Am i the only one who thinks halo is overrated????

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Set_Free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Set_Free
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

Before you begin to attack me because of my title give me a sec to say....Yes, i do think halo is a good game.....but nothing more...

For this to be one of the most anticipated games in gaming history, i would expect it to be and "All Around" excellent game and its not. I agree that the multiplayer experience is one to remember but the single player in halo is simply average, along with the graphics, and people act as if its the best thing to happen to gamers since mario bros, And like i said b4, its not that i think its a bad game, i just dont see what the big fuss is about, mabey its something i'm missing???   

eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts

Your OPINION is noted.

16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
It's a good game, just not THAT good.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

I think you meant halo 2. I thought halo CE's single player was great, it's just that in halo 2 it was lacking. That's just my opinion anyways.

But hey, there's games getting 9.4's even without single player, so everything is relative.

dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
its an ok game im not much into fps but i think it is somewhat over rated.
wklzip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wklzip
Member since 2005 • 13925 Posts
Lots of people think halo is overrated, just go to the halo forums.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It is not "overrated" as many may say. It is a "quality" game. People do have different tastes in games and I for one do not enjoy Halo one bit. It feels like a poor attempt at appealing to the casual shooter audience while offering nothing for the hardcore shooter fan.

People will attempt to call "hating Halo" a "bandwagon" but isn't liking Halo just because its Halo also a "bandwagon?"

The problem with people expressing their opinions here on System Wars is that there are some people who believe their opinion is fact and do not respect those of others.
No_worrys_mate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 No_worrys_mate
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
Look i love Halos Sp, While the Multiplayer was the best thing around (On Consoles), It dosent comapre to the Fps at the time on the Pc, They had a few problems but it worked i mean the aiming system was a joke, I cant really think of too much other than the graphics, The Control pad but it had its own style that made up for it, Your either good at it or your not, I like Halo3 better just for having aiming propley done, I mean theirs some flaws with it still but its beta of course and its more technical i think, I just hope you can mele when emtying a clip because thats just pathetic.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
love the sig @ 11Marcel
Set_Free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Set_Free
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

It is not "overrated" as many may say. It is a "quality" game. People do have different tastes in games and I for one do not enjoy Halo one bit. It feels like a poor attempt at appealing to the casual shooter audience while offering nothing for the hardcore shooter fan.

People will attempt to call "hating Halo" a "bandwagon" but isn't liking Halo just because its Halo also a "bandwagon?"

The problem with people expressing their opinions here on System Wars is that there are some people who believe their opinion is fact and do not respect those of others.
foxhound_fox

Very true, but i'm not trying to "Hate" on halo, in fact i'll get it when it comes out.... I just dont see what makes halo popular enough to have a $129 LE or popular enough for g4 to have a halo launch show like its a system or something....

But please know that i'm not mad that these things are happening ,I just dont see the greatness that others see... 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 foxhound_fox
Very true, but i'm not trying to "Hate" on halo, in fact i'll get it when it comes out.... I just dont see what makes halo popular enough to have a $129 LE or popular enough for g4 to have a halo launch show like its a system or something....

But please know that i'm not mad that these things are happening ,I just dont see the greatness that others see...

Set_Free

Bungie is selling the game to its fans. They know that whatever they put with the game, there will be suckers with money wiling to buy it. The same pretty much goes for every game and its fans. Hell... if they packaged a 12" resin statue of Samus and a bunch of other stuff with Prime 3, I'd buy it.
aalsheh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aalsheh
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts

it's over rated,, in fact it's probably the most over rated game in history...

yes it's a good game, but the media and MS hype it way too much for it's own sake... look at all the top selling games of all time

Mario, does not get as much hype, and guess what it sells more

same goes for GT, GTA and others....

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
I agree with your point, but for me Halo is mediocre, not good. It's way overrated.
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

Nope.  I don't even have to read you're message to say that Halo is indeed very over-rated.

It does nothing drastically new as a shooter, the story is dumb, the environments and enemies in the campaign mode are repetitive, the mutiplayer is decent... but there are like 100 other games with better multiplayer.

Thats the first one.

The second is even worse because the game focused almost entirely on the multiplayer which is broken and unbalanced. 

Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
Everything is overrated your own opinion only counts.
The-0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The-0ne
Member since 2005 • 2785 Posts
Considering the game almost single handedly saved the Xbox... I'd say it's rated just fine. Plus, Imo, It's bloody good anyway.
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
For console standards, it's not overrated.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
Lots of people think it's overrated. Not necessarely for the score it gets, but more for the way people talk about it, as if it saved gaming or something....
Vax45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vax45
Member since 2005 • 4834 Posts

I think you meant halo 2. I thought halo CE's single player was great, it's just that in halo 2 it was lacking. That's just my opinion anyways.

But hey, there's games getting 9.4's even without single player, so everything is relative.

11Marcel

I'm not a very big fan of Halo myself... but from what I've seen, Halo 2's single player ROCKED.  I mean, come on, you jumped off of a bridge onto a fourty story walking machine, killing the Covanent driving the damn thing.  How could you not get any cooler than that? 

Avatar image for deactivated-62d1b87aec423
deactivated-62d1b87aec423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 deactivated-62d1b87aec423
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
This seems like flame bait to me. You know there are thousands beside you who think Halo is overrated, but unfortunately for you the majority of people disagree with your opinion. No need to make a crappy thread about it.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

No, a lot of fanboys say it.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I don't think the original deserved 9.7/10 but I think the sequel deserves higher than 9.4/10.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

I could say it's slightly overrated by the media - I like it just fine where it is - but it's still a AAA series. On the other hand, it's severely underrated by raving fanboys. 

Nope. I don't even have to read you're message to say that Halo is indeed very over-rated.

It does nothing drastically new as a shooter, the story is dumb, the environments and enemies in the campaign mode are repetitive, the mutiplayer is decent... but there are like 100 other games with better multiplayer.

TacoJelly

So, did you play the PC version three years after the original came out? 'Cause you ain't talking about Halo here.

chrisdojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chrisdojo
Member since 2005 • 5065 Posts
halo IS overrated. halo-CE multiplayer was fun, but the story was a semi half life 1 rip off. the interior enviroments were repeated over and over again..... but it was the first "great" console shooter (yes, better than goldeneye IMO), although i prefer the PC version over console (for mouse/keyboard sake).
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
I agree halo has fantastic multi player but the game goes wrong in so many places, the game could be much better if they had done things diferenty, the only reason the game gets the hype it does is because it is the original xbox savior, if it wasn´t for halo lemmings would be extinct. The most praised game on the xbox is an fps, I didn´t buy consoles to play fps´s, I don´t mind playing one or another but I much rather prefer thrid person view games on consoles.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
Its overratted, but still a very good game, just not THAT good.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Halo is a good game,however,I do think it is slightly overrated.
jbisco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 jbisco25
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts
I think it a good game but it overhype by fanboys to much like most good games are.
pcmxms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pcmxms
Member since 2003 • 1596 Posts
No, you are not the only one. IN MY OPINION, Halo isn't better then, say, doom. But well, this is my opinion.
cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts
no your not, but that's your opinion, your entitled to it, but no one really cares, but in my opinion, I think mgs is way overrated, it's not that great, but thats my opinion, and before you cows bash "oh your a lemming all lemmings hate mgs blah blah blah"  I actually like other sony franchises like god of war, socom, and FF but a FF game is on nintendo and and xbox system so whatever
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Halo is for the weak minded who dont know anything about good shooters. Real FPS games dont have auto aim and most of them allow you to carry more then 2 guns at once. The storyline in Halo is rather craptacular, most shooters have at least a decent story with characters who actually have personality. Half Life is easily the best FPS game series when it comes to having a great story, as well as having awesome fast paced gameplay. Half Life isnt exactly easy thats for sure.

Naturally it is overrated, the game could be improved so much more but its hard to without having to use a keyboard in mouse when you speed up the gameplay. Everything that Halo does has been done by Half Life or Unreal much better.

eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
I could try and argue that Halo is ausome because of _____, but I won't. The fact is that you've made up your mind and the elements that I really enjoy obviously don't appeal as much to you. It is overrated by some, but by people like me it is simply enjoyed (a lot!). So, respect the fact that it sells so well, because other people are enjoying it a lot. That is what makes it a great game (I would say one of the best); Halo is a great game/series because so many people are entertained by it.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
I dont like the game at all. There are way better PC FPS that I would rather play. Halos standards are not up to my standards.
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

Before you begin to attack me because of my title give me a sec to say....Yes, i do think halo is a good game.....but nothing more...

For this to be one of the most anticipated games in gaming history, i would expect it to be and "All Around" excellent game and its not. I agree that the multiplayer experience is one to remember but the single player in halo is simply average, along with the graphics, and people act as if its the best thing to happen to gamers since mario bros, And like i said b4, its not that i think its a bad game, i just dont see what the big fuss is about, mabey its something i'm missing???   

Set_Free

the single player will be awsome for halo 3 with co-op and this being the last of the triolgy it better be.mtv said they tried the first 1 hour of it and loved it.halo ones single player was awsome by the way.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
No you're not the only one. I think it's the setting that makes the game unappealing to me. Not a big fan of fighting brightly colored English-spealing snailelephants with purple lasers in huge empty gray rooms and hallways. So I pretty much hate half of the game, and partly dislike the rest of it. And of course the Flood levels are ****ing awful. The larger outdoor parts where you race around in the Warthog were entertaining though. And multiplayer is fun. To me it's an 8.x game.
Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
I swear sometimes I think I'm the only person who doesn't think it's underated.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Lots of people think it's overrated. Not necessarely for the score it gets, but more for the way people talk about it, as if it saved gaming or something....Timesplitter14

Very true, I guess I think it's overrated in both ways, but it's not exactly a horrible game.  I think Halo 2 on Xbox should've scored at least 1.5 less, and Halo 1 was by far superior.  I personally don't think it deserved the score either, but it was still the better game and I guess it deserves a good amount of praise.

I just can't stand when people go through school claiming it's "God's gift to humanity" and that it should be considered the best game of all time.  I like to call them casuals, but some of them are pretty hardcore, and that's what I don't understand really.  I wonder why they haven't played better FPS's like Half-Life etc.

Well, whatever I doubt this'll change anything, but I certainly agree.
wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
Halo is alright but it's really not that great. It is overhyped.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
i find halo to be a ok game, but yep i do agree its way over rated game. especially if your a pc gamer like my self who bought Half Life when it was first released. halo brought nothing new  to me that i have not seen before. halo 2 was ok also. but these are my opinion. also the mp in halo is not something special either. especially when you have UT series, and CS for my MP fix.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

No, you are not the only one who thinks that. You are just one of many people who are wrong...

But you are entitled to your opinion.

alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
halo is a good game just not THAT good IMO
Avatar image for Shadow_Elite192
Shadow_Elite192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shadow_Elite192
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts

halo = best game ever. No arguments

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
If you're a PC gamer then heck yes its overrated. I laugh when people like the cows say its overrated then go on about Killzones potential. Its the best console FPS bar none. But Console FPS is the JV while PC FPS is Varsity.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 foxhound_fox

No, you are not the only one who thinks that. You are just one of many people who are wrong...

But you are entitled to your opinion.

heretrix

How does that work? You say his opinion is wrong... and then go on to say he is entitled to it... :?
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts

It's a good game, I liked it.  There were flaws in the first 2, (with Halo 1 being better than 2), but I don't think it's the greatest game ever, that belongs to Starcraft or Half Life

But my problem is that people act as if it's the ONLY game...  I had some friends of mine who when they came over to play my Xbox the only game they ever wanted to play was Halo 2 (sometimes just singleplayer too...).  PGR2 was a great game, as was Mech Assault (imo), Crimson Skies, KOTOR, Conker, and many, many other games...  

I got sick of that really.  I even heard people saying recently saying how Halo 2 was much better than Gears of War...  And of course he dodged the question when I asked did you play GeOW?  

Yeah, it's a great game, best?  That's subjective.  But to rant, rave, and die for a friggin game is just annoying...  

rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts

halo = best game ever. No arguments

Shadow_Elite192
And people wonder why others call it overrated.
Shadow_Elite192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shadow_Elite192
Unlike most games, glitches added to the awesomenes.
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts

Unlike most games, glitches added to the awesomenes.Shadow_Elite192

You mean Big Rigs?  That game was friggin awesome!  (for a few minutes)   

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Your OPINION is noted.

eastside49er

I'm pretty sure that every single thing on this forum is opinion and speculation.  If his opinion does not agree with yours then fight about it.  that's what this place is for.  Frankly, at this point it's too early  in the console's lifetime to make an informed judgement about these things. 

Shadow_Elite192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shadow_Elite192

[QUOTE="Shadow_Elite192"]Unlike most games, glitches added to the awesomenes.ssbfalco

You mean Big Rigs? That game was friggin awesome! (for a few minutes)

Unlike.................................................most................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................v