Alien: Isolation 1080p on Xbox One and PS4; Best on PC.

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@chikenfriedrice: He's gonna pull out the steam survey again. He's just mad that the ps4 is tied for second with the xbone for now.

Tied for second? What?!?!? I think you're confused. You do know that PC's aren't part of the console race or war right?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@bldgirsh: how is it tied? It stomps it in just about every head to head.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@bldgirsh: how is it tied? It stomps it in just about every head to head.

Well, yes, technically, but it's like saying Bruce Lee kicks Steven Seagal's ass blindfolded... meanwhile a fucking T-Rex is about to munch on both of them.

Does it really matter at that point?

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Lems always do this, brag about a multiplat being 1080p on X1 before it releases, then after its released and the Digital Foundry comparison is revealed the lems go back to their hole.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

Lems always do this, brag about a multiplat being 1080p on X1 before it releases, then after its released and the Digital Foundry comparison is revealed the lems go back to their hole.

Kind of like how cows claim "teh powah" of the PS4, when in reality the difference in minor?

First off, I am not a lemming. Secondly, I did not say it will be 1080p, the game developer did.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AM-Gamer

@Kinthalis: It matters because you are comparing two pre-built boxes vs a platform that has new hardware come to it every 6 months. And the funny part is every pc gamers takes the most impressive speced pc and compares them to the consoles. When the vast majority of pcs are still weaker then the new consoles.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@StormyJoe: "I am not a lemming", lol. The rest of your post went out the window.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Kinthalis

@AM-Gamer said:

@Kinthalis: It matters because you are comparing two pre-built boxes vs a platform that has new hardware come to it every 6 months. And the funny part is every pc gamers takes the most impressive speced pc and compares them to the consoles. When the vast majority of pcs are still weaker then the new consoles.

The majority of console gamers don't own PS4's OR Xbones.

If I use the same (retarded) logic as you, I wins, right?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#59  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: In all seriousness though, rest assured SONY have the ICE Team on their side for SDK's. No matter what MS do, SONY will counteract it with a new SDK. For a more powerful machine in the first place, with a more efficient design. PS4 is sitting pretty and can't be touched by any other console in existence. FACT

Moo moo. moo.moo.moo.moooooo. Mooo, mooo moo.moo. Mooo, moo.moo.moo.moo.moo.moo.

lmao. @StormyJoe , that shit cracks me up everytime

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AM-Gamer

@Kinthalis: The ones currently buying the games do. As proven by the fact that Multiplats all currently sell far better on PS4 then the PS3. Your average pc gamer however is playing LOL on a pre built peace of Shit from 6 years ago. See the difference Tard?

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kinthalis

@AM-Gamer said:

@Kinthalis: The ones currently buying the games do. As proven by the fact that Multiplats all currently sell far better on PS4 then the PS3. Your average pc gamer however is playing LOL on a pre built peace of Shit from 6 years ago. See the difference Tard?

I would continue to engage you, but you're just too angry, man.

Got mad cow?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Kinthalis: Another witless Herm.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Good news all around. I'm going for PC version on this one. Some day when I have an Oculus I want this game ready to go! @.@

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

I guess @misterpmedia and @-Damien- only post resolution articles when there is a PS4 advantage...

Yeah. And you only post them when there isn't. That's how fanboys work.

Pot, meet Kettle.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And this is what happens when a developer actually tries to make their game it's best on all platforms.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Kinthalis said:

Games won't be made for the PS4 in 2023... but they WILL be made for PC.

You can't beat PC on the backwards compatibility front, so the logic taking you to the PS4 is rather flawed.

Specially since even if we change the date to 2016, sure game siwll run on a PS4, but they will run and look like garbage compared to a mid range PC from 2016.

No they will be made for the PS5,is not like the R270 i have now will be getting games on 2023 either it will be long forgotten just like the 7800GTX is when the PS3 still here,selling and getting new games.

No we can't beat PC when it comes to backward compatibility,but we don't have to is not like my PS3 is broken now i that bough a PS4.

Maybe by then half of steam will be on mid range,because now only like 12% is over mid range the other 88% isn't even over PS4 levels by this holiday the PS4 numbers should surpass those on steam who have a stronger than PS4 hardware,adoption on PC is painfully slow,half of steam still is on dual core with 47% the other 42% has quad core and the % of people with more than 4 cores is not even 8%,i just joined those abode 4 cores and higher than PS4 specs have a R270 with an FX6350.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tormentos

@Kinthalis said:

@AM-Gamer said:

The majority of console gamers don't own PS4's OR Xbones.

If I use the same (retarded) logic as you, I wins, right?

Is not a retarded logic,and consoles have cycles PC doesn't is just one endless cycle,there ware GPU stronger than the PS4 one since 2010 yet like 12 million own a GPU more powerful than the PS4,by this holiday the number of PS4 will outnumber the number of PC gamers with strong GPU,attach rates on PC sucks dude because not even close to the majority go for ultra high spec.

Consoles are a different market you people should admit this already and move on,both co exist side by side and always will.

@FastRobby said:

Bu-bu-bu-but 50% more power, lol indiestation

Tomb Raider is 1080p as well on xbox one,the rest is history both can be at the same resolution sacrifices will be made on xbox one to achieve it,unless the PS4 version is held back.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#70  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

Great. This means that the game will be extra dumbed down to run 1080p on the XboxOne.

Dev says they're identical...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/alien-isolation-s-graphics-have-no-noticeable-change-on-ps4-xbox-one/1100-6420749/

Why can't sony fans just enjoy their console and the games? Why does everything have to be a competition. Even if it had better graphics and it was true, gamers on both sides have the same core gameplay experience. Everyone wins, except for the bitter fanboys.

Yeah, with the pathetically weak xbox one as the base development system. Now we get another shitty game that will probably look like a 360 title.

If that helps you sleep at night man, but the X1 and the PS4 are almost identical. Mid range GPU, 8 core CPU, 8gb RAM. You're welcome to think that your console is some almighty super computer, but both the X1 and PS4 will be essentially pretty even in the long run. We've seen X1 games go from 720p to 900p and now they are matching the PS4 at 1080p. If you don't see that very real trend I don't know what to say.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: In all seriousness though, rest assured SONY have the ICE Team on their side for SDK's. No matter what MS do, SONY will counteract it with a new SDK. For a more powerful machine in the first place, with a more efficient design. PS4 is sitting pretty and can't be touched by any other console in existence. FACT

Moo moo. moo.moo.moo.moooooo. Mooo, mooo moo.moo. Mooo, moo.moo.moo.moo.moo.moo.

StormyJoe has finally lost his mind.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

buh buh buh only PS4 haz the 1080ps no?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Bu-bu-bu-but 50% more power, lol indiestation

SlowRobby gloating over another cross-gen game. Embarrassing.

Bu bu bu but da SDKs, lol Shitbox Done.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Telekill said:

Great to see devs able to give X1 owners the same treatment.

And TC.... "best on PC" is relative. A powerhouse PC, sure. My PC couldn't even run it. Hence one of the reasons I stick with PlayStation. At least I know every game made for my PS4 regardless on if made in 2013 or 2023 will work on the system.

Which is what people seem to always miss without fail. 90% of PC's will run the game worse than the PS4. So there you go.

Quit pulling bullshit numbers out of your @ss. Any PC with an HD 7950 or GTX 670 or better will definitely be getting a better-looking, better-performing version than the PS4, and there are many millions of those.

Moreover, I don't know why some of you console fanboys think this matters. It doesn't change the fact that the best version that is available is the PC version. Why do I care what graphics anybody else is getting?

Besides, the PC has backwards compatibility. Even the PC gamers that have to currently run the game at settings below the PS4 version will upgrade soon enough and be able to run the game at its best.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

What about the wii u version?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@kalipekona: PC has a different kind of backwards compatibility than consoles. Where consoles have always had to deal with both hardware and software issues as well as cartridge size sometimes long ago, the PC only has the software issue.

To run a game on PC from 2005 requires a work around with the software. For instance, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine won't run on a PC running a Windows OS beyond either 98 or 00. So if you have XP or up, you have to trick the system into thinking you're still running Windows 98 by partitioning a portion of your HDD to run with or like Win 98 or some other form of emulation. You really have to know what you're doing so many people who game on PC won't have backwards compatibility.

Look, I don't care if you hate consoles, it's where I enjoy playing because for me, it's less hassle and I enjoy the exclusives. You obviously prefer PC gaming for your own reasons. You can't change my mind on my preference with your argument; especially with disrespect, so you enjoy the platform you play on. I'll enjoy the platform I play on... and guess what? We both get to enjoy the games.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Kinthalis said:

Games won't be made for the PS4 in 2023... but they WILL be made for PC.

You can't beat PC on the backwards compatibility front, so the logic taking you to the PS4 is rather flawed.

Specially since even if we change the date to 2016, sure game siwll run on a PS4, but they will run and look like garbage compared to a mid range PC from 2016.

No they will be made for the PS5,is not like the R270 i have now will be getting games on 2023 either it will be long forgotten just like the 7800GTX is when the PS3 still here,selling and getting new games.

No we can't beat PC when it comes to backward compatibility,but we don't have to is not like my PS3 is broken now i that bough a PS4.

Maybe by then half of steam will be on mid range,because now only like 12% is over mid range the other 88% isn't even over PS4 levels by this holiday the PS4 numbers should surpass those on steam who have a stronger than PS4 hardware,adoption on PC is painfully slow,half of steam still is on dual core with 47% the other 42% has quad core and the % of people with more than 4 cores is not even 8%,i just joined those abode 4 cores and higher than PS4 specs have a R270 with an FX6350.

Steam does not give accurate results on what hardware most PC gamers use.

Also it's not just backwards compatibility which makes PC gaming awesome.

When I upgrade my hardware I can go back to an old game and play it at higher settings and frame rate.

Sure you can go back to your PS3 and play games on it but they will always run the same and never look better.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Telekill said:

@kalipekona: PC has a different kind of backwards compatibility than consoles. Where consoles have always had to deal with both hardware and software issues as well as cartridge size sometimes long ago, the PC only has the software issue.

To run a game on PC from 2005 requires a work around with the software. For instance, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine won't run on a PC running a Windows OS beyond either 98 or 00. So if you have XP or up, you have to trick the system into thinking you're still running Windows 98 by partitioning a portion of your HDD to run with or like Win 98 or some other form of emulation. You really have to know what you're doing so many people who game on PC won't have backwards compatibility.

Look, I don't care if you hate consoles, it's where I enjoy playing because for me, it's less hassle and I enjoy the exclusives. You obviously prefer PC gaming for your own reasons. You can't change my mind on my preference with your argument; especially with disrespect, so you enjoy the platform you play on. I'll enjoy the platform I play on... and guess what? We both get to enjoy the games.

3 seconds of google search gave me this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/89714-indiana-jones-and-the-infernal-machine/63438350

And having these issues is rare even for old games but if there is an issue it is usually easy to fix.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By blackace

@Heil68 said:

So I think with framerate it's pretty comparable.

We'll see :D

Yup.. Looks like parity came early. Get used to it.

http://www.actiontrip.com/news/developer-says-ps4-and-xbox-one-versions-of-alien-isolation-are-identical/062614_8

Keep the Cow's butthurt damage control coming. lol!!

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

it better be 1080p it's an all indoor hallway game

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

scottfpsfan started out as a total noob but has since quickly become one of the most vocal cows, I bet he wants to compensate for his micro penis

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By blackace

@StormyJoe said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Kind of like how cows claim "teh powah" of the PS4, when in reality the difference in minor?

First off, I am not a lemming. Secondly, I did not say it will be 1080p, the game developer did.

It's funny how Cows keep pointing fingers at LEMS when it's the developers who are actually delivering the news. Even when DF says the XB1 is compariable or slightly better, cows cry about lems not accepting the XB1 is weaker. lmao!! Meantime the gap continues to close. Why haven't weve seen anymore 720P games on the XB1? LOL!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-outlast-face-off

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#88  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Lol. Shh. I don't really care about how much better PC games perform over consoles as of now. Needs to be a massive difference before I upgrade. For instance, I had a dual core athlon at 2.6GHZ with 2GB of RAM and a 8600GT and I was finding my consoles better for games even though that PC is quite a bit more powerful. It wasn't until 2011 I upgraded to a GTX 560 ti and I finally had a massive jump in PC graphics. I later got a 680 as I was obsessed in having even more graphics. At this point, I started to leave my consoles in the dust and gaming on PC in max settings. Now though, A few extra settings to tweak doesn't justify an upgrade. A 680 can out perform a PS4 all day for multiplat games, but I will still buy the PS4 version as it's a more enjoyable place to play imo. That's just me. I will upgrade to Maxwell in a year or 2 to make a big jump over consoles for a reasonable price. But even then, I'm more excited for the PS4 exclusives incoming.

Take it or leave it son.

The ps3 gpu is equivalent in power to the geforce 7800 gtx which is about as powerful as the 8600gt.
The rsx in ps3 has a higher core frequency than the 7800 gtx but is gimped in some way, if I remember correctly, but they are said to be comparable in power. Also the cell helped to aid the rsx, even in some later multiplatform games like BF3.
So I don't think that your pc you had back then was "quit a bit more powerful" than the ps3. It was about equal in gpu power, as for that dual core athlon at 2.6ghz vs cell, who knows, perhaps someone here with some insight can answer that. Cell isn't directly comparable to a traditional cpus.
But when comparing the best looking ps3 games to the best looking games such a pc can run, I would bet on the ps3. Compared a more powerful pc like a core2 duo at 3 ghz coupled with an 8800gt and the ps3 has no chance at all.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

http://www.actiontrip.com/news/developer-says-ps4-and-xbox-one-versions-of-alien-isolation-are-identical/062614_8

Oh I'm sure the die hard cows will examine each and every game for the rest of the gen and report any discrepancies in the most professional manner possible, even if it's less than 5 FPS :D But you and I know that's just silly talk.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

I would really wait for the Digital Foundry comparisons before comparing versions.

Same here. These devs will say anything to sell their games.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#91 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

"Obviously there are a lot more options to tweak and scale up on the PC.""

Thats what we want pc has better hardware why not have extra graphics?

@Telekill: If the game is 1080p on xbone, then a gaming pc can run it just fine, pc gaming doesnt demand riddicusly expensive pcs, a good old pc will run it just fine, a nongaming pc like a laptop though, yeah it wont, but seriously a 500$ budget pc destroys xbox and rivals ps4 in most games. The 750 ti is a 149$ gpu and runs bf4 and watchdogs better than ps4.

@scottpsfan14
like i said, NON gaming pcs like crappy laptops propably will run this worse than ps4, but gaming pcs even 500$ or 450$ pcs will runs this just as well as ps4, if both versions are 1080p both xbox one and ps4, then this game will run fine on pc. Again the 750 ti is 149$ and runs bf4 better than ps4, pc gaming is not uber expensive as you seem to think.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

unless it's held back, lololol

And using a multiplatform game that was on 6 platform with a last-gen engine as an example, released before the Xbox One optimizations of the March and June sdk. Keep trying, cow

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1127?vs=1079

No matter what this is the reality you most face,period there is a gap in hardware that can't be close by software.

Dude the 6 year old engine is exactly as taxing on PS4 as it is on xbox one,so if anything the xbox one should be running it fine,from where do you pull this silly notion that old engines performance well on PS4 but some how bad on xbox one.?

Do you know that engine has a version of tressFX running on both platforms.? it has demanding effects running and the PS4 ran it better.

Look at the game running on PC is the same the 7770 trails the 7870 by 20FPS,the xbox one trails for as much as 30.

There is no SDK that will bring parity,the only SDK MS can use to magically achieve parity is this $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

@RyviusARC said:

Steam does not give accurate results on what hardware most PC gamers use.

Also it's not just backwards compatibility which makes PC gaming awesome.

When I upgrade my hardware I can go back to an old game and play it at higher settings and frame rate.

Sure you can go back to your PS3 and play games on it but they will always run the same and never look better.

Yes it does stop your damage control,and it show reality most memory in GPU on PC is 1GB which mean it is spot on on its survey most people have weak hardware,not every one buys a PC and want to change it spec wise 2 or 3 years latter not every one is like this period and is proven.

Yes i know is not backward compatibility alone mods are great so is the free online play,i have no problem admitting that.

Yes still would be an old game and while you will get some boost,is not like the game will be totally re made,those games have certain assets which stay the same even if you move to more powerful hardware,unless you do a mod like Crysis or Skyrim which make the game look better.

And.? But they still run which is more than what we can say about 2005 hardware and games like Crysis 3.

@kalipekona said:

Quit pulling bullshit numbers out of your @ss. Any PC with an HD 7950 or GTX 670 or better will definitely be getting a better-looking, better-performing version than the PS4, and there are many millions of those.

Moreover, I don't know why some of you console fanboys think this matters. It doesn't change the fact that the best version that is available is the PC version. Why do I care what graphics anybody else is getting?

Besides, the PC has backwards compatibility. Even the PC gamers that have to currently run the game at settings below the PS4 version will upgrade soon enough and be able to run the game at its best.

Come on like 12 million people on PC own something more powerful than the PS4,the rest is under PS4 levels this is a fact look at the most played game on steam Dota 2 tell me that requires a damn 7950.? It runs on a Pentium 4 3.0 ghz and a X800....

And Dota 2 has like 6 times more gamers than the 2nd most played game on steam Counter Strike which also requires a Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 and run on GPU with 256MB of ram with shader 3 models,thats an X1900 or something similar.

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

Thats not parity dude since launch several games ran the same like NFS 1080p 30FPS locked i guess that mean parity was achieve since launch..hurray.....

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#93 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Console users now have an option to watch Alien: Isolation @60fps 1080p/1440p

By watching youtube! PC master race are generous.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#94  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Good news for everybody. 1080p60 is awesome :)

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Cool. Hope that's true. Getting weary of fanboy pissing contests. I'm eager to see how this one turns out.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@blackace said:

@bldgirsh said:

@chikenfriedrice: He's gonna pull out the steam survey again. He's just mad that the ps4 is tied for second with the xbone for now.

Tied for second? What?!?!? I think you're confused. You do know that PC's aren't part of the console race or war right?

The forum is called SystemWars and PC is included.