Titan Mode, DICE!), I will be passing on it. Would rather see DICE make another Mirror's Edge game, preferably one that is optimized for VR.

*or a Mandalorian game. Either DICE or Respawn making a single-player Mandalorian game would be totally awesome.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#31 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

Loading Video...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Without reading anything other that the title of the thread if you mean real Battlefield and not the last 2 crap games then yes.. yes I do. BF 1 and 5 are complete trash.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Willy105 said:

@ghosts4ever said:

that relates do to engine,graphic etc.

atm am playing bf3 max out settings on pc. and its fun as hell. only draw back. knifing sucks on pc.

btw my deadliest weapon in the game was the knife over 1k kills

vehicle

tank with 3k

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

I miss BF pre BF1. Ever since they swapped the menus to look exactly like they're in Battlefront and made the game look extremely similar to battlefront, i lost interest in the franchise and if it stays as is, i will never buy another BF game. I don't have any hopes from the next BF game because to me DICE is in the same situation Bioware is.

They need to go arcady like in BF:BC2 or a much more realistic approach than BF5. Has to defferentiate from Warzone or the series is not going anywhere.

Yeah, pretty much this.

I really liked 2,3,4, Bad Company 1 and 2 and even Hardline. 1 and 5 were absolute trash and should feel bad. They were basically just Battlefront reskins (the bad Battlefront games... not the original 2 that were awesome).

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I've always enjoyed the BF series and thought of them as pretty damn good games, but of late the franchise has just not been that entertaining.

Part of that is me, as I don't really play multiplayer like I used to, but the other part is that it just feels a bit stale to me.

Unless they come out with a BF2142 sequel (gimme that Titan Mode, DICE!), I will be passing on it. Would rather see DICE make another Mirror's Edge game, preferably one that is optimized for VR.

*or a Mandalorian game. Either DICE or Respawn making a single-player Mandalorian game would be totally awesome.

That would be sweet I would rather have a new Mirror's Edge game too. Funny enough Mirror's Edge is the first game I beat in VR using vorpx it was awesome I never got motion sickness from it. I just love the atmosphere of the original game so much.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@firedrakes said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Willy105 said:

@ghosts4ever said:

atm am playing bf3 max out settings on pc. and its fun as hell. only draw back. knifing sucks on pc.

vehicle

tank with 3k

Yea the engine killed it. Graphics improved, but the movement and just the whole thing looks like damn Battlefront. Can't stand it.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

BF5 is just straight up bad. bf1 was kinda shitty.

BF6 is probably going to be a degenerate game full of watch dog legion types.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Not since Bad Company 2. Didn't really like it much after that. Tried 3, 4, Hardline (complete trash), and BF1. None of them really clicked with me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mrbojangles25

@BassMan: holy hell that looks amazing.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

The games started going downhill after BF3 when they introduced pay real money to unlock all items and automatic max level unlock which made everything unbalanced and unfair.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

It's not like BF has gone anywhere. I would like to see another Bad Company game if they're ever feeling it again.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Two year break isn't a big deal.

Battlefield V was a disappointing game when compared to not just the other BF games but also other classic WW2 games as well.

Plus that game hardly had vehicles in it at all. Even with the updates it still isn't that good and played more like Call Of Duty than a proper Battlefield game.

I hope that Dice goes back to what made the franchise so great in the first place.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#44 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I've moved on to other more hardcore tactical shooters for the kind of thing I used to come to battlefield for.

Hell Let Loose, Rising Storm 2, Insurgency Sandstorm are all great options on PC that provide the teamwork and tactical gameplay of older BF games.

having said that, i've still enjoyed every Battlefield entry and put a good amount of hours into them. Playing with friends in a squad is still a great experience since the games still have a lot of moving parts and excellent audio/visual presentation.

I think they just need to find some new ways to balance teams and crack down on hackers on PC. Those are my main complaints with recent BF titles. that and some inconsistent map design, and too many snipers.

looking forward to BF6.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I miss the time I spent playing Battlefield 2 and 3. But since that I dropped out of the series and had very little interest in the direction they have been going. Likewise, I really enjoyed COD MW2, but by that point I realized they'd be releasing a new, only marginally different COD game every year, essentially turning the series into a $5/month subscription so I bailed out of that one as well. Besides a few in the survival genre, I haven't really played many FPS games since the Xbox 360 era. They've all started to blend together at some point and I see very little from any of them that really piques my interest. Not like they used to.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@firedrakes said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Willy105 said:

vehicle

tank with 3k

Yea the engine killed it. Graphics improved, but the movement and just the whole thing looks like damn Battlefront. Can't stand it.

true. what i notice . but ea wont admit....

is both the net code and the way the game saves data. is so baked into the engine. they will need to complete re do the engine. 3.0 code base is a mess. have you notice how long ea been using 3.0 . on top that 3.0 is a nightmare to dev with the tool set etc past fps are crap.

revise 1.0

i dug a bit deeper and it does seem to be a core engine issue. seeing they must have upgraded their engine but same issue is happening.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Without reading anything other that the title of the thread if you mean real Battlefield and not the last 2 crap games then yes.. yes I do. BF 1 and 5 are complete trash.

Battlefield 1 being perhaps the best Battlefield game ever made because it has Operations and Frontlines game modes.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Battlefield 4 was amazing. Haven't loved the franchise as much since. Hopefully 6 will be as amazing as 4 was.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Battlefield 4 was amazing. Haven't loved the franchise as much since. Hopefully 6 will be as amazing as 4 was.

Just curious, have you ever played BF1942, BF2 or BF2142?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mrbojangles25

This is probably an unpopular idea, but I'd like to see a Battlefield MMOFPS game.

The subgenre of MMOFPS is severely lacking, I can only think of one game (Planetside), but that one game is actually pretty good. If someone did it right, they could essentially be the next "WoW" except for MMOFPS (not MMORPG).

A Battlefield game set in a persistent world with thousands of players on a single server, spawning on a giant map at conflict hot spots, would be really awesome. They could add some sort of resource/currency system so you can build your vehicles at airports and factories, then you could fill in various roles so if you just want to be a transport pilot you can do that and transport your friends and some vehicles to a battle zone, and so on. Capture mines, oil fields, factories and so on.