Analyst: PS4Pro Is A Marketing Gimmick. XboxOneX A Real Upgrade.

• 188 results
QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: You clowns, Pro is a success, it’s there to aid PS4 with PSVR and it’s doing fine in that regard. XboneX was supposed to be a relaunch of Xbone brand and it’s a total disaster. ? Keep lying to yourselves it’s a success when it couldn’t even win NPD for one month lol.

XboneX is a fail at doing 4K and is a sales flop as well. It can’t even do console VR. What is the point of the machine?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@quadknight: QuackKnitWit with the “This post helps me sleep at night”.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@kuu2: I don't remember that.... I do remember wondering why $500 machine did 900p and a $400 machine did 1080p. Or even worse, before the Kinect was dropped, same scenario but 720p and 1080p. I also remember 1080p TVs being in virtually every house in 2013. And I also remember that 900p was upscaled, instead of using hardware designed to use checkerboarding to mimic a higher resolution. I also only remember a handful of games on PS4 not reaching native 1080p, unlike the X, where it seems to reach native 4k on a few big name titles. I also remember one console heavily advertised as a true, uncompromised 4k experience. Foot in mouth right there.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JoshRMeyer

@quadknight: Remember when MS had the X advertised as having VR on their website, and then for some reason taking it down shortly before launch? Lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By QuadKnight

@joshrmeyer: I remember that. I also remember when this clown called Kuu2 used to laugh at upscaled and checkerboard 4K and was touting the XboneX as a true 4K machine. ? Now he’s defending checkerboard on the XflopX like his life depends on it.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kuu2

@joshrmeyer: can’t help if you have memory disfunction.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@quadknight said:

@hrt_rulz01: You clowns, Pro is a success, it’s there to aid PS4 with PSVR and it’s doing fine in that regard. XboneX was supposed to be a relaunch of Xbone brand and it’s a total disaster. ? Keep lying to yourselves it’s a success when it couldn’t even win NPD for one month lol.

XboneX is a fail at doing 4K and is a sales flop as well. It can’t even do console VR. What is the point of the machine?

MS said from the get go that the X wasn't for the mass market and that the S would be its best seller, why do you need to lie to kick it.

Also show me where the PRO won in sales for just ONE month, and we also know that the X sold around 3x more than the PRO on launch, so if the X is a "total disaster" then the PRO must be a colossal **** up.

Only going by your rules quacknitwit LOL.

its so easy to use cows own logic against them :)

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Anything beyond 1080p is a waste of time, rather have the frame rate and detail.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

MS said from the get go that the X wasn't for the mass market and that the S would be its best seller, why do you need to lie to kick it.

Also show me where the PRO won in sales for just ONE month, and we also know that the X sold around 3x more than the PRO on launch, so if the X is a "total disaster" then the PRO must be a colossal **** up.

What rules? ? I have no rules, I'm going according to what MS has stated.

MS said there were no generations and that the X was supposed to usher in a new era of success and true 4K for the Xbone brand. It has done neither.

It doesn't do native 4K and it couldn't win NPD on its launch month. It's a complete and utter failure. PS4 Pro won NPD for Sony the month it launched and was adopted in a big way by PSVR owners. Sony released data for PS4 Pro that showed a majority of PSVR owners own a Pro. Sony was also smart to launch killer apps like Uncharted 4 and HZD to make good use of the Pro's hardware when it launched. ? MS has no killer apps around Xbone launch and the upcoming games for the XflopX are mediocre looking games like Sea of Thieves and CrackHead 3, games that could pass of as indie titles. The machine can't even do VR despite MS announcing VR when they originally announced it.

? The real proof that X is a massive flop is that it's been almost 2 months since it launched and MS still can't provide any sales numbers for it or even percentages. For the PSVR and Pro we have an idea of how many Sony sells because they regularly give updates. PSVR is over 2 million sold and PS4 Pro is about 20% of PS4's total worldwide sales are PS4 Pro (so approximate 4 million Pros were sold last year). When a big company like MS hides the sales numbers for their product out of embarrassment you know that its a flop for sure.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@kuu2: don't forget quality first party exclusives

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56276 Posts

@Xplode_games: @i_p_daily:

Just as I thought, you guys are so bored, you gotta talk shit about PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

MS said there were no generations and that the X was supposed to usher in a new era of success and true 4K for the Xbone brand. It has done neither.

It doesn't do native 4K and it couldn't win NPD on its launch month. It's a complete and utter failure. PS4 Pro won NPD for Sony the month it launched and was adopted in a big way by PSVR owners. Sony released data for PS4 Pro that showed a majority of PSVR owners own a Pro. Sony was also smart to launch a killer app like Uncharted 4 to make good use of the Pro's hardware when it launched. ? MS has no killer apps around Xbone launch and the upcoming games for the XflopX are mediocre looking games like Sea of Thieves and Crack head 3, games that could pass of as indie titles. The machine can't even do Vr despite MS announcing VR when they originally announced the X.

? The real proof that X is a massive flop is that it's been several months since it launched and MS still can't provide any sales numbers for it or even percentages. For the PSVR and Pro we have an idea of how many Sony sells because they regularly give updates. PSVR is over 2 million sold and PS4 Pro and about 20% of PS4's total worldwide sales are PS4 Pro (so approximate 4 million Pros were sold last year). When a big company like MS hides the sales numbers for their product out of embarrassment you know that its a flop for sure.

Can't do native 4k and yet there are games that are native 4k LOL. Can you provide a link that states MS said the X was a relaunch of the Xbox brand and was suppose to be a massive success?

I didn't read the rest of your "essay" LOL.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@pdogg93: well this pretty much sums up the end of this thread

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

It doesn't do native 4K and it couldn't win NPD on its launch month. It's a complete and utter failure. PS4 Pro won NPD for Sony the month it launched and was adopted in a big way by PSVR owners. Sony released data for PS4 Pro that showed a majority of PSVR owners own a Pro. Sony was also smart to launch a killer app like Uncharted 4 to make good use of the Pro's hardware when it launched. ? MS has no killer apps around Xbone launch and the upcoming games for the XflopX are mediocre looking games like Sea of Thieves and Crack head 3, games that could pass of as indie titles. The machine can't even do Vr despite MS announcing VR when they originally announced the X.

? The real proof that X is a massive flop is that it's been several months since it launched and MS still can't provide any sales numbers for it or even percentages. For the PSVR and Pro we have an idea of how many Sony sells because they regularly give updates. PSVR is over 2 million sold and PS4 Pro and about 20% of PS4's total worldwide sales are PS4 Pro (so approximate 4 million Pros were sold last year). When a big company like MS hides the sales numbers for their product out of embarrassment you know that its a flop for sure.

Can't do native 4k and yet there are games that are native 4k LOL. Can you provide a link that states MS said the X was a relaunch of the Xbox brand and was suppose to be a massive success?

It has a handful of native 4K games outside of indie games. I wouldn't call that being a success at 4K when even the Pro does that for cheaper.

So you waited a whole year and paid $150 more than a Pro to play a handful of games in native 4K and hype mediocre looking games like Sea of Thieves and Crackhead 3? Not even Flopza 7 made it to Digital Foundry's top 10 list of impressive games for 2017, and that should tell you why the XboneX was such a fail. A $500 console hyped as the most powerful console ever and it still couldn't come up with a game better looking than a game on a machine that costs $150 less lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@Xplode_games: @i_p_daily:

Just as I thought, you guys are so bored, you gotta talk shit about PC.

No you got fucking rekt big time, that's some of the biggest ownage that YOU brought upon yourself, and this is your weak arse response. I never talked shit about PC in this thread unlike how you did with consoles, and now you're paying for it LOL.

Have fun dav

#stayrektson

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JoshRMeyer

@i_p_daily: If the X sold well at launch, it just shows how bad the base Xbox One was. I'm the only one of my friends that upgraded to a Pro... The rest felt the PS4 was powerful enough until ps5... Even the ones with a psvr unit. (I wasn't going to upgrade until my base PS4 HDMI input broke, same day I bought a PSVR... So I'd still be using a base ps4 also)

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

And yet the best looking console game we’ve seen so far, HZD lives on that “gimmicky” machine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

It has a handful of native 4K games outside of indie games. I wouldn't call that being a success at 4K when even the Pro does that for cheaper.

So you waited a whole year and paid $150 more than a Pro to play a handful of games in native 4K and hype mediocre looking games like Sea of Thieves and Crackhead 3? Not even Flopza 7 made it to Digital Foundry's top 10 list of impressive games for 2017, and that should tell you why the XboneX was such a fail. A $500 console hyped as the most powerful console ever and it still couldn't come up with a game better looking than a game on a machine that costs $150 less lol.

Still no links :(

Also using a DF top 7 (not 10) for technically impressive, not best games LOL.

DF is a runny turd of a site, much like your posts, so its not surprising you "run" there LMAO.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily: It’s embarrassing any how you put it, not even one XflopX game made the list lol.

? DF has more credibility than a drooling fanboy like you. It’s why MS chose them to unveil Flopza 7 last year. I remember clowns like you praising that choice, now all of a sudden because the FlopX isn’t living up to the hype DF is now a “turd”.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@joshrmeyer said:

@i_p_daily: If the X sold well at launch, it just shows how bad the base Xbox One was. I'm the only one of my friends that upgraded to a Pro... The rest felt the PS4 was powerful enough until ps5... Even the ones with a psvr unit. (I wasn't going to upgrade until my base PS4 HDMI input broke, same day I bought a PSVR... So I'd still be using a base ps4 also)

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 JoshRMeyer

@i_p_daily: You made a meme using yourself? Isn't there some rule about that lol. It's funny because it could have sold well, but not necessarily for a good reason. Cool meme though.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Neither one is needed.

Half the Multiplats end up being better on PS4 Pro anyway so far.

what's the proof? other lems have asked but now I'm asking.

@quadknight you agreed with him, what's the proof?

cuz this is what DF said... and you can search my history I've never shit on DF and still respect them despite their BS lately.

now where is your proof?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JoshRMeyer

@kuu2: Erectile Dysfunction... Get it right man!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: It’s embarrassing any how you put it, not even one XflopX game made the list lol.

? DF has more credibility than a drooling fanboy like you. It’s why MS chose them to unveil Flopza 7 last year. I remember clowns like you praising that choice, now all of a sudden because the FlopX isn’t living up to the hype DF is now a “turd”.

Well right about now i'm waiting for 3 links from you.

I've always stated that DF & Metashitic are turds, so I never praised that choice (looking for 4 links from you now) and there is no "now" I don't flip flop like you.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

PS4 pro may be a gimick to lemmings, but Sony sure laid the smack down on MS this console gen.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By QuadKnight

@FLOPPAGE_50: I agreed with him that both the Pro and XboneX are fail when it comes to 4K. Of course it’s false that Pro has better looking multiplats than XboneX, that’s impossible given their hardware.

@i_p_daily: Link for what? That no XboneX game made DF list? ? WTF are you talking about lol?

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@quadknight said:

@FLOPPAGE_50: I agreed with him that both the Pro and XboneX are fail when it comes to 4K. Of course it’s false that Pro has better looking multiplats than XboneX, that’s impossible given there hardware.

@i_p_daily: Link for what? That no XboneX game made DF list? ? WTF are you talking about lol?

hell yeah bro, glad we agree.. for the price of both consoles it's worth if it if you're trying to avoid PC gaming.

both consoles are wins if you are trying to go above 1080p without a PC.

@daredevils2k said:

PS4 pro may be a gimick to lemmings, but Sony sure laid the smack down on MS this console gen.

Sony did win the console war this gen, but MS has done a decent job of trying to recuperate the mess of E3 2013.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@joshrmeyer said:

@i_p_daily: You made a meme using yourself? Isn't there some rule about that lol. It's funny because it could have sold well, but not necessarily for a good reason. Cool meme though.

The S still outsold it though, but now you want to use its successful first month as a bad thing, man you cows are cray, cray LOL.

And if using a "meme or yourself" is your best insult then you really gotta man it up a bit as using kids insults is embarrassing :(

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By QuadKnight

@FLOPPAGE_50: Yea that’s true. If you’re trying to go above 1080p both consoles do a fantastic job. Other than VR, the ability to go above 1080p on PS4 exclusives is why I got the Pro. I imagine it’s the same for XboneX owners as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight: Yep we're done, I've done what I needed to.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@quadknight said:

Blah blah typical quacknight fanboy nonsense blah blah.

Hey, at least you didn't try to hide behind PC this time. Lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01: ? Keep crying. You got rekt.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

The Xbox One X, Pro, and Switch are ALL great machines. I do love my X and I love playing all 3rd party games on it, but I want my Sony exclusives to also look their best and the best way to do that is the Pro. The Switch it just a great portable system when I am traveling or taking a dump.

@stuff238 said:

Neither one is needed.

Half the Multiplats end up being better on PS4 Pro anyway so far.

And seriously quit making shit up like this fanboys. It is disgusting and makes you look like idiots.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Yup the PS4 just did not age well & the Pro is half assed, it’s like Sony didn’t even try, while the Xbox One X is a true upgrade. No wonder why their fans must hide behind the PC when they attempt to compare their console with the X. The Pro being a gimmick is embarrassing but Sony tricked their base so they don’t care. They’ll probably announce the PS5 this year already to erase this embarrassment called the PS4 Pro.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 JoshRMeyer

@i_p_daily: Eh I wasn't trying to be mean... It was a cheesy insult on purpose. I'm not saying the X sold because the base Xbox one was really bad... I was saying that's gonna be the argument, or could be. I have no clue how it did. What's more important is how well it continues to do... Although we never have numbers so we'll never know.(Same with Pro)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@quadknight: Lmao you have a strange definition of rekt then.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56276 Posts

@i_p_daily: No one said I got rekt in the first place. You're just bored as always, trying to get a rise out of someone but hey that's you, I just prefer to keep my cool.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kuu2

Cows are flipping out again after the ProFauxK has been exposed as a gimmick.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@davillain- said:

So what I'm getting from that article is, build a PC that blows away both Pro/X. Okay, got it.

If your smart, you'll build a PC gaming rig and not be fooled by Pro or X. PC always wins!

You could do that or for only $499 you could upgrade to true 4k HDR gaming with the most powerful console in existence, the Xbox One X!

@Xplode_games said:

It's dishonest to lump the PS4 Pro together with the Xbox One X. Yes the X misses 4k a lot of the time

...?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@davillain- said:

So what I'm getting from that article is, build a PC that blows away both Pro/X. Okay, got it.

If your smart, you'll build a PC gaming rig and not be fooled by Pro or X. PC always wins!

You could do that or for only $499 you could upgrade to true 4k HDR gaming with the most powerful console in existence, the Xbox One X!

@Xplode_games said:

It's dishonest to lump the PS4 Pro together with the Xbox One X. Yes the X misses 4k a lot of the time

...?

LMAO

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

So Lem's are hiding behind analysts now?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@kuu2 said:

By your expectations X must be the biggest disappointment in console history.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: No one said I got rekt in the first place. You're just bored as always, trying to get a rise out of someone but hey that's you, I just prefer to keep my cool.

You're the one who tried to build up the PC, and also tried to insult the use of paying for gold by saying "it is almost criminal" which the response was getting 48 games for that price is almost criminal LOL, thus you got owned big time.

Geez man show some dignity and admit the ownage and move on.

#dignity #stayrekt #selfownage

LOL.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@kuu2 said:

What this means, then, is that even while the Xbox One X’s hard specs and performance are far better than the PS4 Pro’s, I don’t think there is that much of a difference to the end consumer.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#96  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

VR kind of justifies the Pro's existence. But from the standard console point of view it simply doesn't deliver. Even Horizon looks way too soft on a 4k TV. Been playing the new AC on my X (not full 4k either) and yesterday I decided to play a bit of HZD and it just doesn't compare to what the X delivers.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@kuu2:

And how well did the "all powerful" x1x help to close the gaping lead that the ps4 have over the x1 in sales this gen?

I mean, did the x1 outsell the ps4 this past holiday season at least?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ermacness

@kuu2:

Well we still have the "exclusive king" title for now, and possibly for the foreseeable future ahead.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ermacness

@joshrmeyer:

So much truth in your post, brother. To the lems, this is just a salty response.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 QuadKnight

@scatteh316 said:
@kuu2 said:

By your expectations X must be the biggest disappointment in console history.

? Absolutely rekt!