Alien: Isolation 1080p on Xbox One and PS4; Best on PC.

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Jankarcop said:

@blackace said:

@bldgirsh said:

@chikenfriedrice: He's gonna pull out the steam survey again. He's just mad that the ps4 is tied for second with the xbone for now.

Tied for second? What?!?!? I think you're confused. You do know that PC's aren't part of the console race or war right?

The forum is called SystemWars and PC is included.

Yeah, but PC is not in the same business model as consoles. It isn't directly competing. The console makers don't consider it competition. That's why SONY say PS4 will offer the best graphics, because they don't consider PC competition. Not saying PC isn't the most powerful and open platform, but it never has competed directly with consoles at a business level. Only on fanboy level.

Just like claims that PS4 will offer the best graphics - only operate on a fanboy level.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: On console, yes. What's so hard to understand?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44048 Posts

My goodness the insecure cows are off their rocker lol, good, good let it.... :P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@StormyJoe: "I am not a lemming", lol. The rest of your post went out the window.

Because I defend the cow bullshit against the XB1, I am a lemming? Really? Do I bash the PS4?

I think you need to go look up the definition of "fanboy"

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By StormyJoe

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Moo moo. moo.moo.moo.moooooo. Mooo, mooo moo.moo. Mooo, moo.moo.moo.moo.moo.moo.

Did I strike a nerve there Joseph? This is teh facts my son. Quite a shame you will purposely miss out on the best place to play this generation. The SONY PS4. Just because your dudebros have an Xbox and play CoD all day, you think the Bone is your only option. Here, listen, the ONE is getting some corker games Joe, so much so that I'll be picking one up next year along with Halo MCC and Halo 5, and maybe Sunset Overdrive. But the real GOTY exclusives this generation will be seen only @Playstation. *Sigh*, How I wish Bungie was developing Halo 5 instead thou. Halo 4 was awful in comparison to 3. But that would only be in a perfect world I suppose :( Meanwhile, Uncharted 4 is being developed by the creators of UC2 (widely regarded as the best one). Ouch ey? This is on top of the fact the PS4's slimline arc, more power, GPGPU, and Unified design. All in one package. C'mon how does the ONE expect to even begin to compete? Bless MS. I'm scared for them. Really!! But don't worry! Gears 4 right?

Pay attention, @PinkieWinkie - that (scott) is a fanboy.

Lets review, Scott. First, I never said I wasn't going to get a PS4. In fact, I have said many times that I will probably pick one up this Christmas. Secondly, outside of The Last Of Us, Sony exclusives are uninspiring to me; sorry if that bursts your milk bubble. Thirdly, the XB1 has it's own tiling, so your "unified design" (if you even know what that means), is a moot comment.

So, here we go. Another milk squirter who claims some absolute dominance for the PS4, when it really only has marginally better specs.

In answer to your question: No, you did not strike a nerve. It's just that all I see in both of your posts is "Moo moo moo.I-worship-Sony! Moo.moo moooooo ,Sony is my God! Moo moo moo moo The-PS4-is-10-trillion-times-more-powerful-than-XBox-One! Moo.moo Uncharted. Mooo, moo.moo.moo.moo.moo.moo."

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Asked whether there were any challenges when using the Xbox One eSRAM, he stated; "“We haven’t really had any version specific issues because we’ve developed the game as a central version first. I think mostly what we care about is the gameplay feeling right, that’s not costing anything depending on what platform. We are also making it for PS3 and Xbox 360, so we have to make sure that the previous-gen is still supported and it’s still the same essential core game there.”

It's 1080p 30fps on both platforms because it's a cross gen game so they didn't need to use the ESRAM. What a surprise! Lemmings, please quieten down.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@Telekill: no fear from 2005 will run fine same goes for older games like doom 3 or far cry from 2004, even unreal tournament from 1999 runs fine or deus ex, runing some 97 games like jedi knight require some tweaking but there are people who have made exes that take care everything for you, everything older from 95 has dosbox or doom engines that run the game with better graphics like skulltag, zdoom vavoom or eduke for duke nukem, ps duke nukem with mods looks amazing.

I play old games all the time, recently i was playing chaser and some old game called vivisector, having an issue on pc that needs tweaking to make an old game run is rare.

@tormentos:
i doubt there will be a ps5, first sonys finacials and second we didnt expect the industry to turn into the mess it is now back when this gen started nor pc to make more money than consoles i dont think there will be another gen of consoles. Current consoles are just mid range pcs at best. Not actual consoles because developing their own chips and architecture costs too much. Finally titanfall can run on a 2005 pc, just saying.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Looks like consolites fighting for 2nd place yet again! Love this gen.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 StormyJoe

@dakan45 said:

@Telekill: no fear from 2005 will run fine same goes for older games like doom 3 or far cry from 2004, even unreal tournament from 1999 runs fine or deus ex, runing some 97 games like jedi knight require some tweaking but there are people who have made exes that take care everything for you, everything older from 95 has dosbox or doom engines that run the game with better graphics like skulltag, zdoom vavoom or eduke for duke nukem, ps duke nukem with mods looks amazing.

I play old games all the time, recently i was playing chaser and some old game called vivisector, having an issue on pc that needs tweaking to make an old game run is rare.

@tormentos:

i doubt there will be a ps5, first sonys finacials and second we didnt expect the industry to turn into the mess it is now back when this gen started nor pc to make more money than consoles i dont think there will be another gen of consoles. Current consoles are just mid range pcs at best. Not actual consoles because developing their own chips and architecture costs too much. Finally titanfall can run on a 2005 pc, just saying.

I think there will be a PS5. But, I think it will be more of a SaaS device than a traditional console; and PCs will just have an install of that SaaS app.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#114 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Considering how crappy the Aliens franchise has been the past decade, I'd rather them focus on making an actually good game than them having a pissing contest on which port will have better fps and resolution.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FastRobby said:

I didn't read the rest, because wow what a dumb comment... PS4 is just a PC, of the shelf parts, that's why it runs old engines better... old engines don't work properly with real next gen consoles. Call me when you have a good looking game without having to cut back on stuff, like people in the world for infamous, or smog in the order

The xbox one is made of PC part what the fu** are you smocking.?

Is a PC GCN GPU a PC CPU,a PC HDD,a PC ddr3 memory,a PC Blu-ray drive,is a damn PC the only thing there that isn't in most common PC is ESRAM which is basically a damn bandwidth fix for the xbox one,not a magic flop enhancer.

If you are going to say that the xbox one has different hardware from PC based on ESRAM,then i can play that game to,while the PS4 has GDDR5 which is also on PC what PC uses GDDR5 for system ram.? Because that i know is DDR3 not GDDR5 so both consoles stir away a little from your conventional ram set up not only the xbox one,the xbox one just happen to have the more cumbersome memory setup,from there to old engines gimping the xbox one it is a joke.

You should not talk about cutting back stuff...hahahahaa

And to think that sh** game doesn't even have weather or day to night lighting...lol

The xbox one is just as much PC parts as the PS4 is only a blind fanboy will deny that..lol

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Looks like consolites fighting for 2nd place yet again! Love this gen.

PC isn't even in the competition so they must be fighting to be recognized. If PS4 and XB1 could be upgraded like a PC, then maybe. PC is against Steam, Macs and Linux systems as all those systems can be upgraded or modified.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

I didn't read the rest, because wow what a dumb comment... PS4 is just a PC, of the shelf parts, that's why it runs old engines better... old engines don't work properly with real next gen consoles. Call me when you have a good looking game without having to cut back on stuff, like people in the world for infamous, or smog in the order

Is a PC GCN GPU a PC CPU,a PC HDD,a PC ddr3 memory,a PC Blu-ray drive,is a damn PC the only thing there that isn't in most common PC is ESRAM which is basically a damn bandwidth fix for the xbox one,not a magic flop enhancer.

If you are going to say that the xbox one has different hardware from PC based on ESRAM,then i can play that game to,while the PS4 has GDDR5 which is also on PC what PC uses GDDR5 for system ram.? Because that i know is DDR3 not GDDR5 so both consoles stir away a little from your conventional ram set up not only the xbox one,the xbox one just happen to have the more cumbersome memory setup,from there to old engines gimping the xbox one it is a joke.

And to think that sh** game doesn't even have weather or day to night lighting...lol

The xbox one is just as much PC parts as the PS4 is only a blind fanboy will deny that..lol

You clearly don't know anything about PC-architecture then, and also FH2 > DC

u clearly dont know pc arc if u say the ps4 is off the shelf and dont say the same for the xbone

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 StormyJoe

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

You clearly don't know anything about PC-architecture then, and also FH2 > DC

I cannot believe I am agreeing with @tormentos, but he is right - all consoles are specialized PCs.

I need to go shower now.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

I cannot believe I am agreeing with @tormentos, but he is right - all consoles are specialized PCs.

I need to go shower now.

Hahaha it happen from time to time we can't really disagree in everything.. :-)

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

That's impossible. An alien game can't be "good"

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

I guess @misterpmedia and @-Damien- only post resolution articles when there is a PS4 advantage...

Of course, otherwise what's the point? This is system wars you idiot lol. Also inb4 lock.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

That's impossible. An alien game can't be "good"

first AVP was excellent.