robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7284 Posts

For me it's a 1080p machine it rarely hits 1440p like ms stated. If your happy with 1080 60 it's a worthwhile purchase. I would personally recommend waiting for the series X for a proper upgrade.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

For me it's a 1080p machine it rarely hits 1440p like ms stated. If your happy with 1080 60 it's a worthwhile purchase. I would personally recommend waiting for the series X for a proper upgrade.

Resolution Spreadsheet

I wouldn’t even call it a 1080p machine. Its average is much closer to 900p, with many titles being 720p. Or lower in some cases

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4388 Posts

what funny is i seen xbox console being sold everywhere in my state... ps??? less then 5 hit some stores.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16591 Posts

@ermacness said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

ps5 doesn't have more "block buster titles". Its a straight up lieing through your TEETH. Most of those blockbusters are from 3 or 4 years ago, before the ps5 even launched. They are PS4 games. What are the real ps5 block buster games?? Horizon Forgotten WORST, Gran TURMILKING 7, demon souls (REMASTER), 1080p CRATCHET and CRANK, returnal...and miles morales (EXPANSION PACK). So around 6 games.

Compare that to the xbox: Halo Infinite (first open world halo game in history), forza horizon 5, MSFS20, psychonauts 2, Ori, Sea of Thieves. Thats also 6 games on xbox. I didn't include any last gen games like gears of war, or MCC because i'm fair.

Anyways, i'm glad you're enjoying the series S. Its a fantastic console if you're into playing games and graphics isn't the highest priority.

WTH??!!!

Someone needs to do a little research before sticking one’s foot in one’s mouth.

ok whatever, but MSFS20 is a next gen game through and through. It was released on August 18th for PC only, 3 months before xbox series launched. Then it was released for xbox in summer 2021, only for the series X and S, not the xbox one consoles. Recently they updated it so that xbox one could play the game through the cloud. Its not even possible to play the game natively on last gen consoles.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 templecow90999  Online
Member since 2021 • 918 Posts

Xbox makes the most sense since all the big Sony games are coming to PS4 and PS5 for the foreseeable future- that is if you currently have a PS4. Enjoy gamepass and catch up on some of the Xbox games you might have missed out on over the years, as well as plenty of great indies and a few big 3rd party games.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

"Its what you wished last gen was" Yep, would have been a great console last gen. I only game at 1080p still so this console would be fine for me right now. But I think I'd rather drop an extra $100 and get the PS5 for the 10 teraflops vs 4 difference and extra storage. $199 would be a sweet price point for this console though.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2962 Posts

@hardwenzen: A waste of space? Hmmmm, at least the Series S doesn't take up as much space as the ridiculous giant ufo sandwich that is the PS5.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: give it up man. It comes down to whether you prefer Sony or MS games. Stop trying to pass your BS off as objective.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 blaznwiipspman1

@pmanden: exactly...that thing is huge and ugly. I actually had trouble fitting it on my shelf, so I had to out it on the floor to the side. And sony only made such an ugly geometrically shitty console because they overclocked their gpu to try. They didn't want to lose face to the xbox series x and 12 tflop when their own ps5 is only 9 tflop stock.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blaznwiipspman1

@Sagemode87: 90% of games on a console people play are 3rd party. Aside from nintendo I mean.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3745 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Congrats, for just a little bit more you could’ve gotten a vastly superior system.

Yeah, but what's really the point? That kind of nonsense only matters to people who pretend to count frames and pixels. No one else will notice or even care.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@tjandmia said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Congrats, for just a little bit more you could’ve gotten a vastly superior system.

Yeah, but what's really the point? That kind of nonsense only matters to people who pretend to count frames and pixels. No one else will notice or even care.

Exactly. Also you can always keep adding on to the cost. I was NEVER going to buy an expensive PS5 or Series X. I was never in the market with that kind of budget. Series S is actually a really high quality machine. It's just the GPU is a weaker, but as you said, if you don't really care about that...

It's funny how high the standards of these console gamers have suddenly gone up. For example, PS4 gamers have been playing with a GTX 750 (non Ti) GPU, for the whole of last gen up until now. But they're complaining about the Series S that isn't being forced on anyone.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13086 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

This is awesome, I never met someone who buys a gimped console purpose.

Odd, you bought a PS5 didn't you?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7275 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: yes I agree series s is a great console. I to skipped Xbox last gen. They do need to improve this gen. Compared to 360 games not console it was crappy. Xbox one was more reliable console but it didn't have 360 gems.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KvallyX

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@ermacness said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

ps5 doesn't have more "block buster titles". Its a straight up lieing through your TEETH. Most of those blockbusters are from 3 or 4 years ago, before the ps5 even launched. They are PS4 games. What are the real ps5 block buster games?? Horizon Forgotten WORST, Gran TURMILKING 7, demon souls (REMASTER), 1080p CRATCHET and CRANK, returnal...and miles morales (EXPANSION PACK). So around 6 games.

Compare that to the xbox: Halo Infinite (first open world halo game in history), forza horizon 5, MSFS20, psychonauts 2, Ori, Sea of Thieves. Thats also 6 games on xbox. I didn't include any last gen games like gears of war, or MCC because i'm fair.

Anyways, i'm glad you're enjoying the series S. Its a fantastic console if you're into playing games and graphics isn't the highest priority.

WTH??!!!

Someone needs to do a little research before sticking one’s foot in one’s mouth.

ok whatever, but MSFS20 is a next gen game through and through. It was released on August 18th for PC only, 3 months before xbox series launched. Then it was released for xbox in summer 2021, only for the series X and S, not the xbox one consoles. Recently they updated it so that xbox one could play the game through the cloud. Its not even possible to play the game natively on last gen consoles.

Please don't bring facts to the debate. It distracts from their agenda.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10647 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@ermacness said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

WTH??!!!

The only fact is that he listed 2 last gen games while he stated in the very next sentence that he didn’t. MSFS2020 may have been a “somewhat” next gen title, but Returnal and Ratchet n Clank are true next gen titles.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KvallyX

@ermacness said:
@x_hedon said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@ermacness said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

WTH??!!!

The only fact is that he listed 2 last gen games while he stated in the very next sentence that he didn’t. MSFS2020 may have been a “somewhat” next gen title, but Returnal and Ratchet n Clank are true next gen titles.

RC and Returnal are no more next gen than MSFS.