Andrew House: Even if a majority of Ps4 Pro games are upscaled it's not misleading to say the games run at 4K

• 173 results
Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

@Epak_ said:

Yes it is lol. I've seen some really good 4k TV offers here, you could buy a 55" 4k LG at 599 euros ($668). Might be getting one sooner rather than later.

but the cheap ones aren't really that great, if you want a good 4k for a decent price, it's not the time yet.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Whats the deal with 4k anyway, do gamers really sit that close to a huge TV? It's all relative to screen size and your distance. I could see maybe if you sit 6ft from a 70" or use a wall projector.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@howmakewood said:
@Epak_ said:

Yes it is lol. I've seen some really good 4k TV offers here, you could buy a 55" 4k LG at 599 euros ($668). Might be getting one sooner rather than later.

but the cheap ones aren't really that great, if you want a good 4k for a decent price, it's not the time yet.

It's true that I only saw the price, it was on sale. BUT, when I'm finally upgrading my TV I'm gonna make sure it has HDR support and a decent response time.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

Lems would have a chance in this thread if 1080p wasnt still the defualt. We are still in the same gen so all this 4k talk is nothing but side points

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@darkangel115 said:

it's Faux-K not 4K

4K checkerboard rendering is NOT upscale since it has odd or even rendered pixels at their native position, but it's not full native rendered frame buffer.

4K checkerboard rendering enables the machine to nearly halve the memory bandwidth requirements hence enables 2K/3K GPU to reach very near 4K results. Remember, 4K blu-ray video stream is only a very good approximation from uncompressed video stream as H.265 video format is a lossy compression with temporal and motion pixel reconstruction.

If it's not native, it's not native. upscaling, checkerboard rendering, temporal reconstruction are all just techniques to display an image at 4k, that isn't native 4k.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 darkangel115

@ronvalencia said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Yeah, that's what I said, it's still upscale. No matter how you com to the final image, the ratio of native to constructive pixels will always remain same in all upscale methods. The only control you have is on the position of the pixels or the number of native pixels influencing the color of constructed pixel, that's it.

Again, upscale is pure pixel copy to target resolution. EA DICE has stated their solution doesn't fit the definition for upscale and native i.e. it's custom.

Note that lossy compression 4K UHD-blu-ray videos are not pixel perfect when compared to lossless video formats.

It's Just PR talk not wanting to use the word "upscale"

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 518 Posts

@remiks00 said:
@kvally said:

Upscaling = Native

Because Sony says so.

In Sony we trust.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#158 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

So the PS Pro should be called the 1080pStation now?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#159 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70202 Posts

@kvally said:

Or the 1080p@60FPS that is Not a PS4 Station.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#160 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@Pedro said:
@kvally said:

Or the 1080p@60FPS that is Not a PS4 Station.

1080p@60fpsunlesstheps4multiplayeris30fpsStation?

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#161 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

lol Sony damage controlling BADLY!!. Theyre doing a bad job at it to lol. Bu...bu Upscaling is the same as 4k Native ahahaha. PS4 Poo is a pile of puke. It looks UGLY just like Andrews house Creepy mug shot face & creepy voice sounding like he lures kids into his House. Its just a turd console for its flop VR thingy.

XB1 S is gonna destroy PS4 Prostitute this holiday lol. PS4 has NO games, A ugly console & doing a poor job damage controlling. XB1 won NPD last month by over 100,000 consoles DAMN!!! Sony got its hairy twat beat. $300 4k blu ray player XB1 S is the eye candy console, great price, GAMES & great hype. PS4 has uh....TLG to show off its PS2 power this holiday LOL. Tho it will get delayed again since its sony & theyre liars. Enjoy No mans sky sony fanboys ALL summer & winter long till Spring 2017 lol.

Im dying lol..."PS4 Poo"

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#162  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@howmakewood said:
@Epak_ said:

Have you seen the upcoming OLED stuff? It looks sooo cool! Minority Report'ish cause the panels themselves can be so slim. Example.

Sadly they tend to have burn in issues and longevity issues. I don't know about the one in the video, maybe they managed to solve some of it. But man it looks cool. I don't watch TV anymore but if I did I would save up a couple years for something like that.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@howmakewood said:
@Epak_ said:

Have you seen the upcoming OLED stuff? It looks sooo cool! Minority Report'ish cause the panels themselves can be so slim. Example.

Sadly they tend to have burn in issues and longevity issues. I don't know about the one in the video, maybe they managed to solve some of it. But man it looks cool. I don't watch TV anymore but if I did I would save up a couple years for something like that.

I have, friend of mine bought one recently, they are surely impressive, tho way overpriced for the masses. The longevity issues are a lot better now(tho you are still expecting lesser mileage than lcd panels). The price should come down and theoretically they should be cheaper to manufacture than your "standard" led backlit lcd panels. I'd expect reasonably priced OLED's in q2-3 2017 already

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Yeah, that's what I said, it's still upscale. No matter how you com to the final image, the ratio of native to constructive pixels will always remain same in all upscale methods. The only control you have is on the position of the pixels or the number of native pixels influencing the color of constructed pixel, that's it.

Again, upscale is pure pixel copy to target resolution. EA DICE has stated their solution doesn't fit the definition for upscale and native i.e. it's custom.

Note that lossy compression 4K UHD-blu-ray videos are not pixel perfect when compared to lossless video formats.

The difference between upscale vs checkerboard.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 darkangel115

@ronvalencia said:
@darkangel115 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

I know the difference, but at the end of the day 4k has 8.29 million pixels, if all those aren't being rendered, it's not native. The techniques used are just ways to try and make non native content look closer to native content then with older techniques.

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

Didn't A House say they had maxed out what could be done with 1080p... I guess the next logical step is faux K lol

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

@tumekenz said:

Didn't A House say they had maxed out what could be done with 1080p... I guess the next logical step is faux K lol

That's just PR BS. Unless we get Pixar level graphics at 1080p, then it's not being 'maxed out'.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If the PS4 isn't a 4k console, then the 360 wasn't an HD console. The scalar chip in the 360 was widely touted as a feature.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@darkangel115 said:
@ronvalencia said:

I know the difference, but at the end of the day 4k has 8.29 million pixels, if all those aren't being rendered, it's not native. The techniques used are just ways to try and make non native content look closer to native content then with older techniques.

At the end of the day and being consistent with the other 4K media, lossy compression mode H.265 video stream doesn't have 100 percent native pixels relative to lossless video stream.

Blu-ray lossy compression videos has set the expectation for less than 100 percent native pixels.

Cinema uses DCP (Digital Cinema Package) with video stream being stored as JPEG-2000 separate frames. JPEG-2000 has both lossy and lossless compression modes. A single feature film is usually in the region of approximately 200 GB of data.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#170  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@tormentos:

How does quoting me "damage controling" 720p games, which I never have, have anything to do with what I just posted idiot lol. Your comprehension is as funny as this post cause I've said it in the beginning I don't put resolution of a game over the actually fun factor of a game, you do and you don't even play any games, all you do is Google numbers in your mom's basement and spit the same nonsense over and over again. Before you respond to someone's post, actually try and understand what they are saying clown

It doesn't matter that it has no correlation to what you posted. You said something that could be construed as an attack on Sony/PS/a Sony executive. There's an alarm (pictured) that goes off when there is the possibility of an insult against the rising sun's console. He simply must react

Loading Video...

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

@nygamespotter: Oh yeah it was total PR BS and was a joke. Can't believe he said it with a straight face to be honest.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#172 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

If 720/900p upscaled to 1080p is lol worthy so is this 4k upscaling

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

This is just becoming great now lol. SONY fan boys all gen was attacking, trashing and belittling the xbox one for not being nactive 1080p when Sony had the higher resolution with a lot of their games and now of the bosses of Playstation comes out and says the same thing about their newest console that all xbox fan boys have being saying about the xbox one LMAO. You can't make this stuff up and now even die hard Sony fan boys are starting to turn away from Sony and the others are digging up all arrow Greenberg twits to damage control this LMAO. I remember I posted a few months back when your a fan boy whatever you say will come back and bite you in the ass at some point cause Sony won't be the stronger forever and then what, will now that time is upon us and you'll are starting to look dumb with your response seeing how you said the complete opposite before lol.

Should i quote you damage controlling 720p games in the same way you damage control bad score on xbox one..?

Lemmings are graphics whore but since they loss this gen they don't care about graphics or frames,after making threads after thread comparing the PS3 and xbox 360 all of the sudden it didn't matter.

Downplaying the PS4 Pro without taking a huge dump on the xbox one first is impossible,the xbox one S may do 4k for movies but still is a 720p shitty box that can't get 1080p on most games,if you didn't die by it no one will die for PS4 Pro games using checker board rendering which isn't upscaling or native.

Either way a 4 million pixel frame buffer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 900k one which you and many lemmings are ok with.

My advice keep enjoying those 720p games on xbox one you have 14 months to go. lol

@blackace said:

LMAO!! So all those 720P and 900P XB1 games that are upscaled to 1080P are ok to say they are 1080P games right? Sony has spoken. Andrew can't be wrong can he? lol!!

Enough say fool they already did it before the console was even launch they damage control 720p games after Albert Panello deny on its own neogaf account that sony had a 40% power advantage.

@blackace said:

They didn't use the cloud for graphics with Titanfall you moron. Pretty much everyone knows that. It was used for the A.I. in Titanfall. It was used for Drivatar in Forza 6 & Horizon 2. Titanfall looks great on the XB1. You have no clue because you don't own one. You idiots were the ones saying DX12 would do nothing on the XB1 hardware. lol!! Benchmarks are already proving you fools wrong. Only a matter of time and all the devs will be talking.

The podcast is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47cnFWK0dRM

3-5x's faster with DX12. Greatness is coming...

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... 3 to 5X with DX12...hahahahaa

You are deluded and anything you say should be laugh at...

Don't remember saying anything about 3-5x's faster. Where's my original quote. There currently aren't any Xbox One games using DX12 from the ground up. So we still don't know what improvements it will have. Gears of War 4 is suppose to be using DX12. Everything you say is laughed at. LMAO!! Already told you that you're the Court Jester of SW. Just about everyone agrees. Look at all the damage control you're doing. Bringing up DX12 comments in a "PS4 Pro 4K Upscaling" thread. Really pathetic. Now Andrew the Clown saying 4K upscaling is fine after bashing XB1 1080P upscaling. No many hypocrites in Sony's camp. He's going to sink the PS brand with his dumb comments.

@tdkmillsy said:

Sony only tells the truth, so must be the case.

Yeah, like when they said all their PS3 games would look as good as Pixar movies. lmao!! The PS3 could do games in 4D. lmao!! Sony never lies.