Anyone else starting to get bored gaming?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rex_Fenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Rex_Fenix
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

For the past year, I've found that my passion for gaming has declined. I find that I play my consoles less frequently (often ignoring them for weeks at a time), and that my overall enjoyment of gaming is merely a shadow of what it formerly was. I am less enthusiastic about gaming altogether, and find that I am only able to engage in an activity that I was obsessed with in the past in short bursts.

It's slightly depressing that my favourite past-time no longer interests me, and the stack of uncompleted games that sit on my shelves gathering dust are an indication of this. I hope that perhaps this is only a "phase", and that I will fall in love with gaming again. However, maybe this is a sign that it's time for me to deliver my final headshot online and wind up my controllers. :(

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Summer drought.ZippySlappy

Yep, summer time. take a break man.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
You should play Red Dead Redemption mrmusicman247
is good? i was thinking about getting but i didnt like gta4
svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

No.

WhenCicadasCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 WhenCicadasCry
Member since 2010 • 2727 Posts

You need to get yourself a Gaming PC TC. ;) I lose interest in console gaming last year.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

go play some oldies

-Feath-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 -Feath-
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts
Buy a PC, play The Void.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Buy a PC, play The Void.-Feath-
It costs like 20 in steam. I'm a little short on cash, and totally on the edge whether i should buy it :P Anyway i love death in that i see death as an opportunity. What i don't like is pain, but death might be really nice. So maybe this game would interest me. It's not really religious in any way is it?
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
I don't get bored with gaming...just with certain games. I always seem to go back to Halo 3 though :| it's like my fall back option :P
dj_shosh910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dj_shosh910
Member since 2004 • 258 Posts

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]You should play Red Dead Redemption lloveLamp
is good? i was thinking about getting but i didnt like gta4

Good, but i got over it straight away. I'm getting over games way too quickly these days.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44289 Posts

I for one would like to be unpacking a new more powerful console about a year from now though me thinks that ain't happening for a couple more years.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

yes games are getting boring...

all games are just shooters, or variations of shooters... if anybody remembers back in the day... there used to be alot of games that had NO GUNS, yes folks.... its possible to make a game without guns.

Or if you are gonna make a shooter, devs need to look at games like the Darkness that transformed what could have very easily been another boring ass shooter but they managed to incorporate great storytelling turning it into a unique experience. Unfortunately games like the Darkness get bad reviews... whereas all the rehashes get nothing but praise.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
I actualy feel exactly the same. I was about to make a thread about it soon :) I have a lot of games this gen, even those smaller ones from PSN and... i dont play them that much. Maybe it will change now as my summer holiday is starting tomorrow afternoon.
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

I just tell people they should buy funner games. Don't just go after what the hype machine points at becaus you will be let down a lot. Research a game yourself don't just wait for SW to tell you everything.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
[QUOTE="markinthedark"]

all games are just shooters, or variations of shooters... if anybody remembers back in the day... there used to be alot of games that had NO GUNS, yes folks.... its possible to make a game without guns.

Or if you are gonna make a shooter, devs need to look at games like the Darkness that transformed what could have very easily been another boring ass shooter but they managed to incorporate great storytelling turning it into a unique experience. Unfortunately games like the Darkness get bad reviews... whereas all the rehashes get nothing but praise.

Cant agree more. Im still sick from mw2. If thats the future of gaming... i might as well stop playing games then.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#66 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Why is it only shooters get nailed for being the same as the previous installment. Aside from visuals and some new weapons and other bells and whistles, GoW3 is still Kratos killing. I got through it with the same combo as I did in 1 and 2. Square, square, triangle. Yes, sequels are more of the same in most regards. Guess that's where wanting to know the story comes in.
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

markinthedark

Darkness got an 85 here and 82 MC(360) and 80 MC(PS3). Those aren't bad scores. I just think the game was too weird for some people with the super natural powers.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#68 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I wouldn't say bored, but I'm not on as much as I used to compared to previous gens.

HCMBusiness_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 HCMBusiness_89
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts
I made the same topic in OT about 3 days ago. I am extremely bored of gaming. I could probably still play through all of the many great games coming out in the next few months and even years, but I think other hobbies and priorities are starting to get in the way. I might just keep a gaming rig to get my gaming urge done every now and then. I just don't have the time anymore, lol.
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

Yeah I now what you mean. And now that my ps3 broke I have little motavation to fix it.

The_RedLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 The_RedLion
Member since 2009 • 1942 Posts
I am very happy. Just finished JC2, and moving on to ModNation racers. GTA:CW is big, is taking me a long time. All great fun.
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

Red Dead Redemption renewed my love for gaming when i got that on release day. i just got me a new 360 slim and transformers this past week and am loving loving it. however, as i get older (29), time for gaming has drastically reduced over the past 4 years with the birth of my daughter. full time job, family, wife, and then gaming. its not very high on the priority list. if im lucky, i play an hour or 2 a day, and a few hours on the weekends. im not complaining cause i enjoy my time with my family, its just a shame that my childhood love for gaming is coming to an end as i get older. im not sure if i will be gaming into the next gen of systems. this might be my last go around

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#73 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Nah, i still get that GAMING feeling :P