After watching MGSV: Phantom Pain at E3

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Every other developer should just give up now.

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain just blew everything else on E3 off the water. Wiped the floor with them.

Phantom Pain will rack up every 10/10, GOTY, GOTD, GOTC, GOTM and GOAT award there is.

Inb4: GS gives it 11/10.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

That trailer was awesome. The song just made it super epic. I've had the song on repeat for days now.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mozelleple112

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Still no David Hayter.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Still no David Hayter.

The new voice actor is so much better than David Hayter. His delivery is so much more natural.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

It better live up to the hype. I've been losing interest in the series.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#8  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Is it just me or does the OP read like a Mastershake thread?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mozelleple112

@underdog123x said:

Metal Gear Solid is a series made for stupid people, and the Phantom Pain will be 10 hours of a terribly written, terribly paced, C rated plot along with 2 hours of gameplay.

NTY, 8/10 if Gamespot is feeling generous

You sound cross. Anything less than 10/10 will be an incorrect score for the Phantom Pain. Plot will be something worthy of a Mario Puzo novel.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mozelleple112

@underdog123x said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

You sound cross. Anything less than 10/10 will be an incorrect score for the Phantom Pain. Plot will be something worthy of a Mario Puzo novel.

Sorry that you have sh*t taste in games and narrative. Have fun digging through sh*t...literally

I am a high class video game connoisseur thank you very much. Now go back to your Halo/CoD/Gears/3DMario trash while I'll enjoy classic masterpieces that can only be compared to artifacts like the Venus De Milo, Mona lisa etc.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

even though i didnt know what the hell was going on in that trailer, it was still awesome.. and Hideo Kojima knows how to pick out music.. that trailer song just went perfect with it.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mozelleple112

@GreySeal9 said:

Is it just me or does the OP read like a Mastershake thread?

I'm insulted. If anything, Mastershake's threads read like a Mozelle thread.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@underdog123x said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

Sorry that you have sh*t taste in games and narrative. Have fun digging through sh*t...literally

You have a bad attitude and a distasteful personality. You are just being arrogant and rude. If you want to talk out of you ass and criticize a game that you have not even played that is one thing, but telling someone else that they have a horrible taste in games just because you have already decided that you d not like it is just plain stupid. Also, the fact that you said that the game is made for stupid people goes to show that you have no respect. You pathetic fool.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mozelleple112

@cooolio said:

@underdog123x said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

You have a bad attitude and a distasteful personality. You are just being arrogant and rude. If you want to talk out of you ass and criticize a game that you have not even played that is one thing, but telling someone else that they have a horrible taste in games just because you have already decided that you d not like it is just plain stupid. Also, the fact that you said that the game is made for stupid people goes to show that you have no respect. You pathetic fool.

Well said, couldn't have formulated myself any better. He appears to have personality/behavioural disorders.

Haters gonna hate though.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cooolio

@Mozelleple112 said:

@underdog123x said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

I am a high class video game connoisseur thank you very much. Now go back to your Halo/CoD/Gears/3DMario trash while I'll enjoy classic masterpieces that can only be compared to artifacts like the Venus De Milo, Mona lisa etc.

Ok TC, you are heading toward the same path he is. We should not use any of those games to suggest that someone plays trash games. There are a ton of people who love those franchises. Hell, as much as I despise COD games, they are popular and have a huge fanbase. Do I at times feel like a game has gotten too much praise or that some some do not do enough to be deserving of said praise, yes I do, but I never categorized certain franchises or games as bad ones that are bad tastes.

To be honest, I like Gears and Halo and am interested in playing more Mario games, so you kind of hurt my feelings :.(.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mozelleple112

@underdog123x said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

lol the funny thing is the average Halo, COD, Gears and Mario Player is probably more intelligent than the entire MGS fanbase.

Shame you have no proof of that ridiculous statement, and I personally have a MENSA-granted IQ of 133 which is higher than 98.6% of the population so I couldn't really care less how intelligent or unintelligent other Metal Gear fans, Mario fans or Halo fans are.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#22 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

IQ wars, lmao

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cooolio

@underdog123x: You fool. I said game, GAME. Have you played The Phantom Pain, no. Also, yes, I know for a fact that you know more than I do because I have only played maybe four of the games in the franchise. However, no amount of experience with the franchise changes the fact that you said that the game is for stupid people and that you are criticizing it without having even played it. Now learn to read so you do not look like an idiot who argues against crap that is not even mentioned.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@underdog123x said:

Further proof that Metal Gear Solid fans are less intelligent than other fanbases, they were suckered into buying a $40 demo.

This game will get an 7-8 out of 10. It no longer has the hooplah that Metal Gear Solid 4 had when it came out being the PS3's first big title.

Try to stay away from the internet when the game gets launched.

I fear for your health. You'll lose your mind when the game goes on to sell millions & get 9/10 everywhere.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cooolio

@underdog123x: I am too. You kind of hurt my feelings because I am going to get The Phantom Pain...... the pain in my heart.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45309 Posts

Although I'm still getting over the fact that Kojima said MGS 4 would be his last, this is indeed looking amazing.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cooolio

@underdog123x said:

@cooolio said:

@underdog123x: I am too. You kind of hurt my feelings because I am going to get The Phantom Pain...... the pain in my heart.

If you just enjoy Metal Gear Solid for what it is. Despite Hideo Kojima being the video game equaivalent of M Night Shaymalan, has made his games entertaining and fun to play, then I'll have no beef with you.

If come back here and try to convince everyone that it's a compelling piece of narrative and art like Mozzlepie is doing, then I'll probably have to kick you in the groin.

Oh, yeah. In my opinion, I feel like I should find something really compelling about the narrative in a story, even if it is the supposedly final game in a franchise, but I did not find that in MGS4. I can respect the themes in a story, but that does not make it well paced and good, at least in my opinion. However, I do not fee like I am qualified to have an opinion simply because i have only played like 3 games.

Now I will say this, at least in terms of storytelling in cutscenes, it seems like Mgs V will be very serious. Also, I did not like David Hayter's voice acting.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Every other developer should just give up now.

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain just blew everything else on E3 off the water. Wiped the floor with them.

Phantom Pain will rack up every 10/10, GOTY, GOTD, GOTC, GOTM and GOAT award there is.

Inb4: GS gives it 11/10.

I love how Kojima added the Brain Shard into the gameplay element.

DUMBEST shit I have ever seen. Nothing like giving the main character's head a plot shard hole....

Must protect from the shard thrusting palm move of death!

Hey DUDE Careful! Watch t3h shard!!!

Don't bump m3h shard. Ktx!!!

Must not bump shard head into windshield!!

Hey guys do you see something sticking out of m3h Brain?

I swear guys! The SHARD is stable!!! FUSED with titanium to the skull!

Kojima always adds something so stupid to all his games. "Roller Blading Boss battle anyone?"

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#33 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

MGS story is full of silly moments . MGS 3 was best in the series . From what I've seen so far didn't satisfy me . Same old stiff gameplay animations , lengthy boring , over dramatic cutscenes and slutty women characters everywhere . Last scene in Ground Zeroes was supposed to be emotional but instead , it was funny ; her body was torn apart and she walks in helicopter after few seconds just fine like nothing happened . As I said , over dramatic and full of silly moments .

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Despite the lack of hayter it looks like the metal gear game I've always wanted and from interviews seems like the game Kojima has always wanted to make but couldn't due to hardware limitations.

I mean you can Fulton a container and ride it back to your base if the weather isn't too crazy, that's just mind blowing.

I'm going to fulton everything and give my soldiers a petting zoo. Research cardboard boxes and bro it up with Ocelot.

Can't wait.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Looks good for sure but I am not sure about goty considering it's competing against games like Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight Zelda...etc.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

#TeamMGS5

After Ground Zeroes that's the game I'm most hyped for in 2015. I think the gameplay in MGS5 is Kojima proof. There is no way he handles the story of this game with any grace, but **** that shit. The gameplay is shaping up to be brilliant.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Its really the only game I actually care about thats coming out.

@happyduds77 said:

Looks good for sure but I am not sure about goty considering it's competing against games like Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight Zelda...etc.

Please...MGS5 looks better then all of those games. We really don't know anything about Uncharted 4 at this point.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

MGS story is full of silly moments . MGS 3 was best in the series . From what I've seen so far didn't satisfy me . Same old stiff gameplay animations , lengthy boring , over dramatic cutscenes and slutty women characters everywhere . Last scene in Ground Zeroes was supposed to be emotional but instead , it was funny ; her body was torn apart and she walks in helicopter after few seconds just fine like nothing happened . As I said , over dramatic and full of silly moments .

McShea is that you?

You seriously want to talk about Slutty female characters yet the Witcher series gets a free pass when Geralt can **** just about anyone with minimum effort? Lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50610 Posts

Was an awesome trailer, but way, way too long.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Chutebox said:

How are long trailers bad? Wouldn't you want to know as much as possible about a game before it releases?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50610 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Chutebox said:

How are long trailers bad? Wouldn't you want to know as much as possible about a game before it releases?

All of it, or most, was cutscenes though. Gives way too much of the game away. Loved the song though.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

McShea is that you?

You seriously want to talk about Slutty female characters yet the Witcher series gets a free pass when Geralt can **** just about anyone with minimum effort? Lol.

There is difference between cheap sex (Whores) and strong main characters (like Philipa , Saskia , Triss , Sabrina etc) . No one runs around the battlefield while wearing only bra or a cheap dress (like Quite , Eva , Naomi Hunter etc)

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

Its really the only game I actually care about thats coming out.

@happyduds77 said:

Please...MGS5 looks better then all of those games. We really don't know anything about Uncharted 4 at this point.

That would be very delusional of you to think that.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Yep, it's gonna be the shit. We already know that the core gameplay is awesome based off of Ground Zeroes. And that it will be even better in TPP because they actually took in fan feedback and the most important fixes have been made.

And lol, still seeing these MGS has no gameplay comments. Same old shit, citing speed runs as if they're exclusive to MGS and not taking into account how many times the speed runner beat the game to get that time.

This game is going to be an expansion on Peace Walkers layout. For those who don't know, just playing the main missions and nothing else can net you anywhere from 15-30 hours of gameplay. Going for completion, you're looking more at 60-80 hours. And that's a handheld MGS.

This game is taking that same format, expanding it significantly and throwing it into an open world. It's pretty reasonable to assume that we're looking at a 30 hour minimum game with 100 hours of play if you're trying to max out the base and complete every mission with a good rank. And that's just a one off play, not even taking into account the insane replayability. I'm sure there will be a post game similar to Peace Walker, but this time we'll be building Outer Heaven.

Anyways, being the fanatic that I am, I've pretty much read every existing article and watched every existing video that has to do with this game. I'm pathetic like that.

That said, THIS is the best write up you will find on the E3 gameplay presentation. Oddly enough, it seems like this guy was the only MGS fan that actually got in, every other write up is either short on info, or tells us things we already knew.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@Mozelleple112: Dude, the trailer was epic.

IM NUCLEAR!!!!

So freaking good.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Although I'm still getting over the fact that Kojima said MGS 4 would be his last, this is indeed looking amazing.

He's been saying this for every MGS game since MGS2. He even just recently said it again for MGS5 and I'm sure one day he'll say the same thing about MGS6.

Hell, he even said he was done with the IP after the first Metal Gear in 1987 lol.

You would think that at this point he'd just quit saying it, it's become such a running joke.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I've been excited for TPP since Ground Zeroes, seriously that was such a tease -.-

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44622 Posts

It appears now would be an excellent time to invest in Kool Aid.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Looking forward to great gameplay. Also looking forward to Kojima making more of a laughingstock out of himself when it has anything to do with writing, directing, or editing. It's going to be really enjoyable seeing him attempt to wrap up all the asinine narrative garbage that's blogging the series down with since the second game. The sad thing is, many think this guy's a good writer. Great even. He's quite possibly the worst on planet Earth.