Any Size External Drive on X1, Swaying Buyers Over PS4

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's not hard to change a hard drive, even a child could do it.

Your brother in law sounds like a filthy casual. Also SATA bandwidth > USB bandwidth. Enjoy you slow loading times.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah the external HDD installation process on X1 is as easy as it gets, plug and play basically. I don't have to worry about disc space for a very long time with my 4TB, was a great feeling finally hooking it up. Also, as a nice little bonus, depending on the drive you get, load times will decrease......my 4TB loads some games 10-15 seconds faster than the internal HDD, and I know I could have spent more money to get a faster one(I should have done that...but what I got will do).

But I wouldn't recommend you purchase the console based on this factor alone....it is very nice but make sure you look at everything else the console offers and compare with the other consoles on the market to ensure you are making the best choice for yourself.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#53 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

My brother in law who was planning on buying nothing but a PS4 for the past year was recently swayed over to Xbox One.

Please correct title from "buyers" to "my brother in law and I".

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@rrjim1 said:

@@AmazonTreeBoa:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Any size "internal" hard Drive sways me towards the PS4. I don't want no freaking external HDD. Those take up space.

Right, mine takes up a huge space 2"x6", and I still get to use the original drive, with the PS4 you just throw away the original drive. money down the drain.

Why would I throw away the drive? Sounds like something a moron would do and you mentioned it. And you forgot the third number in your measurements there genius. Either way, I stand by what I said. It takes up space and I prefer an internal anyday.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Hey guys I seen someone "Swayed" to buy a PS4 because the Xbone is smelly.

this means everyone must think the xbone is smelly and needs a fragrance enhancment.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Deleting games to make room is no big deal to me.

Ditto.

By the time I delete a game I've either played the living shit out of it or it wasn't very good.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:

It's not hard to change a hard drive, even a child could do it.

Your brother in law sounds like a filthy casual. Also SATA bandwidth > USB bandwidth. Enjoy you slow loading times.

SATA3 is 6Gbps (750 MB/s raw data rate)
USB3 is 5Gbps (625MB/s raw data rate)

Unless you are using SSD you will not be getting even half of the USB3 rate, and even then I doubt the Xbox One could read and decompress data that fast for games.