Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7201 Posts

I love this system. fastest/smallest console I ever owned I think lol. its what you wished last gen was. ps4 and xbox one should of had a ssd. ssd this gen is the best upgrade over any thing else in these systems over last gen.

ps now needs to be revamped. gamepass has so much more to play when it comes to third party and indie games.

take kazuma there the sega game. ps now has the ps3 versions while gamepass has the remasters from ps4 and xbox one era.

that alone sony should be ashamed of them self for this lol. the most bought copies is on playstation and xbox has the best versions.

the exclusives like ori and few others are great.

but when it come to big block buster games the xbox is lacking.

PlayStation has so many more exclusives or games to choose from. but only if you have the money to buy them.

but I think xbox is going to have a way better gen than last gen.

this is going to be another close race like the ps3 and 360 era.

which = one of the best gen ever for gamers if we can get away from this blame it on covid delay after delay its going to be great. lol

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45253 Posts

Congrats, for just a little bit more you could’ve gotten a vastly superior system.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

Okay who the heck hijacked Gifford's account? lol :P

Grats and game on.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7255 Posts

Had mine since launch really enjoying the 60fps options when the devs decide to optimise for the system properly.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gifford38

@SecretPolice said:

Grats and game on.

lmao I love my ps5 and will continue to support it.

but gamepass is a great service. now im just waiting for those games.

like fable. please xbox do not make fable into a beta testing game. I want a simple fable game with not microtransactions like the old days.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Grats and game on.

like fable. please xbox do not make fable into a beta testing game. I want a simple fable game with not microtransactions like the old days.

Fable Reboot, is in good hands with Playground Games, me thinks.

Hoping we get to see and hear a bunch about it in June. :D

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

The great thing about Xbox is its backwards compatibility. You can go all the way back to Xbox and Xbox 360 and enjoy thos games as well.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

I am fine with sticking with my Xbox One S. No need to buy another. I am confused as to why the Xbox Series X & S are almost two years old this fall with next to zero exclusive games. What is the point?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

I agree that it would have been a good console last gen, but it is shit for this gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69786 Posts

I am glad you are enjoying your purchase. Now you have more gaming options and you can play without much constraints.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69786 Posts

@mysticaldonut: I heard gamers buy consoles to play games. I know, it is shocking.🙃

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

ps5 doesn't have more "block buster titles". Its a straight up lieing through your TEETH. Most of those blockbusters are from 3 or 4 years ago, before the ps5 even launched. They are PS4 games. What are the real ps5 block buster games?? Horizon Forgotten WORST, Gran TURMILKING 7, demon souls (REMASTER), 1080p CRATCHET and CRANK, returnal...and miles morales (EXPANSION PACK). So around 6 games.

Compare that to the xbox: Halo Infinite (first open world halo game in history), forza horizon 5, MSFS20, psychonauts 2, Ori, Sea of Thieves. Thats also 6 games on xbox. I didn't include any last gen games like gears of war, or MCC because i'm fair.

Anyways, i'm glad you're enjoying the series S. Its a fantastic console if you're into playing games and graphics isn't the highest priority.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 robert_sparkes

The series s is the best value system on the market it will only get better when last gen development is over.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BassMan
@robert_sparkes said:

The series s is the best value system on the market it will only get better when last gen development is over.

This is false. It will get worse. When the next-gen only games start pushing hardware, XSS will be an annoying burden for developers. Expect low frame rates, low resolutions, cut or scaled back graphics options, etc.. Shit tier gaming is what lies ahead for XSS owners.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

Gamepass is great and all, but with so few worthwhile bigger games coming to the service and the fact you get the PS Classic games with the PS5 there isn't as huge of a difference in the services to this point in my opinion. However, with a lot of bigger games coming soon (within the next 6 months to a few years) things are probably going to change quickly. It was also nice to get MLB the Show without the need to sink a lot of money into it. I usually spent around $200-$300 each year on that game alone, so Ultimate saved me more than the entirety I paid for it ($181 for 3 years) on that one game alone. SONY dropped their stacking before I got in, so it's hard to say if I'll buy into their service long term or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-64efdf49333c4
deactivated-64efdf49333c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 deactivated-64efdf49333c4
Member since 2004 • 21783 Posts

@gifford38 said:

the exclusives like ori Not exclusive

PlayStation has so many more exclusives or games to choose from. but only if you have the money to buy them. This makes no sense. Gaming costs money. That's not a criticism, but a point of fact.

which = on of the best gen ever for gamers The 360 was a firebomb with a huge failure rate. It was a black eye for MS. I don't see how that is the "best" gen for gamers.

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

ps5 doesn't have more "block buster titles". Its a straight up lieing through your TEETH.

He said while lying through his teeth.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8160 Posts

the Series S seems like a great budget option for those that want a secondary console, just getting something for their kids, or just for casual play..

I think it was a smart offering to have on store shelves, particularly when packaged with Game Pass.. TC is a good example of that ideal..

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10626 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

ps5 doesn't have more "block buster titles". Its a straight up lieing through your TEETH. Most of those blockbusters are from 3 or 4 years ago, before the ps5 even launched. They are PS4 games. What are the real ps5 block buster games?? Horizon Forgotten WORST, Gran TURMILKING 7, demon souls (REMASTER), 1080p CRATCHET and CRANK, returnal...and miles morales (EXPANSION PACK). So around 6 games.

Compare that to the xbox: Halo Infinite (first open world halo game in history), forza horizon 5, MSFS20, psychonauts 2, Ori, Sea of Thieves. Thats also 6 games on xbox. I didn't include any last gen games like gears of war, or MCC because i'm fair.

Anyways, i'm glad you're enjoying the series S. Its a fantastic console if you're into playing games and graphics isn't the highest priority.

WTH??!!!

Someone needs to do a little research before sticking one’s foot in one’s mouth.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13027 Posts

@robert_sparkes: that’s true Series S is getting a ton of praise. And sales.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

This is awesome, I never met someone who buys a gimped console purpose.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39220 Posts

This console is nothing more than waste of space.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gifford38

@Barighm said:
@gifford38 said:

the exclusives like ori Not exclusive

PlayStation has so many more exclusives or games to choose from. but only if you have the money to buy them. This makes no sense. Gaming costs money. That's not a criticism, but a point of fact.

which = on of the best gen ever for gamers The 360 was a firebomb with a huge failure rate. It was a black eye for MS. I don't see how that is the "best" gen for gamers.

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

ps5 doesn't have more "block buster titles". Its a straight up lieing through your TEETH.

He said while lying through his teeth.

game wise 360 was superior. just like the ps4 a jet engine with great games.

This makes no sense. Gaming costs money. That's not a criticism, but a point of fact.

if you don't have the money to buy every block buster game then gamepass might be more appealing.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gifford38
@robert_sparkes said:

I think the digital ps5 is a better value. series s is great if you already have a ps5.

for 100 more you get more ssd space, 10 teraflop vs 4, more features in the controller.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2455 Posts
@gifford38 said:

I love this system. fastest/smallest console I ever owned I think lol

Yeah, this is the problem with console gamers, or one of them. They want small, small, small, regardless of how bad that is for ventilation. The fans have to blow much harder, which kills the ambiance in whichever demanding game you're playing. Mine now stands outside my room!

Like a bad cat.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gifford38
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

ok as a whole console. if you never owned a ps 4 or xbox one the ps5 has much more block buster games to choose from.

xbox one didn't have many big block buster games because they were concentrating on gamepass and buying developers.

not a bad thing because they are in a great position now because of it. just took a gen to get there.

now playstation is trying to catch up to gamepass has to offer.

but the ps4 just kept coming out with big block buster games that became ps5 versions like ghost and death stranded and more. just because you don't like great games like ratchet and clank and forbbiden west does not change the fact they are huge big budget games.

I get you only like 9 rated games.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gifford38
@SecretPolice said:
@gifford38 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Grats and game on.

Fable Reboot, is in good hands with Playground Games, me thinks.

Hoping we get to see and hear a bunch about it in June. :D

yeah I think playground games will show Peter what ever his name was how to make a better fable than part 3 lol.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

I Instantly Dismiss anyone who buys a Series S over a PS5 or X-Series X or a gaming PC or switch OLED

I'm sorry thats just how i roll you buy a garbage system I dismiss you right away.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@warm_gun said:
@gifford38 said:

I love this system. fastest/smallest console I ever owned I think lol

Yeah, this is the problem with console gamers, or one of them. They want small, small, small, regardless of how bad that is for ventilation. The fans have to blow much harder, which kills the ambiance in whichever demanding game you're playing. Mine now stands outside my room!

Like a bad cat.

2 things.

1 - A can of air might help with the dust, which will help with fan noise and cooling.

2 - Redoing the thermal paste on those consoles has helped with fan noise considerably. Sony used the cheapest shit possible.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#29 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Im seeing a lot of that old babybackballbagbullshit here

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@Pedro said:

@mysticaldonut: I heard gamers buy consoles to play games. I know, it is shocking.🙃

But why would you buy Xbox over PS5? You get less titles

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58397 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

The great thing about Xbox is its backwards compatibility. You can go all the way back to Xbox and Xbox 360 and enjoy thos games as well.

Wow OG Xbox? Didn't know they went that far back, that's pretty nice.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3078 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:@R4gn4r0k said: The great thing about Xbox is its backwards compatibility. You can go all the way back to Xbox and Xbox 360 and enjoy thos games as well.

Wow OG Xbox? Didn't know they went that far back, that's pretty nice.

I thought I saw something where you can play Crimson Skies linked up with every generation of Xbox. It's a cool concept, but if they can do it with that game, why the hell don't they do it with Halo CE?! You know, the game responsible for Xbox still existing! I'm sure it's to try and recoup what they put into MCC, but I just want the unadulterated og version on modern hardware.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

At the moment at least, the critical flaw with the humble Series S isn't its lower graphics specs, its that tiny internal SSD. There is something like only 300GB available to the end user. Unless you're going to buy the expansion card, your installed library or GamePass subscription isn't going to go very far. And a Series S with the expansion card costs as much as a superior Series X. Well, it does in the UK anyway.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

This will be a great system to own when it drops to $99. Anything over that is overpriced.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8160 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

This will be a great system to own when it drops to $99. Anything over that is overpriced.

i'd say $199 will be the sweet spot for the Series S..

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts
@gifford38 said:
@robert_sparkes said:

I think the digital ps5 is a better value. series s is great if you already have a ps5.

for 100 more you get more ssd space, 10 teraflop vs 4, more features in the controller.

But, had the Series S not existed, you may not have bought the Series X at full price. A major point people seem to miss here. There is a point to the Series S. It's a good system. I wouldn't have got a Series X after last gen. MS has a lot to prove and I wasn't in the market for a £500 console.

Everyone has a "my way or the highway" view of what a gaming device should be, in SWs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:

Hell no. You buy it as a second or third system. $99 is the only price this will be worthy of a system, just to play old games.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:

Yet paying $500 or $600 for a PS5 or a XSX that only plays last gen games (apart from two next gen games on the PS5). That's "well priced"?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yet paying $500 or $600 for a PS5 or a XSX that only plays last gen games (apart from two next gen games on the PS5). That's "well priced"?

Nice try. The PS5 is $400 if you want to play current gen stuff.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 robert_sparkes

Thinking about it the ps5 digital is probably a better system to pick up considering its only £400. You are getting 10 tf over the series s 4 the s is a good option though when you add the backwards compatibility.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44305 Posts

It always blows my mind how some people just can’t deduce reasons on their own as to why others may purchase one system over another. Do these people not understand that different people enjoy different things on different levels? This is entertainment folks, it’s subjective.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

Or you could just get a PS4. :-S

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

To play in sub 30fps? No.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BassMan
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:

Hell no. You buy it as a second or third system. $99 is the only price this will be worthy of a system, just to play old games.

Whether it is $300, $200, $100, free... it is not a good system. Lowering the price does not change the shit specs.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

Cop out. Really not the point. We shouldn't spend over two years playing last gen games at a higher frame rate. That's what mid-gen refreshes are for, not next gen consoles.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:

Whether it is $300, $200, $100, free... it is not a good system. Lowering the price does not change the shit specs.

It doesn't, but if you want to play old shit like many on SW do, $99 is good for what it is.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Cop out. Really not the point. We shouldn't spend over two years playing last gen games at a higher frame rate. That's what mid-gen refreshes are for, not next gen consoles.

Mid gen refresh didn't give us 60fps. It gave us 1600-1800p in sub 30fps.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I'm still working through my PS4 backlog.

I thought about getting this just because of how dirt cheap (I've already seen some below MSRP deals) and readily available it is compared to the Series X or PS5. But the performance issues some games are having sort of turned me off and i figure might as well just wait for the more proper upgrade. Some games sound like they are well optimized for Series S, others not so much. Actually in that way it's almost like a step backwards into the PS3/XB360 era were there where so many high profile games with very suboptimal ports compared to the other, and it's all a bit hit or miss. This issue is bound to just keep getting worse too as more effort is made to optimize for PS5/Series X, it just becomes too tall a task to waste time getting the Series S version up to speed.

I guess for $299 it is what it is. It's a compromise. I'm sure it's solid so long as you stick to the well optimized games.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

Mid gen refresh didn't give us 60fps. It gave us 1600-1800p in sub 30fps.

WOW in that case this is totally worth it. :-(

Next gen without next gen. This is like dry land swimming.