Anyone else think MS won't have games at E3?

• 112 results
lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

I'm worried because whenever Phil Spencer says E3 is all about games, he means it's all about Halo and Forza. If that's what's planned then that's really pathetic. I mean fine toss in Crackdown 3 to the mix even though it's not an actual announcement. Based on where MS's money went in new IPs this gen (garbage), I believe they are going to be completely conservative when it comes to new games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

Your OP contradicts your thread title.

Forza, Halo and Crackdown, as much as I'd like new IP or other games instead of them, are still games.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Your OP contradicts your thread title.

Forza, Halo and Crackdown, as much as I'd like new IP or other games instead of them, are still games.

Meh...those are no longer game announcements but merely a formality

Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 HarnessThePower
Member since 2017 • 267 Posts

My insider sources tell me MS is planning some EXTREMELY exciting 1st party titles. Unfortunately I'm under an NDA and can't say much more, but what I can say is that E3 will be described as MS raining games down on us "like mana from heaven."

Thank you Microsoft.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7703 Posts

Meanwhile Sony's first party is just swimming in new IP's

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

If E3 is just Forza 7, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, and SoD2 - with a"one more thing" Halo 6 teaser... a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

They really, really need to bring something new.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k

@lifelessablaze: So what you are saying is console manufactorers E3 presentations are boring?

Yeah I very much agree

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jv303

I actually think Microsoft has three things...

1. I think Cliffy B walks out on stage. Lawbreakers, console exclusive to XB1. (He's said, when asked about a console version, that they would need "a really good partner" to help them because they're a small PC studio... BS, I think he's being coy. Microsoft's already signed that deal).

2. The new Splinter Cell is either a timed XB1 console exclusive, or an outright exclusive.

3. This one's a stretch, but I actually think they are bringing Crimson Skies back,

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

FM7

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
@jv303 said:

I actually think Microsoft has three things...

1. I think Cliffy B walks out on stage. Lawbreakers, console exclusive to XB1. (He's said, when asked about a console version, that they would need "a really good partner" to help them because they're a small PC studio... BS, I think he's being coy. Microsoft's already signed that deal).

2. The new Splinter Cell is either a timed XB1 console exclusive, or an outright exclusive.

Yay, more fake exclusives !

Excitement !

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@metalslimenite: Sure dave.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

Let's just wait for E3 2017 to find out the answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@lifelessablaze: I think we're going to see Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Halo, Forza, and 2-3 new titles from AAA studios that will be play anywhere. If that isn't enough for you, then Xbox is just not the console for you.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

If they don't have any games, it's going to be shortest E3 stage show in history.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@jv303 said:

If E3 is just Forza 7, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, and SoD2 - with a"one more thing" Halo 6 teaser... a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

They really, really need to bring something new.

Sea of Thieves and State Of Decay are basically New. Even if SOD started as a small DL title the sequel has Grown into a AAA Quality Budget and will most likely feel New. I think MS needs to dig into their Huge Reservoir of Games and bring back some of that ip. I would Love a new Blood Wake, Kung Fu Chaos or Banjo Platformer. It doesn't have to be a New ip but an ip they haven't released a game for in a long time.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

This just in, multiplatform games are not games!...... Yeah I don't get it either.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jv303

@EG101: No, "new" as in "something we didn't know about already".

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Forza and Gear/Halo will be the only thing they show.

The rest will be comparing visuals of 3rd party games.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Showing off games / exclusives will be important but most importantly, Microsoft will need to resell their vision. I've said this many times; if Scorpio is simply a 4K Xbox One, it will not be enough to overthrow Sony. Scorpio provides a ton of potential but it means nothing if MS botches the vision. The Xbox One is also very important in this equation.

Microsoft needs to go into E3 and show people why they should choose Xbox.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

They will announce new ips but nothing releasing soon unless it was announced previously

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44177 Posts

Sweet Jesus. You can't be serious? Despite what you may think Forza 7, Halo 6, and Crackdown 3 are indeed games plus I'm sure that others will be shown.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

This is how I think MS E3 will go. Starts off with Scorpio reveal, goes right into showing upgraded past games running great. See Sea of Theives and Crackdown running, shows more games and indies, 2 surprise announcements and ends with all this is available on Xbox One S starting at $199 and Xbox Scorpio starting at $399....mic drop walks off stage Halo 6 tease plays...fin

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jv303

If they want to show off the Scorpio, their best way would be an unannounced game with visuals designed to take advantage of it. Most of Xbox's upcoming exclusives use stylized visuals - Crackdown's got a Saturday morning cartoon thing going on, SoT has that WoW style, State of Decay *could* do it, but likely won't - the first game was not a looker, and wasn't really made to be.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Phil Spencer did make a statement that they are investing in their title lineup, so pleasant surprises are welcome. I just traded in my WiiU, so there's a cabinet space in my entertainment center for a Scorpio if MS does the damn thing with games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@metalslimenite said:

They'll have a lot of multiplat games to show off, but that's it. Lemmings will say it's enough to have the best console multiplats, but that simply isn't true. They're settling because they have to.

It's funny, at the beginning of this generation, when the PS4 had no good exclusives but was slightly more powerful, I remember Cows constantly making fun of Xbox games running in 720p, posting screenshots of multiplats side-by-side where you might be able to see a tiny bit of difference if you stared at it hard enough and saying that since most games nowadays are multiplats, having the best multiplats is what matters most.

Things sure have changed now that PS4 has got a few great exclusives, Cows can claim that Xbox has no exclusives anymore since the games also appear on PC, and the PS4 will soon no longer be the most powerful console. Now all you see Cows post is threads asking "what's the point of buying a Xbox when you can play the games on PC" and Scorpio damage control threads about why having the most powerful console is not important.

I guess I'll just file this with the "Sales don't matter; I can't play sales" and the "I would never pay for online gaming" in the list of things that Cows have reversed their opinion on.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I hope you guys get the other Kingdom Hearts games it'd be a shame to only get one

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

There will be games, but this is microsoft here. Its pretty much sequel, fine I guess if you are into sequels that you have been these past 10 years. Halo gears forza is a must and some RARE stuff sprinkled.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Crackdown? It's becoming the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that one never seems to find.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@harnessthepower: The voices in your head do not count as "insider sources". :P

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

If we see Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves releasing by year end/beginning of 2018, i'll be a happy camper. Anything else will be gravy as those 3 games alone will quench my thirst for co-op for the next couple of years. I doubt MS is going to show up at E3 without games.

Interested to see if Sony will have any games featuring co-op/multiplayer or if itll be the same singleplayer type games since launch.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

I'll leave this here ...

The whole PS4 vs Xbox One resolution gate is not comparable to PS4 Pro vs Scorpio for a number of reasons.

* The PS4 and Xbox One released about a week from each other

* Xbox One was $100 more yet barely differentiated themselves; the value proposition wasn't there.

* The previous gen lasted like 7 years; gamers didn't want more of the same (sub 1080p etc.)

At the end of the day, the PS4 was less expensive and offered what gamers wanted and continue to do so.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jv303

Might be time for Microsoft to give Perfect Dark another shot.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I'll leave this here ...

The whole PS4 vs Xbox One resolution gate is not comparable to PS4 Pro vs Scorpio for a number of reasons.

* The PS4 and Xbox One released about a week from each other

* Xbox One was $100 more yet barely differentiated themselves; the value proposition wasn't there.

* The previous gen lasted like 7 years; gamers didn't want more of the same (sub 1080p etc.)

At the end of the day, the PS4 was less expensive and offered what gamers wanted and continue to do so.

You can add to that:
Lemmings would constantly refer to hidden specs and disabled powerhouse parts which will awaken in the coming weeks.
Lemmings would praise the Kinect as a new menu browsing method superior to controllers as a justification for the drastically reduced power and higher price.

Another point is Microsoft tends to release all their heavy hitters the first half of the generation and put it on autopilot the remainder, so whatever you have in the first half is pretty much what you are going to get. Meanwhile, Sony would temper their console and set up heavy hitters in the mid/late gen, so it still maintains a surprise for the users over time. Microsoft then proceeded to make their console redundant by becoming a poor mans pc which will be greatly inferior to a low cost gaming pc.

So even if the Scorpio is greatly superior to PSPro in specs and performance, it means very little this late in the game (Year 4 out of a potential 5-7 years? 3 years game development time puts their potential games coming out at the tail end of the generation, don't forget that MS tends to release their games at the start of a generation, so it is greatly possible those games will be moved to the next gen consoles). Microsoft will be relying on the good will of multiplatform development to make that difference perceivable. There has been no tangible reason to go for Scorpio vs a gaming pc or a console which has it's own exclusive titles, the only argument I hear is sitting on a sofa.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

There is a 99.9% chance that MS's E3 is going to be 99.9% pure asscheeks. And there is a 99.9% chance that lems are going to be 99.9% likely to not admit it.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jv303

Haha, I remember those early days, and the lemming rumors of some kind of "secret, hidden power" of the Xbox One... as if no one else knows how computers work.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Chances of them coming out with tons of new AAA IPs is low. I predict we get a ton of sequels and games we already know are coming i.e. Halo 6, FM7, Gears, Sea of Thieves, etc. They might announce a 3rd party deal but I don't expect too many devs are willing to sign deals with them after seeing how most 3rd party exclusive deals with them have failed to bear fruit this gen. I'll wait and see. I'm not expecting a miracle from them like lems are. They have had plenty time this gen to fix things and yet here we are.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#39 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

He's already said multiple times that this is not a Forza/Halo/Gears year.

Do you really think they are going to have an entire day dedicated to Scorpio with no games? What do you think are they going to do? Show a bunch of Ron's charts for two days lol?

I actually already have my Fanfest pass heres the insert:

As a loyal fan of Xbox with exclusive access to this event, you will see and play all that Xbox has to offer, including:

• Insider Access – Entry into the Xbox E3 2017 Briefing on Sunday, June 11.
  • Epic Events – A first-of-its-kind Xbox community event Sunday evening.
  • Exclusivity – “Early Access” to Xbox’s hottest exclusives, Project Scorpio, and our biggest blockbuster games on Monday evening, June 12.
  • Meet Xbox – Meet and talk with some of gaming’s top developers, leaders and influencers.
  • Swag! – Custom backpacks filled with swag.
  • E3 Expo Passes – Enjoy a complimentary 3-day Pass to the E3 Expo show floor. E3 begins on Tuesday, June 13.
  • And other huge surprises!

My prediction is they will show the games they already said will release (Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Cuphead, Below), they'll show their multiplat marketing games in 4K, they have 2 unannounced new IPs, they'll have a big spread on the Creator's Program, they'll show some new Preview Program games like Conan Exiles, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Tacoma and they'll show the mixed reality Acer Headset releasing next year, hopefully playing Elite Dangerous and/or Forza with it. Maybe a CGI trailer for Halo 6 coming 2018 to end the show.

Thats at least 8 new games in the last 6 months of the year, not counting smaller ID@Xbox games or multiplats. I get they might not be interesting games to some people but they'll have games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#40 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I am reasonably afraid that Microsoft will choose to focus on the Scorpio's power, and just try to let the shine of multiplats and their already announced/expected games running in 4K compensate for a lack of any real big new exclusive game announcements.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I am reasonably afraid that Microsoft will choose to focus on the Scorpio's power, and just try to let the shine of multiplats and their already announced/expected games running in 4K compensate for a lack of any real big new exclusive game announcements.

The problem facing Xbox right now is they cannot announce some of their new titles coming because of the development time. If they did we could have another Quantum Break or Scalebound issue where games were announced to early. So how do they balance that will make e3/gamescom interesting.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jv303

@oflow: Spencer said they didn't have a Halo or Gears for this Fall. It had nothing to do with E3.

1. He said nothing about Forza, and everyone knows Forza 7 is coming this year.

2. Halo 6 is coming next year, almost guaranteed, and there's always a teaser at E3 for Halo the year before.

But feel free to stake a claim on this stuff so we can all laugh at you after the conference.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@spitfire-six said:
@charizard1605 said:

The problem facing Xbox right now is they cannot announce some of their new titles coming because of the development time. If they did we could have another Quantum Break or Scalebound issue where games were announced to early. So how do they balance that will make e3/gamescom interesting.

Yes. It will be interesting to see if they have any big new announcements over the next year or so, however.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jv303

@charizard1605: I think Microsoft is making a mistake by not having a reveal event prior to E3 to SHOW the Scorpio's power benefit... then, announce the new stuff at E3.

As it stands, I think you're right. They'll show Crackdown and State of Decay, and then talk about Scorpio with multiplats the rest of the time.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jv303

You'd have to go back to 2010 to find the last year that Microsoft didn't release at least two of their "Big 3", Halo, Gears, and Forza.

And that's because those were the days when Fable was included among those 3, and we got Halo Reach and Fable 3.

They're not about to break that record.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Of course they'll have games. Whether or not those games are interesting to someone is a matter of preference.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Meanwhile Sony's first party is just swimming in new IP's

Hmmm hardly swimming... there's been plenty of old IP used (ie. Uncharted, God of War, inFamous, Ratchet & Clank, Gran Turismo, Last of Us etc)

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Their exclusive IP's haven't been successful or cancelled before release. I'm expecting some sequels and time spent on the Scorpio. I hope they come with new stuff but how good will it be?

bigsmack1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bigsmack1984
Member since 2017 • 61 Posts

video games? what are those? dont seem like a very good source of entertainment.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

I think they will have HALO this year but not Halo 6. I also hope they reveal what the AAA game that studio Ghobo is working on, and I hope they have a partnership with Crystal Dynamics for a game not Tomb Raider.

Imo people are being too dramatic about Halo Gears and Forza. If you dont like the games that is fine but there is no need to bring them up in every thread trying to make them into a dirty word. There millions of gamers who like those games and would be upset if those games did not release or go missing for a long time like GT. As the platform holder it is their job to expand but they should not leave behind what made them great. Lets also stop pretending that Xbox has not released lots of different titles this gen.