Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Source

Edwards recently went on the Talk of Jericho podcast, Jericho being one of AEW's biggest stars, and briefly addressed the game's status. She explained her previous work experience working in the video game industry and confirmed she had taken on the role of Project Coordinator for AEW's game.

well, dont know anyone actually care about it as wrestling today is irrelevent and also feel like just average poeple in high school gym doing flip and flop.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

Nice. I love wrestling and have been watching it regularly for many decades. I’ve always been, and still am, a WWE guy but AEW is the best competitor that they’ve had and I really enjoying watching their stuff regularly as well. I haven’t played many of the wrestling games though for ages because I just haven’t found them to be all that good. Hopefully this one is though as I really wouldn’t mind having one that I can enjoy.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Not a fan of AEW ... they have a couple of good acts (Le Champ proably the peak) but i don't really like how they are too self aware ... for this reason, i don't think a game could work ... how are they gonna do Orange Cassidy ??? Unless it's a very "arcade" game like Fire Pro Wrestling, i don't know if they can make a good game ... specially since "Sim Wrestling" has taken the worst nose dive ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Nice. I love wrestling and have been watching it regularly for many decades. I’ve always been, and still am, a WWE guy but AEW is the best competitor that they’ve had and I really enjoying watching their stuff regularly as well. I haven’t played many of the wrestling games though for ages because I just haven’t found them to be all that good. Hopefully this one is though as I really wouldn’t mind having one that I can enjoy.

Man the WWE is pure garbage now, Vince needs to retire and take his writers with him, oh and take his kids with him also.

I haven't watched Raw/Smackdown in about 3yrs. Once the attitude era died, so did the WWE.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Man the WWE is pure garbage now, Vince needs to retire and take his writers with him, oh and take his kids with him also.

I haven't watched Raw/Smackdown in about 3yrs. Once the attitude era died, so did the WWE.

2001 was pretty much the kiss of death for wrestling WCW and ECW went out of business WWE botched the Alliance angle and it's been downhill ever since.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@warmblur said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Archangel3371 said:

2001 was pretty much the kiss of death for wrestling WCW and ECW went out of business WWE botched the Alliance angle and it's been downhill ever since.

ECW's style wasn't sustainable and someone was going to get killed, while I liked the style there was no one really in charge and there was too much freedom (yeah there is such a thing) and when WWE took it over it went way too tame.

WCW was much more structured but having Russo writing & Bischoff run the day to day was only going to run it into the ground, and giving out stupid contracts like the one for Kevin Nash was killing the business financially.

And again when WWE bought it they screwed it up.

WWE with having Lesner as the champ is a joke, Reigns getting pushed all the time, Charlette holding belts all the time, its just become boring.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@warmblur said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Archangel3371 said:

ECW's style wasn't sustainable and someone was going to get killed, while I liked the style there was no one really in charge and there was too much freedom (yeah there is such a thing) and when WWE took it over it went way too tame.

WCW was much more structured but having Russo writing & Bischoff run the day to day was only going to run it into the ground, and giving out stupid contracts like the one for Kevin Nash was killing the business financially.

And again when WWE bought it they screwed it up.

WWE with having Lesner as the champ is a joke, Reigns getting pushed all the time, Charlette holding belts all the time, its just become boring.

no doubt, Vince loves him his Roman Reigns.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Wrestling games are pretty fun when done well, so I am all for this.

@ghosts4ever said:

Source

Edwards recently went on the Talk of Jericho podcast, Jericho being one of AEW's biggest stars, and briefly addressed the game's status. She explained her previous work experience working in the video game industry and confirmed she had taken on the role of Project Coordinator for AEW's game.

well, dont know anyone actually care about it as wrestling today is irrelevent and also feel like just average poeple in high school gym doing flip and flop.

Yo I don't like wrestling at all, but they are for the most part incredible athletes with amazing willpower. Not only to train into some sort of crazy hybrid of bodybuilder and gymnast, but to also endure the low pay, injuries, and horrendous schedule.

I'd rather watch wrestling than baseball, football, and so on.

But I would prefer to not watch any of it :D

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Archangel3371 said:

the attitude era was cool after that wrestling died and turn it into worse with PG era and current era which have random guys at local gym. even the gym i went to have better build than many wwe wrestlers today.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

Who remembers Saturday Night Slam Masters on the SNES? I loved that game!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@worlds_apart said:

Who remembers Saturday Night Slam Masters on the SNES? I loved that game!

I do great game I remember renting it from Blockbuster multiple times.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Fire pro wrestling world is the best wrestling game out there if its anything like that then I'd be interested. 2K and the WWE is a stale partnership.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@ghosts4ever: "the attitude era was cool after that wrestling died"

For me it died in early 2002 when the name change happen (understandable) and the 1st roster split.

@robert_sparkes: "Fire pro wrestling world is the best wrestling game out there"

I just literally bought this game for $14+. How good is it?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

@worlds_apart: I remember that game, tons of fun.