Am i the only one who hasnt tried fallout3?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bayareahusla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bayareahusla
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts
i wanted to get in to it but i just dont see taking 20 shots at anything and not being able to kill it maybe if it was with swords with another story i would have bought it already i wanna like it but cant can someone tell me something about this game to make me like it
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

Its not my type of game. I bought it ...got about 2-3 hours in and just got bored. I personally enjoyed Oblivion more

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

It's not my kind of game.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

I got out of breath reading that in my head. Throw in some punctuation :P

Anyways, Fallout 3 is awesome, but it's not without its setbacks. I enjoyed it a lot.

bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bdum_pshhh
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

doesn't interest me. not a big fan of the art style.

bayareahusla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bayareahusla
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

I got out of breath reading that in my head. Throw in some punctuation :P

Anyways, Fallout 3 is awesome, but it's not without its setbacks. I enjoyed it a lot.

-Traveller-
got out of breath? lol i guess im gonna go try it out any demos for it?
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
i wanted to get in to it but i just dont see taking 20 shots at anything and not being able to kill it maybe if it was with swords with another story i would have bought it already i wanna like it but cant can someone tell me something about this game to make me like itbayareahusla
ihavent, ive seen it at my firnds and it looks kinda slow, skill-less, and boring but i really dont know
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
Na your not the only one.
WhenPicklezFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WhenPicklezFly
Member since 2009 • 914 Posts

Im in the same boat

BoutDat26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BoutDat26
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts
Na your not the only one.Dr_Snood
same here
spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

i haven't

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
Fallout 3 is overhyped and overrated. such a crap game.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

Could never get into it, because of the art style. I hate bleak games with a grey atmosphere all the time. It's sole purpose is nuclear destruction with the environment so it's definitely meant to be like that :P, just not my style!

Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Knight-of-NINE
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts
i wanted to get in to it but i just dont see taking 20 shots at anything and not being able to kill it maybe if it was with swords with another story i would have bought it already i wanna like it but cant can someone tell me something about this game to make me like itbayareahusla
Trust me i thought i wouldn't like it either, because i'm such an Oblivion nut but it is almost as great as Oblivion. By the way it wouldn't take you 20 times to kill an enemy once you level up and learn to repair your weapons you become more and more deadly, for example if you have a shotgun that does 16% damage and your standing in front of a raider thats like 30 feet away using the V.A.T.S. system and you have a 90% chance of hitting them in the head, then there head will be blown off with one shot. I know i'm new here but believe me i had some serious doubts about Fallout 3 and once my friend showed me how to do certain things, it's now become one of my favorite RPG's and i even have both DLC's for it, " Operation Anchorage " and " The Pitt ", operation anchorage i finished, now i'll be starting the pitt. Anyway trust me give it a try, and by all means get the strategy guide and dive into it, you'll love it, and if it's to hard for you on normal, just put it down to very easy or easy until you level up and get some good armor and weapons, and some caps (money) saved up then when you feel you can handle it, change the difficulty back to normal. You'll be kickin' super mutant butt in no time and lovin' every minute of it.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Well, TC, you aren't missing out on much.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i didn't get into the game. i played it at my friend's house.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#17 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

i havent tried it, i heard the ps3 version was stuffed so im waiting to get my new PC and then i will look at getting it.

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

It's on my shelf unopened. I'm not sure if I will like it or not.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
too scared to buy it. Afraid I will hate it.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
Ok, enough with the negativity already. It's one of my top 3 GOTYs of 2008, and of the best games I've ever played this gen so far.
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

i tried the game for 1 hr, was a waste of my time imo, there is so mush hype for this game but does it really deserve it? noooooooo.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

[QUOTE="bayareahusla"]i wanted to get in to it but i just dont see taking 20 shots at anything and not being able to kill it maybe if it was with swords with another story i would have bought it already i wanna like it but cant can someone tell me something about this game to make me like itStealthKnife
ihavent, ive seen it at my firnds and it looks kinda slow, skill-less, and boring but i really dont know

:| Wow, just wow...

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Traveller-

It's a good game. Ending isn't the best, as they don't let you explore afterwards, but with the new PC/360 DLC they are reworking it fora slightly better ending, and then the DLC proceeds after the main quest.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I thought it was good until I got a bit into it, then I couldn't finish it, got pretty boring.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

i havent played it but its not for the reasons you named! ill be getting it soon so im not too concerned my cousin is playing it right now and he keeps telling me key things about the game and got me seriously interested. you can actually shoot the limbs off of people! :shock:

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

nah,you're not the only one,there is plenty of people on the RPG Codex forums that wouldnt even look twice at FO3.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers and waiting for a GOTY edition type thing with the added DLC, since I'd be buying for the PS3.
Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Trigger_Hppy
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

O...M...G... this thread is so full of cool people! You see, since everyone here is hating on Fallout 3, which is respected by a wide audience, they insulate themselves and make themselves unique. This isolation then breeds a sense of superiority of not being "one of the masses" that might actually enjoy a game because its fun! Really, its a brilliant plan, except for the fact that you all don't sound cool or knowledgeable, but rather quite whiny and stuck up. If you don't like the game, fine, but don't be such a **** about it.

n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 n_kors
Member since 2005 • 1785 Posts
THere's nothing i can tell you to make you like it because I'm personally disgusted with fallout 3. THe only things to do are the main quest and about 10 random side missions: Thats IT!!! The game is complete rip off if you ask me. If you've played and enjoyed oblivion, then Fallout 3 will just make you cringe at the lack of content.
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Traveller-

O...M...G... this thread is so full of cool people! You see, since everyone here is hating on Fallout 3, which is respected by a wide audience, they insulate themselves and make themselves unique. This isolation then breeds a sense of superiority of not being "one of the masses" that might actually enjoy a game because its fun! Really, its a brilliant plan, except for the fact that you all don't sound cool or knowledgeable, but rather quite whiny and stuck up. If you don't like the game, fine, but don't be such a **** about it.

Trigger_Hppy

Yeah because you don't sound whiney and stuck up coming in here and complaining about them.

Seriously, people don't have to like it, and they're entitled to voice their opinion.

Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Trigger_Hppy

[QUOTE="bayareahusla"]i wanted to get in to it but i just dont see taking 20 shots at anything and not being able to kill it maybe if it was with swords with another story i would have bought it already i wanna like it but cant can someone tell me something about this game to make me like itn_kors
THere's nothing i can tell you to make you like it because I'm personally disgusted with fallout 3. THe only things to do are the main quest and about 10 random side missions: Thats IT!!! The game is complete rip off if you ask me. If you've played and enjoyed oblivion, then Fallout 3 will just make you cringe at the lack of content.

I.... I don't know what to say here....

This statement actually angered me, and I don't usually get angry over the internets. Just because you don't get a flashing map marker shouting "COME HERE LOL!", doesn't mean you can't go there. Bobbleheads, skill books, unique weapons, behemoths, any of this sounding familiar at all? Heck, none of the quests take you to any of the coolest buildings, notably the Capitol building, which is one of the coolest experiences in the game. Just walk around and explore, I think you may see why that comment was very ignorant.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kandlegoat

Trigger_Hppy

oh and I suppose when Console gamers that bash the Resident evil series and Final Fantasy Series for changing,it's justified,yet when oldschool fallout fans do it,they're pricks?

and before you reply,i'm aware of the RE5 icon in your mygamercard.net sig,i'm speaking generally.

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
Crappy game, stay away unless you're a hardcore WRPG fan.
Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Trigger_Hppy

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

-Traveller-

Yeah because you don't sound whiney and stuck up coming in here and complaining about them.

Seriously, people don't have to like it, and they're entitled to voice their opinion.

I never said they weren't, but simply writing off Fallout as trash and walking on is the epitome of ignorance. You can say you didn't like it, I'm all for it, but don't senslessly trash one of the largest and most intricate games this gen with a simple adjective like "trash" or any synonym of that. You know what I mean?

n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 n_kors

Trigger_Hppy
blah blah blah. You're missing the point. If you like the game so godforsaken much then try to convince TC to play it...or wait, you must have not even read his post which makes you a SPammer. Your'e the only one acting like a d-bag in this forum bud.
Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Trigger_Hppy

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

Kandlegoat

oh and I suppose when Console gamers that bash the Resident evil series and Final Fantasy Series for changing,it's justified,yet when oldschool fallout fans do it,they're pricks?

and before you reply,i'm aware of the RE5 icon in your mygamercard.net sig,i'm speaking generally.

No, anyone that needlessly hates on a game with simple adjectives are wrong to do so, in my view. I wish RE would return to its roots, but that doesn't make RE5 trash, its just not the direction I want RE5 to go. You see the difference between that and calling it garbage?

n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 n_kors

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

Trigger_Hppy

I never said they weren't, but simply writing off Fallout as trash and walking on is the epitome of ignorance. You can say you didn't like it, I'm all for it, but don't senslessly trash one of the largest and most intricate games this gen with a simple adjective like "trash" or any synonym of that. You know what I mean?

Fallout 3 is anything but intricate. Especially compared to oblivion. But I guess for the more simple-minded the game would qualify as "intricate"
speculative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 speculative
Member since 2003 • 176 Posts

I'm sure I will like it, but I haven't yet purchased it. The reason is, I have plenty of games to play now. Also, I bought Oblivion upon release, and now the GotY edition with all the expansions is only like $30 or something which is much less than I paid for the single game new. So, I am waiting for a similar edition of Fallout 3 to be released within the next year. The third reason is that I'm waiting until all patches & good mods for the game come out. I don't have time to play many games through more than once (maybe 1 or 2 ever) so I want to experience everything in an RPG in the first run-through.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

Trigger_Hppy

I understand where you are coming from. The truth is though people have wildly different wants and needs, and maybe Fallout 3 didn't fill it for them, and it's how they saw it.

I liked it, but I see it get praised to high heaven, when I don't believe it is thaaaat good.

Still enjoyed it though.

Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Trigger_Hppy

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

n_kors

blah blah blah. You're missing the point. If you like the game so godforsaken much then try to convince TC to play it...or wait, you must have not even read his post which makes you a SPammer. Your'e the only one acting like a d-bag in this forum bud.

Man, I'm sorry I offended you so much, seriously. I just want people to ease off the one-word trashing, and talk in a reasonable way about it, I'm sorry if that offends you so much.

Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Trigger_Hppy

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

-Traveller-

I understand where you are coming from. The truth is though people have wildly different wants and needs, and maybe Fallout 3 didn't fill it for them, and it's how they saw it.

I liked it, but I see it get praised to high heaven, when I don't believe it is thaaaat good.

Still enjoyed it though.

Thats fine, but writing off a game that took years of tireless work to create, with intricate details, as "trash" justs gets under my skin. Heck, I even defended Assassin's Creed once from this, and I really disliked how repetitive it was. Still, I realized it was a solid game, with a few errors.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kandlegoat

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

Trigger_Hppy

No, anyone that needlessly hates on a game with simple adjectives are wrong to do so, in my view. I wish RE would return to its roots, but that doesn't make RE5 trash, its just not the direction I want RE5 to go. You see the difference between that and calling it garbage?

of course I see the difference,but there is plenty of people as well that feel that Fallout 3 was a decent game for what it was,but should go back to it's roots,just like i've seen plenty of people Call RE4 and 5 "trash"...doublestandard

Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Trigger_Hppy

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

n_kors

Fallout 3 is anything but intricate. Especially compared to oblivion. But I guess for the more simple-minded the game would qualify as "intricate"

Hey, check my GT, i got 1220/1250 or something like that for Oblivion, so I know a little about it. When did I start insulting Oblivion? And on that path, Morrowind is the game you should be using, not Oblivion.

Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Trigger_Hppy

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

Kandlegoat

of course I see the difference,but there is plenty of people as well that feel that Fallout 3 was a decent game for what it was,but should go back to it's roots,just like i've seen plenty of people Call RE4 and 5 "trash"...doublestandard

I'm all for negative opinions, but I believe that when you insult art, which video games are steadily progressing towards, you should do more than describe it as trash. BTW, I'm not specifying Fallout here, all games shouldn't get senseless hate IMO.

n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 n_kors

[QUOTE="n_kors"][QUOTE="bayareahusla"]i wanted to get in to it but i just dont see taking 20 shots at anything and not being able to kill it maybe if it was with swords with another story i would have bought it already i wanna like it but cant can someone tell me something about this game to make me like itTrigger_Hppy

This statement actually angered me, and I don't usually get angry over the internets. Just because you don't get a flashing map marker shouting "COME HERE LOL!", doesn't mean you can't go there. Bobbleheads, skill books, unique weapons, behemoths, any of this sounding familiar at all? Heck, none of the quests take you to any of the coolest buildings, notably the Capitol building, which is one of the coolest experiences in the game. Just walk around and explore, I think you may see why that comment was very ignorant.

That's great and all, but when I play games I like to have these things called "objectives." I know, that might be a big word for you, but just listen here. Wandering the wasteland just to find abandoned buildings with mutants in them is hardly my idea of having objectives, or having fun for that matter. Everything in the game is pointless besides the main mission. Bethesda did not give us much incentive to continue playing the game after the main quests are finished...OH wait, the game is over after the main quest! I'd wander the plains of oblivion and spend countless hours in dungeons and mines any day over wandering aimlessly throughout the wasteland. Don't assume that I haven't played the game dude.
Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Trigger_Hppy

[QUOTE="Trigger_Hppy"]

[QUOTE="n_kors"] THere's nothing i can tell you to make you like it because I'm personally disgusted with fallout 3. THe only things to do are the main quest and about 10 random side missions: Thats IT!!! The game is complete rip off if you ask me. If you've played and enjoyed oblivion, then Fallout 3 will just make you cringe at the lack of content.n_kors

That's great and all, but when I play games I like to have these things called "objectives." I know, that might be a big word for you, but just listen here. Wandering the wasteland just to find abandoned buildings with mutants in them is hardly my idea of having objectives, or having fun for that matter. Everything in the game is pointless besides the main mission. Bethesda did not give us much incentive to continue playing the game after the main quests are finished...OH wait, the game is over after the main quest! I'd wander the plains of oblivion and spend countless hours in dungeons and mines any day over wandering aimlessly throughout the wasteland. Don't assume that I haven't played the game dude.

Then perhaps we can write off our differences as our different approaches to an RPG. I find wandering the better part of a game, and I only do the quests for an experince boost. I find both Tamerial (SP?) and the wasteland equally open to plundering goodies from.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
Fallout 3 is overhyped and overrated. such a crap game.xxThyLordxx
Its a crappy game that won numerous awards and recieved AAAs across the board.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Crappy game, stay away unless you're a hardcore WRPG fan.nintendog66

I disagree.

Fallout 3 is a crappy game that you should stay away from if you're a WRPG fan.

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

I just started playing it. I bought it when it released, but for some reason never got into it until recently. Great game.

Avatar image for Psn_FF7numbaOne
Psn_FF7numbaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Psn_FF7numbaOne
Member since 2009 • 203 Posts
I have not tried dont know whats it about either.