Another BIG Reason why PS3 IS WORTH $600.00!!

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ahammer80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ahammer80
Member since 2007 • 325 Posts

Because its very very reliable!! I know this is a known fact already that the PS3 is a very reliable piece of hardware. But every time people compare prices of the 360 and the PS3 they bring up the obvious. Free online, built in wifi and blu ray etc etc but one BIG reason people dont pay attention to is RELIABLITY!!! Ive had my 20 gig PS3 since launch and still runs like a dream to this day with no problems. So not only are you paying $200.00 more for built in WIFI, Built in Blu-ray, HDMI, Free online, Bluetooth capablities and Digital camera memory card readers.. YOUR ALSO PAYING FOR ONE OTHER THING.. Quality hardware and durablity!! And believe me, Ive talked to people I know personally that had 2 or more 360s break down on them and they tell me that they would gladly pay $200.00 more for the 360 if it was guaranteed not to break down because its so frustrating having to send back a console 3 times. Heck, $200.00 extra would be worth to pay if you could get a console that wouldnt break on you.

So lets add it up.. $200.00 more for a HDD three times the size of the 360, along with built in WIFI, Built in Blu ray, Free online, HDMI, Digi cam card readers, bluetooth capabilities, more advanced hardware with a awesome game line up on the way. OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT ONE LITTLE BONUS.. IT DOESNT BREAK or have rings of death!! Sounds like a great deal to me

El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
Because its very very reliable!! I know this is a known fact already that the PS3 is a very reliable piece of hardware. But everytime people compare prices of the 360 and the PS3 they bring up the obvious. Free online, built in wifi and blu ray etc etc but one BIG reason people dont pay attention to is RELIABLITY!!! Ive had my 20 gig PS3 since launch and still runs like a dream to this day with no problems. So not only are you paying $200.00 more for built in WIFI, Built in Blu-ray, HDMI, Free online, Bluetooth capablities and Digital camera memory card readers.. YOUR ALSO PAYING FOR ONE OTHER THING.. Quality hardware and durablity!! And believe me, Ive talked to people I know personally that had 2 or more 360s break down on them and they tell me that they would gladly pay $200.00 more for the 360 if it was guaranteed not to break down because its so frustrating having to send back a console 3 times.  Heck, $200.00 extra would be worth to pay if you could get a console that wouldnt break on youAhammer80
I remember the same was said about the PS1 and PS2 but both ended up with so many proplems.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I am guessing that it is so reliable because you never turn it on?
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
A man by the name of Casamassina has encountered a minor problem with the PS3.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
I haven't heard many problems about it yet, but plenty about the 360. Still doesn't justify spending $600, especially since the new, unrushed, Elite released.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I borrowed a PS3 for a couple weeks and as much heat as thing pumped out I don't see it having a long shelf life. My 360 lasted for a year of extremely heavy duty use before it bummed out on me. The PS3 has only been out for a few months. I'm interested to see if it retains a "reliable" reputation. The PS1 and PS2 broke down on me more than once. I hope it is a reliable system but man does it get hot. Not hot enough to "burn" you but pretty dang close. If its been on awhile and you have to move it for some reason its not very comfortable holding it on that one side. Kind of like taking a hot plate out of a microwave.
imdawiinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imdawiinner
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

the other ones dont cost anything for reliable hardware.

and if you take away all that stuff you mentioned, is it still worth $400 without all that other stuff? it sounds like a PS2 with a bigger hard drive and better graphics not mention worse games than PS2, and a controller with basically the same design, i mean if i want motion sensing, i might as well get a wii, oh wait i have one.

$600 is great for a blu ray player, $600 for a video game console? ill wait thanks.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#9 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8690 Posts
Wait.....$600 is a lot of money?
Ahammer80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ahammer80
A man by the name of Casamassina has encountered a minor problem with the PS3.-The-G-Man-
I just read that dude's blog and honestly his situation is one in a few! Infact all the so called "problems" he was having with his PS3 is more like the 360. Loud fan, freezine etc. The fan is extremely quiet!
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
A man by the name of Casamassina has encountered a minor problem with the PS3.-The-G-Man-
Dude are you kidding me? Matt from IGN is like the sheep leader. Anything on his blog is not to be taken serious. He just wants the Wii to look good.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.El_Fanboy
Game bashing is null and void. Its all up to the player what games are good or not. Just because you or other people dont think they are good, doesnt mean its true. I have 4 games for my ps3 and I like them all.
d_40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 d_40
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts
600 for me it is good, but 600 for casuals it is a big NO NO!!!
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts

Because its very very reliable!! I know this is a known fact already that the PS3 is a very reliable piece of hardware. But every time people compare prices of the 360 and the PS3 they bring up the obvious. Free online, built in wifi and blu ray etc etc but one BIG reason people dont pay attention to is RELIABLITY!!! Ive had my 20 gig PS3 since launch and still runs like a dream to this day with no problems. So not only are you paying $200.00 more for built in WIFI, Built in Blu-ray, HDMI, Free online, Bluetooth capablities and Digital camera memory card readers.. YOUR ALSO PAYING FOR ONE OTHER THING.. Quality hardware and durablity!! And believe me, Ive talked to people I know personally that had 2 or more 360s break down on them and they tell me that they would gladly pay $200.00 more for the 360 if it was guaranteed not to break down because its so frustrating having to send back a console 3 times. Heck, $200.00 extra would be worth to pay if you could get a console that wouldnt break on you.

So lets add it up.. $200.00 more for a HDD three times the size of the 360, along with built in WIFI, Built in Blu ray, Free online, HDMI, Digi cam card readers, bluetooth capabilities, more advanced hardware with a awesome game line up on the way. OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT ONE LITTLE BONUS.. IT DOESNT BREAK or have rings of death!! Sounds like a great deal to me

Ahammer80
I have had my gba sp no problems and I even spilt cool ADE IN THE SPEAKERS! I have droped it millions of times and bite and...
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts
I don't know if it's just me, but I'd rather have an unreliable system that rocks,than have a reliable system that has nothing to play.
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gigabrowser12
5 moths... MY NES WORKS PERFECTLY
itsdatkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 itsdatkid
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts
im sorry but no gaming system is worth 600 in my opinion there are many for useful things that that money can be spent on.
Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts
I don't have use for any of the ps3 super awesome features. I just wanna play games and have online. The xbox 360 in my opinion has the best of both. I will send my 360 in for repair multiple times. I can have a ps3 that collects dust(great games in '08, only a year left) and works or a 360 that I can play the hell out of and MIGHT break. Yes it's a hassle, my first 2 360's broke but I don't care, and this ones been going strong for over a year.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
OK?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.El_Fanboy

Hahaha /thread.  Good one man, good one. 

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
I borrowed a PS3 for a couple weeks and as much heat as thing pumped out I don't see it having a long shelf life. My 360 lasted for a year of extremely heavy duty use before it bummed out on me. The PS3 has only been out for a few months. I'm interested to see if it retains a "reliable" reputation. The PS1 and PS2 broke down on me more than once. I hope it is a reliable system but man does it get hot. Not hot enough to "burn" you but pretty dang close. If its been on awhile and you have to move it for some reason its not very comfortable holding it on that one side. Kind of like taking a hot plate out of a microwave. JiveT
There is a guy with video proof and other crap (im too lazy to look for the links) who has had his ps3 running non stop since launch. He put linux on it and has dared people to try to hack him and give the ps3 a virus. He has over 4gb of TEXT logs of attempts. Its solid hardware.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -The-G-Man-

[QUOTE="-The-G-Man-"]A man by the name of Casamassina has encountered a minor problem with the PS3.Kayrod29

Dude are you kidding me? Matt from IGN is like the sheep leader. Anything on his blog is not to be taken serious. He just wants the Wii to look good.

Yeah, it's a conspiracy.

Beba_FH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Beba_FH
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts

Tekken DR is good, Motorstrom is good, resistance is good, Oblivion is good, FNR3 is good, GT HD is good, VF5 is good. etc etc etc

Thats more than two

gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gigabrowser12

Again too early.

This early if your stuff breaks down? Consider another company. NES has lasted much longer. 

Ahammer80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ahammer80
I don't know if it's just me, but I'd rather have an unreliable system that rocks,than have a reliable system that has nothing to play.deangallop

Hmm i dont know about that. What good is a system that "rocks" if you cant play it due to it messing up all the time. Thats just like me saying Id rather have a Mercedes that over heats every 5 mins instead of a Honda that doesnt.. and besides that.. the PS3 does "rock" your logic fails. Sorry bud
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -The-G-Man-

[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.Beba_FH

Tekken DR is good, Motorstrom is good, resistance is good, Oblivion is good, FNR3 is good, GT HD is good, VF5 is good. etc etc etc

Thats more than two

Tekken DR: Don't like fighters.
MotorStorm: Dont' like racers.
Resistance: Might be good, haven't played it but I want to.
Oblivion: I can get it on 360.
FNR3: 360.
GT HD: Don't like racers.
VF5: Don't like fighters, eventually on 360.

For me personally, that makes one good game I'd be interested in.

Mizarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mizarus
Member since 2004 • 1379 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.TheSystemLord1

Hahaha /thread.  Good one man, good one. 

lol, but atleast it wont break. (it might be because its collecting dust on the dark corner of your room but... i cant state this as a fact)
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bindip
Member since 2005 • 2585 Posts

I am guessing that it is so reliable because you never turn it on?foxhound_fox

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gigabrowser12
[QUOTE="Beba_FH"]

[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.-The-G-Man-

Thats more than two

Tekken DR: Don't like fighters.
MotorStorm: Dont' like racers.
Resistance: Might be good, haven't played it but I want to.
Oblivion: I can get it on 360.
FNR3: 360.
GT HD: Don't like racers.
VF5: Don't like fighters, eventually on 360.

For me personally, that makes one good game I'd be interested in.

Oblivilon Pc also.
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gigabrowser12

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]I am guessing that it is so reliable because you never turn it on?bindip

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Laugh out out out out out out out out out out out out out loud?
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deangallop
[QUOTE="deangallop"]I don't know if it's just me, but I'd rather have an unreliable system that rocks,than have a reliable system that has nothing to play.Ahammer80
Hmm i dont know about that. What good is a system that "rocks" if you cant play it due to it messing up all the time. Thats just like me saying Id rather have a Mercedes that overheats every 5 mins instead of a Honda that doesnt.. and besides that.. the PS3 does "rock" your logic fails. Sorry bud

The funny part is, my launch 360 is fine, Hasnt given me lights of death,has not frozen, and barely gets hot after hours of playing. 360's library of games is much more developed that your PS3s and it's cheaper to boot.
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gigabrowser12
[QUOTE="bindip"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]I am guessing that it is so reliable because you never turn it on?gigabrowser12

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Laugh out out out out out out out out out out out out out loud?

... lol. 

insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts
First off the PS3 has been out for only 6 months while the 180 has been out for over a year and BTW the 360 has gotten only 2 blockbuster games after a year ( geow &Oblivion) and one of them got ported to the PS3. I also noticed that in the xbox360 forums theres a whole topic stickied on how the 360 has such a high rate of failure and what to do if anyone encounters problems. 360=$400 paperweight but at least u get 2 paperweights cuz u can use the consol and the over sized power supply.
-Cranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Cranium
Member since 2003 • 4377 Posts
Then again, I could chuck my 360 against the wall and still have more fun with it.
Lewe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lewe
Member since 2005 • 701 Posts
the ps3 has a blu ray player in it...
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

[QUOTE="Ahammer80"][QUOTE="deangallop"]I don't know if it's just me, but I'd rather have an unreliable system that rocks,than have a reliable system that has nothing to play.deangallop

Hmm i dont know about that. What good is a system that "rocks" if you cant play it due to it messing up all the time. Thats just like me saying Id rather have a Mercedes that overheats every 5 mins instead of a Honda that doesnt.. and besides that.. the PS3 does "rock" your logic fails. Sorry bud

The funny part is, my launch 360 is fine, Hasnt given me lights of death,has not frozen, and barely gets hot after hours of playing. 360's library of games is much more developed that your PS3s and it's cheaper to boot.

You're one of the lucky ones, plus the 360 has gotten an extra year to get more developed games.

theshadow1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 theshadow1212
Member since 2004 • 490 Posts
How many good games did the xbox 360 have at launch.... I played Perfect Dark for about an hour and lost intrest. I didnt even make it that far with PGR3
Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.TheSystemLord1

Hahaha /thread. Good one man, good one.

It's only been out since Nov. and you expect Final Fantasy at launch?  How many AAA games came out for the 360 after 4 months of launch? 

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
No console should cost $600 up front for any reason. Even the 360 at $400 was a tough sell.
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deangallop
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.Shu76

Hahaha /thread. Good one man, good one.

It's only been out since Nov. and you expect Final Fantasy at launch?  How many AAA games came out for the 360 after 4 months of launch? 

PDZ---9.0 Graw---9.3 Oblivion--9.6
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 El_Fanboy

[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.Beba_FH

Thats more than two

I can play oblivion, fnr3, vf5 on my 360 for 200 dollars less. GT is a demo. tekken 5 is a port.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
i don't think anyone is questioning why the ps3 costs so much..it just the fact that it does. just because the ps3 is worth $600+ doesnt take away the fact that thats alot of money to spend.
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 El_Fanboy
[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.insomnia37

First off the PS3 has been out for only 6 months while the 180 has been out for over a year and BTW the 360 has gotten only 2 blockbuster games after a year ( geow &Oblivion) and one of them got ported to the PS3.

I also noticed that in the xbox360 forums theres a whole topic stickied on how the 360 has such a high rate of failure and what to do if anyone encounters problems.

360=$400 paperweight but at least u get 2 paperweights cuz u can use the consol and the over sized power supply.

Dead rising, million seller. Lost planet, million seller. perfect dark, million seller. call of duty 2, million seller. GRAW, million seller. R6 vegas, million seller. Doa 4, million seller. Saints row, million seller. you will soon be able to ad guitar hero to that list.

what was that you were saying about "blockbuster games"?
Xatranaz70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xatranaz70

I don't know if it's just me, but I'd rather have an unreliable system that rocks,than have a reliable system that has nothing to play.deangallop

I dunno about you but i would rather have the opposite. The number of times that you will need to get the 360 repaired or replaced will cost you more than a single PS3 ever will. And yes there are no AAA Exclusive games out for it YET but just remember the 360 never had anything that much decent either when it first came out.

beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
your being sarcastic right? Sony doesnt make reliable game systems.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
Still too expensive for a game console.
Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ps3Solider
Member since 2006 • 1115 Posts
[QUOTE="insomnia37"][QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.El_Fanboy

First off the PS3 has been out for only 6 months while the 180 has been out for over a year and BTW the 360 has gotten only 2 blockbuster games after a year ( geow &Oblivion) and one of them got ported to the PS3.

I also noticed that in the xbox360 forums theres a whole topic stickied on how the 360 has such a high rate of failure and what to do if anyone encounters problems.

360=$400 paperweight but at least u get 2 paperweights cuz u can use the consol and the over sized power supply.

Dead rising, million seller. Lost planet, million seller. perfect dark, million seller. call of duty 2, million seller. GRAW, million seller. R6 vegas, million seller. Doa 4, million seller. Saints row, million seller. you will soon be able to ad guitar hero to that list.

you might wanna re-check and see if all of them reached a millions mark. your another one of those lemmings who just spew out sh**. Another thing i find funny. from all those games only 2 games aren't shooters. Its funny dont you guys get sick of it? then again xbox already is defined for "teh hardcore" demographic.. lol.
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deangallop

[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"][QUOTE="insomnia37"][QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]Heres a bigger reason why its not worth 600. No AAA exclusives, 2 good games altogether.Ps3Solider

you might wanna re-check and see if all of them reached a millions mark. your another one of those lemmings who just spew out sh**. Another thing i find funny. from all those games only 2 games aren't shooters. Its funny dont you guys get sick of it? then again xbox already is defined for "teh hardcore" demographic.. lol.

and your point is......

PS3 has been out for almost half a year and it's best game is a shooter, a medicore shooter:D

FACT.

Xatranaz70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xatranaz70

and your point is......

PS3 has been out for almost half a year and it's best game is a shooter, a medicore shooter:D

FACT.

deangallop

It didn't take the Xbox 360 until about 7 months until Oblivion came out, there first killer title. 

THEWINDWAKER10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50 THEWINDWAKER10
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts
Well if we're going on durability, then lets all get Wiis. Not only is Nintendo known for making solid systems, but their repair policy is awesome.