Amazon is plagued with 1 star PS4 user reviews.

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I'm sure about half of those low scoring reviews come from raging Xbox fanboys, but some of them got me kind of worried, especially those which mention hardware malfunction and similar shit. Link.

Excerpt:

--

Dead on arrival. Pulsing blue light nothing happens besides that. For a launch day edition this did not launch at all

--

Another 'blue light anti-special.' My launch day PS4 worked flawlessly for 30 minutes then died. It won't even restart in safe mode.

--

24 hours and the console stops working.

Now 15 unsuccessful tries and no video output whatsoever, USB not even working to try safe mode, so I am returning it to Amazon.

--

Ps4 was working fine when I first got it but later it started to turn off, on its own then I'd have to put it in safe mode to initialize it and it would work for a bit then cut off again and then every now and then I could not get it back in safe mode

--

Then when I was playong killzone the screen flickered and ps4 shut down. now every time I turn it on not thing appears on tv just the blinking blue light on ps4.

--

No video signal and blue light just keeps flashing.

--

The console worked for about 1 hour after booting it up. The console froze ~20 times (black screen and buzzing sound). Upon booting it backup I then received the blue pulsing lights, and it has now completely stopped working for me. No video output, nothing.

--

Now, don't get me wrong. I really want PS4.

I wanted to order my PS4 in the upcoming weeks, but now I'm really not sure.

What do you think?

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

Get it, if it ends up with a problem just send it back. You'll eventually get a good one and then never worry about it again.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If it's not a verified buyer, you can pretty much throw the review in the rubbish bin. Rabid Lem Syndrome is butthurting the internet. You know, since MS can't be arsed to make a 360 game at all this year, this is all they have to do with their time.

Pokemon266

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pokemon266
Member since 2009 • 369 Posts

Who cares

1 Million Plus sales

Thank you sony.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

If it's not a verified buyer, you can pretty much throw the review in the rubbish.

Quite a lot of them are.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

broken rate is 0,4%

Also, those who has fixed console won´t usually give review, only who has broken console gives review.

Also, most of those comments are bullshit.

Also, i remember when i got broken PS3, i gave it back to shop, and they gave me new PS3. This bullshit that i bought conosle that not works and now i can´t give back IS BULLSHIT !!!!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

i see butthurt lemmings got nothing else to do

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

It's worth noting, that most people will only review a product if they have a bad experience with it.

Most people, if they are happy with a product, will just keep using the product without bothering to review it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

I payed the 60 bones to Gamestop for their product replacement plan over two years... I'd rather walk into the store and have then handle it than me.

That said, my ps4 is working nice thus far.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shewgenja

I, for one, haven't really been on the net in the last few days because I was playing games non-stop. Decided to chill out in SW while eating breakfast this morning.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

HAHAHA damage control at it's finest.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I, for one, haven't really been on the net in the last few days because I was playing games non-stop. Decided to chill out in SW while eating breakfast this morning.

What are you playing?

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IgGy621985

I wanted to order my PS4 from Amazon Spain, since it's the cheapest option for me at this time (I'm from Croatia). So do you guys know, IF the console gets bricked, in order to return it to Amazon, who pays the postage expenses, me or Amazon?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

What are you playing?

KZ, Knack, NFS Rivals, NBA2K14, Resogun, DCUO, Contrast, Warframe and Trine.

Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts

some comments on there if u look are totally fanboy talk

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Snugenz

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

What are you playing?

Out of curiosity why aren't you playing all the multiplats on your PC?,

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Don't listen to the reviews. Most are unverified any ways.

Amazon won't give you shit if you buy from them... Even if you did have an issue. They always pay for shipping back to them and give a full refund if requested. If you even wanted to roll the dice again, you could ask for an advanced replacement. Which means they'll send you a replacement same day, while you return the other unit.

I know 3 people with PS4 and none of them have any issue with it. Soon I'll know 4 people with one come next week.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Truth_Hurts_U:

I'm sure some are fanboy troll reviews, but it still seems to be an issue bigger than sony would like to believe. I'll probably open mine up in the next few days--yes, I recieved it launch day and haven't even opened the box yet!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shewgenja

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

What are you playing?

My favorite kinds of games are FPS and MMO, which play far better on PC. I've found that with these games (what I have for PS4), controller is quite good. KillZone is the only FPS I play with controller (and, I'll be honest, I do find it difficult to adjust from KB/M.. Getting my ass handed to me at the end of Chapter 7, currently). As far as DCUO, I like how flying works with the controller better. So, it's a wash.

Long story short, I play with what I feel most comfortable with using for the type of game. Looking very forward to Diablo III on PS4, for example.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

There are enough alternative sources of info out there for that no to be too much of an issue, but people are lazy so...

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

almost half of them are not even verified buyer, obviously there are some genuine issues but with 1m consoles sold there are bound to be. also many xbots trolling 'ps4 sucks should have got xbox' blah blah blah

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

when it comes to reviews, you mostly get the extremists, not the ones that are doing just fine

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

It's worth noting, that most people will only review a product if they have a bad experience with it.

Most people, if they are happy with a product, will just keep using the product without bothering to review it.

Riiiiight. By that logic, all RROD 360's were only people with broken consoles and all the good ones were never reported. Spin spin sugar!

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

@_Matt_ said:

Riiiiight. By that logic, all RROD 360's were only people with broken consoles and all the good ones were never reported. Spin spin sugar!

This is just common sense.

"GOD DAMMIT THIS THING SUCKS! IMMA GO WRITE AN ANGRY REVIEW!"

"Wow, this thing is awesome. Imma keep sitting here playing it and generally enjoying my life."

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snugenz

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

What are you playing?

My favorite kinds of games are FPS and MMO, which play far better on PC. I've found that with these games (what I have for PS4), controller is quite good. KillZone is the only FPS I play with controller (and, I'll be honest, I do find it difficult to adjust from KB/M.. Getting my ass handed to me at the end of Chapter 7, currently). As far as DCUO, I like how flying works with the controller better. So, it's a wash.

Long story short, I play with what I feel most comfortable with using for the type of game. Looking very forward to Diablo III on PS4, for example.

DCUO i get, pad works great because it was designed to work great with it, but Warframe, with pad?, i can't imagine that.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

@Shewgenja: I'm sure you can say the same for Sony fans who haven't received the console yet and rate it a 5.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

What are you playing?

Just wondering if the controller is the only reason cant you use the ps4 controller on pc?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I never look at user reviews. Too infested with raging fanboys.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Phazevariance said:

@_Matt_ said:

"Wow, this thing is awesome. Imma keep sitting here playing it and generally enjoying my life."

@Phazevariance

Exactly what Ninja Hippo said.

I have been completely happy with both my 360s and my PS3 slim, so have never once written a review about any of them.

On the flip side, my 60GB PS3 got YLOD, so I wrote a negative review to warn people about this.

If you have a working product, chances are you are not going to even think about reviewing it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

I'm sure about half of those low scoring reviews come from raging Xbox fanboys, but some of them got me kind of worried, especially those which mention hardware malfunction and similar shit. Link.

Excerpt:

--

Dead on arrival. Pulsing blue light nothing happens besides that. For a launch day edition this did not launch at all

--

Another 'blue light anti-special.' My launch day PS4 worked flawlessly for 30 minutes then died. It won't even restart in safe mode.

--

24 hours and the console stops working.

Now 15 unsuccessful tries and no video output whatsoever, USB not even working to try safe mode, so I am returning it to Amazon.

--

Ps4 was working fine when I first got it but later it started to turn off, on its own then I'd have to put it in safe mode to initialize it and it would work for a bit then cut off again and then every now and then I could not get it back in safe mode

--

Then when I was playong killzone the screen flickered and ps4 shut down. now every time I turn it on not thing appears on tv just the blinking blue light on ps4.

--

No video signal and blue light just keeps flashing.

--

The console worked for about 1 hour after booting it up. The console froze ~20 times (black screen and buzzing sound). Upon booting it backup I then received the blue pulsing lights, and it has now completely stopped working for me. No video output, nothing.

--

Now, don't get me wrong. I really want PS4.

I wanted to order my PS4 in the upcoming weeks, but now I'm really not sure.

What do you think?

I could say the same thing. Half of the 5 star ratings are coming from Sony PR.

1. Blue lights of Death. Could not turn PS4 on. No any image on TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-eDs9kxeo

2. Red Line Of Death (RLOD). PS4 constantly overheats and shuts down or freezes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvitvoDSWk

3. White line of Death (WLOD). HDD problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoKB80wvqow

4. Defective controller. Thumbstick rubber peels off & R1 button gets stuck - R1 button gets stuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSk8GPldOSM

- PS4 Controller R1 Button Defective after only 10 hours of play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzvyIMmvPzw

5. Wobbles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1cZjmx7qfM

6. Strange sound when inserting disc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tlHzTPksMI

7. HDMI cable problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbJfqGbQYXQ

8. PS4 is very loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2T_p05WA_4

9. Electroshocks its owner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9_kTxjAeA

10. Bad assembly and cheap plastic. Someone could not find its power button because it was missed.

11. Defective disc drive. Sometimes can't play disc based games or movies.

12. The screen is glitchy.

13. Battery in controller dies in less than 6 hours of gameplay.

Other problems and complains:

- Bluray loads painfully slow. - Blu-ray will not output digital sound, neither will games. But the dashboard will? - Blu-ray looks DVD quality and a little bit muddy. - Blue blinding light on controller, with no option to turn it off. - Constant game freezing - Poor interface for inviting friends to online games - Just plain poor interface - 3.5 hour initial set up.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

most likely bullshyt viral marketing.

no legit product would ever get 800 5 stars and 400 1 stars.

user reviews are useless.

although i was on the phone with my buddy as he hooked his up and it did shock the shyt out of him.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

LOL at the damage control by PlayStation fanboys.

I'm sure there are some troll reviews on Amazon just like there are some blind PlayStation fanboy reviews of people that don't even own the console yet on there as well, but if you look at the majority of negative reviews, most of them say "Amazon Verified Purchase" which means that the person is confirmed to have purchased the console from Amazon.

I doubt that there are very many trolls that are spending $400 to buy a PS4 just so that they can post a negative review on Amazon, so most of those reviews seem legitimate.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#33 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

You can't trust user reviews at all.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

lol @lemmings ignoring xbox360 HUGE RROD back in the days and now acting like there is a huge problem with the ps4 when there is no problem. ps4 keeps selling no mather what you try lemmings nobody listens to the minority

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

the depths cows will go to try and make light of this. Its funny all that snipping done by cows from afar when the systems were just being talked about looks to have came back to bite them in the ass. The PS4 seems like it was pushed together on and they didn't put a value on the build like xbox did. EVERY Single component, piece, plastic of the xbox one was hand vetted, checked, and approved. Penello was laughed at then in the internet wars, well now who is laugh. Enjoy your wobble station, ds4 scratched up thumbstick, software piece of heaping high shit right now.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By IgGy621985

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Don't listen to the reviews. Most are unverified any ways.

Amazon won't give you shit if you buy from them... Even if you did have an issue. They always pay for shipping back to them and give a full refund if requested. If you even wanted to roll the dice again, you could ask for an advanced replacement. Which means they'll send you a replacement same day, while you return the other unit.

I know 3 people with PS4 and none of them have any issue with it. Soon I'll know 4 people with one come next week.

Thanks man, you helped a lot.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Launch units are always a lottery. I'm not sure why people didn't expect this. If you don't want to run the risk of failed hardware, wait a year or two to get one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

quite a number seem to be verified amazon purchases. But it's much more likely for dissatisfied customers to leave reviews than those enjoying the product

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

That's what you get for buying a launch system. Shit happens, just more frequently with launch consoles.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

Lol. First the "red ring of death" and now the "blue light of death". You see, part of the Nintendo magic is being able to buy a new console and not having to worry about it breaking within a week. They carry on the hardware quality that existed back in the 80's. Sony and M$ just don't get it

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@conkertheking1 said:

Lol. First the "red ring of death" and now the "blue light of death". You see, part of the Nintendo magic is being able to buy a new console and not having to worry about it breaking within a week. They carry on the hardware quality that existed back in the 80's. Sony and M$ just don't get it

But there were plenty reports of bricked Wii-Us during its launch. More complex electronics = more potential points of failure

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

And original Wii overheating on standby with the connect24 service on when the CPU was still active but the fan was turned off .

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Look at the verified reviews.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

GS is plagued with redundant threads

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

With online user reviews you're always going to get more of the bad cases than the actual happy customers (like myself). The motivation is obviously higher when you're unhappy to leave negative reviews. The PS4 is fine.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Phazevariance said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Phazevariance

Exactly what Ninja Hippo said.

I have been completely happy with both my 360s and my PS3 slim, so have never once written a review about any of them.

On the flip side, my 60GB PS3 got YLOD, so I wrote a negative review to warn people about this.

If you have a working product, chances are you are not going to even think about reviewing it.

Thus the more negative reviews, the more broken consoles exist. Amazon is filling up fast with those.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Damn, cows are damage controlling HARD with this. They wouldn't afford the competition these excuses would they.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet:

Sounds like the trolls are on DMC.

Here are some facts to blow you trolls away.

In 1 amazon wear house picture.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/2375959-_mg_0240.jpg

There are 2,100 PS4's.

89 Amazon wear houses.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-08-29/why-amazon-is-on-a-warehouse-building-spree

Lets say 44 in the US.

92,400 PS4 units.

Counting the legit 1 star reviews fail rate is around .7%.