Anyone else starting to get bored gaming?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ColonelDrakePS3
ColonelDrakePS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ColonelDrakePS3
Member since 2010 • 217 Posts

I cant explain it, its like i still love gaming, i still have a passion for it and a desire to play. But when i do play i just dont get that wow factor or that fun feeling you should normally get with games. I honestly thinks its the type of games on the market.

I mean if you think about it we as gamers this gen have been practically playing the same game for the last few years. For example, MW2 is pretty much COD4. Same exact gameplay, sound effects, controls etc. Gears of war 2 is pretty much the exact same game as Gears. Oh and if thats not bad then consider we have more millitary shooters in the pipeline.

Im actually very happy that Move is coming out, im counting on move to give me excitement back in gaming. Right now gaming just feels like a chore, i still play my games but not with enthusiasm. Anyone else feeling the same way?

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
Nope.. don't have your problem. I don't care if gears 2 is just as great as gears 1.. that just means I get to play two great games. Shrug.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Depends on what games you are playing...I usually try to mix genres so I don't get bored of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
No, but I am getting annoyed with Persona 2's tarot card requests.
Avatar image for ColonelDrakePS3
ColonelDrakePS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ColonelDrakePS3
Member since 2010 • 217 Posts
Nope.. don't have your problem. I don't care if gears 2 is just as great as gears 1.. that just means I get to play two great games. Shrug. fastr
There is nothing fresh anymore. Its the same games over and over again. If i had a dollar for each bullet i ever shot in a game, id probably have Bill Gates money.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
You should play Red Dead Redemption
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Hmmm sorta feel that way, but I know my solution is to buy a Wii so I can play some games that are different. I want to play mario galaxy, brawl, zelda, metroid and others. I love my PS3 but I am sick of the games I have on it. unfortunately I feel guilty buying a Wii right now with money restrictions.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Not with the originality of Team Fortress 2 on my side.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

[QUOTE="fastr"]Nope.. don't have your problem. I don't care if gears 2 is just as great as gears 1.. that just means I get to play two great games. Shrug. ColonelDrakePS3
There is nothing fresh anymore. Its the same games over and over again. If i had a dollar for each bullet i ever shot in a game, id probably have Bill Gates money.

I don't feel that way.

Course I'm a PC gamer, so there's a huge influx of originality coming my way

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
[QUOTE="fastr"]Nope.. don't have your problem. I don't care if gears 2 is just as great as gears 1.. that just means I get to play two great games. Shrug. ColonelDrakePS3

You say that like it's a bad thing.. Maybe you should think about your choice of games more? eh? Don't just play big blockbusters, there are other great games out there that don't get hyped. Maybe change the genre of game you play more often, I just played God of war, then killzone 2, tomorrow i'm getting forza 3 in the mail.. after that I'll be playing either uncharted or resistance 2.. waiting to play alan wake after this stuff.. ect.. it's a mix.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="ColonelDrakePS3"][QUOTE="fastr"]Nope.. don't have your problem. I don't care if gears 2 is just as great as gears 1.. that just means I get to play two great games. Shrug. treedoor

I don't feel that way.

Dude, haven't you heard?? PC gaming is dying :?

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

[QUOTE="ColonelDrakePS3"] There is nothing fresh anymore. Its the same games over and over again. If i had a dollar for each bullet i ever shot in a game, id probably have Bill Gates money. GreenGoblin2099

I don't feel that way.

It's going out with a bang 8)

TravJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TravJon
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

I sorta do. I just have to play different games, like play Pokemon and then Demon's Souls. just get some variety

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

During my school days, i game for about 5-10 hrs a day. Now that im working i can only hold the controller for 5 hrs at max. Maybe you are just growing and had some better things to do just like me.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

I don't feel that way.

treedoor

It's going out with a bang 8)

Damn straight!! And try to take with youas many as you can!!!

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

whenever this topic comes up i get to remind people that your priorities change as you mature. gaming has not changed, you have.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I play such a variety of games that it's hard for me to get bored. I have no idea how people who strictly play FPS do it

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

I play such a variety of games that it's hard for me to get bored. I have no idea how people who strictly play FPS do it

BPoole96
They love the genre? Just like how I can stick to JRPGs for awhile. Or marathon through a series, just dedication and a love for the series/genre :P
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

Sounds like you play nothing but shooters. I play every genre there is in gaming. I can't get enough it. I need to try every game I can!

ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts
Summer drought.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#21 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No. I have a lot of games to keep me occupied so if I'm bored and crave say...BioShock I'll play BioShock.

I've had the instant Craving to play Guilty Gear Accent Core on my Wii but lo...I do not have it..... :(

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Well I'm getting sick of all these urban military shooters that are all the same. Now crytek has fallen into the trap. crysis 2 looks crap compared to the first one. Heck even there first game far cry had better level design by the looks of it. bfbc2 is about the only modern military shooter than had some great level design that broke away from the boring outdoor urban environments. Where are the trees, where are the non military shooters? where is the great level design games used to have? New games are all about money and have lost their differences, there are some great exceptions like uncharted 2 but they are far and few between.
TheExaltedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheExaltedOne
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I think its because of Online gaming.......back in the day.....before online was on consoles..........i think devs tried harder for the single player experiences. Anyone else sick of shooters? I think GT5 will help you out........
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Not really.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

Summer drought.ZippySlappy

but it's winter :P

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Nope, that's just a side effect of visiting SW for the first few times :P
Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

I cant explain it, its like i still love gaming, i still have a passion for it and a desire to play. But when i do play i just dont get that wow factor or that fun feeling you should normally get with games. I honestly thinks its the type of games on the market.

I mean if you think about it we as gamers this gen have been practically playing the same game for the last few years. For example, MW2 is pretty much COD4. Same exact gameplay, sound effects, controls etc. Gears of war 2 is pretty much the exact same game as Gears. Oh and if thats not bad then consider we have more millitary shooters in the pipeline.

Im actually very happy that Move is coming out, im counting on move to give me excitement back in gaming. Right now gaming just feels like a chore, i still play my games but not with enthusiasm. Anyone else feeling the same way?

ColonelDrakePS3
Sounds like you need a Nintendo Product.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

For a few years I did. PC, 360, DS, and PSP weren't cutting it for me, and I was on the verge of giving up the hobby. I had gotten so sick of shooters, and I didn't see anything available that was blowing away the games I had been playing during the previous gen. Then I got a Wii last June, and now I'm enjoying gaming again.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
The Problem is that once you've become older and been playing games for a long time, you reach a certain point where you've seen and played so many games through the years that nothing can quite impress you as much as some games did in your early gaming days when your knowledge about gaming was limited.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Sounds like you need a Nintendo Product.Megaman5364
On the contrary, Nintendo Franchises tend to get repetitive and rarely stray from the formulas that made them popular
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

[QUOTE="Megaman5364"]Sounds like you need a Nintendo Product.AgentA-Mi6
On the contrary, Nintendo Franchises tend to get repetitive and rarely stray from the formulas that made them popular

That's why Mario Galaxy is just like Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime is just like Super Metroid right?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Sorry but i enjoy playing Shooters,RPGS,Action Adventures,Platformers and the occasional puzzle games.

I can easily list 60 games i've enjoyed this gen, thats more that the last two gens combined for me.If anything, i've gotten more into gaming than i was.

ropumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ropumar
Member since 2005 • 1135 Posts

that can be:

1) getting mature , so lets things will wow like did in infancy.

2)begining of depression.

or both

designer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 designer-
Member since 2010 • 1328 Posts
I play a lot less than I used too. Time just does not allow me anymore. People complain about price and lack of games or what not, but in the end I bought a PS3 so that of the limited time I have to play I can spend on the best games out there (I have access to PC, 360, PS3 and a Wii). I am not bored of gaming, I am however been given less and less time to partake in my hobby.
eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
Perhaps you found better things to do with your time? If so, are these new activities keeping you entertained and /or interested? If not you'll be back in front of your TV/Monitor pressing buttons (or flailing arms) soon enough; if yes then maybe try a portable and do your gaming in short spurts as to not take away time from your new hobby/interest/pass-time/friend/companion.
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

I personally am starting to get bored of it. Every other title is more of the same, more idiot-proof.

Every game I see potential in seems to fall short of my expectations, which in all honesty, aren't beyond what's possible. There was extremely little at E3 that got me excited. It feels games of every genre are becoming stagnate.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#37 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Yep i get bored of it again. It's one of those periods You go through. Since i got a new pc i suddenly don't feel like playing anything.
Gaming is not a requirement. So just do something else like me. I'm going to find a nice new job, if such a thing exists. And i'm going to read a book called Atlas Shrugged.

I am trying out Call to Pripyat but it doesn't grab me at all. After a minute or 2 i had enough.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#38 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Nah. I've got plenty of games to catch up on.

Even so, my life doesn't revolve around videogames anyway.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

Yep i get bored of it again. It's one of those periods You go through. Since i got a new pc i suddenly don't feel like playing anything.
Gaming is not a requirement. So just do something else like me. I'm going to find a nice new job, if such a thing exists. And i'm going to read a book called Atlas Shrugged.

I am trying out Call to Pripyat but it doesn't grab me at all. After a minute or 2 i had enough.

KungfuKitten

I go through that quite often (periods of lost interest), and even knowing so i still somehow manage to buy a new game quite frequently to not play it. And am in the same boat with STALKER: COP, ill roam around for 5 mins, hide from an emission, get bored and exit the game out. Im glad that a good portion of my new purchases are from steam sales and the money spent inst terribly missed. I have yet to touch 3d dot heroes, heavy rain, darksiders, infamous, a few others that escape me for more than an hour each on my ps3. On the 360 alan wake, rdr, ssf4, prototype are getting VERY neglected, the last game i finished on that system was Bayonetta. On the pc i have X2, X3s, torchlight, trine, batman:AA, MW2 (shame on me) among many others that had a combined 2 hours worth of playtime. I guess its comforting to know that i have those games in case of future impulses to play them but i too am finding myself more pressed for time. Its kinda weird that recently i have put more time into Elite Beat Angels than my entire current gen purchases from the past 3 months.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

im getting bored of the lack of innovation not only in gaming but in all entertainment mediums.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

KungfuKitten

Ahh man, I've had Atlas Shrugged for 2 years now and not even turned the first page.. I really must get reading.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

doll94

Ahh man, I've had Atlas Shrugged for 2 years now and not even turned the first page.. I really must get reading.

Maybe. I don't even know whether it is any good... It'll arrive in like 6 days.

Right now i'm busy with Prometheus Rising, and i don't really know what to make of that. Love Robert Anton Wilsons speeches, (here his imo brilliant answer to an impossible question), and i agree with half his theories, which is incredible. (I mean normally i find flaws in everything that people think of, i'm solipsist.) The book is just kind of, awkward so far. Maybe a bit too many kinds of information pushed into one book to explain everything properly.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Either switch genres or let it sit for a month or two. A lot of people get that feeling when they're playing for too long.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

im getting a bit bored as i have other things to do and it isnt as fresh as it was when i was younger maybe i was more easily amused back then.

Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

take a summer gaming break.

i play way less games during the summer. i enjoy going for bike rides, swimming, playing football, drink beer in beer gardens with my friends. i hate sitting inside playing games when the weather is nice. which is quite rare in the UK.

ive been playing a little RDR multiplayer but thats it really.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

I cant explain it, its like i still love gaming, i still have a passion for it and a desire to play. But when i do play i just dont get that wow factor or that fun feeling you should normally get with games.(...)

ColonelDrakePS3
exacly the same feeling here, i look at games a have now, U2 with all dlc, RDR and they are amazing but all i can think is "i wish i had this 6 years ago" i love them but i dont feel like playing anymore, that wow factor is gone, i blame getting old (24) and knowing more about games, i know how its done its not that fun anymore, like magic when you learn how a trick is done. and for me i dont think move will make any difference, i dont even think i'll buy another console again
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
I feel the same as you TC. Games need to advance the emotional impact of their stories. I feel like I've played all the gameplay styles that are on offer multiple times now, and it's getting pretty boring.
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

Get a cheap gaming PC and stay the hell away from the mainstream. Experiment with the smaller, unnoticed stuff for a while and I will guarantee your love of gaming will return. I also think the Wii can help you if you're constantly playing shooters.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

TLDR version: Jaded yes, bored no.

I guess I am a little jaded, I don't get an OMG feeling from a lot of games anymore, but that's because once you play, for instance, WoW, an enormous, persistent, active, vital, busy game world full of thousands of people and millions of things to do, it's going to take a lot to top that.

Maybe we're all a little spoiled. The graphics have gotten close enough to photorealism that people don't really care if they get any better, sound design and voice acting is movie-quality, scripts are getting close, we've done every concevable genre mash-up and spin and twist and different take on a traditional genre or a traditional tale, we've gone through the motions, so to speak, with the Wii and Guitar Hero and all the "active" games that make you feel like you're doing something, and we have been consuming all these games, some in yearly iterations with little discernible differences, for so long now it's all become a blur.

Then you have oversaturation to consider... I knew exactly what Red Dead was like, how it would play, how it would sound, how it would feel, the variety of things I would get to do, what it would look like, everything. There were no surprises when I finally played it. In the past, gaming media either wasn't as easily accessible, or it just didn't bombard us quite so much. Games came out that I had hardly even heard of that totally rocked my socks. Maybe tuning out a little and NOT watching every trailer or every gameplay video of a game I'm considering picking up would be a good idea, just to keep things interesting.

I still thoroughly enjoy the games I play, but I remember skipping work for Vice City. Not many games have done that for me this gen.

I definitely don't get bored though, gaming keeps me thoroughly entertained. There are so many good games currently out there that it's practically impossible to own and play them all.

That said, I'm going to get back to trying. ;)

dj_shosh910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dj_shosh910
Member since 2004 • 258 Posts

ColonelDrakePS3

Dude, i have the exact same feelings towards games now hey. I can't sit there and play games anymore. I thought i was getting too old, but then i saw new Gran turismo 5 news which made me happy. But i, just...don't want to play anymore. The only time i play games if it's multiplayer sports games with mates. Even online has become boring as ****.

I thought i'd always like games. FF13 and GOW3 are still sitting there, waiting to be finished but i just can't go back to them. Although i have been pretty busy with university and work, so i have lost a lot of free time. Maybe that's why.