hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Excellent news today. No Anthem 2.0 incoming. All these years of giving hope to your 82 players left on the servers was just an illusion of a better future. Will teach Bioware to not release unfished filth, and in the future, when you see someone shilling an unfinished game with the usual "it will get better with patches", you now have Anthem 2.0 to crush their delusional comments.

Avenger's is next on the plate.😂These shit live service games need to die and buried 20 feet under.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Phil picked another winner

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

Good. Now they can focus on making a new mass effect game without the service bullshit.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen

@wonderwinner said:

Good. Now they can focus on making a new mass effect game without the service bullshit.

With what talent?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@hardwenzen: they can hire people. The problem is not really talent, but the lack of focus and a bad planning. They can sort this out and make a good game, I'm sure of it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@wonderwinner said:

@hardwenzen: they can hire people. The problem is not really talent, but the lack of focus and a bad planning. They can sort this out and make a good game, I'm sure of it.

I guess we shall see with Dragon Age. But don't be surprised if the game gets 7's and their excuse is "covid", even tho, its the writing that's mediocre.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69464 Posts

This is lame. They have the funds to revamp the game. Now we going to get the same recycled games instead of bringing life to a new IP.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Another looter shooter zzzZZzzzzZ

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag

@Pedro said:

This is lame. They have the funds to revamp the game. Now we going to get the same recycled games instead of bringing life to a new IP.

Weren't you the one person on SW hyping this flop before it released?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pedro  Online

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Prove it. I will wait. 😂🤣

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It's probably for the best. Anthem has been old news for a while now - not worth the effort or resources. They might as well focus on Dragon Age and, most importantly, Mass Effect.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:

Its not lame. They would never be able to create enough hype for this failure to be successful. Yes, there's FF14 as a good example of a game that was "reborn", but lets be real here, FF is the biggest franchise from Square, while Anthem is nothing to EA. And most importantly, who says that their anthem 2.0 was any better than the original? The only thing they might've done is lower the 😂loading times, add 5 pathetic dungeons and some unique looking weapons. Its Bioware afterall lol this is what they might've considered as "NEXT" in the Anthem Next.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Phil picked another winner

True. Microsoft is sadly lacking Sony’s unblemished record in picking promotional partners.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pedro  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@Pedro said:

Its not lame. They would never be able to create enough hype for this failure to be successful. Yes, there's FF14 as a good example of a game that was "reborn", but lets be real here, FF is the biggest franchise from Square, while Anthem is nothing to EA. And most importantly, who says that their anthem 2.0 was any better than the original? The only thing they might've done is lower the 😂loading times, add 5 pathetic dungeons and some unique looking weapons. Its Bioware afterall lol this is what they might've considered as "NEXT" in the Anthem Next.

Since you are saying it, then it is clear that I am right.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I always love finding a new unfished spot, especially one that has good tree cover and shade for the fish so I can... oh wait.. that's not what we are..

lol.. Anyways though, yeah.. they got what they deserved. They thought they could cash in on an unfinished product with unfilled promises and it didn't work for them. Hopefully this is a wakeup call to the entire gaming industry.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NathanDrakeSwag

@Pedro said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Pedro said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

PEDRO is in trouble.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro  Online

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Pedro said:

"Weren't you the one person on SW hyping this flop before it released?" 😎 Maybe you should read your own claim.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

I hope to the see the flying mechanics return in a better game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Dragon Age games suck though. I have seen people reflect on only reason people liked Inquisition is there was absolutely nothing else to play that year. When that game bombs we will never see a new Mass Effect to make up for Andromeda when EA dissolves BioWare.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Aw. I kind of hoped they would keep working on it. Fuckers.

Now they will probably lay a bunch of people off, report record earnings because of it, and cut a FAT $30M bonus to the CEO for what is essentially a failure of management.

Fuckers.

I never played Anthem.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@my_user_name said:

I hope to the see the flying mechanics return in a better game.

I hope not. When a game is create with flying in mind, the level design is extremely bland and repetitive, for the simple fact that you're not "supposed to" walk slowly and admire the envirment, and instead, you fly through like a rocket from point a to b. Its shit. I hope to never see it again.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#23 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

thank god, shame they wasted 2 years trying to fix it instead of walking away after its terrible launch.

its hard to be optimistic about their next couple games but hopefully they at least realize that Bioware making a live service looter shooter is not a path to success.

hell, i'll be satisfied with a Andromeda-tier game from them, just not another Anthem please

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hardwenzen

@with_teeth26 said:

thank god, shame they wasted 2 years trying to fix it instead of walking away after its terrible launch.

its hard to be optimistic about their next couple games but hopefully they at least realize that Bioware making a live service looter shooter is not a path to success.

hell, i'll be satisfied with a Andromeda-tier game from them, just not another Anthem please

See? This is what AssCreed does to you, it lowers your standards. Andromeda was on par with a game made by a C tier dev, and you'd be satisfied with it, knowing they made DA:O, ME1, ME2, etc.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Anthem had so much potential but ultimately suffered from poor decisions. It probably would have been better as a single player rpg story instead of a Gaas game. I enjoyed what I played but there just wasn’t much to do and stopped a long time ago. Would have came back after the revamp but now I won’t ever touch it again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@Pedro: are you really arguing semantics? LoL, you got owned. 😎

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@with_teeth26 said:

See? This is what AssCreed does to you, it lowers your standards. Andromeda was on par with a game made by a C tier dev, and you'd be satisfied with it, knowing they made DA:O, ME1, ME2, etc.

I need an ME2 style Mass Effect game from them where they go with the original plot of the Mass Relays breaking down the fabric of space and resurrecting Shepard, but he's like messed up from ME3.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hardwenzen

@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@with_teeth26 said:

I need an ME2 style Mass Effect game from them where they go with the original plot of the Mass Relays breaking down the fabric of space and resurrecting Shepard, but he's like messed up from ME3.

For sure, and i wouldn't be against Shepard, but we don't really "need" him. Its a multi million company, if they have talent, they can create another character that is on par or better than Shepard. But Bioware has been shit since 2014 so i am really not expecting anything. I would like Obsidian to make a space adventure game similar to the ME series.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

These games get put on skeleton crews very fast. Same thing happened to Battlefield V.

A live service means if a game is succesful, it will get lots and lots of updates.

If a game is unsuccesful, support will be dropped really fast.

It's not like this kind of game development post launch is anything new, or that the 'live service' idea is something new.

Valve and Tripwire support their games with years and years of free post launch content. But I mean Valve was also quick to drop DOD: S support seeing as how it didn't reach the succes of their other games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

All they had to do is copy Warframe and Anthem would have been a decent game...but noooooo

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero_epyon

@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@with_teeth26 said:

For sure, and i wouldn't be against Shepard, but we don't really "need" him. Its a multi million company, if they have talent, they can create another character that is on par or better than Shepard. But Bioware has been shit since 2014 so i am really not expecting anything. I would like Obsidian to make a space adventure game similar to the ME series.

And that's why it needs Shepard. They tried with Rider and look what happened. Heck, he doesn't even have to be the main character. Just make him/her disfigured or shadowy because of events in 3. Give him/her a volus face mask so he breaths in every other word lol.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

RIP Anthem. You were never given a fair shot at life, from conception to death.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@with_teeth26 said:

And that's why it needs Shepard. They tried with Rider and look what happened. Heck, he doesn't even have to be the main character. Just make him/her disfigured or shadowy because of events in 3. Give him/her a volus face mask so he breaths in every other word lol.

I would never consider anything related to Andromeda as trying. If this is what's considered trying for Bioware standards, then EA should disolve them sooner rather than later.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#34 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@with_teeth26 said:

wouldn't you consider Bioware a C-tier dev at this point?

I had a good time with Andromeda, even though it was nowhere close to the standard of the trilogy. I'd take a mediocre singleplayer RPG over whatever the hell Anthem was

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zero_epyon

@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

I would never consider anything related to Andromeda as trying. If this is what's considered trying for Bioware standards, then EA should disolve them sooner rather than later.

It was a decent game. Just not a decent ME game. They could have just created a new IP and forget all the N7 and Milky Way stuff and it would have been just as fine.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hardwenzen

@with_teeth26 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@with_teeth26 said:

wouldn't you consider Bioware a C-tier dev at this point?

I had a good time with Andromeda, even though it was nowhere close to the standard of the trilogy. I'd take a mediocre singleplayer RPG over whatever the hell Anthem was

They're C-tier alright. I fund Andromeda to be as bad as Anthem, so i would never consider it as decent. Going by the last two Bioware games, they're closer to E-tier than c-tier at this point. Its as if Andromeda was made by Ubisoft, it has all the characteristics of an Ubi game. Bland af open world filled with meaningless chores, garbage dialogues, no story, all characters are so forgettable you forget they're in the game while playing the damn thing, oversimplified combat system, buggy as hell, etc. Andromeda was my only experience with an "Ubisoft game" in years, and it was painful.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I will go ahead and guess DA4 is the last game they ever make and that after that EA kills the company for good.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Everytime a looter shooter dies the sun shines a little brighter.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#39  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Mmm. Decent salt for my popcorn today. Not all that much because the player base has dwindled so vastly, but the subreddit was still a decent haul. They were spamming that #IBelieveInAnthem tag for weeks. I believe there's another sub that sums up what's going on there perfectly - I think it's called r/WatchPeopleDieInside.

Anyway, an entirely expected outcome. After their project lead got moved to Dragon Age, you could pretty much stick a fork in it. Between Dragon Age IV, Mass Effect remasters, the next Mass Effect game and continuing to update SWTOR, they have a lot on their plate, and tarnished reputation to repair. They can't afford to get this wrong, so it's pretty much all hands on deck time, and Anthem was obvious load to throw overboard.

So bye bye Anthem. In a different universe, where you were a single-player narrative-driven game like BioWare usually make, you would have been BioWare's answer to Horizon Zero Dawn, instead of this half-baked Destiny clone. Ah well, gotta sink in order to swim, aye?

To those rabid Anthem fans who went on Twitter to bite people's faces off for "daring" to criticise Anthem and calling it a dead game, I'm thinking of you today. Thinking of you and laughing.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Too bad. I actually purchased the game for $5 and played around 30h of it. Gameplay is superb but the loot grind is so artificial. Would love it for EA to and Bioware to fix this game but welp.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

That's a shame; I was holding on to hope for this game as I'd like to see it succeed, but if I am being honest I was expecting exactly this to happen.

It would cost a lot of time and money and resources to get Anthem where it needs to be and it's just not a good time to be spending a lot of that on a game that's already shipped.

@wonderwinner said:

Seems like all the bad decisions with Anthem came from high up, not from what I would consider "talent". That, and the fact that Frostbite sounds like an absolute horror of a game engine to work with.

With that said, the fundamental gameplay of Anthem was spectacular; as I've said before, what's not to like about flying in an Iron Man suit around the planet Pandora (from Avatar)? The issue was everything else and the lack of content, lack of a reason to stay.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hardwenzen

@Vaasman said:

I will go ahead and guess DA4 is the last game they ever make and that after that EA kills the company for good.

That's my predtiction, but there's a possibility that they release another one shortly after (a game that is most likely in development with DA4 as we speak). No more than 2 more games and they're RIP. Back when they were bought by EA, i remember being sad about Bioware going under cuz you know, its EA. But now? F*ck em. Releasing trash and devs leaving the company is all they have to offer.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

An awful lot of people calling for game devs to lose their job over Anthem. Really head-scratching considering this can mostly be summed up with EA forcing Frostbite down Bioware's throat (an engine poorly suited for a game like Anthem and apparently full of problems), mismanagment and poor leadership.

It would certainly help that some people read up on what actually happened behind the scenes.

There's definitely a need for some big changes but a massive lay-off is definitely not the solution and shame on all who proposed the idea here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@lebanese_boy said:

An awful lot of people calling for game devs to lose their job over Anthem. Really head-scratching considering this can mostly be summed up with EA forcing Frostbite down Bioware's throat (an engine poorly suited for a game like Anthem and apparently full of problems), mismanagment and poor leadership.

It would certainly help that some people read up on what actually happened behind the scenes.

There's definitely a need for some big changes but a massive lay-off is definitely not the solution and shame on all who proposed the idea here.

Its not about losing their job. Its about bring free from EA's slavery. If there's any talent left, they're not doing anything with it. Complete waste staying with Bioware.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@hardwenzen: You proposed for Bioware to be dissolved, this is all about employees losing their job.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

@lebanese_boy said:

@hardwenzen: You proposed for Bioware to be dissolved, this is all about employees losing their job.

Losing their job and joining other, better companies.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Pedro said:

"Weren't you the one person on SW hyping this flop before it released?" 😎 Maybe you should read your own claim.

WOW drakey went looking for proof and only owned himself in the process, not been a good week for him, he's been owning himself everyday lol.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 daredevils2k  Online
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

LOL to think MS hyped this to be a destiny killer with all those TV ads lol. I guess they were butthurt when Bungie releases extra dlc on Sony platform a year in advance.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Wait a second bioware and EA promised that, that game was getting updates an 2.0 was coming out microsoft teamed up with them on consoles an stuff.

This 2.0 needs to come out for those buyers i didn't buy it but many people did its ea's job to please those consumers

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: are you really arguing semantics? LoL, you got owned. 😎

How is it semantics? The thread is about Anthem getting canceled because it flopped. Pedro was accused of hyping the game before release. This would imply he falsely anticipated the game would be a huge success. It never happened.

What was posted was Pedro saying he was having a blast with the game which obviously occurred post-release. Him enjoying the game isn't wrong and you're not owning him in any way, shape, or form because you're not proving him wrong. He enjoyed the game and that was his opinion.

No ownage there. Just a bunch of dudes who made false claims and try to back them up by reaching longer than Manute Bol.