Alan wake 2 is all but confirmed - To be publish by Epic.

• 58 results
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#51 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I think the game will be much more imaginative and unconventional this time. Looking forward to it.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1485 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Alan Wake wasn't that good.

There.

Someone finally said it.

I liked it, the gameplay although repetitive and lacking in enemy variety was very satisfying. The plot also felt pretty unique but it did have quite a few flaws, Sam Lake seems to do really well in terms of world building and characters but fails to make an actual cohesive narrative most of the time.

I can see why people don't like it though.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

It makes me very sad to see one my franchise from the 360 era being played on a Sony platform :(.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44689 Posts

If they are taking money for exusivity then my guess is Sony will also be paying for some arrangement of exclusivity, given their history with Control (paying for PS4 DLC timed exclusivity, getting game on PS Plus). There too we also saw Epic pay to keep it off Steam for a year.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

If they are taking money for exusivity then my guess is Sony will also be paying for some arrangement of exclusivity, given their history with Control (paying for PS4 DLC timed exclusivity, getting game on PS Plus). There too we also saw Epic pay to keep it off Steam for a year.

I guess they are not paying to keep it away from Steam. They are funding the development directly and in this particular case I have no problem with it being exclusive to EGS. Pretty sure it will be a permanent exclusive on EGS.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44689 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

I guess they are not paying to keep it away from Steam. They are funding the development directly and in this particular case I have no problem with it being exclusive to EGS. Pretty sure it will be a permanent exclusive on EGS.

Ugh, I said I would never buy another Remedy/505 game after that Control Ultimate Edition bullshit. Guess I won't have to worry about being tempted on console side then either. And since I refuse to set up an EGS account, they can have it.

I really don't see why the game would need funding, can only imagine Epic made it more than worth it financially.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Ugh, I said I would never buy another Remedy/505 game after that Control Ultimate Edition bullshit. Guess I won't have to worry about being tempted on console side then either. And since I refuse to set up an EGS account, they can have it.

I really don't see why the game would need funding, can only imagine Epic made it more than worth it financially.

Every game needs funding whether by a publisher or crowd sourcing or some 'X' angel investor. Epic is most probably the publisher in this case because they announced a while back on how they are entering into a publishing agreement with 3 studios.

I hate Epic as much as a next person and that two faced lying son of a b**ch Sweeney however this is par the course. They are funding the game so they can chose to do whatever they want with it like EA, Ubisoft or Blizzard.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

never used steam nor epic nor ea origin,ubi etc launchers.

use WINDOWS STORE forever (low memory required,low latency.etc)